[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some updated Blockbuster trade in values. I'm quite shocked at some of the amounts i got back for some games:

XBOX 360:

Left 4 Dead: $30
F.E.A.R.: $10
GRAW 1: $10
MLB 2K8: $10
Fight Night Round 3: $10
Grand Theft Auto 4: $16
Call of Duty 4: $15
Earth Defense Force 2017: $2

Trade in value as of Jan 1st, 2009

[quote name='Lockescythe']ugh 20$ Might just keep it then. *got it during 2 for 40 to get Fallout 3 with it*[/QUOTE]

yea i was thinking about trading it in too, got it during the 2 for 40 to get Soul Calibur 4, Fallout 3 is amazing btw!

hail to the chimp - 360 - 8-10
alone in the dark - wii - 11
conflict denied ops - 360 - 20
nfs underground - psp - 10+
midnight club la remix - psp - 10+

[quote name='canadiancrowe']Does anybody have an updated Rock Band 1 (ps3) trade in value. I just bought it from blockbuster, for the songs, and want to know how much ill be getting back.[/quote]

Unless you got it cheap, you should have just rented it or borrowed it from a friend. I think the TIV is about $22 (tivs.ca), but that was in November.

[quote name='poison_bret_michaels']Here are some updated Blockbuster trade in values. I'm quite shocked at some of the amounts i got back for some games:

XBOX 360:

Call of Duty 4: $15

Trade in value as of Jan 1st, 2009[/quote]

PS3 version of COD4 was also $15 :shock:
R6V was worth $6, probably a decent value. With COD4, I'm going to try my luck at EB and FS. If I don't get something decent, I'll try and trade it here.

Good news, I traded The Simpsons and Pan's Labyrinth Blu-Ray for $10 each, I thought that was decent, especially for PL since I bought it for $10 at BBV. A $1.30 movie rental :lol:

22 as of yesterday. swapped my bro's copy for my copy of rockband 2 i got for 15$, paid the 5 dollar export fee, so i only made 2$ on the trade with my brother but hes a good kid haha

Hey so, I think I already asked this, but what's the TIV for a PSP-2000? Do they do trades on MS Pro duos (I assume not)? Also, MHF2 TIV would be nice =D

EDIT: Phoned myself, 1000 gets $50 and 2000 get $60.

January 10,2009
EB Games

Xbox 360
Soul Calibur 4-$20
Star wars force unleashed-$24
Gears of War 2-$35

DS
Tetris DS-13
Pokemond Diamond-20
Mario Kart-22

January 11, 2009

EBGames

Wii
Animal Crossing: City Folk - $25.00
Mario Super Sluggers - $20.00
Wii Music - $13.00

Blockbuster

Wii
Animal Crossing: City Folk - $25.00
Mario Super Sluggers - $16.00

As of Jan 11, 2009

PSP
PSP-2000 hardware (w/battery and adapter) - $60
MGS Portable Ops - $5
Wipeout Pure - $2
Metal Gear Acid 2 - $3
GTA Liberty City Stories - $6
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - $5
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - $7

DS:
Guitar Hero On Tour (w/controller) - $16

I picked up the EB winter 2009 mag and noticed the back cover has a Most Wanted list of games. They're giving $35 for Fable 2, GOW2, SSBB, and Mario Party 8. Resistance 2 and LBP gets you $30.

I guess there must be some unlisted games also worth $35 like my COD4 was. It might be a good time for CAGs to investigate, unless someone has a better list...

[quote name='craig64']That's insane to get $35 for COD4! I'm seriously considering this. Was it for 360 and PS3?[/quote]
He said it was PS3. I'm pretty sure the 360 version is still at $25, PS3 games hold their value much better than their 360 counterparts.

Just checked these 2 games today:

Jan 14 '09

PS3:
Grand Theft Auto 4 $35 (it went up)
Socom Confrontation $15 (game only)

I bought Socom with the headset combo @ amazon.ca when it was on sale for $34.99 after the (- $10 coupon) a month ago so trading in the bad game for $15 was pretty sweet.

January 14:

Quantum of Solace (X360) - $30 EBG / $22 BBV
America's Army: True Soldiers (X360) - $12 EBG / $15 BBV
Children of Mana (DS) - $12.50 EBG / $2 BBV

Jan 17

All XBOX 360

Viva Pinata - 2 dollars at BBV and EB
Assassin's Creed - 10 dollars at BBV and EB (!)
GH 2 -$10 at BBV, $15 at EB (!)
GH 3 -$12 at BBV, $2 at EB
NBA 2K7 - $10 at BBV (!)
Mass Effect -$10 at BBV, $9 at EB
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - $10 at BBV (!)
FNR3- $10 at EB (!)

[quote name='FrogNinja']Jan 17
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - $10 at BBV (!)
[/quote]

WAT. Is that the first one? I might try and get rid of the copy I got when I got my Xbox.

Did not trade these in, but did get quotes

EB Games (As of January 16, 2009)
Mortal Kombat vs DC (PS3) $30
Prince of Persia (PS3) $30
Star Ocean First Departure (PSP) $12

Can't believe GTA4 is still $35 for the PS3. A few years ago, I was done with San Andreas on the PS2 and went to EB to trade it in and they would only give me $8 for it; they had too many copies in their store. I went to Blockbuster, who had just started their Game Rush here in Canada and they gave me $40. Usually, EB lowers their credits on trade ins before anybody else.

[quote name='Median']WAT. Is that the first one? I might try and get rid of the copy I got when I got my Xbox.[/quote]

Yes. BBV has a trade in promotion where most games are 10$ minimum when you trade in...you don't even need to trade in 10 games at once b/c all of it is on their computers. I'm in Toronto though, so check you local BBV, if you aren't?

Also they require the original casing...my 360 came with GRAW packed in a sleeve though so I don't know what to do :cry:.

[quote name='FrogNinja']Yes. BBV has a trade in promotion where most games are 10$ minimum when you trade in...you don't even need to trade in 10 games at once b/c all of it is on their computers. I'm in Toronto though, so check you local BBV, if you aren't?

Also they require the original casing...my 360 came with GRAW packed in a sleeve though so I don't know what to do :cry:.[/quote]

I'm in Brampton so I'm sure I'd be able to get it, but my game is in a sleeve too :(

General shout out:

What things would you guys like to see on tivs.ca?
An order of priority wouldn't hurt, either. I've got a few things done, but haven't released them to the public yet as the site still doesn't have a design. I suppose I could just get everything together and keep it basic, for now...

Feel free to think outside the box - if it's a great idea and I can think of a way to do it it will be considered.

[quote name='neksus']General shout out:

What things would you guys like to see on tivs.ca?
An order of priority wouldn't hurt, either. I've got a few things done, but haven't released them to the public yet as the site still doesn't have a design. I suppose I could just get everything together and keep it basic, for now...

Feel free to think outside the box - if it's a great idea and I can think of a way to do it it will be considered.[/quote]

i'd like to see the date included on the printout page, possibly w/ an option to sort by date.

the ability to sort by column in the non-printout view could be useful too, though w/ the printout form, it's not really necessary.

bread's done
Back