[Canada] CP raised Light Packet rate those bastards

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
As if shipping stuff with Canada Post wasn't bad enough they've jacked prices on Light Packet which is as far as I know the cheapeast way to send a game to the states. It now costs $4.88 to send a game in a bubble mailer to the USA. Just giving people the heads up/ranting.

i just sent 2 games to the states ant they were 6.20 each with light packet.......

but they were small packet airmail, alot faster in my experience

I think this happened in January. The biggest hit, is not the small rate hike (about $0.15), but the fact that they no longer allow you to send anything other than paper via letter mail. I used to be you could send a game via letter mail (cheap) if it fit through that slot. Now it has to go Light Packet instead of Letter Packet.

It used to be cheaper to send to USA than domestically, but this is no longer the case, as domestically is about $2 still.

This has all been discussed in January here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125081&highlight=mail

~S

Maybe I'll try letter mail. Not sure if I can do that through paypal though.
@Snowsquirrel.... this is new, check CP's website, these new changes were made April.16 2007.

It used to cost me $3.17 to send a game to the states now it cost me like $4.11

Those are the small business rates though. Normally it's $4.88 now + tax.

S-Wind is totally right. I live in a border town and I've started driving to the states just to mail packages. Even with the bridge toll it works out cheaper and seems to get there quicker. Pretty sad when you think of it.

It is EXTREMELY sad. Canada Post needs to stop gouging and stop taking forever to get to shit to where it's supposed to go. The prices keep going up and the quality of service isnt going up with it. I wish going across the border to mail stuff was an option. Unfortunately I live on Vancouver Island so that really isnt an option.

bread's done
Back