[Canada] BB - RE4:Wii Edition $19.99

Get this game if you happened to miss the GC, PS2, and PC versions. Even if you've played the GC/PS2 versions, the Wii controls make this so much better, plus you get the bonus content in the PS2 version.

I missed all the previous versions, blowing it off as too hard for me.

But HELL NO, RE4: Wii is one of my favorite games now. If you have any sense, GET THIS GAME FOR THE WII! GET IT NOW!

I actually just traded this in for the trade 2 + $10 deal. It's such a wicked game, but I already owned the versions on GCN (day one), and PS2... but I would be tempted to get the game again. Maybe I should just wait for RE5 though.

Yeah I got it at that price a couple of months ago (whenever Lego Batman came out). I also played the Cube version to death but it's definitely worth revisiting and the Wii controls rule.

[quote name='Firestorm']I bought this at launch and found out the game is damn well near unplayable on an LCD TV.[/quote]

I never even tried it on my new LCD TV (had a good ol' tube TV before). What made it unplayable on the LCD? Just it looked bad, or the controls were off?

It looks worse than you could imagine. Ugh. Edges are so jagged they shimmer. Dithering is awful. I'm going to try playing it on the TV upstairs.

aww... bought it for 30$ USD way back when...
at least it didn't come with a french manual =P
(no offense to any french speakers/supporters here)

[quote name='Firestorm']It looks worse than you could imagine. Ugh. Edges are so jagged they shimmer. Dithering is awful. I'm going to try playing it on the TV upstairs.[/quote]

I've had that problem with pretty much every Wii game I've tried playing (though... I haven't been playing it much due to lack of good games recently). I even went to HMV and got some component cables... which just seemed to make the jaggies worse. I'm still contemplating whether to switch back to the cables it came with... but considering how much playtime the Wii gets it doesn't seem to matter.

The Wii looks fine on my Plasma. The jaggies in are almost unnoticeable from where I usually sit about 10 feet from the TV. I use the component cables and the colors look very vibrant.

Could be your TV. There are some jaggies on my LG 32" at 480p, but it's not unbearable.

I picked this up during the Blu-Ray Disc price error: cost me about $5 after taxes. :D

[quote name='Firestorm']It looks worse than you could imagine. Ugh. Edges are so jagged they shimmer. Dithering is awful. I'm going to try playing it on the TV upstairs.[/quote]

Try setting your Wii and/or TV to 480i.

And I got this at launch for 25 bucks from amazon and it's great.

Plasmas scale SD content better from what I hear. It could be my TV yes. I just don't play the Wii often so it's bearable I guess.

That's why I got the Plasma instead of the LCD. I still mostly still DVD's and a lot of the TV shows I watch are still SD. This week I've been watching the Band of Brothers on DVD and have been pretty impressed with how good that looks in SD.
I had fun tonight showing my uncle Planet Earth in HD :p

bread's done
Back