[Canada] Boxing Day (EB/GS, WM, Zellers, Source, TRU, RCSS, RP, FS, BB, HMV, etc.)

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Gamedeals.ca
20% off everything (in-store and online)

SiG (in-store)
DSi $100
PSP Go $150
360 Wireless Adapter $40

Factory Direct
2 refurbished 360 controllers $40

HMV

Dec. 26 only: CoD MW2 $29.99 (PS3/360)
Dec. 26-27 only:
Dragon Age, Brutal Legend, NFS Shift, NHL 10 $39.99 each (PS3/360)
Fable II, Halo 3, Gears 2 $19.99 each
360 Elites $249.99 (excluding CoD bundle)
All PSP 2000/3000 bundles $149.99 each

http://www.hmv.ca/images/HMV/Flyers/HMV-NatlFlyer-12-24-09.pdf

Blockbuster

XBOX Live Messenger Kit $69.99
360 Wireless controller $44.99
360 Elite Holiday bundle $269.99
Live 12-month $49.99
360 Wireless Adapter $69.99
360 Vision Camera $39.99

Wii Remote $39.99
Wii Motion+ $19.99
PS3 BR Remote $19.99
PS3 USB 2.0 & Cables $44.99

Rogers Plus
$14.99 used games:
Section 8
Bionic Commando
Raven Squad
RB Metal Track Pack
Singstar Queen
Ghostbusters
Riddick

$29.99 used games:
Red Faction Guerilla
Tekken 6
Forza 3
RE5
Wolfenstien
Beatles RB
Fifa 10

Halo 3 ODST + Gears 2 used $40
AC2 + CoD MW2 used $60

75% off all used PS2 games
50% off all used Wii games
50% off all used PSP games

$19.99 new games:
Halo Wars
Gears 2
Halo 3
Fable 2

$39.99 new games:
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Sports Resort
Uncharted 2
Shaun White Road Trip
Tekken 6

$49.99 new games:
Borderlands
Batman AA
AC2
NHL 10

Dualshock3 + GH game bundle $49.99
50% off ALS Game Traveller bag and Wii Speak

Blu-Rays: Buy 2 used, get 1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ragnar14']No. They work on anything, I've used like 6 coupons and have only bought 1 first party game. I specifically recall buying Rygar from EB when it dropped to $10, my clerk knew exactly what the coupon was without even looking at it. She was more curious about what cereal I ate than concerned with giving me a $5 Wii game[/QUOTE]
Sounds like someone goofed there (to your benefit). Nice nonetheless.

[quote name='poiuiu']Sounds like someone goofed there (to your benefit). Nice nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone goofed. I've also used them on games that weren't first part. Nowhere on the coupons does it state that as a requirement.

[quote name='TripleQ']More Zellers:
$69.99 Wii Fit Plus Board + Game
[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's quite a deal for those that haven't got it already.

[quote name='Eoyote']I don't think anyone goofed. I've also used them on games that weren't first part. Nowhere on the coupons does it state that as a requirement.[/QUOTE]

it says "Nintendo Product"...I think its a pretty safe assumption that meant a product actually made by Nintendo...not Nintendo's intent to subsidize the purchase of other's products.

But I used one at FS for a wii game and they took it. they didn't know what to do with it so just adjusted the price down by $5 by hitting the price match button.

Eb wouldn't let me use one on Mario Bros because it was trade 2 + $20...despite them having a promo having no bearing on the manufacturer coupon. Of course this is at a store that doesn't know their own promos even when they've had a sign up for a month

[quote name='zoro69']it says "Nintendo Product"...I think its a pretty safe assumption that meant a product actually made by Nintendo...not Nintendo's intent to subsidize the purchase of other's products.

But I used one at FS for a wii game and they took it. they didn't know what to do with it so just adjusted the price down by $5 by hitting the price match button.

Eb wouldn't let me use one on Mario Bros because it was trade 2 + $20...despite them having a promo having no bearing on the manufacturer coupon. Of course this is at a store that doesn't know their own promos even when they've had a sign up for a month[/QUOTE]

He's right it's only for Nintendo games. It says that on there. The CSR you got was just a moron employee who couldn't be bothered to read the emails sent daily.

[quote name='zoro69']it says "Nintendo Product"...I think its a pretty safe assumption that meant a product actually made by Nintendo...not Nintendo's intent to subsidize the purchase of other's products.

Eb wouldn't let me use one on Mario Bros because it was trade 2 + $20...despite them having a promo having no bearing on the manufacturer coupon. Of course this is at a store that doesn't know their own promos even when they've had a sign up for a month[/QUOTE]

Nintendo makes money off of any game third party or otherwise sold on their systems so they aren't subsidizing anything. Because the coupon doesn't specify, the term "Nintendo Product" is pretty ambiguous, so you can't really argue either way.

[quote name='Eoyote']Nintendo makes money off of any game third party or otherwise sold on their systems so they aren't subsidizing anything. Because the coupon doesn't specify, the term "Nintendo Product" is pretty ambiguous, so you can't really argue either way.[/QUOTE]

No I can, because anyone who worked/is working for EB can confirm this is only for Nintendo first-party products because there was a memo stating that the $$$ off was only for first party games because Nintendo would only reimburse them if it was so (sending reprints with the coupon etc etc was mandatory or else again, no money back to the company).

Nintendo's not doing any favours for other publishers, they want their own game sales numbers to go up (who doesn't?).

I'm not saying what you did was bad (hey I'd take advantage of that cashier as much as I could) don't get me wrong, I'm just stating the official policy before lurkers or RFDers go to an EB and demand they get X off because the internet said so (I always hated those customers).

Ah, so EB's head office has actually laid down a rule on it. That makes sense, it's perfectly fair how a company chooses to interpret the terms. That policy doesn't necessarily apply elsewhere though.

[quote name='zoro69']But I used one at FS for a wii game and they took it. they didn't know what to do with it so just adjusted the price down by $5 by hitting the price match button. [/QUOTE]

I've used like 2-3 at FS. They're supposed to scan the coupon and the system takes care of it. So they obviously accept them on anything ;) So grab an EB flyer and go price match Mad World there :)

[quote name='ragnar14']
I've used like 2-3 at FS. They're supposed to scan the coupon and the system takes care of it. So they obviously accept them on anything ;) So grab an EB flyer and go price match Mad World there :)[/QUOTE]

Is FS's policy no pricematching on boxing day? or boxing "week" flyers?

[quote name='thelaughingman']Is FS's policy no pricematching on boxing day? or boxing "week" flyers?[/QUOTE]

Just Boxing Day. Although, if a Boxing Week flyer states "limited quantities" or something as such, you won't be able to price match.

Since price matching was mentioned, what about price protection? My brother needs another DSL and the Walmart sale would be perfect. I'm working that day, so I would rather just buy it from WM now and get it adjusted from WM on boxing day when I finish....or do they not do that kind of thing for boxing day sales?

Superstore will be having what they call "value games" for $10 each. The advertisement I saw showed Lego Batman on Wii, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for PC, and some random Xbox 360 game that I can't remember. It will surely include other titles as well. They will also be having $5 Blu-ray movies but there was no list or photos provided, the advertisement only said that selection would vary by store.

[quote name='TronB']Since price matching was mentioned, what about price protection? My brother needs another DSL and the Walmart sale would be perfect. I'm working that day, so I would rather just buy it from WM now and get it adjusted from WM on boxing day when I finish....or do they not do that kind of thing for boxing day sales?[/QUOTE]

You'll be out of luck on that front as well. Most stores disable returns/price protections at the customer service desk since all terminals are reserved for sales only. This was the standard operating procedure when I worked at FS, anyways.

edit: According to RFD, WM will price match any Boxing Day flyer, so perhaps they will not be opposed to price protecting? Doesn't hurt to ask!

anyone knows if there's the ps3 infamous+Batman AA bundle on the vancouver walmarts already? I think it's finaly time for me to get a PSTriple, but i might just go there and buy it this week cause i hate the boxing day craziness.

I got an email saying the Future Shop Boxing Day sale starts Dec. 24 at 8pm. No details, other than advising to make sure your info is updated.

Futureshop scans for boxing day are up on the site with the red flag I think the ps3 bundle of infamous, assassins creed and killzone 2 looks pretty sweet

Best Buy appears to have jack sh!t this year. I can't get all of the flyer to load from RFD but all I've found so far is a 360 Elite 120 gig with Lego Batman and Pure for I believe $239.99

Not particularly interested in that.

Bestbuy/FS # $39.99 Video Games (inc. Left 4 Dead 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Brutal Legend) # $29.99 Video Games (inc. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare GOTY Edition, Tekken 6) # $19.99 Video Games (inc. Gears of War 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, Spore) # $14.99 Video Games (inc. Afro Samurai, Madworld)

360 Elites @ $240 look pretty good, combine it with www.thecheapshot.ca for $20 worth of MS points and it's almost down to the regular price of an arcade!

Game deals seem just OK compared to all the pre-Christmas sales.. if we didn't have those then they'd seem pretty good!

Was hoping for a 360 Arcade deal...looks like I'll be hopping on the 360 Elite deal at Zellers. Played Halo 3 with my brother yesterday, forgot how fun playing online was!

I was just checking RFD's main page and apparently
Futureshop:
Playstation 3 160GB with Uncharted, Killzone, and inFamous - $299.99
Nintendo DSi - $149.99
Dragon Age Origins (Xbox 360) - $39.99
Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360 or PS3) - $14.99
Street Fighter IV (PS3) - $19.99
Prince of Persia (PS3) - $14.99
Xbox 360 20GB Pro Console - $179.99
Onlines Only:
Pre-Order Select Games and Save $10 (Army of Two, Mass Effect 2, Dante's Inferno, Bioshock 2)

Bestbuy:
Sony 160GB Playstation 3 with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, & LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition - $299.99
Nintendo Wii Console - $179.99
Wii Sports Resort - $39.99
$39.99 Video Games (inc. Left 4 Dead 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Brutal Legend)
$29.99 Video Games (inc. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare GOTY Edition, Tekken 6)
$19.99 Video Games (inc. Gears of War 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, Spore)
$14.99 Video Games (inc. Afro Samurai, Madworld)

EBGAMES:
Dragon Age: Origins (Xbox 360) - $44.99
Brutal Legend (PS3) - $44.99
Dead Space Extraction (Wii) - $34.99
Afro Samurai (xbox 360) - $9.99
Sing It High School Musical 3 (Wii) - $14.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash-Up (wii) - $9.99
Madworld (Wii) - $19.99
Gears of War 2 (xbox 360) - $19.99
World of Warcraft Battle Chest - $29.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) - $29.99
Guitar Hero 5 (Xbox 360) - $54.99
Tekken 6 (PS3) - $39.99
Wii Play with Wii Remote (Wii) - $49.99
Save 50% on the price of a used Wii Console with the purchase of 2 used Wii Games of $19.99 or more ($89.99 after savings)
Save 50% on the price of a used Nintendo DS with the purchase of 2 used DS Games of $19.99 or more ($54.99 after savings)
Save 50% on the price of a used Nintendo DS with the purchase of 2 used DS Games of $19.99 or more ($54.99 after savings)
Save 50% on the price of a used PSP 1000 with the purchase of 2 used PSP Games of $19.99 or more ($54.99 after savings)
$2 for $20 on all used games $14.99 or under
2 for $5 on all used games $4.99 and under
December 26 Only
Wii Music - $29.99
Terminator Salvation (Xbox 360) - $9.99
Castlevania Judgment (Wii) - $9.99
Haze (PS3) - $9.99

Walmart:
Playstation 3 120GB Bundle with Infamous & Batman: Arkham Asylum - $299.00
Nintendo DS Lite - $109
Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle (inc. Lego Batman & Pure) - $249
Assassin's Creed 2 for Xbox 360 or PS3 - $37.98
Wii Fit Plus (Software) - $14.83
25% off All Video Games under $20

Rogers Plus is the ultimate victor. I'll be there when it opens. Not that I need anything urgent, but I'm hoping to have around $100 in trade credit when I get there.

Lol @ ebgames. Their sale sucks balls compared to the others and that is saying much since all the other deals are kind of weak too

The only thing worth braving the storm for IMO is Halo 3/Halo Wars/Gears/Fable @ $20 and maybe Curious Case of Benjamin Button BR @ 2/25. Chances are I'll be staying away from the stores on the 26th then. But thanks for the info.

Hey guys you forgot the deals for the Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle at BB!!! $239!!!

This is where I am going to get mine on boxing day ;-).

[quote name='intruder_xo']Hey guys you forgot the deals for the Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle at BB!!! $239!!!

This is where I am going to get mine on boxing day ;-).[/QUOTE]

Anyone know when the free Fable 2 with 360 purchase ends at FS and BB?

does rogers really win :p i never seen any games at that place :( used at least maybe too many ppl clean stock too fast whenever theres report of deals at rogers the games are never to be found >_<
dang they are pushing out 160gb ps3? :/ i thought they dont even have those anymore whats up with that so weird they wont bundle with the slims... its just going to sit there without any games bundled with it... or another price drop ... to get it moving faster

|
V yes :) just good management if they were moving fats during the year with a similar bundle at 349... but i guess thats the spirit of boxing day... sale on the old stuff but fine you have do a point there :p

Last edited by a moderator:
you want the slims to move faster instead of getting rid of the fats that havent been made since june?

the other stores are bundling slims

Do any of them have deals on the 360 arcade unit...I'd definitely be down for one of those if they go on sale as my refurb unit sounds about ready to blow at any minute

Anyone know of somewhere to get a good deal on Empire:Total War. (And NOT Steam I can't afford a 11GB DL, my monthly cap is only 60)

[quote name='kyle071785']Do any of them have deals on the 360 arcade unit...I'd definitely be down for one of those if they go on sale as my refurb unit sounds about ready to blow at any minute[/QUOTE]

Future Shop has the 20GB Pro's on sale for $180, if you already have a hard drive you could just sell it. You'd get $35 no problem I bet, making the unit itself essentially $150.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Future Shop has the 20GB Pro's on sale for $180, if you already have a hard drive you could just sell it. You'd get $35 no problem I bet, making the unit itself essentially $150.[/QUOTE]

Remember it's refurbished for those who don't like that sort of thing

[quote name='heimdal']$29.99 for COD:MW2 at HMV. Pretty good.[/QUOTE]

they had the same thing for little big planet (and a few others) last year. i'm sure it's ymmv, but as a heads up, my store only had 2 copies of the 29.99 games...neither on display, they were both underneath the display cases in the drawers. like i said, ymmv, but i'd assume stock is super low.

edit: just saw the pdf flyer and it does say 5 per location per system. at least they're giving people the heads up...but i wouldn't be shocked if a bunch of stores had less.

bread's done
Back