[Canada] BBV: Buy one get one half off!

I have never bought anything from BBV before... how good are the condition of their preplayed games, usually? Do they come with manuals? Also, do you have to be a Blockbuster member to make purchases?

Thanks OP, does anyone know if you have to be a member to trade in?
Also anyone no the tiv for turok? thxs Also is Trade4Getonefree is still on?

[quote name='CHW']I have never bought anything from BBV before... how good are the condition of their preplayed games, usually? Do they come with manuals? Also, do you have to be a Blockbuster member to make purchases?[/quote]
BBV gets quite a few trade in games from what I noticed. Just make sure you get a traded in game and not a formerly rental title, the former are more likely to be in it's original box, without even mentioning inserts. But even then again, it's better to just get used games from pawn shops or Rogers. :p

[quote name='CHW']I have never bought anything from BBV before... how good are the condition of their preplayed games, usually? Do they come with manuals? Also, do you have to be a Blockbuster member to make purchases?[/quote]
I used to work for BBV.

Most of the PPVs are just pulled straight from rentals and slapped into the PRP section (lets just be old school and call them used games). Most BBV's won't bother checking the disc before putting it for sale, but you can ask them to unlock and check any of the games you're interested in buying, before you take it home. As mentioned by others, their traded-in games also go straight to the shelves as used games, so there's always the chance there's a gem in the rough.

BBV has a pretty good return policy if game discs are too scratched or such, so I would say go for it if you find one you like.

My gripe with BBV is that depending on the location, most games don't come in their original boxes. However, I've managed to find empty white DVD cases for the Wii at other locations, so I just grab a few (they're free) and just swap the inserts.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']My gripe with BBV is that depending on the location, most games don't come in their original boxes. However, I've managed to find empty white DVD cases for the Wii at other locations, so I just grab a few (they're free) and just swap the inserts.[/quote]

You can also order them from Nintendo's website, if you're so inclined.

Also: check out dollar stores- they sometimes have cheapo dvds in white cases, you can just toss the DVD.

[quote name='webrunner']You can also order them from Nintendo's website, if you're so inclined.

Also: check out dollar stores- they sometimes have cheapo dvds in white cases, you can just toss the DVD.[/quote]

Thanks, but shipping is kinda pricey.

Oak and 16th has Dead Rising for $29.99 and Stuntman Ignition for $24.99, both 360.

conan for 24.99 is pretty decent. Easy achievements and it is worth 12 bucks back when i want to. Unless EBgames has it for 8 or more, than its a good achievement rental than tiv there :)

I got NBA 07 (ps3) as well for 7.50, I actually think its a pretty decent game. The fact that 2k8 is flawed so much (no technicals, not sure if they fixed it), just make me more interested. It sells for 29.99 used at EB as well so I wonder if its worth 8.

[quote name='webrunner']You can also order them from Nintendo's website, if you're so inclined.

Also: check out dollar stores- they sometimes have cheapo dvds in white cases, you can just toss the DVD.[/quote]

But they don't have the embossed Wii logo on them!! =O

bread's done
Back