Canada: COD4 Watch!

centracore

CAGiversary!
Game is supposed to be out today but it's anyones guess as to when most Canadian retailers will have it. If anyone sees it today please post where and what retailer!

Thought it was tomorrow? Eitherway I'm going to do the Trade 3 at EB today for it, but I doubt they will give me a copy right then.

It's coming out today - it just depends on whether or not retailers will have them today or tomorrow.

I'm gonna do my phoning around on my lunch break and post my results.

Best Buy = tomorrow
Blockbuster Video = tomorrow
EB Games = tomorrow
Future Shop = possibly this afternoon
HMV = possibly this afternoon
Rogers Video = tomorrow
Toys R Us = tomorrow
Wal-Mart = tomorrow
Zellers = tomorrow (maybe today though, the person I had on the phone IN ELECTRONICS didn't know what a PS3 was)

I'm going to check out Superstore (Loblaws) on the way home from work as they don't have a phone number to call but they are usually very good with release dates.

thanks for the update, thank god i didn't walk all the way uptown to get my heart broken, i'm a lazy man and can't handle all that walking.

[quote name='chrisryans']thanks for the update, thank god i didn't walk all the way uptown to get my heart broken, i'm a lazy man and can't handle all that walking.[/quote]

LMAO I am lazy too but I dont mind getting out but I hate the fact that when you go to thse store they dont got what you want so I ALWAYS check by calling before.

[quote name='bountyhunter']No one has it in GTA area, try to call microplay in square one, they might have it.[/quote]

LOL you guys still have Microplay they closed out here in London a long time ago, it got taken over by EB games I believe?

London Area Status:

Futureshop:Tomorow
Zellers:Tomorrow
HMV:Tomorrow
BlockBastards:Tomorrow
EB Games:Tomorrow
Rogers Video:Tomorrow

Even tho it clearly says Nov 5th those assholes keep it a day later so they can get more people all hyped up....

Future Shop and HMV = tomorrow now too.

Still gonna try Superstore (Loblaws) on my way home since they don't have a phone number.

I only preordered it from BBV last week so I'm not sure if they'll have enough copies on the first day.

The last two games I've bought on (or close to) release (Orange Box and GHIII) were a pain in the ass to find.. and since I didn't pre-order yet, nor buy my games to trade-in, I may as well wait until the end of the week to go looking for it. I have Friday off, so maybe Thursday night. :)

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Are all versions coming out at the same time? Thinking about getting the PC version. I don't think CoD3 was ever released for the PC.[/quote]
No it was not for a specific reason, so it can only be played on the consoles I think it was a limited thinkg bs....also possibly people getting the game for free on the internet and playing it for free online...but it's not like we cant do that on our console's.

Stupid blockbuster only got their rental copies in, they said tommorow for the ones to purchase. I wanted to play this game today ;(

Called the BBVs around here, none got their shipment in either, a couple said this afternoon they should get them.

GO TO FUTURESHOP NOW! they just got stock and I reserved mine and I picked it up and I am playing it NOW!!!!!

My EB said it came in. That is in Bridgewater, NS. If they have, it is probably safe to say that all EBs (except maybe territories and NFLD) have it in.
~S

[quote name='chrisryans']So my blockbuster didn't get it in, just gave up and rented it. They better not take this long on my Mario Galaxy preorder ;([/quote]

bbv will probably only get it on the weekend

Called BBV and they said they only received their rental copies and have no idea when the rest will arrive.

Isn't the whole idea of pre-ordering a game so you can be the first to have it :bs:

[quote name='Nesmaster']BBV didn't have it today. Oh well, no rush. I likely won't start it until my weekend (which starts thursday night:bouncy:).[/quote]

Same story here, bro. :D

Had my Pre-Order at BBV. Didn't have it yesterday at launch.
Just called them and they got it in today around 2:00 pm. I got mine already and Im in Western GTA. My friend also got his at BBV today at the same time and he lives in the Niagara Region.

So it should be in BBV tonite. Good luck.

Had to go out so I decided to stop at BBV. The UPS driver was pulling up just as I was about to leave. The clerk opened the boxes and COD4 was there :applause:

K so, thoroughly dissapointed in the fact that another local player cannot join online. Why in hell would they take this out. First Halo 3 does that horrible screen reduction with it, now CoD4 takes it out completely. Not a happy camper. This was one of the key reasons I wanted to buy it, there's no reason for it not to be there.

[quote name='chrisryans']K so, thoroughly dissapointed in the fact that another local player cannot join online. Why in hell would they take this out. First Halo 3 does that horrible screen reduction with it, now CoD4 takes it out completely. Not a happy camper. This was one of the key reasons I wanted to buy it, there's no reason for it not to be there.[/quote]

What? That blows! I was looking forward to playing it with friends online :cry:

Yeah like people on the same console as you. Half the fun of Halo is having you and a friend on the same console teaming up and facing everyone online. With COD4 you're forced to play it by yourself.

[quote name='Gamepro']Yeah like people on the same console as you. Half the fun of Halo is having you and a friend on the same console teaming up and facing everyone online. With COD4 you're forced to play it by yourself.[/quote]

Halo pissed me off with it because of the cropped screen on an HDTV, pretty much every other online FPS had split screen online with full screen capabilities (including CoD3). gg Infinity Ward, you made a much better game but missed out on a crucial component.

[quote name='chrisryans']Halo pissed me off with it because of the cropped screen on an HDTV, pretty much every other online FPS had split screen online with full screen capabilities (including CoD3). gg Infinity Ward, you made a much better game but missed out on a crucial component.[/quote]

but crucial to how many people? I don't care, I enjoy playing against other people without having split screen

I still want to know why the collector's edition is bad... I haven't opened it yet and I've been thinking of returning it and getting the regular.

[quote name='Caro']but crucial to how many people? I don't care, I enjoy playing against other people without having split screen[/quote]

Crucial to a lot of people, most of my friends enjoy having people over and playing together on XBL. It's pretty ridiculous not to have it.

bread's done
Back