[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
i overpaid on a game and they tried to ring me through without me noticeing it (i think it was graw) but anyways i told them to give me the differenceand after a big fuss they put it back on my credit card..... im pretty sure its a law here that any refunds on an item purchased on a CC have to be credited to the same card...

I got God of War 2 through the 3 for 1 trade deal.

I didn't know EB Games allows customers to pay for an entire game before receiving it. Usually it is a $5 deposit for a cash preorder and nothing more.

15th of March.

DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $13.00
DS - Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - $22.00
Wii - Trauma center: Second Opinion - $25.00
Wii - Elebits - $40.00

(reposted this from another board for the benefit of you guys, since I've landed a few good deals from here)

Got in on this today. Some of you may be horrified at the quality of the titles traded in, but I don't play most adventure, RPG, or story-based games over after finishing them once, so this deal was great for me.

Decided to get in on the PS3 pre-order deal, and I wanted to contribute some trade-in values:

GC - Mario Sunshine - 14
PS2 - Final Fantasy 12 - 38
XB - Halo 2 - 19
PS2 - Shadow of the Colussus (GH) - 8
GC - Pikmin 2 - 8
PS2 - Okami - 18
GC - Paper Mario - 8
PS2 - Guitar Hero (game only) - 17
360 - Kameo (GH) - 7
PS2 - Kingdom Hearts - 10
PS2 - Kingdom Hearts 2 - 10
GC - Chibi Robo - 19
PS2 - Jak 2 - 5
XB - Lego Star Wars 2 - 10
360 - Ghost Recon - 3 (lol)
PS2 - FFX (GH) - 10
GC - Odama - 7
XB - Indigo Prophecy - 3
PS2 - Megaman - 4
PS2 - Ape Escape 3 - 2
PS2 - Escape From Monkey Island - 3
GC - Batallion Wars - 6
PS2 - We Love Katamari - 12
PS2 - Mercenaries - 8
PS2 - X-Men 2 - 5
PS2 - X-Men - 11 (may have X-Men and X-Men 2 switched)
PS2 - Sly 3 - 6
GC - Eternal Darkness - 3
PS2 - Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked - 8
360 - Smackdown Versus Raw - 32
GC - Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (w/ bongos)- 8
PS2 - GTA: San Andreas - 0 (I think because it's the hot coffee version)

I went home, and did my best to optimize the trade-ins for maximum value. In the end, landed a PS3, Resistance, and Metal Gear 4. Traded in 15 games, plus Smackdown and FF12 for store credit, some store credit left over from playing/finishing/trading in games from the Rogers 2/40$, and got the whole package for 210$, taxes included. It helps that EB hasn't raised their PS3 prices to match Future Shop and the Sony Store, and that they don't charge taxes on trade-ins.

I don't think any of them cost more than 25$ when I got them, thanks to the various sites with info about good deals, including here. Picking up deals from the main CAG board while on business travel in the States helps, too.

No, it was only the 8+ plus ones. I kept the lower value games.

You can combine the 10 x 8$ game promo for the PS3 discount with another promotion that I don't think I've seen posted yet: any two 8$+ games can be traded for any already-released PS3 game when you purchase the PS3. I tried for a pre-order (so I didn't have to choose between Motorstorm and Resistance, neither of which is my cup 'o tea), but no dice.

The prerequisite is a bit painful, but certainly consider this if you're buying a PS3 anyways.

[quote name='gengis']Guys do you know why Sonic and SSX TIV are so low?[/quote]

The TIV for those games are so low probally because its not in high demand right now.

[quote name='stooples2k3']The TIV for those games are so low probally because its not in high demand right now.[/quote]

Ok these are new release and the salesman at EB had to do something on his computer cause there was no value when he scanned them
so maybe the price will go up in a near future
I want a PS3 :drool:

Trade in Values as of March 16th:

GC:
Resident Evil 4: $7.00
Super Mario Sunshine: $14.00
Sphinx: $4.00
Metroid Prime: $5.00

PS2:
Twisted Metal Black: $3.00
State of Emergency: $0.50
Spiderman: $6.00
Final Fantasy X: $15.00
Time Splitters 2: $4.00
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando: $4.00
Virtua Fighter 4: $1.00
Metal Gear Solid 2: $7.00
Dragon Ball Z Budokai: $3.00
Socom 1: $1.00
Winback: $1.00

Xbox:
Burnout 3: $3.00
Spiderman 2: $5.00
Ghost Recom Island Thunder: $3.00
Greg Hastings Paintball: $6.00
Forza: $7.00
LOTR: Return of the King: $7.00

I posted this in RFD (most likely already in the Wiki). These are TIVs as of Mar. 20th.

PS2
24: The Game $12
Arena Football $6
Madagascar $5
Shellshock Nam 67 $5

XBX
Top Gear RPM Tuning $5
Suffering: the Ties that Bind $3
Chicken Little $9
NHL Hitz Pro $3

GCN
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom $8

Bunch of games not in the system (or maybe the CSR didn't look hard enough... this was over the phone):

PS2
DBZ Budokai 2
Stitch Experiment 626
NBA Ballers: Phenom
DBZ Sagas

XBX
Special Forces Nemesis Strike

GCN
Scaler

You can find ALL these games (except Chicken Little) for $9.99 at Rogers Video at 68th and Granville, in Vancity. Buy two and get one free... $20 for a pre-order!

got in on the PS3 deal. $309 with Motorstorm for 12 games (inc taxes).
360:
Star Trek Legacy $25
Dead Rising $22
Just Cause $11
RR6 $3
Enchanted Arms $8

PSP :
Daxter $15

[quote name='chrisryans']Anyone know the trade in values for Ace Combat 4 and 5? I have these and were wondering if they were over $8[/quote]

errr... its not hard to pick up the phone and call EB for TIV. Remember TIV differ by region, so its best to call in yourself.

In Montreal region, not all EBgames do want to give TIV by phone (too many people call these days I suppose). However, it is worth trying because much of them do give (for a few games) TIV.

Personnaly, I was able to take advantage of this offer for 3 games

For Mario Party 8, I gave:
- Halo 1 Xbox - TIV of 8$ (found at 10$ at BBV)
- Ratched Deadlocked PS2 - TIV of 8$ (found at 12,50$ at BBV, with 50% deal on new games, deal not working anymore, in Quebec at least)
- Backyard Baseball 2007 PS2 - TIV of 11$ (found at 10$ at Futureshop)

For Super Mario Galaxy, I gave:
- Halo 1 - TIV of 8$ (found at EBgames, 20$... one of my planned games didn't work out)
- Backyard Baseball 2007 PS2 - TIV of 11$ (found at 10$ at Futureshop)
- GTA San Andreas - TIV of 10$

For Super Smash Brawl, I gave:
- Halo 1 Xbox - TIV of 8$ (found at 10$ at BBV)
- Ratched Deadlocked PS2 - TIV of 8$ (used: found at 20$ at BBV)
- 24: The Game PS2 - TIV of 12$ (used: found at 20$ at BBV)
For BBV, I used the 50% off on second used games deal

UPDADED TIV as of March 23 (Montreal, QC, as it might vary by region)
Halo 1 Xbox - $8
Ratched Deadlocked PS2 - $8
24 : The Game PS2 - $12

UPDATED TIV As of March 16: (Montreal, QC, as it might vary by region)
Backyard Baseball 2007 PS2 - $11

EBGames at Galeries d'Anjou, EBGames at Place Versailles and EBGames at Promenades St-Bruno (1 per location, it was on different days... long story! ;))

Halo 1 has the same value in Montreal area, same for Ratched Deadlocked.

I had issues with Halo 2's value in Place Versailles... (they said 7$, many people in RFD and CAG say otherwise...)

Your question should more be: where to find the used games...

I am on the South Shore in fact to be more precise, so I go to BBV near Brossard area. Try to find a BBV near your place that has lots of games (some BBV do not have much).

Halo 2 is supposed to be like 16 or 18 dollar at complex desjardin EBG last time(which was like 2 weeks ago so i doubt it can dramatically go down that fast) i called n btw does BBV in montreal does trades-in?

Xbox-Jade empire (CE) 7$ (23 march 07)
Xbox-Mercenaries 8$ (23 march 07)
Xbox-NBA 2k6 10$ (23 march 07)
Xbox-NBA 2k7 6$ (23 march 07)

I doubted Halo 2 was worth less than 8, but the guy scanned it and said that to me... I traded it at BBV to get other used games.

I dunno for BBV in Montreal if they do trade-in, best way to know is to call.

Gamecube
Zelda Windwaker > 8
Luigi's Mansion > 8
Star Fox Assault (without manual: $6)

PS2
Soul Calibur 2 - $5
FF X-2 - $8
Medal of Honor: Frontline - $6

Xbox
Guilty Gear X2: Reloaded - $7

Some more crappy trade in values... went there today (March 25th, 2007)

PSP
MediEvil Resurrection: $3
Untold Legends Brotherhood of the Blade: $3

PS2
Virtual Fighter 4 (Greatest Hits): $3
Samurai Legend Musashi: $3

GBA (no cases or manuals)
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga: $3
Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition: $3

All in good condition because they barely been played. Didn't trade them due to rip off factor.

March 30, 2007
Halo 1 - XBOX - TIV $8
LOTR 3rd age - XBOX - TIV $8
Greg Hastings' Paintball MAX'd - Xbox - TIV $11
Battlefield 2 -Modern Combat - Xbox - TIV $6
Backyard Baseball 2007 - PS2- TIV $11

Using 2 copies of Backyard and 2 copies of Paintball Max'd, I was able to get 2 other preorders for the Wii: Super Mario Paper and Big Brain Academy.

[quote name='lisdoncca']March 30, 2007
Halo 1 - XBOX - TIV $8
LOTR 3rd age - XBOX - TIV $8
Greg Hastings' Paintball MAX'd - Xbox - TIV $11
Battlefield 2 -Modern Combat - Xbox - TIV $6
Backyard Baseball 2007 - PS2- TIV $11

Using 2 copies of Backyard and 2 copies of Paintball Max'd, I was able to get 2 other preorders for the Wii: Super Mario Paper and Big Brain Academy.[/quote]

I went to the ebgames in the eaton center and the clerk told me max'd was at 4$ and halo was at 5$

This is a proof that TIV can vary.
2 stores told me Halo 2 was worth $7 ... but many people here and at RFD said they got 13-18 for it.

Halo 1 value was confirmed in 1 store in Montreal area (St-Bruno)
Max'd value was confirmed in 2 stores in Montreal area (St-Bruno, Versailles)

I went before 13h30... it might change during the day though.

Good luck, you should call before going over

[quote name='lisdoncca']This is a proof that TIV can vary.
2 stores told me Halo 2 was worth $7 ... but many people here and at RFD said they got 13-18 for it.

Good luck, you should call before going over[/quote]

thanks. it's so strange that it varies from store to store... get with the freakin program eb. :roll:

If they were smart their price variances should be based on how much stock they have on hand, if they have 50 copies of Halo in the store it'd be reasonable for them to only give out a buck for another.

But EB isn't smart, so I doubt it works that way :)

Caro, I suggest you never go to the Eaton Center location. Those guys really aren't as helpful or nice as the ones at Des Jockey (Jean-Talon St./ Namur Metro). The one near the Hippodrome has less people coming in, so it's easier for the clerks to actually help you.

Just to add to the topic:

GTA: San Andreas (PS2) = $10
Magnetica (DS) = 8$
Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA) = $9
Meteos (DS) = $8
Lost in Blue (DS) = $10
Greg Hasting's Paintball Max'd (XBOX) = $11
Paper Mario (GCN) = $8
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time (PS2) = $10
God of War (PS2) = $8

Phoenix Wright 2 (DS) = 22$
NHL 2007 (PS2) = $15
DDR SuperNOVA (PS2) = $14
Advance Wars (DS) = $13
MegaMan Battle Network 6 (GBA) = $6
Kingdom Hearts: CoM (GBA) = $6
Metroid Prime Pinball (DS) = $6
Nintendogs Dachund (DS) = $15
Sudoku Gridmaster (DS) = $6
Billy Hatcher (GCN) = $7
Brain Age (DS) = $3
Big Brain Academy (DS) = $3

DDR MAX2 (PS2) = $13
DDR ExTreme 2 (PS2) = $12
WarioWare Touched (DS) = $10
Animal Crossing (GCN) = $8

That's all the stuff I traded in towards my PS3. Ended up costing me $3.39 ;)

31 March 2007-

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - $22.00
Baten Kaitos: Origins - $18.00

Of course, I didn't trade these suckers in but I did call the Fredericton, NB EB to check the TIVs.

i can definitely say that for Halo 2 and possibly all games, that TIV varies with the store stock. As I traded Halo 2 for $13 on Thursday, on Friday the same store dropped the value to $7, and went to another EB where its value was $18. The store where pricedrop occurred, on RFD, someone else there also traded in Halo2 the same day I did.

got rid of some games i've had for a while now, only cause i got doubles, at least i don't have to pay for Super Paper Mario :D

Zelda: Windwaker $15 TIV
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes $13 TIV
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes $9 TIV

Edit: These are all from April 1st (today)

Trade in values do not very store to store. They are set from Head office and download every morning (no another time and can go up or down with every morning download). Your difference comes from human error.

English sku 7$
french sku 13$
Looking at collectors over reg.

Many things like that happen. Either from new staff or staff with less video game knowledge. Also the EB data base is not very clear. Many games have short forms or vowels taken out to fit on the screen. This makes it harder to figure out which game it is. And again many times the Fr, and Eng. sku do not differ other then the price and staff should know the difference.

[quote name='lisdoncca']This is a proof that TIV can vary.

Good luck, you should call before going over[/quote]

April 1st
Fifa 06 road to world cup (x360) - 11$
Burnout Revenge (x360) - 11$
Halo (xbox)-8$
Prostroke Golf World tour 2007(ps2) -3$

[quote name='nonrandomhero']everybody should stop selling to EB and go to blockbuster video, i find they give up to twice as much as EB.....[/QUOTE]

Most people are taking advantage of the trade in three get it free promo or the PS3 promo.

March 31 I traded the following for Maio Galaxy:
Luigi's Mansion GC $8
Tales of Legendia PS2 $8
Star Fox:Command DS-More then $8

I also changed over the phone my pre-order for Mario party 8 to Super Paper Mario.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']everybody should stop selling to EB and go to blockbuster video, i find they give up to twice as much as EB.....[/QUOTE]
The only blockbuster near doesnt even take used games.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']The only blockbuster near doesnt even take used games.[/quote]
all the BBV in my area doesnt too thats gay

bread's done
Back