[Canada]Blockbuster: Select PS2 games $7.99

I've been meaning to pick up a copy of grimgrimgrimore (or whatever it is), :p hope I can get to a blockbuster before they're all sold though....

If anyone around the GVR finds an extra copy of Grim Grimoire please let me know, I'd really like that game especially for this price. :( Probably all gone by the time I can check.

According to one of the EB preorder wikis, it days House of Dead 2/3 is viable for trade in 3. It's a 30$ game ... why would someone waste the trade in on that? Or is it different compared to the others.

[quote name='poiuiu']According to one of the EB preorder wikis, it days House of Dead 2/3 is viable for trade in 3. It's a 30$ game ... why would someone waste the trade in on that? Or is it different compared to the others.[/quote]

they probably hope buyers don't notice the $30 tag and assume it's $60 like most other games.

I'm thinking I might have to check this out. My friend is going to be pissed that he just picked up Grim Grimoire for $20 used at Rogers for the 2 for $40...

Meh about Grim Grimoire for your friend.

I bought my copy from BBV for 30 used during their 25% off sale only to have new copies of the game dropped to 20 new a week later. :p

A word of warning ... some $7.99 PS2 games does NOT qualify for EB TIV of $8 or more.

Black, Soul Caliber, and Prince of Persia for PS2 does NOT qualify despite the listing on RFD.

As for Grim they were plenty of copies in the 3 BBV I stopped in today. However some stores were cleaned out. A employee at EB mentioned that they will probably be ending this real soon because they are so many ppl dropping off games there from BBV.

[quote name='vibinvo']A word of warning ... some $7.99 PS2 games does NOT qualify for EB TIV of $8 or more.

Black, Soul Caliber, and Prince of Persia for PS2 does NOT qualify despite the listing on RFD.

As for Grim they were plenty of copies in the 3 BBV I stopped in today. However some stores were cleaned out. A employee at EB mentioned that they will probably be ending this real soon because they are so many ppl dropping off games there from BBV.[/quote]

Which area of bbv did you visit? I'm having trouble figuring out if all bbv sell video games or which ones to visit to maximize the chances of finding a copy...

I'd like to also note that a LOT of DS games dropped in price:

Both MM Star Force games
Drawn to Life
A bunch of Naruto games
A Spongebob game
A few Dragon Ball Z games (the only game that I can recall is the card game)
Other shovelware.

PS: TRAnn PS2 and Manhunt were 8 bucks when I was there.
Grimgrimmoire was 10.

Edit: pesky grammar

Jumped to three Blockbusters today.

Blenheim and Broadway: nothing.
Cypress and Broadway: I got the last Manhunt 2: no TRA, KH, or Grim. I think there was Thrillville, GTA, GRAW, Shrek 2, SCIII.
Main and 13th: I was there last night before I found out about this promo: between then and today, someone grabbed the 3 copies of KH and TRA. Luckily they missed Naruto Uzamaki 2 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 (both were stickered $41.99.)

Grabbed two used games and traded them all in for a DS Lite. Cost me $52.02 taxes in. :D

I saw the list of games that dropped: Naruto RoN and R6Vegas are around $30-ish.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Jumped to three Blockbusters today.

Blenheim and Broadway: nothing.
Cypress and Broadway: I got the last Manhunt 2: no TRA, KH, or Grim. I think there was Thrillville, GTA, GRAW, Shrek 2, SCIII.
Main and 13th: I was there last night before I found out about this promo: between then and today, someone grabbed the 3 copies of KH and TRA. Luckily they missed Naruto Uzamaki 2 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 (both were stickered $41.99.)

Grabbed two used games and traded them all in for a DS Lite. Cost me $52.02 taxes in. :D

I saw the list of games that dropped: Naruto RoN and R6Vegas are around $30-ish.[/quote]

How much did you get them for? The Naruto Uzumaki 2 at my BBV is stickered at $29.99 :whistle2:s

*EDIT*: nvm, read your post on RFD. Nice find!

[quote name='poiuiu']I'd like to also note that a LOT of DS games dropped in price:
[/quote]

Front Mission on the DS is also $8.99 there now

I went out last night and found 3 games to trade in for Grand Theft Auto 4. I can't wait to run around "New York" and play tourist. I hope they do the Achievements right.

Also saw Sly Cooper 3 was 4.99
God of War II $32.99

Two BBs on Portage here in Winnipeg didn't have anything under $19.99 for new games... a couple good cheap used games - Killer 7 for $5 and Atelier Iris 3 for $15 - but twas a waste of a time (i would say waste of a bus ticket, but I have a monthly pass ;))

[quote name='Faytz']Which area of bbv did you visit? I'm having trouble figuring out if all bbv sell video games or which ones to visit to maximize the chances of finding a copy...[/quote]

Between a friend and myself we went to about 7 BBV around Mississauga. They have been all cleaned out for any $7.99 game that qualifies for the EB game trade in. It always happens. a lot of RFD WHORDERS in Mississauga area. Esp with Video Games.

I was in the BBV at Coxwell and Queen in Toronto around 8 tonight, and there were two guys who told me they were RFD hoarders there picking up all the copies of Manhunt 2. Unfortunately, the manager there didn't believe that there was a sale on, and refused to sell it to them. I decided not to get anything, but I hung around to see what was going to happen.

Hilariously enough, they told him they bought games at that price at the Avenue Road store, and after he called the manager there to confirm, he spent about twenty minutes chewing the guys out for going from store to store "buying up all the damn games and whatnot". He said he was going to call his district manager tomorrow to check the prices, but until then he would not sell any new games at $7.99. So I wouldn't try buying multiple copies of the same game from that store unless you want to be accused of trying to sell them on eBay for a profit.

I ******* hate the hoarder mentality. I was gonna go get 3 to get myself kart preordered but decided nto to go today. I live in toronto so everything will be gone tomorrow.

[quote name='Lockescythe']Total slops to gamedeals.ca

Thats low.[/quote]

i wonder how much gamedeals is selling these games for?

Thats low.[/quote]

[quote name='gamer602']OMG you're right!

This proves that theyre hoarders and resellers......kinda sad...[/quote]

You guys try running a small business - not to mention a videogame small business. I don't blame the guy for trying to make a buck. They've stated before they gone on trade-in runs all the time, I'm surprised he didn't turn them into PSP/DSLs, he'd probably make even more.

I just got back from my little run (which just so happened to correspond with some other errands I was doing). Was able to trade in:

Manhunt 2 - 8 TiV
Thrillville (greatest hits) - 10 TiV
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 - 13 TiV

for Metal Gear Solid IV (can't friggin wait!)

Thanks for the heads up op.

Also I managed to grab a copy of Front Mission for the DS. I am under the impression that a few members were looking for it (on RFD anyway) and I figured I'd give anyone on CAG first dibs. Edit: It is sold now.

I was able to get from this promotion:
1) 1 Nintendo DS Lite for my gf
2) Mario Kart Preorder
3) Metal Gear Solid 4 Preorder

First, I was only able to get 4 games with 8$+ TIV (Manhunt 2 times, 1 Naruto, 1 Tomb Raider) at 3 different BBV in my area. (I had several that only had 5$ TIV which I kept or traded in anyway)

Today, I went in another area and I was lucky because I went (after 1 week this is on) at a BBV where it seems nobody went for games for a long time and I was able to score 5 different games (and left like 3-4 of them because I did not have a use of them, but it is not in the GVR, Ontario or the West) and 2 other games at another BBV.

The best thing is that I had BBV credit for a long time without any use (because of trade-in of games with high TIV), so I only spent 25$ in cash and the rest was in BBV credit.

I saw the deal on RFD first, but thanks for sharing this.

[quote name='darkandlong']You guys try running a small business - not to mention a videogame small business. I don't blame the guy for trying to make a buck. They've stated before they gone on trade-in runs all the time, I'm surprised he didn't turn them into PSP/DSLs, he'd probably make even more.[/quote]

[quote name='jonkaho']i wonder how much gamedeals is selling these games for?[/quote]

Thats low.[/quote]

Yeah, it should come as no surprise that I frequent the forums not only to offer you guys deals, but to take advantage of them myself, but please let me correct you... I am not a "hoarder". I went to ONE Blockbuster and picked up ONE of each title that I wanted (with the exception of "Drawn To Life" only because it's the best kids DS game ever made and at $8.95 I'd be stupid not to grab more, even then I only got 3 of 4 available). I could have done a run through the lower mainland and traded for DS's & PSP's but then I'd be one of "those guys". It's funny, you guys expect cheap games, but when I work the system to get them I still hear complaining.

Darn. I just went to the three blockbusters in hamilton that have new games and none of them had Front Mission :/

I ended up buying Wario Ware Touched DS, Kirby Canvas Curse and FFXII. I also bought two of those gamer pin things for charity. I got a Rockband one and a Gears of War 2 one.

Sweet, I was unaware the new Blockbusters opened up, they had everything :)
I bought:
Manhunt 2
Kingdom Hearts
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
Naruto Uzamaki Chronicles 2
Grimgrimoire x 2

Those all work for the EB trade-in deal right? If so... GTAIV and MGS4 here I come!

[quote name='danthemightyone']Just for those who made a GTA4 preorder at EB, EBGames are giving out EB-exclusive GTA4 poster. Make sure you get it. It makes this deal even better.

http://www.ebgames.ca/graphics/pdf/gta4_promo_en.pdf

I am also posting this in case I forget! :lol:[/quote]

I hope it's when you pick up the game... cuz I just put down those games for GTAIV today, and I didn't hear anything aboot this. =(

[quote name='ChaosKnight']I hope it's when you pick up the game... cuz I just put down those games for GTAIV today, and I didn't hear anything aboot this. =([/quote]
its in the flyer section of eb's site.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']I hope it's when you pick up the game... cuz I just put down those games for GTAIV today, and I didn't hear anything aboot this. =([/quote]

Taken straight from the ad:
Receive a free GTA IV Poster when you pick up your pre-purchase of Grand Theft Auto IV. Quantities are limited. Promotion may be discontinued at any time. Ask sales associate for complete details.

I took advantage of this deal and found Sly Cooper 3 for 5 dollars and BLACK for 8(rounding up). I then went over to their used game section and noticed they have BLACK priced for 15 bucks there.

[quote name='MatiasB']I took advantage of this deal and found Sly Cooper 3 for 5 dollars and BLACK for 8(rounding up). I then went over to their used game section and noticed they have BLACK priced for 15 bucks there.[/quote]

I tried looking for a PS2 copy for myself of Tomb Raider: Anniversary for the $7.99 price. Unfortunately I couldn't find one. However, I noticed at the last minute that in the used game bind that it had a used copy of TR:A for $19.99.

Decided not to get it at that price. Good job on finding games that you liked for a cheap price.

I know that future shop will price match, so today I found a copy of Grim Grimoire for $59.99. Is there any way I can get proof so they'll price match for the Blockbuster price?

EDIT: Also if anyone can still find a Blockbuster copy of Grim Grimoire I'll gladly paypal them the money plus shipping for it.

Surprised that none of the 7.99 games at BBV have dropped in value @ EB games so if you manage to find some, they should still work

[quote name='vibinvo']Between a friend and myself we went to about 7 BBV around Mississauga. They have been all cleaned out for any $7.99 game that qualifies for the EB game trade in. It always happens. a lot of RFD WHORDERS in Mississauga area. Esp with Video Games.[/quote]

You must not look very well because I hit 5 BBV's last weekend and this weekend and found plenty of copies of KH2 (Black label BTW), KH1, Front Mission DS, Naruto DS, Final Fantasy XII (Black label), Tomb Raider Anniversary, Tony Hawk, Harry Potter collections and so many more. Where the heck did you guys look, the PPV video section? :lol:

I found my best find today, a sealed copy of Zelda Twilight Princess for 9.99. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back