[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='turgore2008']I have a good idea. Maybe we should start a website or something so people instead of selling to EB games for their tiny TIV they sell to us (members) for a slightly larger price.
we win , the guys who sell us the game wins , EB loses :p[/QUOTE]

trust me by trading in a game like NFL Tour and eb bumping it up to $22 trade in value as part of trade 3, EB is losing :)

[quote name='stetson717']do you get an additional 10% for tiv at eb games with the edge card? or is it strictly for 10% off used games?[/quote]
Only 10% off used games, the 10% extra credit is only for US stores.

As of Today
Batallion wars 2 wii 8$+
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 360 7$ (booo)
Simpsons 360 8$+
Turning Point 360 8$+

got simps and turning and recon for 9.99 each B2G1 at blockbuster.

So 20ish dollars for Soul Calibur 4 play for a week is pretty awesome.

I'm thinking I probably should trade in Brawl. I played it a bunch when it came out... and didn't touch it again until this weekend - and it wasn't even that much fun, since I have basically everything unlocked. I might think about trading it in soon... The trade in for more credit promo is still on, right?

[quote name='craig64']I'm thinking I probably should trade in Brawl. I played it a bunch when it came out... and didn't touch it again until this weekend - and it wasn't even that much fun, since I have basically everything unlocked. I might think about trading it in soon... The trade in for more credit promo is still on, right?[/quote]

Yeah, but I don't know for how long it would be on for so my suggestion is to just trade in the game ASAP. You would probably get the same amount if you sold the game here, so you might as well save on shipping and get tax-free savings by trading it in at Eb games.

As of today:
Wii - Ghost Squad - 11$
Wii - MLB Power Pros- 7$
GC - Mario Kart - 19$
X360 - Simpsons - 8$

I used Simpsons and Ghost Squad for NHL 2K9 for Wii.

Nascar 08 - $11
FEAR Files - $11
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom - $15
Medal of Honor Airborne - $7
Two Words - $10
Quake 4 - $8
Sega Rally Revo - $6

All 360.

turning point ps3 - 26
turning point xbox360 - 18
Fifa 06 xbox360 - 6

tiger woods 07 xbox - 3$
nights wii - 10
harvey birdman wii 7
RE UC wii - 13

[quote name='apal_99']Anybody know the TIV for Tony Hawk Proving Ground (360) and NFL Tour(360)?[/quote]

As of 07/20/2008

Tony Hawk Proving Ground (360) 11
NFL Tour(360) 7

Monday I traded in:

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS) - $15
Stuntman: Ignition (360) - $6
Sega Rally Revo (360) - $6
Juiced 2 (360) - $6
Naruto (360) - $3

Total was $36 + $20 bonus = $56

2 days ago I traded in:

Halo 3 - $19
Smackdown vs Raw 2008 - $13

Traded them in to pre-order Soul Calibur 4 and the guy was about to give me $40 credits.

as of today;
Alien Syndrome wii - 8$
Nights wii - 10$
Fear Files xbox360 - 11$
HP order of the phoenix wii - 15
pirates of the car wii - 16 WTF
Tiger woods pga 07 xbox360 - 24 WTF
Assassins Creed xbox360 - 2$ WTF (overheard, still have mine)

Crackdown is 7.

Assassins Creed 360 dropped to 2.

Mass Effect, Gears, NHL 08 are all 7.

Fight Night R3 is 11.

Darkness 2.
NCAA MM 07 $2
FF:RoSS $2
VF5 $2
Blacksite $2
Gun $1
Tenchu Z $2
WWE 07 $2
WTF: Work Time Fun PSP $2
Hour of Victory $5
Stranglehold $2
Call of Duty 4 PS3 $24
Call of Duty 4 360 $22
Prey $2
Project Sylpheed $2
Final Fantasy PSP $4-6
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 $9
MGS4 $30-32
Wii Fit $25
Balance Board $25
Guitar Hero 3 SW $2
Spiderman PS2 $5
Spiderman 2 $1
Spiderman 3 $3
Pirates XB $11
Eternal Darkness $2
Bully $3
GTA: SA PS2 $4
New Super Mario Bros $25
Super Mario 64 $19
Any Nintendogs sub Best Friends $14

[quote name='Placebo']snip[/quote]

Did you trade all those in or were you just checking the prices?

[quote name='uutf']MGS4 - $30 (said 35 on website) $33[/QUOTE]

Eh, I would have pointed that out.. maybe would have told them to look it up..

[quote name='Kekumba']Eh, I would have pointed that out.. maybe would have told them to look it up..[/quote]
There are tons of games that you will get more from EB than if you sold them on Ebay and with their trade promotions there are even more games that are worthwhile to trade. If you have really old games that are only worth a buck or two to EB or brand new games that aren't on their Featured Trade In Values List than it's more profitable to sell them on Ebay.

[quote name='Kekumba']Eh, I would have pointed that out.. maybe would have told them to look it up..[/quote]

I went through this once.. I think it was for Mario Party 8 when it was a featured trade. The price had dropped on the computer system but they hadn't updated the website, but the guy wouldn't give me the TIV from the website saying "subject to change blah blah blah". I tried to push a bit but it didn't seem like he would honour it.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Is this for PS2? Did you trade it in?
If not, I'll buy it off you.[/quote]

Lawl, I don't think he's that clueless.

(By which I mean trading it in for $9).

Edit: Also, isn't EB being a bit disingenuous by only giving $9? They know they could sell it for $50+ easily in no time at all. This is why I hate EB.

Brought it up when I went to pick up SC4 yesterday. Guy was nice about it but was firm that there was nothing anyone could do. As of today the website is still not updated....

[quote name='8JiN8']is there a used games price list? a list that eb games sell traded in games for.[/quote]
No, it really wouldn't be worth it to update something like that as you can clearly see the prices by going into the store, they are generally pretty good at keeping their games priced correctly, unlike Blockbuster.

is it possible to trade back in a used game that you bought from eb games with the yellow tag?

[quote name='8JiN8']is it possible to trade back in a used game that you bought from eb games with the yellow tag?[/quote]
Yep, and they encourage you to do that

Traded to EB Aug 3rd

- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (no guitar) [360] $35
- Alone in the Dark [360] $24
- Fight Night Round 3 [360] $10
- Turok [360] $7 (kinda sucked messed up my trade 3, this really dropped, I could see they had alot of copies though)

BTW looks like the bonus $10, $20 and $50 promo ended in July, the guy was nice enough to bump my Fight Night game up by $10 because they still had the signs up all over in the store....then he started to pull them all down lol

Orange Box (360): $8.00
RE Umbrella (Wii): $13.00

I also traded in Manhunt 2 (Wii), but I did a trade 3 for Fallout 3... and now the receipt is adjusted in price, so I have no idea what it is. I think it was $12... but I'm not certain. If I had traded the 3 regularily it would've been a total of $37, but I don't think it traded in for $16. I guess it could have though... (and I only paid $5 for it!)

PS3 versions of Sega Rally Revo and Medal of Honor Airborne are $8+. Don't know the exact values, but they work for the trade-3 deal. Also, 360 versions of FEAR and Simpsons are still $8.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back