[Canada] Best Buy Online-Only Sale (20% off accessories) (starts Aug. 2 3pm PST)

It appears that futureshop store credit cards (i.e. from game trade-ins) are valid online at best buy? I can check my card balance there but haven't tried to buy anything with it yet. Anyone know for sure?

I couldn't get it to apply the discount to the XBL Points Cards, lame.

*Edit - Nevermind. I fail at reading the actual ad on the website. Starts August 2nd.

I was under the impression the free shipping promo ended August 1st?

And Teddite, the sale isn't for another couple days, so the discounts won't be applied quite yet.

Sweet. I've been waiting for a sale on Wii Points, and would like to stock up a little bit. This isn't quite as good as the occasional 25% off from TRU, but it's close enough.

*fingers crossed*

[quote name='buzzyon']Why can't futureshop ever have 20% off? I hate not having a best buy. :([/QUOTE]

Since this is online only, you don't really need a Best Buy... do you?

[quote name='TripleQ']It appears that futureshop store credit cards (i.e. from game trade-ins) are valid online at best buy? I can check my card balance there but haven't tried to buy anything with it yet. Anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]

I think I heard someone do it buying only online, but couldn't for ISPU (since you need to pay for it in person). They use the same system but if a BB employee sees you with an FS GC they'll deny you.

For those in the EST, the sale starts at 6pm on August 2nd, and ends at 10am on August 4th.

edit: Also, the Free Shipping promo ends on August 6th, so it's all gravy baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ejamer']Since this is online only, you don't really need a Best Buy... do you?[/QUOTE]
Oops, didn't notice the online only part. I'm just used to seeing posts about BB and TRU having sweet deals, while I'm stuck with FS and their big 10% off sales.

PSN cards are not available online, and I think they're considered gift cards (as they're a cash value, not buying points) so I don't think they'll be discounted.

i don't think they'll put the cards on sale.
for MS points and PSN cards, the monetary value (w/o taxes) would be almost equal to the amount provided. they'd technically be losing money, wouldn't they? i might be mistaken.

gonna pick up a Dualshock 3 for sure though

You can forget about the PSN cards, there's no shipping or in store pick-up, which means you can't order it online and this is an online only sale...

I don't know about PSN cards, but have seen both MS and Wii points on sale like this elsewhere. Not sure if Best Buy will offer them or not... but it can't hurt to check!

[quote name='heimdal']I guess I get to use one of the two $10 off $50 coupons from SPC card! Yay[/QUOTE]

can't we use both the cards as they are essentially gift cards per se and we can use both

I will try though. It wud be sweet if we are able to

I'm confused, the email said the sale would work on in-store pick ups, but when I select that in my cart, all the items return to normal price.

EDIT: When I take out the PSN card of my cart, everything is fine. I knew cheap PSN cards were too good to be true! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a 2800 Live Pts card, a back 360 controller+charge kit, a rechargeable battery pack for my other 360 controller and a 4GB microSD card for my cellphone.
Total with tax: $125.30
Not bad, I wish I could have bought a few PSN cards though.

[quote name='projectkuro']Just snagged:
- 5x 2800 Live Points
- 2x Wii M+
- 1x Live Messenger Pack

Been waitin' for this for a while.[/QUOTE]
That's some major pointage!
How is best buy for shipping? Do they get things sent out quickly? Anybody ever have a problem with them?

[quote name='buzzyon']That's some major pointage!
How is best buy for shipping? Do they get things sent out quickly? Anybody ever have a problem with them?[/QUOTE]

nope. shipping isn't an issue with them, thats for sure.

[quote name='firebelly']can't even use one?

have anyone else been able to use the SPC 10% off cards?[/QUOTE]

I couldn't use it on my order too. What's going on?

[quote name='buzzyon']Why can't futureshop ever have 20% off? I hate not having a best buy. :([/QUOTE]

Sign up for FS's newsletters. They have sales like this all the time. Like 3-4 times a year.

[quote name='heimdal']I couldn't use it on my order too. What's going on?[/QUOTE]

as per them this is promotional sale so we cannot use the SPC card as it is not applicable for promotional sales

[quote name='game_fanatic']How is it some guy orders 5 XBL cards and I can't order more that one?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he did 5 separate orders?

What the heck... I put a $20 PSN card in my cart and it drops it to $16 but neither shipping or in-store pickup are available options. So what's the point of the discount, it's apparently impossible to get it for the discounted price.

^ I noticed that too, the $50 PSN card went down to $40 when added to my card, but both options were unavailable, even if the stores I would pick it up at does have stock.

Oh and don't even try getting it shipped "when available". Did you see how much they charge to ship these cards? 55 bucks! I think they really want to sell these in store only! lol

^ I noticed that too, the $50 PSN card went down to $40 when added to my card, but both options were unavailable, even if the stores I would pick it up at does have stock.

Oh and don't even try getting it shipped "when available". Did you see how much they charge to ship these cards? 55 bucks! I think they really want to sell these in store only! lol

What a shitty system they have going there. They should get that sorted out, don't apply a discount to a product when it's impossible to buy the product at the discounted price!

[quote name='game_fanatic']How is it some guy orders 5 XBL cards and I can't order more than one?[/QUOTE]

Submitted my order at 6:05 PM, before they put in the limit on 1 per household. My buddy picked up 5 cards as well.

bread's done
Back