[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from Blockbuster..

Xbox 360:
Battlefield: Bad Company - $16
Bully - $10
NHL 08 - $6

Also they offered me $0.80 for Madden 08 also for 360.

[quote name='adayinthelife']Just got back from Blockbuster..

Xbox 360:
Battlefield: Bad Company - $16
Bully - $10
NHL 08 - $6

Also they offered me $0.80 for Madden 08 also for 360.[/quote]

So those are all BBV TIVs, correct?

Alright guys, I put in the effort and got all the FS tivs up for the current-gen consoles, psp/ps2/ds to follow eventually, but I figured these were the important ones.

The new trade in values are reflected at tivs.ca.

In entering the FS entries, there were roughly ~150 new games added overall that don't have a corresponding BBV TIV or EB TIV (the EB ones are noted as 0/0/2008 whereas the BBV ones are simply blank. If everybody could update 3 (three) titles by going down to EB, calling, whatever you have to do over the weekend it should fill in quite a few of the gaps.

It took me around 5 hours all said and done to enter in the SKUs (which are databased for future use), create missing entries to place the SKUs into and write a script to parse the entries directly into the database from the FS one (so it can be mass-updated for FS TIVS), so take 5 minutes out of your day and help out the community please! Also, please post EB trade in values in it's respective thread!

If you feel adventurous, feel free to post more than three! Remember, every little bit counts!

My idea for account game-tracking and calculating should be a bit more worthwhile now if FS keeps in the game...

edit - link to sort them with no eb tivs first.

Got a whole bunch of missing/outdated TIVs for tivs.ca. These were all called in today.

Xbox 360:
Armored Core 4 - $15
Avatar Last Airbender: Burning Earth - $7
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - $7
Bee Movie Game - $8
Bionicle Heroes - $2
Bladestorm: Hundred Years War - $15
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII - $3
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - $11
Culdcept Saga - $13
Def Jam Icon - $11
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - $18
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage - $8
Guitar Hero III (Game Only) - $7
Full Auto - $3
Hellboy: Science of Evil - $8
Kane and Lynch - $11
Open Season - $3
Smash Court Tennis 3 - $6
Sonic the Hedgehog - $3
Supreme Commander - $23

[quote name='neksus']Alright guys, I put in the effort and got all the FS tivs up for the current-gen consoles, psp/ps2/ds to follow eventually, but I figured these were the important ones.

The new trade in values are reflected at tivs.ca.

In entering the FS entries, there were roughly ~150 new games added overall that don't have a corresponding BBV TIV or EB TIV (the EB ones are noted as 0/0/2008 whereas the BBV ones are simply blank. If everybody could update 3 (three) titles by going down to EB, calling, whatever you have to do over the weekend it should fill in quite a few of the gaps.

It took me around 5 hours all said and done to enter in the SKUs (which are databased for future use), create missing entries to place the SKUs into and write a script to parse the entries directly into the database from the FS one (so it can be mass-updated for FS TIVS), so take 5 minutes out of your day and help out the community please! Also, please post EB trade in values in it's respective thread!

If you feel adventurous, feel free to post more than three! Remember, every little bit counts!

My idea for account game-tracking and calculating should be a bit more worthwhile now if FS keeps in the game...

edit - link to sort them with no eb tivs first.[/quote]

Wow, great job!

wii:
The Bigs - $4
Super Swing Golf - $11

i also traded in nba live 08 and godfather for the wii. i asked if they'd work for the trade 3, and they still did. i don't have accurate numbers, but they're at least $8...and probably still what's listed on tivs.ca

Anybody have any feedback on the statistics at the top of tivs.ca? Still want to add a few more, but if nobody cares and/or thinks it's a waste of space I might scrap it :p

[quote name='neksus']Anybody have any feedback on the statistics at the top of tivs.ca? Still want to add a few more, but if nobody cares and/or thinks it's a waste of space I might scrap it :p[/quote]

Its cool.
More info is always good.
Keep it!

to tell you the truth, i didn't even realize that was there.

the only suggestion i'd make, and this may just be me messing up, is to make it able to be printable...even if it's just one section at a time. that's just for convenience though as i can make a list of games to keep an eye out for in a few min. keep up the awesome work.

[quote name='cm matty']to tell you the truth, i didn't even realize that was there.

the only suggestion i'd make, and this may just be me messing up, is to make it able to be printable...even if it's just one section at a time. that's just for convenience though as i can make a list of games to keep an eye out for in a few min. keep up the awesome work.[/quote]

I'd second that. In fact, it's be awesome if there was a button that said "display only games with tiv >= $x, and print". The "cheat sheet" button, so to say. =)

haha I was actually thinking of that last night! The whole selectable options instead of printing everything, anyway.

The little numbers were just thrown in yesterday, so don't fret if you didn't notice it :p
I tried blending it in a bit.

Just traded in

360:

Ninja Gaiden 2 - $35
Ace Combat 6 - $22
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 $15
Assassin's Creed - $11
Dark Sector - $6

PS3

Kane and Lynch - $7

traded the following in today:

360:
chronicles of narnia: prince caspian: $11
dead or alive 4: $8

wii:
godfather: blackhand edition: $11
spiderwick chronicles: $8
super swing golf: $11

ps3:
nba 2k8: $8

Alright...I created the basic template for the printable pages which can now be seen on tivs.ca. In testing, the print preview was still only displaying 1 page - so in fixing the CSS value that was preventing the print from showing more than 1 page, it fixed the printing glitch for the rest of the site as well, kind of making obsolete what I was doing in the first place...oh well, at least you guys can customize your print outs now.
Prices aren't on the prints yet, plan to format this weekend when I get time. Got a bunch of family in and the mrs. doesn't like when I'm on the computer when we entertain, so I'll have to sneak in some time somewhere :cheesygri

Probably a lot of repeats, but here is what i was able to find out from EB today:

Wii
----
Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End - $16
Spiderwick Chronicles - $8
Tony Hawk Proving Ground - $13
SSX Blur - $11
FIFA 08 - $10
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $11
Transformers The Movie - $11
Sega Superstar Tennis - $11
Ninja Reflex - $11
Super Swing Golf - $11

-----
Dirt - $15
Project Gotham Racing 4 - $11
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - $8

PS3
-----
Enchanted Arms - $10
Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer - $8

Of course I didn't trade in all those games - just asked how much they were worth.

Just traded in a bunch of stuff to BB today:

Project Gotham Racing 3 - $4.40
Grand Theft Auto 4 - $20
Starwars the Force Unleashed - $30

PS3
Bourne Conspiracy - $20
Metal Gear Solid 4 - $18
Uncharted - $20
TNA Impact - $32.40

the tivs.ca is great!!!!!! but one thing, for the pritnable version, is it possible to have an option of only printing the games that are recently updated?

Thank you for the printable option, it happened really fast. It is a good version 1.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but when I choose "all locations", I get an error:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tivs/public_html/print.php on line 53
(with Internet explorer and Firefox)As for additional options:
1) choose the "least recent" date we want TIVs from (as proposed by michaelli)
2) as long with the TIV, show the date TIV was updated on the result page
3) when choosing TIV from 1 location, having the possibility to classify the TIV from highest to lowest (instead of alphabetical order of games).

Feel free to choose the suggestions you find useful.

Fixed the all locations before reading this - it was a simply parsing error.
The date updated can only be shown if you only pick one location, otherwise there simply wouldn't be enough room.
I plan on getting around to the "sort" field, allowing people to choose title, price, date updated, etc, which should cover most of those :)
prices are now up, too. how's the over-all file look?

Some updated ones

The Simpsons Game (360) - $8
Tiger Woods 08 (360) - $11
Dirt (360) - Not 100% sure, may have been $12 but definitely > $8

[quote name='danthemightyone']I hope you didn't trade it in at FS. EB still gives $35.[/quote]

Nah, I just asked a rep about it. He couldn't even spell Calibur correctly...
Traded at EB earlier today for $35. :)

you guys happen to have the SKU for soul calibur at FS? the database doesn't have anything even close to soul calibur in it for the name search...and the UPC for the PS3 version (0722674110075) is also blank.

Hi traded some in today:

- neksus, thanks for all the hard work, if there is any help you need let the community know, like ways to make it easier for you to update the site - maybe something like wiki where ppl can add it manually without you doing all the udpates, i dont know just throwing ideas out.

Oct 28/08

Wii:

Cars - $4
Mortal Kombat - Armaggedon - $11
Silver Surfer - Fantastic Four - $7
Soul Calibur Legends - $7
SSX Blur - $11
Super Smash Brother Brawl - $35
Super Swing Golf I - $11

[quote name='kesh8']Hi traded some in today:

- neksus, thanks for all the hard work, if there is any help you need let the community know, like ways to make it easier for you to update the site - maybe something like wiki where ppl can add it manually without you doing all the udpates, i dont know just throwing ideas out. [/quote]

User registration is almost complete - once that's implemented I plan on creating a system wherein users can simply "suggest" or "recommend" a new, current, updated price and users with modification status can "accept" the suggested price, thereby updating the system. I was thinking of incorporating some type of points system as well, but not sure what the points would do other than provide recognition.

xbox360
Guitar Hero 2 - $20
Orange Box - $20

wii
Legend of Zelda - $30

DS
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - $8
Mariokart DS - $20
Hotel Dusk - $6
Pokemon Pearl - $20

Oh no I know >_> It's just the fact that you can get 67% back for a year old game that that I'm amazed at. Even brand new games get

i was wondering if i trade in halo 3, gears of war and kane and lynch, can i get a game for free like fallout 3?

Traded In:

XBOX 360:
- Cars MaterNation - $8
- Harry Potter, Order of Phoenix - $8
- Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga - $8

PS3:
- Burnout Paradise - $8

Wii
- Fire Emblem - $20

bread's done
Back