[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add:

Futureshop June 1
Heavenly Sword - 10.00 (available from EB used for $17.99)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (wii) - 10.00 (available from EB used for $12.99)
Folklore - 10.00 (available from EB used for $17.99)

Also, the promo still rings through with the original BBC version, which is native 1080p and not 1080i as well as has a runtime that is over 60 minutes longer. And no Oprah. (not that she does a bad job at narrating, but might as well stick with the original because nature documentaries just sound more educational with a brittish accent.)

EB Games June 02

All for :360:

operation darkness - 5
Star Wars: Force Unleashed - 5
oblivion - 7
bioshock 1 - 2
Call of duty 4 - 7
Call of duty 4 GOTY Edition - 14
eternal sonata - 8
last remnant - 4.25
infinite undiscovery - 4
lost odyssey - 2

[quote name='maigoyume']EB Games June 02

All for :360:

operation darkness - 5
Star Wars: Force Unleashed - 5
oblivion - 7
bioshock 1 - 2
Call of duty 4 - 7
Call of duty 4 GOTY Edition - 14
eternal sonata - 8
last remnant - 4.25
infinite undiscovery - 4
lost odyssey - 2[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, been looking for a cheap copy of eternal sonata to play through. Any time i've been to EB Games in the last while there have been no copy's at my local store. Has anyone traded in 'Darksiders' for the 360 lately? I finally finished that play through and am looking to trade it in. Just wondering what prices people have been getting.

[quote name='CrushEm']Hmmm, been looking for a cheap copy of eternal sonata to play through. Any time i've been to EB Games in the last while there have been no copy's at my local store. Has anyone traded in 'Darksiders' for the 360 lately? I finally finished that play through and am looking to trade it in. Just wondering what prices people have been getting.[/QUOTE]

You can search for stock at gamestop.ca Lots of stores around me have Eternal Sonata.

As for trade in values.. tivs.ca

EB games, June 4th, tivs.ca updated

PS3
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - 8.75
Fight Night Round 4 - 11
Enchanted Arms - 8.50
Eternal Sonata - 14.50

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 11
Wet - 15
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 16
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 14
Fight Night Round 4 - 12
Grand Theft Auto IV - 12
Bigs 2, The - $7.75

As of Friday June 4, all submitted on TIVs

Blockbuster:
Kengo :360: - $1
Perfect Dark Zero :360: - $1
The Bourne Conspiracy :360: - $3

EB:
The Bourne Conspiracy :360: - $7
Rogue Warrior :360: - $12
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars :wii: - $11
MLB Power Pros 2008 :wii: - $8.25

EB

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm(regular edition) $22.50

Used it for the extra 50% Promo for MGS Peace Walker LE and got $33.75 towards a second copy. :)

June 8

EBgames:
Dynasty Warriors Gundam: 10 or 11
Big Brain Academy: 15
Glory of Heracles: 11
Puzzle Quest DS: .50 (this was for HMV but curiosity got the best of me, lol)

TIVS June 10, 2010:

EBgames
Resistance 2 - PS3 - $3
MLB Powerpros 2008 - Wii - $8.25
Petz Crazy Monkeys - Wii - $8.00
Mushroom Men - Wii - $10

Traded in a couple days ago (June 7) but should not of changed in the meantime.

Both at EB Games.

Darsksiders (360) - $19
COD: Modern Warfare 2 (360) - $28.50

As of yesterday they lowered the TIV of God of War 3 to $30 @ EB.

I argued with the salesperson a bit and showed them the printout of the $35 value listed online, but they told me that the online advertisements don't always match up with what they're running in-store and since there weren't any advertisements around the store with the value they could only give me the value in the system. When I got home with a game I bought though, I noticed that the slip they throw into every bag had the $35 TIV listed. What an asshole.

[quote name='Bamm']As of yesterday they lowered the TIV of God of War 3 to $30 @ EB.

I argued with the salesperson a bit and showed them the printout of the $35 value listed online, but they told me that the online advertisements don't always match up with what they're running in-store and since there weren't any advertisements around the store with the value they could only give me the value in the system. When I got home with a game I bought though, I noticed that the slip they throw into every bag had the $35 TIV listed. What an asshole.[/QUOTE]
I never used to hate EB/GS employees(in fact, a lot of them used to be REALLY cool and nice), but lately it seems that I'm hating them more and more. A few recent examples.

1. Employee didn't give me the pre-order skin for GoWIII Ultimate Edition cause he was convinced that it already came with the Ultimate Edition. Totally not even the same one.

2. Asked the same employee if they got any Big Boss PSP bundles(not the green one, but the army print one) which is a GS/EB exclusive. He looks at me like I'm an idiot and says that it's only in Japan. :roll:

3. Here's one that really made me angry. Had exactly $45 in trade credit which was exactly enough to cover SSFIV because trade credit's tax free. Employee charged me for tax anyways and when I asked him about it he says that's the way it's always been. He seriously couldn't care less.

Went to two other EBs where the employees actually knew what they were doing. Both said I was in the right but that they couldn't do anything cause it wasn't in their store's system and apologized for not being able to help. Just knowing others knew I was right was almost enough, but decided to try my luck at one more store.

The manager at the last store was super nice and researched the situation. Even though it wasn't from their store, he just grabbed a copy of SSFIV, scanned it as a return and "sold" it to me at $5 cheaper. Awesome!

I updated TIVS.ca with those:
June 12 2010

Exit DS $0.25 EB, $1 FS
Monster DS $2 EB, $0.25 FS

Animal Crossing City Folk Wii - $0 EB (do not take it back, too much in stock) - $22 FS
Neopets Puzzle Adventure Wii - $5 EB, $0 FS (no value in system for this game)

Sacred 2 Fallen Angel X360 - $7 EB, $25 FS

EB TIV as on June 11, 2010

Culdsept Saga (360) $3.25.
Interestingly enough, they sell this game new for around $37.

EBGames June 12th

Little Big Planet GOTY (PS3) - $18
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) - $6.50

Futureshop:

NHL10 (360) - $25

Traded NHL10 for the Bourne Trilogy on Blu-Ray and LBP and MGS4 towards MGS Peacewalker CE. CSR wouldn't let me do a powertrade for the CE, but somehow the "trade 3 or more $5+ get $5 extra trade credit" was applied to each of the 2 games, so I ended up with an extra $1 towards it (since MGS4 was

FS TIVs as of June 14, 2010:

NBA 2K10 (360) = $8.00
Battalion Wars 2 (Wii) = $5.00

----

FS TIVs as of June 16, 2010:

Punch-out!! (Wii) = $24.00
Demon's Souls (PS3) = $25.00
Street Fighter IV (PS3) = $5.00

EB TIVs as of June 18, 2010:

Battalion Wars 2 (Wii) = $6.25
Darksiders (PS3) = $19.50
God of War 3 (PS3) = $35.00
Street Fighter IV (PS3) = $10.00
Wet (PS3) = $8.00
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) = $35.00
Call of Duty: World at War (360) = $8.50
Halo 3: ODST (360) = $25.00

May be risky since the EB TIV is so low already, but BBV has Wet (PS3 and 360) for $14.99. Not sure what the current 360 TIV is though; assuming just as low or lower.

EBGames June 19th

LittleBigPlanet 18$
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare GOTY PS3 15$
House of Dead Overkill Wii 11$
Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince Wii 9.75$
Dirt 2 360 24.75$ (this one was 26$ yesterday, will probably drop more soon)
Blur 360 29$
Alan Wake 27.50$
Heavy Rain 23.50$

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know what I've been up to.
I've field tested this a few times and it seems to be pretty good. I've still got a few more changes to make and optimize but I'm hoping to get it finished this week.

36002_421637432800_227920812800_4378747_2050856_n.jpg

You can see more here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canadian-Video-Game-Trade-in-Values/227920812800
:D

Seems really good Neksus! I thought you discarded the iPod-iPhone app idea.

Couple questions (I could not see on the screenshots?)

- will it be possible to update tivs on the fly (using iOs app or iPhone tivs.ca?) (would help to get more updated information sooner).

- will it store TIVS offline to access when no Internet is around (Especially useful for iPhone users without data plan or iPod Touch)?

Other ideas in general for tivs.ca:
- could users with X trade-in points get to automatically update tivs.ca without a need for moderator approval?

Thanks

[quote name='cashinstinct']Seems really good Neksus! I thought you discarded the iPod-iPhone app idea.

Couple questions (I could not see on the screenshots?)

- will it be possible to update tivs on the fly (using iOs app or iPhone tivs.ca?) (would help to get more updated information sooner).

- will it store TIVS offline to access when no Internet is around (Especially useful for iPhone users without data plan or iPod Touch)?

Other ideas in general for tivs.ca:
- could users with X trade-in points get to automatically update tivs.ca without a need for moderator approval?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

The app uses local storage to store the most recent value on your phone, so you don't need internet access to use it. Updating the app's information will be relatively simple - press a button, wait a few seconds, and it should be good. There is no loading of anything if the information is already on your phone.
This release will not support account information, but the next one will.

I suppose I could implement the whole above x points thing, as it should be pretty valid.

PS: I'm not sure if I answered your "on the fly" questions, as it is rather ambiguous.

Good stuff for the offline browsing, that's a really good feature I will certainly pay to get.

---

Sorry, I wasn't clear for my 1st question about «on the fly». I meant update while using iPod Touch or iPhone (not have to be on a computer). Therefore, tiv could be updated before going back home (making value more accurate because less delay between asking for TIV and updating the value, and not forgetting to post it on CAG-RFD-directly on tivs.ca)

Since you said this current app version will not support account information, I assume it means tivs cannot be updated within the app.

---

For the «above X points», it's really a small thing, I don't know how much time it takes to program such a feature.

EB Games June 20

Xbox 360

Mass Effect $10
Oblivion GOTY $12
GTA 4 $10
Guitar Hero: Metallica $19
The Beatles: Rock Band $10.50
Guitar Hero 5 $18
Batman Arkham Asylum $14

Seriously Neksus, I am going to purchase an Iphone in the very near future for the sole purpose of making my hunting easier. I am so looking for offline browsing!

iPhone4 unlocked will be $650 (16 gigs) + tax at apple.ca.

You can buy that this year and sell it next year when you will be eligible for upgrade.

It's expensive though.

Hmm that's not too bad...wonder if there's a market for a used 8gb 3g :razz:
It's in pretty good condition, a few tiny little scratches near the top glass (doesn't affect the actual viewing area) from the first day I had it, but other than that it's solid.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Awesome, tivs.ca estimated worth is 3504$ US. Good job guys!/QUOTE]

Tivs.ca Estimated Worth $3,251.6

websiteworthchecker. com/tivs.ca

EBGames June23rd
Blur PS3 - 27.25$
Dirt 2 360 - 17.50$

So, they did limit it to 1 game per PT in the system? Dirt 2 didnt get bumped but I mentionned it and CSR did it manually.

EB GAMES 06/24

Resistance PSP - 7.50 + 5 Bonus
FF Disseda PSP - 7.50 + 5 Bonus
Borderlands PS3 - 25 + 5 Bonus
(Trade 3 over 5 bucks each)

DS Lite - 40 + 50 Bonus
PSP 2000 - 25 + 50 Bonus

I got the bonus on both systems trading for DSi for my daughter...all in all, cleared some space, got some great credit left over and a system.

EB Games 6/25:

Final Fantasy XIII (X360) - $35
Rogue Warrior (X360) > $8 (bumped for trade 3)
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (X360) > $8 (bumped for trade 3)
Karaoke Revolution (X360) - $13.50

Got a 3 for 1 on Crackdown 2 and $35 applied to my DeathSmiles preorder.

[quote name='ycrad']EB GAMES 06/24

Resistance PSP - 7.50 + 5 Bonus
FF Disseda PSP - 7.50 + 5 Bonus
Borderlands PS3 - 25 + 5 Bonus
(Trade 3 over 5 bucks each)

DS Lite - 40 + 50 Bonus
PSP 2000 - 25 + 50 Bonus

I got the bonus on both systems trading for DSi for my daughter...all in all, cleared some space, got some great credit left over and a system.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you to get bonus for 2 systems, I think the promo is supposed to be limit 1... especially considering you bought a not-that-pricey system.

Gamestop:

Modnation Racers PSP - $12 + $5. Surprised it was this low, got this from the PSP bundle from FS, no case. How much do they deduct if there's no case?
Halo 3 - $6.25 + $5
Blur - $28.25 + 5
Uncharted 2 - $35 + $5
FFXIII - $35 + $5

Got about $141.50 in total, not bad.

Most wanted July 04 - 31

Mario galaxy 2 - 40
Alan Wake - 40
RDR PS3 - 40
Blur ps3 - 35
Lost planet 2 - 35