[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='4show']i was wondering if i trade in halo 3, gears of war and kane and lynch, can i get a game for free like fallout 3?[/quote]

If they're all over $8 TIV, then yes.

usually most EBs require your games to have manuals in order to be used for Trade-in deals (at least none of mine have ever accepted a game with no manual for a T3G1F). If you're really lucky you might get someone who either doesn't know the rules, or doesn't care.

I noticed a new sign at a local EBGames today (at least I never noticed it before) but it listed a lot of restrictions on trade ins for promos.

i.e. must have manual, no duplicate titles, etc

It was placed pretty prominently on the counter so maybe they're trying to enforce it more now.

[quote name='TripleQ']I noticed a new sign at a local EBGames today (at least I never noticed it before) but it listed a lot of restrictions on trade ins for promos.

i.e. must have manual, no duplicate titles, etc

It was placed pretty prominently on the counter so maybe they're trying to enforce it more now.[/quote]

I saw that at a couple EBs too. It has the logos for "Trade 3", "Get Extra Credit", etc. None of the employees seemed to know it was there. Maybe they're killer aliens disguised as innocuous policy signs?

tried trading in games today, some store say they'll only take in trade 3 for one on the weekend or saturday / sunday. Some stores don't enforce it, if there is a new guy or something. Does anyone know anything about this...it was such a hassel, I tried to trade 3 for 1 like on thursday and had to go to like 3 eb stores before I got one to accept it.

Feature request, if possible: One the "printable version", could there be an option to include the "last updated" field in some way (like in the main report). Either by:

1) Including the column itself (or an option to include it) like you do where you select if you want EB, BBV or FS trade in value columns
2) Limiting the report to only TIV that have been updated in the last couple months (unless it does that already?)

Thanks!

Ds-castlevania Portrait Of Ruin Tiv Is Not $8 Anymore & Nfs Carbon For Xbox360 Is Not $11, I Went To Eb Today, Both Didnt Work

I eavesdropped while someone else was trading, and got some values:

PSP Ys: The Ark of Napishtim- $8
Wii: Medal of Honor: Heros 2- $8 I think. It counted.

PSP Spyro $7 didn't count
DS Zelda $3
Metroid Fusion $3

I've never liked the arrow to indicate a stale listing. I'm used to a special graphic pointing out a new thing in a UI (ie: An arrow or colored graphic beside a thread with a new post).

Based on my experiences with EB, any listing older than two weeks may be out of date, and anything older than a month-- well, I wouldn't trust my $9.99 with it. Given that, I'd say to show anything more newer than 21 days in the "highlighted" style, and anything equal to or less than 21 days in the "regular" font. Use the same parameters for filtering.

(Ideally, someone could log in and set their custom preferences for color and date range-- but hey, that's called "feature creep", and you should be paid for that much work. =) )

Just made a run for GoW2. Here are the values:

360:
Assassin's Creed - $11 (BV sells it for $15... take a look)
GTA4 - $25
Madden 08 - $2
Guitar Hero 3 (game only) - $7

Xbox:

Psychonauts - $1 (tivs.ca is very wrong about this, it lists it at $8)

[quote name='fett_72']Just made a run for GoW2. Here are the values:

Psychonauts - $1 (tivs.ca is very wrong about this, it lists it at $8)[/quote]

for me, the most important thing to remember when using tivs.ca is to check the date. if i'm looking at bbv for games that qualify, i'll really only pick up anything updated in the last month. the psychonauts price was last updated over a year and a half ago. haha

[quote name='fett_72']Xbox:

Psychonauts - $1 (tivs.ca is very wrong about this, it lists it at $8)[/quote]

The rest of the line reads...
$8...2/5/2007
It hasn't been updated in 21 months :p

traded in some games at EB and Blockbuster today.

Facebreaker, C&C3 Kane's Wrath, Bully and Scene It (game only) all for 360 were 25 each, Smash for wii was 35 (i held on to that one) at EB Games.

Smash was like 15 at blockbuster (going back to eb for that one) and wario ware and nhl 09 gave me 42 combined.

[quote name='doctorofstyle']traded in some games at EB and Blockbuster today.

Facebreaker, C&C3 Kane's Wrath, Bully and Scene It (game only) all for 360 were 25 each, Smash for wii was 35 (i held on to that one) at EB Games.

Smash was like 15 at blockbuster (going back to eb for that one) and wario ware and nhl 09 gave me 42 combined.[/quote]

Are you sure those aren't bumped up values due to the trade in promo at ebgames? The TIV I got for C&C3 Kane's Wrath was $11 today.

Traded these in today.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion - $11
Trauma Center: New Blood - $11
Super Mario 64 DS - $15
Kirby Canvas Curse - $8

Got Gears of War 2 and Mirror's Edge pre-ordered.

I tried trading in Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires for the 360 but it went from $13 to $3. Please update that!

[quote name='TripleQ']Are you sure those aren't bumped up values due to the trade in promo at ebgames? The TIV I got for C&C3 Kane's Wrath was $11 today.[/quote]

ah how come i didn't think of that lol
i thought the bump from bully and c&c were quite high :p

[quote name='neksus']The rest of the line reads...
$8...2/5/2007
It hasn't been updated in 21 months :p[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that. That doesn't mean it's wrong, just old. Just letting you guys know.

[quote name='TripleQ']Are you sure those aren't bumped up values due to the trade in promo at ebgames? The TIV I got for C&C3 Kane's Wrath was $11 today.[/quote]

[quote name='neksus']ah how come i didn't think of that lol
i thought the bump from bully and c&c were quite high :p[/quote]

must have been... sorry guys - we'll just leave it at >8 then.

Got a couple of values today.

Elebits for the Wii is still $9 as of today.
Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars for the Xbox 360 is up to $11 as of today.

I tried to trade in Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy for the "Trade 2 + $10" deal but they said it wouldn't work. Anyways, all I know is that the game has a TIV under $8 (I was kind of in a rush so I didn't ask for the exact TIV)

BBV TIV Nov 5 2008: (in alphabetical order ;) )
MLB Powerpros Wii - 3$
NHL 2K9 Wii - 20$
Super Monkey Ball Banana Bliz Wii - 3$
Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure Wii - 3$

I did not trade them in, I was only curious. I will probably go check to EB soon (if I take the time to find 2 games for the 2 games +10$ promo).

I just got back from EB, here's some trade in values.
Wii
Code Lyoko - $8
Madden 07 $11 (what a great TIV for a 2 year old game!)
360:
Tiger woods 07 $8 - (again, fantastic!)
PS3:
- Clive Barker's jericho $7 - (needs updating on tivs.ca)
DS
Simcity DS $5
PS2
Raw Danger, VF4 $1, Yakuza 1 $3
Used the first 3 for T3G1F for resistance 2!

[quote name='Median']Trauma Centre New Blood (Wii) - $14
Gears of War (360) - $11
Dead Rising (360) - $8[/quote]

Sweet! I may have to trade in all of these... actually! Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='craig64']Sweet! I may have to trade in all of these... actually! Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

No problem. I was surprised about Gears, it went down to $7 a little while back but it came back up. :D

EB and BBV TIV Nov 6 2008: (in alphabetical order ;) )

Wii: (were asked at BBV on Nov 5, did not ask them again)
MLB Powerpros Wii - 7$ EB
NHL 2K9 Wii - 20$ EB
Super Monkey Ball Banana Bliz Wii - 6$ EB
Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure Wii - 4$ EB

PS3:
Formula 1 Championship PS3 - 22$ EB, 12$ BBV
GTA 4 PS3 - 25$ EB, 20$ BBV
Motorstorm - 7$ EB, did not take the bundled Motostorm at BBV
NHL 09 PS3 - 35$ EB, 24$ BBV

Therefore, nothing much to note.

Does someone know the TIV for monster hunter portable 2 ? I know its very hard to find this game in retail but its not like eb cares...

Here's some Future Shop TIVs from today:

Geometry Wars Galaxies (Wii): 10.80
Star Trek Conquest (Wii): 8.40
GTA San Andreas (PS2): 8.40
Battle of the Bands (Wii): 3.80
Resident Evil 4 (PS2): Not Accepted
Socom Confrontation: 13.80, but they could't process it for some reason. Seemed to be a problem with their system, not because it was a "Not for Resale" title.

Trade ins from today:
Trauma Center(DS): 8-10 I can't remember
Touch Detective 2 1/2: 8
PDZ LE: 10
Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian(360): 11
GH3(360): 7

Rock Band AC/DC Track Pack Xbox 360

EB: wouldn't take it because it had a "cd-key"
FS: wasn't in their system yet
Blockbuster: $20

Some EB values for today.

DS: