[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried trading in both Track Pack v2 and AC/DC Rock Band for PS3 around end of November (only needed the download code) and EB said there was no TIV in the system for it..

Can I ask if any of you know if there's TIV for it now? I think I saw BBV taking it in at the website but the value is outdated

[quote name='rkenshin']I tried trading in both Track Pack v2 and AC/DC Rock Band for PS3 around end of November (only needed the download code) and EB said there was no TIV in the system for it..

Can I ask if any of you know if there's TIV for it now? I think I saw BBV taking it in at the website but the value is outdated[/quote]

i tried trading the 360 version in at bbv and eb about a week ago. neither would take them. future shop gives 13.20 for the 360 version.

As of Sat Feb 21 - EB Games
EB - Assassin's Creed PS3 - still $16 TIV (traded it in, bought it for $15 at Zellers when they sold stuff for 50% off of $30 regular price).

[quote name='cashinstinct']As of Sat Feb 21 - EB Games
EB - Assassin's Creed PS3 - still $16 TIV (traded it in, bought it for $15 at Zellers when they sold stuff for 50% off of $30 regular price).[/quote]How does this game even have a $16 trade in value still ?

[quote name='habsfan08']ebgames

Guitar Hero 3 ps3 10$ (didn't trade in, thought it was 22$)[/quote]

Must have gone down in TIV sometime ago. I traded it away for the World Tour game when it was $22.

EB tivs:

PS3:
Rainbow Six Vegas = $7 (damn should've traded it in when it was $8 last week)

PSP:
Syphone Filter: Logan's Shadow = $12

Xbox360:
Condemned 2 = $11
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 = $16
Ace Combat 6 = $15
Virtua Fighter 5 = $6
Dead or Alive 4 = $7
Blue Dragon = $6
The Darkness = $4

Wii:
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific = $15

And yes, to those of you who've noticed, I recently posted some of these game's tivs, but decided to wait until I had some more games of mine to clear so that I could trade in as well. I didn't think the prices would change that much. Guess I learned my lesson: trade-it in as soon as possible.

*Wow, I didn't realize that my post became the 1500th~! I milestone for us CAGers. :)

[quote name='afterburn999']anyone know why Burnout paradise 360 only have a tiv of 7 bucks and ps3 version is 9 ?[/quote]

ps3 games usually hold the value better. usually

[quote name='Ryusei']anyone know how much id be able to trade in my phat psp for? cant find the charger tho and i changed the faceplate...[/quote]

Complete, $90. Not sure what you'd get for yours though.

Feb 26, 2009.

EB Games

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway :360: - $15.00
Guitar Hero: World Tour :360: - $20.00
FEAR :360: - $7.00
FEAR Files :360: - $6.00
FEAR 2: Project Origin :360: - $37.00

Yay for paying off me RE5 pre-order..Boo that FEAR 1 wasn't T3G1F compatible. :(

EB GAMES

Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise - $19

also yay for paying off RES pre-order..but still have to pay tax i believe right cause on reciept it said i paid for 69.99 no tax included on the reciept.

[quote name='rkpoole49']EB GAMES

Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise - $19

also yay for paying off RES pre-order..but still have to pay tax i believe right cause on reciept it said i paid for 69.99 no tax included on the reciept.[/quote]

No, it's totally paid for. EB gave you 69.99 of store credit, which is tax free. If anyone asks you to pay tax, don't do it! Talk to a manager/corporate, because they're making a mistake.

Does anyone know what I'd get for a complete DS Phat at EB Games? I'm planning to get a DSi, and I wouldn't mind using it to make the $170-200 more manageable.

Probably not useful as this is a promo that'll end on the 28th but:
EB Games
Wii - Super Paper Mario - $30
Wii - Super Mario Strikers - $30
Wii - Pokemon Battle Revolution - $30

[quote name='Firestorm']Probably not useful as this is a promo that'll end on the 28th but:
EB Games
Wii - Super Paper Mario - $30
Wii - Super Mario Strikers - $30
Wii - Pokemon Battle Revolution - $30[/quote]

I wouldn't have paid you $30+tax for them, but still, wouldn't mind having the first two games. =\

[quote name='Bencherstyle']oh, and to everybody know, they only do T3G1F on weekends now :/[/quote]

Uhh.
I did one on Thursday and Friday.

^ then your Eb is not informed. thats the new rule, my EB had the rules for the trade ins.

another promo is you get 20 dollar more trade in valune when you trade 5 games....

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^ then your Eb is not informed. thats the new rule, my EB had the rules for the trade ins.

another promo is you get 20 dollar more trade in valune when you trade 5 games....[/quote]

I think your EB is pulling a fast one over on you.
The T3 promo has not changed at all.

[quote name='neksus']I think your EB is pulling a fast one over on you.
The T3 promo has not changed at all.[/quote]

lol thats what i thought, pure bulls****?

but they have a print out that clearly saids the new rules.... i beleive they got this recently. if your Eb didnt get this, do the T3G1F while you can....

[quote name='neksus']Maybe they're confusing it with the special T3G any game weekends?[/quote]

Wait I thought the trade-3 deal was for any (preordered) game?

[quote name='kathos']Wait I thought the trade-3 deal was for any (preordered) game?[/quote]
The T3G1 is always on for a specific list of major releases, usually only 5 or 6 at a time, but then they have special T3G1 Weekends which is for any preorder.

I traded in Warioware Smooth Moves for $30 and just got the Edge Discount Sticker for $5 no tax..

The clerk told me that if I keep enough money on my Edge Gift Card to buy a game I want, i wouldn't have to pay any tax..

Is that true? Like I can load it up with cash and use it on the same visit to save like $5-10 in taxes? lol

[quote name='rkenshin']I traded in Warioware Smooth Moves for $30 and just got the Edge Discount Sticker for $5 no tax..

The clerk told me that if I keep enough money on my Edge Gift Card to buy a game I want, i wouldn't have to pay any tax..

Is that true? Like I can load it up with cash and use it on the same visit to save like $5-10 in taxes? lol[/quote]

[quote name='Spades22']If it is, I want to know how much an Edge card costs right now :D[/quote]

He is saying that EDGE can store your TRADE CREDIT.
TRADE CREDIT IS NOT TAXABLE.
$50 CREDIT EQUALS TO A $50 GAME.

YOU CANNOT load money on to an EDGE CARD.
You can only load money on a GC, which is TAXED.

[quote name='Ryusei']hmm does anyone know wut the trade in value is for a ps2? and if theres a difference between a slim and a phat one?[/quote]
so...noone knows?

and on the side note, how much does a wii console trade in for?

[quote name='kathos']Wait I thought the trade-3 deal was for any (preordered) game?[/quote]Hasn't happened since around 2006 or early 2007. It's been a specific list since then with certain weekends where you can do any game.

bread's done
Back