(Canada) EB Flyer March 12-21

SickBoy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just reposting what I had the patience to type in over at NeoGAF. Sorry about formatting and such.

Just got a flyer in my paper today for EB, 360 Arcade is on for $129.99 March 13-19.

Also:

COD4 and COD5 (World at War): $45 each (15 off)
Modern Warfare 2: $55 (10 off)
Dante's Inferno: $50 (20 off)
Mass Effect 2: $60 (10 off)
Army of Two 2: $50 (20 off)
Left 4 Dead 2: $50 (20 off, really?)

Animal Crossing w/Wii Speak $60 (10 off)

Star Craft Battle Chest $10 (10 off)
WOW Battle Chest $35 (10 off)
Wrath of the Lich King $40 (10 off)

Prototype $25 (25 off)
COD: World at War Collectors -- note, this is the 360 version: $30 (30 off)
Mercenaries 2: $5 (10 off)
Haze: $10 (15 off)
SOCOM: $5 (20 off)

EDIT: There are also a bunch of console trade in deals (get $150 for your Xbox plus 2 games if you put it towards a new system, for example) including an odd one: "Extra $75 Trade In Credit when you trade in a select old console towards a new console.". Not really sure about how those work, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PapaLau']Is it confirmed that the games must be 8$ values for the $150 deal? Thats not so hot (only $12.50 per), might as well hold on to those for a T2 or T3.[/QUOTE]

You get $125 for just an Arcade unit?

[quote name='game_fanatic']You get $125 for just an Arcade unit?[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding things here... (which is possible, actually it happens quite frequently)

$50 TIV for 360
+ $75 Console Upgrade

Everybody seems to be clamoring thinking that's how the deal will work when it goes live, but a couple of days ago Ranzo said:
[quote name='Ranzo']Trade 4 is over. The new flyer with the 129.99$ price will come out on the 12th.
$50 trade on a 360 plus the $75 = $125 But I do not think the POS will allow same system trade for the deal.[/QUOTE]

I hope for you people that it will work to trade an Xbox for a new Xbox Arcade, the deal is burning hot.

Since I plan to trade a DS Lite for this deal ($40 TIV +$75 bonus + $15 EB credit = one Xbox 360) to get a new X360.

BB has a 60GB Starter Kit for $79.99 new, seems a good deal, I could sell the headset and the 3 month Live.

60GB Starter Kit:

• 60GB Hardrive
  • Ethernet cable
  • 3 Month subscription to Xbox LIVE
  • Wired headset
  • Upgrade your Xbox Arcade

[quote name='cashinstinct']I hope for you people that it will work to trade an Xbox for a new Xbox Arcade, the deal is burning hot.

Since I plan to trade a DS Lite for this deal ($40 TIV +$75 bonus + $15 EB credit = one Xbox 360) to get a new X360.

BB has a 60GB Starter Kit for $79.99 new, seems a good deal, I could sell the headset and the 3 month Live.

60GB Starter Kit:

• 60GB Hardrive
  • Ethernet cable
  • 3 Month subscription to Xbox LIVE
  • Wired headset
  • Upgrade your Xbox Arcade
[/QUOTE]

Website says $109.99?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Website says $109.99?[/QUOTE]
According to RFD, it is on flyer starting March 12 at $79.99, I did not see it myself though.

I have the English GameStop flyer and it confirms the bonus $75 credit if you trade in a console towards console.

I.e. XBOX 360 = $50 + $75 credit = $125. New arcade is $129 (March 13-19 ONLY) so $5 to upgrade if you have a non-HDMI and/or out of warranty console. Awesome deal.

Other trade in deals are

$350 for 250GB PS3 + 2 PS3 games
$175 for Wii + 2 Wii games
$150 for 360 + 2 360 games (cold)
$125 for DSL + 2 DS game

Other stuff:
DJ Hero Turntable Only $32.49 - 50% off

Mercenaries 2 $4.89 is PS3 only

[quote name='TripleQ']I have the English GameStop flyer and it confirms the bonus $75 credit if you trade in a console towards console.

I.e. XBOX 360 = $50 + $75 credit = $125. New arcade is $129 (March 13-19 ONLY) so $5 to upgrade if you have a non-HDMI and/or out of warranty console. Awesome deal.

Other trade in deals are

$350 for 250GB PS3 + 2 PS3 games
$175 for Wii + 2 Wii games
$150 for 360 + 2 360 games (cold)
$125 for DSL + 2 DS game

Other stuff:
DJ Hero Turntable Only $32.49 - 50% off

Mercenaries 2 $4.89 is PS3 only[/QUOTE]

I've heard that the 360 trade in cannot be used on the purchase of another 360, any truth in that QQQ?

Doesn't say anything specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get too many xbox arcade upgrades and add some restrictions.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Is this deal only good for DSL and XBOX 360 Arcade? I want to trade my 40GB PS3 for a slim lol =([/QUOTE]

That probably should be ok, but I'm not sure what they give you for a 40GB.

[quote name='TripleQ']Doesn't say anything specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get too many xbox arcade upgrades and add some restrictions.[/QUOTE]

Well Ranzo mentioned the restriction. And I don't think I've ever seen him be wrong.

Still worth trying though. I've already heard of guys going in and getting the $75 bump up without needing to buy a console :lol:

Any sightings of the Spring Bundle (ODST+Forza) at EB? I swore it was on their website but I can't find it anymore.. I'm leaning towards trading in for this one if possible..

Elite Spring Bundle $300
Forza -$40
ODST -$20 (or possibly power trading both)
XBOX Trade in -$125
--------------------
$115 cost for upgrading to 120GB

Or alternately
Arcade $130
XBOX Trade in -$125
XBOX 60GB kit from Futureshop $80
---------------------------------
$85 upgrade to 60GB

[quote name='game_fanatic']I need to get groceries today so I may try my luck at trading in my old Arcade and seeing if the upgrade is possible. If not, no biggy.[/QUOTE]

The $129 arcade at EB is only on sale March 13-19

[quote name='TripleQ']The $129 arcade at EB is only on sale March 13-19[/QUOTE]

Ahh, well I would've looked quite foolish :) Thanks for the heads up QQQ, and I thought the EB clerk on the phone was incorrect heh

Oh, also RFD reporting that XBOX TIV is down to $35 now.. so only $110 credit with $75 bonus.

XBOX+T2 = $150 as per the ad is looking warmer.

I just came back from EB Games. They have dropped the TIV for Xbox 360s to $35. I was also told that they would not give the $75 bonus for trading in your system on the $129 arcades, since the $129 is a sale price and the $75 bonus can't be combined with any other promotions.

[quote name='Halathen']I just came back from EB Games. They have dropped the TIV for Xbox 360s to $35. I was also told that they would not give the $75 bonus for trading in your system on the $129 arcades, since the $129 is a sale price and the $75 bonus can't be combined with any other promotions.[/QUOTE]

Well ain't that a bitch.

Hm... Might be the best time to repurchase the system again, now that ME2 is out...

If anyone would like to answer this query for me, because I'm at work and I can't exactly research this at the moment, aside from ME2 and Forza 3, what other exclusive games have been released for this system since last summer (when I sold my first 360)? Might help me decide if I should buy it again or not.

[quote name='spzero']Hm... Might be the best time to repurchase the system again, now that ME2 is out...

If anyone would like to answer this query for me, because I'm at work and I can't exactly research this at the moment, aside from ME2 and Forza 3, what other exclusive games have been released for this system since last summer (when I sold my first 360)? Might help me decide if I should buy it again or not.[/QUOTE]

Have been kinda wondering that as well. Im thinking of picking it up for those exclusives but also because often the 360 counterpart can be found on sale more often than the ps3 one (though not always).
I do have to admit though that I miss the Halo series since moving onto the ps3.

[quote name='spzero']Hm... Might be the best time to repurchase the system again, now that ME2 is out...

If anyone would like to answer this query for me, because I'm at work and I can't exactly research this at the moment, aside from ME2 and Forza 3, what other exclusive games have been released for this system since last summer (when I sold my first 360)? Might help me decide if I should buy it again or not.[/QUOTE]

Hm, well Halo 3: ODST is worth picking up if you're a fan of the series; includes all the Halo 3 multiplayer maps, a pretty solid single-player experience (this is entirely subjective), and the beta for Halo: Reach. Apart from Halo, there's Left 4 Dead 2, as well. That's pretty much the exclusives since the summer, apart from ME2 and Forza 3. Wow, that's pretty sad.

Hm, thanks game_fanatic. Small exclusive list since I don't really care about Halo and am adverse to paying for online services. However, ME2 AND Forza 3 might just be good enough to win me over...

Well that and I just found out that Tropico 3 is also for the 360. Always liked the concept and it's only $40... It's always been a dream of mine to be a Central/South American dictator...

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']MICROSOFT IS ANNOUNCING THE XBOX 720!! Get ready folks[/QUOTE]

NOT BUY

It's simply two XBox 360's duct taped together

[quote name='spzero']Hm, thanks game_fanatic. Small exclusive list since I don't really care about Halo and am adverse to paying for online services. However, ME2 AND Forza 3 might just be good enough to win me over...

Well that and I just found out that Tropico 3 is also for the 360. Always liked the concept and it's only $40... It's always been a dream of mine to be a Central/South American dictator...[/QUOTE]
While not an exclusive, Bayonetta is generally said to play better on the XBox 360... not sure how big of a difference there really is as reviewers and fanboys/girls like to blow things out of proportion.

There's also Mass Effect 2, athough you can play it on PC too. And, I suppose there are a few upcoming ones like Alan Wake and Halo Reach. But yes, the recent 360 exclusives are very few in numbers.

Splinter Cell: Conviction and Perfect Dark (XBLA) are also highly-anticipated Xbox 360 exclusives. Whether they're actually going to be good enough to warrant a system purchase is really only a question you can answer heh

I was hoping to trade in my old 360 for new Arcade for just $5 :lol: My 360 hasn't been touched for like 2 years or so, love my PS3 and Wii(yay Mario games!).

[quote name='JoJoBlue']While not an exclusive, Bayonetta is generally said to play better on the XBox 360... not sure how big of a difference there really is as reviewers and fanboys/girls like to blow things out of proportion.[/QUOTE]

They patched the Bayonetta on PS3 allowing you to install portions of the game onto your HDD so there are no longer any lag problems during gameplay.

According to some on RFD, they are saying that you can combine the promotion of trading in XBOX360($35) + $75 for the new arcade on sale $129.99. I guess it'd be YMMV.

Prototype and Haze were both at my local EB cheaper than advertise. I snagged Prototype for 19.99, and Haze for 4.99. The 360 version of Prototype is also 19.99, since I checked it out personally.

Prototype is great for anyone interested as well. It seems like ti was made by the same people that did the Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game, since a lot of what you do seems like it's an evolution of sorts.

[quote name='Myv']According to some on RFD, they are saying that you can combine the promotion of trading in XBOX360($35) + $75 for the new arcade on sale $129.99. I guess it'd be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Its true you can do this. you can also do the trade 360 system +2 games (over 8 tiv) for 150$ credit towards that arcade and still get a used game with the extra credit

[quote name='Bamm']Prototype and Haze were both at my local EB cheaper than advertise. I snagged Prototype for 19.99, and Haze for 4.99. The 360 version of Prototype is also 19.99, since I checked it out personally.
[/QUOTE]
uh thats cuz the advertised price is for new copies, the ones u snagged were used..

[quote name='nastynas']uh thats cuz the advertised price is for new copies, the ones u snagged were used..[/QUOTE]

...Because the original post clearly made note that the prices were for new copies of the game.

BTW, thanks for posting the deal OP, although my gaming backlog is grumbling at the moment:)

BTW, just to triply confirm, I managed to trade in the old out of warranty refurb console I had today for the el-cheapo arcade.

The manufacture date on the console wasn't long after Microsoft shipped it to me, but when it comes to 360s, I'm more confident with the latest hardware and a three-year warranty than a 2008 console with no warranty. The $20 I paid was worth it, IMO.

[quote name='Bamm']...Because the original post clearly made note that the prices were for new copies of the game.
[/QUOTE]
so u got new copies for those prices? if not, wat do u mean cheaper than advertised?

I was able to get Xbox 360 Arcade (jasper jan 2010) , trading in my DS Lite for $20 (Regular TIV) + $75 bonus. Not all stores accept to combine the "sale" and the +75$ TIV.

X360 will be secondary, PS3 will remain my main one.

Got an arcade today. I didn't think I would buy another 360 after selling my first one, but I had a few games lying around (like the terrible FFXIII) and decided to get it.

I'm happy. Got all 3 consoles again!

Did they test out the 360s when you guys traded them in?
I have an older one that works 50/50 so I wouldn't mind trading it in and getting a new arcade

[quote name='d_bomb_23']Did they test out the 360s when you guys traded them in?
I have an older one that works 50/50 so I wouldn't mind trading it in and getting a new arcade[/QUOTE]

Yea they will test it on the spot to see if it works and if its modded.

socom is listed on the site with the 'was $20', but haze has no sale price... guess i have to check in person

EDIT: forget that.. i'll just wait for goozex.. too far EBs

That's actually the main reason I didn't do the EB trade. You can swap them, it's a pain though. You almost need to kill your warranty sticker to get the eject button off. Now that I actually have both of them and can do it, I don't know if I'm going to bother... The white tray kinda looks ok with the blue+pinstripe faceplate.

[quote name='kn00tcn']socom is listed on the site with the 'was $20', but haze has no sale price... guess i have to check in person

EDIT: forget that.. i'll just wait for goozex.. too far EBs[/QUOTE]

Haze is $9.89 new, $4.99 used.

bread's done
Back