[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb. 4th EB games
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed :360: $37
Strangle Hold :360: $8
Rayman RR (the first game) :wii: $9
Endless ocean :wii: $11
Transformers :360: $9

Thanks Neksus and tymcg for the new numbers on the above cheap games. I traded in 3 for a game guarantee version of Resident Evil 5 :)

feb 4 (eb)

360:
dead rising: $13
fight night round 3: $10
battlefield 2 - modern combat: $1

ps3:
harry potter - order of the phoenix: $10

to anyone looking to do the trade 3, all three titles >$8 were available at bbv for 9.99. keep an eye out.

[quote name='cm matty']feb 4 (eb)

360:
dead rising: $13
fight night round 3: $10
battlefield 2 - modern combat: $1

ps3:
harry potter - order of the phoenix: $10

to anyone looking to do the trade 3, all three titles >$8 were available at bbv for 9.99. keep an eye out.[/quote]

Thanks for the info on Harry Potter, I used that today on the trade 3. I can also confirm that...

Resistance 1
Forza 2
Command and Conquer 3 : Tiberium Wars (360)
Assassin's Creed (360)
Conan (360)

... all still work.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Thanks for the info on Harry Potter, I used that today on the trade 3. I can also confirm that...

Resistance 1
Forza 2
Command and Conquer 3 : Tiberium Wars (360)
Assassin's Creed (360)
Conan (360)

... all still work.[/quote]

conan's back up over $8 eh? i may have to pick up a cheap one and preorder killzone 2 or something.

[quote name='Lockescythe']holy crap. Forzas 8+

dang.[/quote]

Hmm...I really would like to play it as it's pulling down my completion percentage (played it for about a half hour when I first got my 360), but with my backlog I really can't see me busting it out anytime soon. Might be time to get rid of it while it's worth something! I can always pick it up again for under $10 I imagine lol

[quote name='neksus']I can always pick it up again for under $10 I imagine lol[/quote]

Yeah, I actually picked it up at The Source today for $5... and that was for the Collector's Edition. Normal edition was $10, strangely.

Edit: But just to be clear, I only traded in the disc and kept the pretty box (lol), so that $8+ TIV should work for anybody.

ah nice to see another cag'er from guelph! I was in the mall yesterday payne and just happend to go into the source after visiting the girlfriend, scored big!

Got mvp baseball, tigerwoods and vampire rain for .96 cents each! i wanted the psp games and i figured I could trade in vampire rain to blockbuster and now i know most games are going to be worth 10$ so i guess it was worth while.

Picked up forza 2 ce (ENGLISH, not your french copy :p) kane and lynch, mass effect, fight night, lair, burnout revenge, condemned 2, spiderwick chronicals, trauma centre new blood, kingdom hearts for gba, and my fav, psp replay (mutant league football!!!)

what else did ya snag?

Future shop
Unreal tournament 3 - 360 - 18
tna impact - 360 - 18
Nba live 09 - 13.20

haze - ps3 - 8.40

Ebgames
orange box - 360 - +8$
harry potter - ps3 - +8$

[quote name='JnJosh']ah nice to see another cag'er from guelph! I was in the mall yesterday payne and just happend to go into the source after visiting the girlfriend, scored big!

Got mvp baseball, tigerwoods and vampire rain for .96 cents each! i wanted the psp games and i figured I could trade in vampire rain to blockbuster and now i know most games are going to be worth 10$ so i guess it was worth while.

Picked up forza 2 ce (ENGLISH, not your french copy :p) kane and lynch, mass effect, fight night, lair, burnout revenge, condemned 2, spiderwick chronicals, trauma centre new blood, kingdom hearts for gba, and my fav, psp replay (mutant league football!!!)

what else did ya snag?[/quote]

Ah, so you're the one who picked up that last copy of Lair! I should have known it was someone from here. Ah well, I also got Kane and Lynch, C&C3, and Mercs 2, so it was worth the trip. Guess I'll just have to be faster next time :D

BBV 2/5

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars 360 $16

They wouldn't take it though, said some guy traded in a stack of them earlier.. wonder where that came from :p

Probably some are duplicate...

:wii: Star Wars The Force Unleashed - $25
:wii: Castlevania Judgement - $20
:360: Tomb Raider Underworld - $20
:360: Rise of the Argonauts - $24
:360: Mortal Combat vs DC - $35
:ps3: Prince of Persia - $37

I got SF4 for Super Monkey Ball (Wii), Stranglehold (360) and Conan (360). Don't recall the individual values, but I was pretty pleased. I don't think I could get $23 each selling them privately.

as of 2009-02-07

EB
Fallout 3 360 - 40
Assassin's Creed 360 - 16

WarioWare Smooth Moves Wii - 30
Kung Fu Panda Legendary Warriors Wii - 16
007 Quantum Solace Wii - 30
Spyro Dawn of the Dragon Wii - 20
Call of duty 3 Wii - 30

007 Quantum Solace DS - 11
Call of duty World at war DS - 16
Kung Fu Panda Legendary Warriors DS - 13

FS
Call of duty World at War Wii - 35
Trauma Center Second Opinion Wii - 18

EB as of FEB 7th

Wii golf thing that they have for 9.99 - $ 2
Mario party 7- No value.... wtf
ps2 DDR Extream - 8 :D
ps2 God of War 2 - 6!!!?? :(
ps2 DDR supernova - 6.
DS Elite Beat Agents - 9
ps3 Rainbow Six Vegas - 9

i didnt trade GOW2, DDR SN and Mario Party 7....

i did the T3G1F with DDR E, EBA ( i got this for 9.99 at blockbuster... ya ya The source has it for 5 bux but they are cleaned out i think) and i baught Rainbow six vegas for the ps3 at the same EB, and did it :p ( it was 15 bux used, trade value was 9)

they let me do last gen games as T3G1F :)

Street Fighter 4!!!! whoooot!! im done for few months ;)

yayyyy for a smile goes a long way! !!!

EB as of February 7th

DS:
Elite Beat Agents - $9 (also on sale for $10 at Superstore)

Wii:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - $30
Okami - $19

360:
Virtua Fighter 5 Online - $6
Need for Speed: Most Wanted - $15
Crackdown - $13
Prince of Persia - $40

Traded NFS, EBA and Crackdown for RE5 pre-order in full =D

[quote name='neksus']seriously?[/quote]

Dead. Still had ~10 copies at the Strathroy, ON store. I think I'm the only one to have taken advantage of any of the 'blowout' sales at the Superstore (this and the PS3 HDMI cable for $10 which I also convinced my friend to buy).

I'm not complaining, though =D I may get a copy of EBA for my personal collection.

Awesome. I'll have to check it out tomorrow...I'm one game short of pawning off some stuff...although according to thesource's clearance outlet I have some driving around to do, too...

I know this is on EB's trade promo this month, but I just thought I'd let everyone know that Crackdown is trading at $13 right now. Not bad. I traded that and COD4 ($37), and picked up the Xbox Live kit with the chat pad and PGR4 for $30.

Today 2/8, all for the 360

EB:
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway $15
EndWar $12
Prince of Persia $40
Crackdown, Conan, C&C3 all still qualify for T3G1F (but one guy told the other to stop taking them since they've already got a bunch in)

FS:
Brothers in Arms $13.20
EndWar - $22.80
Far Cry 2 - $35 on the website, POS said $13.20 so YMMV.. some people won't override it)

[quote name='neksus']lol
PGR4 is trading for $10 right now![/quote]

Haha, I noticed that on tivs.ca too. I'll probably play it for a few minutes, and then trade it in. I'm not a huge fan of racing games in the first place... with the exception of DIRT.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']This is a freakin' launch title. :lol:[/quote]

yep and it was under 8$ when i tried to trade it last year.

I guess it's an antique now :p

Hey guys, just got back form an EB in Vancouver Island some surprising results:
$3 Stranglehold (woo! ;))
$37 Zelda:TP
$30 Brawl
$30 Mario Galaxy
$8 Rayman Raving Rabbids
$25 Excite Truck (o_O)
$30 Wario Ware Smooth Moves (O_O)

Yeah $163 for a bunch of year old titles, woot! :)

[quote name='The Main Event']As of today 02/09/09,

Sonic & The Secret Rings Wii - $8

I'll have to trade it quick![/quote]

Oh awesome news! I do need to do T3G1F, and to get rid of this game would be awesome!

02/09/09:

Future Shop:
Lost: Via Domus (360) - $8.40 (still)

I also asked if he could check the price of AC/DC Rock Band (360). He just searched the computer (didn't scan any barcodes - I dunno how they usually do it so I figured i'd mention it). He said it was 13.20 (called Rock Band Track Pack 3 in the computer). I'll update if I trade in the actual game.

What are the "official" Trade 3 titles at EB these days? I got SF4, I know RE5 is another, but I have seen "Trade 3" cases for a couple of other games. Obviously they weren't that memorable, but with values seemingly enjoying a renaissance, I'm kinda interested.

I pre-ordered Killzone 2 and Halo Wars: Collector's Edition yesterday. Used GRAW:2 (PS3), Rainbox Six: Vegas (PS3), Crackdown, Fallout 3 (PS3) and MGS4.

Pretty sure I'm gonna have to find a way to pre-order Halo wars. It'll only cost $10 as opposed to the $60 on amazon for the CE...only have two applicable games right now...I really gotta finish some of the games I own :S

bread's done
Back