[Canada] Blockbuster Summer Sale June 28 - July ??

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Lots of new games (older ones) on sale for $4.99 to $19.99, plus some used games ones at 50% off. Also lots of DVD/BR sales.

Highlights

Used PS3 Batman: Arkham Asylum $34.99 - 50%
Used 360 Batman: Arkham Asylum $39.99 - 50%
Used 360/PS3 Need for Speed Shift $34.99 - 50%
Used 360/PS3 Saw 34.99 - 50%
Used 360/PS3 Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.99 - 50%

All 4.99 games are 50% off = $2.49! Mostly junk, and selection varies a lot between stores so don't get your hopes up but I've seen the following:

360 GH: Aerosmith
360 Splinter Cell Double Agent
360 Dark Sector
360 Narnia
360 Alone in the Dark
360 Incredible Hulk
360 Supreme Commander 1
Wii Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Wii Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
PS3 Devil May Cry 4

Also many unadvertised new games that have dropped in price, it's worth taking a look.

Full flyer:

http://www.blockbuster.ca/BLOCKBUSTER_Flyer_Summer.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']The sale on 4.99$ games officially ends this Sunday - source, the manager (update the thread title?)

Picked up Incredible Hulk for PS3 :)[/QUOTE]
Apparently not, since I came home with a pile for 20 bucks before tax (from three different stores in Oshawa). From the top of my head, all 360:
Viking Warlord
Conan
Too Human
Lost Odyssey (again)
Viva Pinata: Troubled Paradise (they're cg pinatas, what more do you need?!)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (disc only :( )
Infinite Undiscovery

And a random disc from a Ranma 1/2 dvd set cause the 90s rock.

Best. haul. evar.

A new sale begins, I guess!

I talked to someone who worked at BBV yesterday and sure enough, she provided two emails with lists of games that are now 50% off. One list came into effect a few days ago and the other started today.

Photo64.jpg

Photo65.jpg

Obviously by their condition, this promotion is in effect for used games.

Batman's reduction rang up after the total (it was on the list that came into effect a few days ago), but Uncharted 2 was a little fussy (it was on the other list). Had to explain to the guy behind the counter about the email I saw. He was good about it though, as he read the email and gave me the discount.

Sorry, but I can't remember other games on the lists. I know there was a lot of sports titles on Uncharted's list, along with Beautiful Katamari, but can't remember anything from Batman's list other than Red Faction.

Hey, so is there any way that you could share the list of 50% off games from your blockbuster friend's email? It would be great to see that! Here is my haul from this sweet summer sale, all were $2.50 and from various Vancouver locations:

Wii

Mario Strikers Charged (no case or manual but it works and its fun)
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (no manual)
Okami (no manual)

Watchmen: The end is nigh parts 1 and 2
Grand Theft Auto IV (no manual, scratched but works woo hoo)
Iron Man
Ninja Blade

Wow nothing left out at the blockbusters now, heard they have re-stocked some locations. Traded Mario and Sonic at Olympic games right away to Eb for $18 so that was pretty great!!!! Got a PSN card...

I just got back from BBV and unfortunately wasn't able to get Uncharted 2 for 50% off. I showed them your receipt and everything. They showed me the only recent "email" and it wasn't an email really, it just showed their sales for the week and Uncharted 2 wasn't on it. If you are able to get a copy of that email that would be awesome since I'd love to pick up Uncharted 2 again for my collection (I traded it in while the TiV was still high).

Here is the email she showed me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from BBV and unfortunately wasn't able to get Uncharted 2 for 50% off. I showed them your receipt and everything. They showed me the only recent "email" and it wasn't an email really, it just showed their sales for the week and Uncharted 2 wasn't on it. If you are able to get a copy of that email that would be awesome since I'd love to pick up Uncharted 2 again for my collection (I traded it in while the TiV was still high).

Here is the email she showed me.

Yeah, no go on the Uncharted 2 deal. Batman for 1/2 off the used price was there though. Perhaps the deal drops next week.

Picked up Rachet and Clank: Tools of Destruction for $4.99, looks like the 1/2 off $4.99 is still on as it came to $2.50

I got over the past few days

Zack & Wiki
Lost Planet Colonies Ed.
TR: Anniversary
Condemned 2
Boom Blox

I found IU, but it was missing the second disk. I went back to the BBV I got it from and they didn't have it, so I just got Boom Blox instead.

[quote name='rmatheso']Yeah, no go on the Uncharted 2 deal. Batman for 1/2 off the used price was there though. Perhaps the deal drops next week.[/QUOTE]
The email I saw explicitly said the deal started on the 3rd. The sale was not automatic though and if the employees at your store haven't been checking their email, they wouldn't know about it. I had to actually bring it up to the clerk to receive it.

And the email I saw wasn't from a "friend", just a random employee. I wish I could post it here, but it's not like I grabbed a copy from them.

I actually did not. :(

I tried to pick it up actually, because Blockbuster has that annoying thing where the first digit is super faded on their price tags, so I thought it was $4.99. Nope. $54.99 I believe it was.

^ I hate when they do that! I saw SC: Conviction with that faded sticker and I had a minor cardiac arrest till I realized wht I was looking at.

Might be better idea to try to get Uncharted here than at TSCC right now. I always feel awkward telling employees about their policies though.

Here is a list of some additional 50% off titles (obtained from a BBV CSR, I'm not posting the sheet since I don't want to get anyone in trouble). The promo is on used copies of the games. The promo works the same way as the $4.99 50% off one in that they need to total up the order for the discount to be applied. So don't be surprised if it initially rings up as full price.

I typed exactly how it was on the list so that's why a few of them say English after them and they put it down as NHL 2010 when the real name is NHL 10. I'm assuming this runs for the entire month of August but there is no mention of the end date on the sheet so don't quote me on that.

I also have only personally verified Uncharted 2 is 50% off, but based on the fact it's an email from their internal head office I'm pretty sure it should be accurate. If people want to respond with prices as we find them out that would be great.

PS3

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Damnation
Katamari Forever
NCAA Football 2010 English
NHL 2010
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - $14.99
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition

Wii

Dead Space Extraction
Speed Zone
The Price is Right 2010 Edition
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Xbox 360

Forza Motorsport 3 English - $24.99
Forza Motorsport 3 English Lim Ed
Forza Motorsport 3 French
NCAA Football 2010 English
NHL 2010
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition

Yes, finally found Uncharted 2 used for $14.99..... Many of them were not labeled properly though. Man, I probably bought over 20 games during this sale... just sickening. ;)

Latest haul:

PS3:
Uncharted 2 - $14.99
Rachet & Clank - Tools of Destruction - $2.50 (This game rocks)

Wii:
Chocobo's Dungeon - $2.50
Death Jr. - $2.50
Soul Calibur Legends - $2.50

360:
Wolverine - $14.99
Warhammer Battlemarch - $2.50
C & C - Kane's Wrath - $2.50
Phantasy Star Universe - $2.50
Sylpheed - $2.50

Xbox:
WWE Raw 2 - .50
Samurai Showdown 5 - .50

No more game buying for me.

Nice haul. I've got quite a few games from these promos as well. Time to start catching up on my backlog as well.

Most locations don't have them labeled as 50% off yet for some reason. Maybe they do their promo material over the weekend, who knows!

$35 for Batman on PS3 isn't a bad price. Hopefully the sale will last until the end of August. Thanks OP.

[quote name='rmatheso']
Latest haul:

PS3:
Uncharted 2 - $14.99
Rachet & Clank - Tools of Destruction - $2.50 (This game rocks)
[/QUOTE]

The one discount title I have been trying to find ... to no avail. :bomb:

[quote name='Apollo Creed']The one discount title I have been trying to find ... to no avail. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
I was looking for it for awhile as well. Was finally able to pick it up a few days ago. :)

The top $2.50 PS3 games I've picked up for my collection so far would be:

Uncharted
MGS 4
R&C Tools Of Destruction
Orange Box

I'm sure there are a couple more but I'm not at home and that's just off the top of my head.

Went to 2 of my local Blockbusters in Ontario and sadly there was nothing noteworthy at either.

One was closing down so it had nothing and the other had literally no games at 4.99$ and only had Ninja Blade, Brutal Legend & Dark Void for 9.99$ I asked the clerk if the 50% applied for those games, but sadly they did not so i didn't buy anything :(

Gonna check more locations next week!

i bought Dark void , Brutal Legend for 9,99$ for the Ps3 . Also Bought Samba De Amigo for the Wii for 2,50$

these are the games I found for 2.50$, no trophies but at that price what the hell!

Dirt
Condemned 2
Mercenaries 2
Dragonball z burst limit
Nba 07
NHL2k7
GH aerosmith
GH world tour
stranglehold.

[quote name='InfernoChaos']Went to 2 of my local Blockbusters in Ontario and sadly there was nothing noteworthy at either.

One was closing down so it had nothing and the other had literally no games at 4.99$ and only had Ninja Blade, Brutal Legend & Dark Void for 9.99$ I asked the clerk if the 50% applied for those games, but sadly they did not so i didn't buy anything :(

Gonna check more locations next week![/QUOTE]Ninja Blade was probably stickered wrong. Many, many people have got that game for $4.99. Unless the price went up, which is doubtful (although Project Sylpheed went from $0.99 to $4.99 recently), it was likely just not stickered correctly.

[quote name='dtp11']Ninja Blade was probably stickered wrong. Many, many people have got that game for $4.99. Unless the price went up, which is doubtful (although Project Sylpheed went from $0.99 to $4.99 recently), it was likely just not stickered correctly.[/QUOTE]

No, he just saw NEW copies of them. Which is why the 50% off didn't apply! $9.99 is the correct price for these, although they are all $2.50 USED.

[quote name='InfernoChaos']Went to 2 of my local Blockbusters in Ontario and sadly there was nothing noteworthy at either.

Gonna check more locations next week![/QUOTE]

[quote name='matsam']No, he just saw NEW copies of them. Which is why the 50% off didn't apply! $9.99 is the correct price for these, although they are all $2.50 USED.[/QUOTE]Ninja Blade is $9.99 new, yes - didn't think he was talking about new, since I recall BL and DV still being $9.99 used? :whistle2:k

[quote name='dtp11']Ninja Blade is $9.99 new, yes - didn't think he was talking about new, since I recall BL and DV still being $9.99 used? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you might be right, Brutal Legend and Dark Void might not be $4.99 ($2.50) used, but Ninja Blade definitely is. Do you know how much those two are selling for, new? They're probably 10 bucks new as well, this is BBV, after all! :lol: Seriously though, a LOT of games are mislabeled at BBV, you really have to know what the game's prices are before you go there!

I can confirm that Katamary Forever used is 50% off as well as X-Men Origins Wolverine.

My haul was:

PS3:
Katamary Forever - 17.50 (4 more copies at the 23rd ave and 17ish st location)
X-Men Origins Wolverine - 14.99
Devil May Cry 4 - 2.50
Stranglehold - 2.50
Singstar Vol 2 + Mics - 9.99
GH Aerosmith + Guitar - 30
Socom + Headset (just wanted the headset, since they go for $50 new :D) - 29.99

PS2:
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - 0.50
Ape Escape 3 - 0.50

Wii:
TMNT Smash Up - 2.50

I'm officially confused, I've been to numerous BBVs while the sale was on, and did not get the 50% at all... I looked at grabbing Katamari and Uncharted 2 and both times was told that there was no discount on those titles...

The rest had literally no $2.50/$4.99 titles, unless they were old sports games or other crap.

bread's done
Back