[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
10/27 - tivs.ca updated already

PS3 Watchmen
FS - $15
EB - $8
BBV - $0 (would not accept)

PS3 Fallout 3
FS - $10.50 (grr! it was $40 yesterday)

PS3 Up
BBV - $30

Neksus, I think the FS TIVs need to be updated to use the same format as the others.. the fixed prices seem to have changed.

10/27/2009 at Best Buy

Madden 10 - $40
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $35
Batman: Arkham Asylum - $20
LittleBigPlanet - $20

ALL FOR PS3

One thing that was weird, MUA2 is listed as $40 in the Feature trade in values in the website, but I got only $35 for it, even though I did a bit of arguing. Oh wells...

I'm not sure if this is news or not, but when I did a trade-in at Rogers and bought something at the same time, I wasn't charged tax on it.

Are you sure you weren't just charged the tax on the difference? Because the first bit should come off tax free....

Anyways

As of yesterday at EBG
NHL 10 360 $24
Fifa 09 360 $2
Gears 2 360 $8.25
Borderlands 360/PS3 $40
Fifa 10 360/PS3 $35
GTA 4 360/PS3 $8.25
Brutal Legend 360/PS3 $40
Demon Souls ps3 $25

[quote name='Placebo']Are you sure you weren't just charged the tax on the difference? Because the first bit should come off tax free....[/QUOTE]

Nope, had to pay the tax on the full amount, not just the $20 not covered by the credit.

Anybody know the value of Uncharted 2? I already have $60 credit at EB and would like to grab the Tekken 6 wireless stick bundle... I'm thinking of trading in Brutal Legend+Uncharted 2+something else to give me $160 credit so I can not pay a cent for the Tekken bundle. My PS3 fails online so I don't really need to touch Uncharted 2 for a very long time... and I can always buy Brutal Legend again in the future...
THEN I can go to BB and do the T4G2 for Ratchet+Brutal Legend or something. I know how messed up this all sounds lol...

EDIT: Then again, I don't think its all the trouble for a wireless stick hahaha. Ignore this post :p

Blockbuster TIVs

Chronicles of Riddick AODA(PS3): $30
Chronicles of Riddick AODA(360): $21
Castlevania Judgment: $10
Silent Hill Homecoming(360): $10
Marvel Ultimate Alliance(Wii): $1(lol)

So, how's that Rock Revolution TIV holding up? :rofl: (Not mine, by the way)

HPIM0797.jpg

Sorry to get off topic. I just noticed that Tekken 6 has a slip case for the xbox 360 version. I picked up my copy at EB for the ps3 and never got a slip case. Anyone get one?

I think the Canadian versions do not get the slip case as mine did not come with it either and I got it on launch day (gonna return it to get the Japanese version though).

Here's the TIVs today for Dirt 2 (360) at various stores:

Futureshop: Not in database
EBGames: $27.50
Best Buy: $30
Rogers Plus: $35
Blockbuster: $38.50

Oct. 30th, EB
Prince of Persia PS3 $9.5
Resident Evil UC Wii $11 (this is the third copy I've traded into EB haha)

Did the Trade-2-plus-$20 for Assassin's Creed 2.

I'm getting too old for all this trading: done for the year. :D

[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody know the value of Uncharted 2?[/QUOTE]
Even if you said to ignore your post
EB last -posted TIV for Uncharted 2 : $35

Bestbuy TIV for Uncharted 2 according to flyer (top 5 games they look for): $40.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']So, how's that Rock Revolution TIV holding up? :rofl: (Not mine, by the way)

HPIM0797.jpg
[/QUOTE]
If I'm not mistaken, this is American.
They had a B2G1 at Best Buys and you could glitch it by scanning in a certain order. Therefore, all those games (including the ones on the right) cost $90. So I don't think he cares about the RR TIVs...

Future shop as of October 30

Wii - Fire Emblem $18
X360 - Gears of War $13.20
X360 - Afro Samurai $18.00

All qualified for their Trade 3 Get either COD:MW2 or Dragon Age free.

Just to note, it appears that Future Shop and Beatbuy differ in their TIVS cause the above 3 games were all under $8 TIV at bestbuy.

I don't think I'll be trading in at Best Buy anymore (unless an epic deal like T4G2 comes up again). Is it just me or does Best Buy NOT read half the games? I went in with SW:TFU at the Ancaster location one day, the couldn't read it, the next day it was an $8 TIV....
UGH.

I just went to EB and traded:
Tales Of Vesperia
SW: TFU
Spiderman: Web Of Shadows
ALL 360
and got Tekken 6 (360).

At Best Buy the above games were $8.

[quote name='Azumangaman']If I'm not mistaken, this is American.
They had a B2G1 at Best Buys and you could glitch it by scanning in a certain order. Therefore, all those games (including the ones on the right) cost $90. So I don't think he cares about the RR TIVs...[/QUOTE]

Gonna be heading to michigan today and will stop off at a bestbuy to try that out. See if I can pick up tekken 6. :bouncy:

I went to FutureShop yesterday hoping to trade 3 for COD:MW2. Guy was checking the trade in values for me when another sales guy dropped by and told him those price were not current. Mind your own business guy :( As a result only one of my games qualified :(

Here are the TIVs I checked today:

Blockbuster
Dirt 2 (360): Still $38.50
Mortal Kombat vs DC Kollector's Edition (360): $17.50

I also dropped by EBGames to pick-up Dissidia, and saw they had November's Most Wanted list. Here are the games:

Dirt 2 (Wii): $25
Guitar Hero: Metallica (360): $37
NHL 10 (PS3): $40
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS3/360): $40
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (PS3/360): $35
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii): $35

[quote name='stetson717']Gonna be heading to michigan today and will stop off at a bestbuy to try that out. See if I can pick up tekken 6. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure they fixed the glitch, but you might as well go for it :applause:

[quote name='Azumangaman']I'm pretty sure they fixed the glitch, but you might as well go for it :applause:[/QUOTE]

According to others, the glitch was still working at the store I passed by. However, I wrestled with whether or not it was morally right or wrong. I just know I would have felt really bad so I passed. I was in the store and could have done it but I didn't. No regrets.

11/1

FS
Infamous $40 on the old trade in portal link, $15 on the new Citrix system. I only saw both because the guy was having some problems and tried both systems.

No wonder some people were reporting disparities. It depends on what method the CSR uses to check values. To be clear, these are both the web-like pages.. not the POS terminal.

neksus, wondering if I can post the log-in link on GAF for tivs.ca? I think some people are interested in submitting updates through there. Especially as there's no thread for it like here and RFD.

Go for it. The more the better! I've been meaning to open it up but just haven't had the time lately. When I do I figure you guys would rather have current tivs than more members :razz:

[quote name='TripleQ']11/1

FS
Infamous $40 on the old trade in portal link, $15 on the new Citrix system. I only saw both because the guy was having some problems and tried both systems.

No wonder some people were reporting disparities. It depends on what method the CSR uses to check values. To be clear, these are both the web-like pages.. not the POS terminal.[/QUOTE]

The Citrix is linked to the POS, and the correct values. The TIV terminal on a separate computer are not. However, associates CAN change the price manually to match with the TIV terminal if the values are different.

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know I received a complete listing of Best Buy values and will be updating it sometime this week...well, before Monday, anyway. With a lack of time to commit to things outside school these past two weeks I wrote a parsing script during one of my labs that generate my SQL updates for me from FS/BB html files :)
Now all that's left is to do the Rogers ones...although those are by hand :(

There were pretty widely differing prices reported during the T4G2 promo at Bestbuy.. BB prices seemed like they were updated daily, while FS prices were pretty stable (and differed quite a bit sometimes)

just went to EBGames to trade in Killzone 2, they offered $15
so for lulz, I went to their used ps3 section and looked at KZ2.......$60+
I lol'd

EB Games, November 4, 2009 for PS3

UFC Undisputed 2009 - 21.75
Rock Band - 2.25

*** Figures might be off by a quarter or two since I decided not to trade it due to the low TIV.

Went to EB yesterday to do T2+$10 for MW2 using
Ratchet and Clank ToD and MCLA. MCLA didn't qualify it had a TIV of $7. I think I'll head back with MGS4.

neksus, we'd all love you so much more if you could get the BB values in before Monday, considering they're having a T2 for MW2 promo!

Futureshop
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (PS3): $9
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (360): $5
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii): $30
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii): $30
Mario Party 8 (Wii): $22.50

Blockbuster
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (PS3/360): $15
Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii): $17.50
Mario Party 8 (Wii): $5 (really surprised by that)

Rogers Plus
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (PS3/360): $8.25

hey guys? hows it going :)

i didnt even know this forum site existed or else i would came here two days ago lol...

so whats up? :)

anything new going on?

maybe ur above TIV of Fear2 heavy will work for the bestbuy trade 2 get MW2 free on release day? seems like there could be some good deals had to get the game for pretty cheap... i recommend doing a PM at BB with FS to get 50 cent for $16.99... which would likely work at BB if its all 9+ TIV games

[quote name='grappos13']hey guys? hows it going :)

i didnt even know this forum site existed or else i would came here two days ago lol...

so whats up? :)

anything new going on?

maybe ur above TIV of Fear2 heavy will work for the bestbuy trade 2 get MW2 free on release day? seems like there could be some good deals had to get the game for pretty cheap... i recommend doing a PM at BB with FS to get 50 cent for $16.99... which would likely work at BB if its all 9+ TIV games[/QUOTE]

I'll assume you were referring to me as heavy lol.

We don't know if the TIV minimum is $9 at Best Buy, so we'll have to wait until we get more info. Even if it did, only the PS3 version would qualify.

P.S. How long is your temp ban from the "other" forum?

[quote name='game_fanatic']great, another hoarder...[/QUOTE]

im the hoarder? lol...depends what ur definition is.. have i bought cheap games at rogers or BBV and traded them into EB or BB, sure.. just like im sure u have...my name isnt balonis...

btw my ban was for 3 days and im pretty sure it was because of what i said about some guy's BST... i agree i went overboard but it just got me mad.. oh well i guess i gotta cool down..

btw i saw that post there about the guy writing down codes from lego rockband from rental boxes...man that is just pure theft right there.. id think that kind of stuff should deserve a ban..

Long time lurker...

EB:
Ps3
KZ2 - 14.50
SFiV - 14.50
MGS4 - 9.00

Resistance Retribution - PSP - 5.75
Crash Team Racing - PS2 - 1.00 :)

DS
Lego Battles - 10

FS
KZ2 - 15.00, SFiV 15.00 and Little Big Planet 26.50

Did the trade 2 for AC2 and ratchet at Eb and left LBP at Futureshop.

bread's done
Back