[Canada] Best Buy: Buy 2 get 1 free (Dec. 4-10)

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Unconfirmed (I wonder where you can get NEXT week's flyer on Tuesday) from RFD:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/best-buy-video-games-buy-2-get-1-free-dec-4-dec-10-a-821365/

No rainchecks, new games only, 1 per customer (poor balonis)

PM with EB's flyer this Friday for madness.

L4D2 $43.49 after PM
Dragon Age $43.49 after PM
NHL 10 FREE
Total: $87 for 3 games, works out to $29 EACH. Pretty much equivalent to PM'ing TRU's promo this week.

I'm PM'ing L4D2 PC for sure. Now I just need 2 other games...

[quote name='game_fanatic']Went to Future Shop today, picked up the GoW Collection, Scribblenauts (for the wife) and Left 4 Dead 2. The price for L4D2 was $39.99, so it looks like the price drop is in effect.

As a side note, I was interested in getting Star Wars: The Force Unleashed-Ultimate Sith Edition, but no Future Shop's seem to have any in stock!! Very strange, considering it just came out![/QUOTE]

PC version is still $44.99. :bomb: The FIRST game is $44.99 too. :applause:

Okay let's see what we could possibly get:

Assassin's Creed 2
Dragon Age Origins (39.99)
Ratchet and Clank (I could just rent and beat this quickly)

Would it be possible to buy a 3rd 59.99 title and just rent it in time for Darksiders ?

Ya, I'm planning on PMing it.

Is it a good game on the PS3? It looks like a PC MMORPG to me.

I think I'll give it a try and sell it if I dont like it.

I'm trying to think of other recently released games I might have overlooked besides the following:

MW2
UC2
Demon's Souls
Borderlands
R&C
Brutal Legend
NGS2
Mini Ninjas
AC2
Batman AA
DA:O

Any of you guys find any good deals using games in the 20-30$ range.

I picked up Uncharted 2 and Ratchet today (my buddy also got uncharted) using the B2G1F, but would be willing to spend another 40-60$ if I could grab 3 more games.

I think I saw red alert for 20$, dont know if anything else in that area worth buying.

wolfenstein as a relatively recent one that is down to $30 already at fs. pacific rift is $30. Left 4 dead 1 GOTY is $30.

Bioshock and burnout paradise at 3 for $40 is pretty good being it would be unlikely to get them less then $10

[quote name='zoro69']wolfenstein as a relatively recent one that is down to $30 already at fs. pacific rift is $30. Left 4 dead 1 GOTY is $30.

Bioshock and burnout paradise at 3 for $40 is pretty good being it would be unlikely to get them less then $10[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions. I figured out how to sort all PS3/360 games by price and man was there a ton at $20.

I went with:

Assassin's Creed (ps3) - $19.99
Prince of Persia (ps3) - $19.99
Dead Space (360) - $19.99

All great games that I've never had a chance to play, for $40+tax that's a sweet deal

I think I'm gonna use this deal to get Guitar Hero 5 ($70), Band Hero ($60), and for the free game Personal Trainer Walking DS ($50), for my dad. Then I might just import Band Hero and sell it, tivs.ca has a $35 value at EB from November.

Update, got Guitar Hero 5 & Band Hero for PS3, and New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other notable titles for those looking to get three cheaper games:

Terminator: Salvation (XB360) - $19.99
Tomb Raider: Underworld (XB360) - $19.99
FEAR 2 (XB360, PS3) - $19.95
Assassin's Creed CE (XB360) - $19.99
Brother's In Arms: Hell's Highway CE (XB360) - $19.99
Sega Superstar Tennis (XB360) - $19.99
Guitar Hero II (XB360) - $19.99

Those are all I can remember right now, but there were loads more. BB Polo Park had a number of tables set up with copies of the same title stacked on top of another. There was slim pickins for PS3, but Wii (mostly shovelware), DS (ditto), and XB360 (some good ones) all had tons of games on sale. I was on the fence about checking it out and came out with a few good titles (got AC2, then Tomb Raider: Underworld and FEAR 2 - total for all three was $79.98 + tax).

Quick question, does this only count for single games, and not for any of the bigger priced games like Band Hero? Like I know I read somewhere the maximum was $69.99, but is that for the price of the game(s) you pay for, or the free game? Guy at BB told me only single games count, so no bundles (RB, GH, BH, etc), but I just wanted to doublecheck.

Well see, my brother ended up buying Band Hero + another game for $29.99 (Christmas presents, he was going to buy them no matter what, the purchases had nothing to do with the B2G1F), so I was wondering if we could have gotten another game for $29.99 for free, but wasn't sure. On the list from the other topic it says DJ Hero counts...maybe BH does, too? xD

Just got back from FS and BB and they both no longer apply the deal to games that come with accessories (Wii Fit, PS3/XBOX360 controller + game bundles). It now only applies to standalone games.

Has anyone gotten them to honour the B2G1 Free deal on preorders since it shows it as a special offer on the website for preorder games also?

does anyone know if you can use the $10 off a $100 purchase coupon that i received by email?

i'm thinking about getting Forza 3, Ass Creed 2 and GoWCollection...but this coupon would make it that much better

[quote name='wizic']picked up 3 copies of demon's souls (2 for my fds)
70*2=140*1.05=147/3=50 bucks ea =D
Good stuff ^ ^~[/QUOTE]

You found Demon's Souls at Best Buy? I went in today and mine had no copies, and I checked online to see it unlisted at BestBuy.ca.

I wanted to get Bayonetta next month [as well as Uncharted 2 and another copy for a friend], so I went to the South Common Best Buy in Edmonton.

- They said they weren't taking preorders
- They suggested I get 3 $60 games, and return one for credit, so I said sure
- Then they said "their system" wouldn't let me return one of the games
They suggested I try going to another Best Buy :roll:

In the end, walked out with nothing.
*sigh*

[quote name='kyle071785']does anyone know if you can use the $10 off a $100 purchase coupon that i received by email?

i'm thinking about getting Forza 3, Ass Creed 2 and GoWCollection...but this coupon would make it that much better[/QUOTE]

They told me I cannot combine the $10 off $100 purchase coupon with this B2G1 free deal.

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']I wanted to get Bayonetta next month [as well as Uncharted 2 and another copy for a friend], so I went to the South Common Best Buy in Edmonton.

- They said they weren't taking preorders
- They suggested I get 3 $60 games, and return one for credit, so I said sure
- Then they said "their system" wouldn't let me return one of the games
They suggested I try going to another Best Buy :roll:

In the end, walked out with nothing.
*sigh*[/QUOTE]

sounds just like my experience...go in wanting 3 games...they only had 1 in stock despite having all the "game card slips" present

.../sigh

I walked across the street to EB and picked up a used copy of Forza 2 plat. hits for $9.99

its probably better I get Forza 2 before 3 anyway as even though i love cars I just saved about $130 by not biting on Best Buy's B2G1 deal

[quote name='kyle071785']sounds just like my experience...go in wanting 3 games...they only had 1 in stock despite having all the "game card slips" present

.../sigh

I walked across the street to EB and picked up a used copy of Forza 2 plat. hits for $9.99

its probably better I get Forza 2 before 3 anyway as even though i love cars I just saved about $130 by not biting on Best Buy's B2G1 deal[/QUOTE]

Ya the stock has been drying up pretty quickly. I went to my besbuy (LaSalle, Qc) on friday and they had tons of everything - a table stacked with piles and piles of the hottest stuff. I went again on Sunday to pick up some cheap games and they were sold out/near sold out of all kinds of stuff....it looked like a hurricane had passed through the video game section

[quote name='custo']Ya the stock has been drying up pretty quickly. I went to my besbuy (LaSalle, Qc) on friday and they had tons of everything - a table stacked with piles and piles of the hottest stuff. I went again on Sunday to pick up some cheap games and they were sold out/near sold out of all kinds of stuff....it looked like a hurricane had passed through the video game section[/QUOTE]

yup...I could have easily gotten the games I wanted if I went when the sale started but I was debating on buying them as even with the B2G1 sale its still not the cheapest of prices

but the Best Buy I went to (new one in Aurora, ON) was a disaster with most of the stock missing...though of course they had a table set up right at the front of about 1000 Wii shovelware games

sure don't stock the bestsellers but carry multiple copies of crap...makes sense :bomb:

the $9 I spent on Forza 2 is making my wallet much happier though (instead of the $150 charge it was about to have put on it) :D

[quote name='kyle071785']
but the Best Buy I went to (new one in Aurora, ON) was a disaster with most of the stock missing...though of course they had a table set up right at the front of about 1000 Wii shovelware games

sure don't stock the bestsellers but carry multiple copies of crap...makes sense :bomb:
[/QUOTE]

Of course they're going to have multiple copies of 'crap'. They're probably trying to use the sale to get rid of tons of overstock on games they can never sell!

I've been debating whether or not to try and pick up any games from this. The only couple I want right now are AC2 and GOW collection and maybe Demon's Souls. With the backlog of games I have right now (those I haven't played yet, and those I want to play through again for achievements), I can't really justify to myself spending $120-140 for 3 new games. Especially when a bunch of titles will probably have dropped in price by the time I'd get around to playing them anyway.

[quote name='cswloo']Of course they're going to have multiple copies of 'crap'. They're probably trying to use the sale to get rid of tons of overstock on games they can never sell!

I've been debating whether or not to try and pick up any games from this. The only couple I want right now are AC2 and GOW collection and maybe Demon's Souls. With the backlog of games I have right now (those I haven't played yet, and those I want to play through again for achievements), I can't really justify to myself spending $120-140 for 3 new games. Especially when a bunch of titles will probably have dropped in price by the time I'd get around to playing them anyway.[/QUOTE]

I think that's basically the situation for a lot of ppl. There were literally a lot of soild games released this year & a lot of them ppl picked up during various sales that had already occured (black friday comes to mind). People don't have infinite budgets for video games right?

[quote name='cswloo']With the backlog of games I have right now (those I haven't played yet, and those I want to play through again for achievements), I can't really justify to myself spending $120-140 for 3 new games. Especially when a bunch of titles will probably have dropped in price by the time I'd get around to playing them anyway.[/QUOTE]

indeed. I'm in the same boat as you. There's so many games on the 360/PS3 I've been wanting to replay and get more achievements in (GTA4 and its expansions come to mind). Not to mention actually build a few levels in LittleBigPlanet since i love that game

over the past 2 years though I've taken my backlog down from 75-80 unfinished games...I now have 15 to go so I've made good progress...though 7 of the 15 are 80+ hour PS2 RPG's which I may or may not ever have the patience for :whistle2:(

I feel the same way as some of you guys. Now, I just got back into gaming last xmas when my gf bought me a 360 elite, and have accumulated 17 games over the year. For me that's a lot, and 6 of those have been in the last month or so. I want Forza 3, FIFA 10, and Tiger Woods 10, but spending ~$153 or so after tax for 3 games and at $51 a title, I wouldn't be buying all 3 if I had a choice. Not this close to xmas/boxing day anyway.

Money's tight. If I can find 2 $30 titles I like, I'm sure I could find a good 'free' game in the mix, but otherwise meh.

I'm choked I didn't take advantage of the BF sale at future shop. They had The Bourne Conspiracy for $9.99 and it's back up to $39.99. It doesn't look like it's worth $45 post tax to me...but $10? Sure, I'd be down.

Looks like Best Buy also has some of those cruddy "spend at least X, get Y off", where Y is a fixed amount. EG: Spend between $100 and $349, get $10 off.

I hate these coupons, because it means unless you spend EXACTLY $10, diminishing returns bites you in the wallet. It's like putting 31 litres of gas in you car at Canadian Tire! Just feels wrong. =)

They're only good 8th-10th, so if you were going to get a bunch of games on the buy 2/get 1, it might be worth it.

The coupons say "no gift cards", obviously-- but do PSN credits count as gift cards?

Linky: http://bestbuy.ca/marketing/pcs_dec09/en/?CMP=NLC-email_weekly

At BB just got wii williams pinball $15, house of the dead overkill $15 (used...but mint. Except for the marker slash over the upc right on the cover...wtf there was another upc sticker over that) and the 360 Raiden one for the sake of getting a 3rd at 415.

FS had a bunch more of the left 4 dead 2 out that were gone the other day

Surprised at how little interest there is, I think there were more people in eb sat asking for new $70 games then at fs/bb

Backlog? I've got some sealed games still from a couple years back. I'm getting to them in time but the new stuff just keeps coming

Just got Demons Souls, Modern Warfare 2, and Resistance 2. Just so people don't have to go through what I did, a couple of tips.

1) If you can't find Demons Souls, have them look it up in their computer. Key thing is to make sure they type in "Demons Souls" WITHOUT the apostrophe. The first guy helping me kept telling me there is no such game.

2) If the games aren't on the shelves, they could either be in the back (where I got Modern Warfare from) or in a "cage" up front. You'll have to ask a service rep for help on those counts.

[quote name='zoro69']At BB just got wii williams pinball $15, house of the dead overkill $15 (used...but mint. Except for the marker slash over the upc right on the cover...wtf there was another upc sticker over that) and the 360 Raiden one for the sake of getting a 3rd at 415.

FS had a bunch more of the left 4 dead 2 out that were gone the other day

Surprised at how little interest there is, I think there were more people in eb sat asking for new $70 games then at fs/bb[/QUOTE]

I thought used games didn't qualify?

Can we use the Kellogs 5$ off coupon with the B2G1F?

The way I see it, if u buy 3 x 39.99 games, can you use 3 coupons? One ends up being free, so 5$ off 0$??

If you use 2 of them, 1x 39.99 2x34.99 (with coupons) that would mean that you would pay one at 39.99 and the other one at 34.99 and the 3rd one free. But then, that means that you have to pay for one at 39.99 and the other one at 34.99 which means that you still apply the 2nd coupon on a free game.

Only way I see to use a coupons, is that one of the 3 games has to be higher price than the other 2. 1x 44.99 (dropped to 39.99 with coupon) + 2x 39.99 games

EDIT: Turns out you can't use any Kellogs coupon. The promotion wouldn't stack on top of each others.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I thought used games didn't qualify?[/QUOTE]

the flyer said they didn't, the website said they did...and it does work.
most of them aren't priced at much of a deal even B2/g1, or it would be hard to put 3 low prices ones together, but there are some.

PS3 ferrari is $20 new at FS, but $40 used at BB.

bread's done
Back