[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gamer602']Then you have alot to learn in the world of Trade values....

this is not surprising at all...[/quote]Interesting... when do you suggest I should trade in my copy of Socom Confrontation?

March 15, EB Games

PS3 TIVS
Deadspace = $20
Prince of Persia = $37
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC = $30

Hmmm, I'm thinking of trade POP to pay off some of my DSi pre-order, it really had no replayability

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']I don't know if any of you know about this site, but its pretty good...

http://www.tivs.ca/

I use it to find out what all my trade-ins are worth.[/quote]

Thanks, but I'm guessing you haven't read the first post of this thread lately. ;):)

lol.

No one has an updated EB TIV for Civ Rev, do they? I knew I should have traded it in a few weeks ago. Bah, I'll give 'em a call.

Yeah I know.
I've had limited time as of late to work on the website, as I've had to design the invitations and website for my wedding this summer :)
Between that and essays/midterms, the time I have had has been used to work on the behind=the-scenes stuff. I'm getting pretty close to being able to finally open it up to the public! Actually...I should probably get a few beta testers first lol
That said, the invitations go out tonight and the website has to be done by Monday, so I should have a bit more time coming up :_

well, congrats on the wedding then! i know what a time sink it can be ;) i guess once you're married you'll have more time to work on the site too, since you sure as hell won't be playing games :p

haha
things will stay pretty much the same
we've been engaged for almost 2 years and have been living together for most of that, along with our 17 month old son :razz:

And tivs.us :)
Just registered it yesterday...plan on opening it up to our friends south of the border as soon as .ca is complete.
I've gotten emails from a few people, so I figure I may as well try it. I have no vested interest in the American version, though, so the community tools will have to be complete before it goes live because I'm not trolling waaaay more threads to keep the us version updated!

Alright I have a ton of stuff that I just traded in at EB earlier this week, here goes..

XBOX 360

Battlefield: Bad Company - $18
Blue Dragon - $6
COD4:MW - $37
Eternal Sonata - $10
FIFA 08 - $6
Forza 2 - $3
Gears of War 2 - $37
GTA IV - $25
Halo 3 - $25
Kameo - $3
MLB 2k7 - $2
MLB 2k9 - $35
Oblivion - $16
Splinter Cell DA - $5
Viva Pinata - $2
--
Xbox 360 Controller - $15
Xbox 360 Console - $50
Xbox 360 20GB HDD - $7

------------------

PSP

Astonishia - $2
Final Fantasy - $6
FF: Tactics - $5
GTA Liberty City Stories - $6
Harvest Moon Boy/Girl - $7
Innocent Life - $3
Justice League Heroes - $3
Legend of Heroes 2 - $5
MLB The Show 07 - $4
NHL 07 - $3
Syphone Filter Dark Mirror - $5
The Warriors - $5
--
PSP Console (old fat version) - $90 - This was a special they had going on, not sure when it ends.

-----------

Again, these were all at EB earlier in the week, hope it helps!

Mar 20/09

Xbox 360

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 - $27.00
Assassin's Creed - $16.00
Bioshock - $16.00
Skate - $16.00

PS3
Star Wars Force Unleashed - $37.00
NHL 2K9 - $11.25

Wii
Metroid Prime Corruption - $30.00

[quote name='neksus']360?[/quote]

That would be my guess. I don't think EB takes opened PC games... and well, its only on MS platforms.

[quote name='adayinthelife']Alright I have a ton of stuff that I just traded in at EB earlier this week, here goes..

[/quote]

You gave eb all those for $3-5? Should have offered them for sale here. the PSP NHL 07 sells for good money on ebay for some reason. lots of us would have given you more for the whole lot. Mail one parcel and done. The console ones would have all been $10 at least at bbv.

[quote name='zoro69']You gave eb all those for $3-5? Should have offered them for sale here. the PSP NHL 07 sells for good money on ebay for some reason. lots of us would have given you more for the whole lot. Mail one parcel and done. The console ones would have all been $10 at least at bbv.[/quote]

His 360+controller+HD was worth less than his PSP (at EB), and both would've gotten him a lot more selling it privately/eBay. Maybe he just quit gaming? I'd pay $72 for a 360.

[quote name='Ryusei']anybody know the trade in value of an xbox 360 and wut i need along with it in order to trade it in?[/quote]

See above. Most consoles need a controller and cables. Not sure if you need a HD/memory unit for a 360, though. :)

march, 20th, 09

ds
cars - maernational - $7
elite beat agent - $8+
007 rogue agent - $8

xbox360
cod 3 - $16
godfather - $7
space chimp - $8
tenchu z - $1
kingdom under fire 1 - $10

wii
rayman 1 - $8
rayman 2 - $8
sam and max - $7
tak 2 adventures - $7
aerosmith guitar hero - $2
winter sports I - $15

ps3
devil may cry - $11
army of two $10

did a little game run today for trade 3 weekend at EB games, these titles all worked for trade 3

Xbox 360
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Guitar Hero 2
Assassin's Creed
Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Dead Rising
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Far Cry 2

PS3
Resistance: Fall of Man

picked up pre-orders for Alpha Protocol, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Ghostbusters

also got $40 for Call of Duty: World at War (360) used that towards Riddick

btw tried Dead or Alive 4 but I think it came out to $7 tiv

Last edited by a moderator:
Fallout 3 PS3 - $40
NFS Undercover 360 - $37
Saints Row 2 PS3 - $37
Uncharted - $37
Rock Band 2 350 - $30
Ratchet ToD PS3 - $24 (kept)
Contra 4 DS - $7 (kept)
Kirby Canvas Curse - $8 or $9 (kept)

Did a trade 3 for Wheelman, used Super Princess Peach ($22) Kirby Squeak Squad ($9?) and Yoshi Touch & Go ($15 or $19?). I'm more likely to play Canvas again instead of Peach, which is why I traded that one instead despite the high value.

I wonder what Resident Evil 5's (PS3) TIV is. I'm almost done, just 6-2 and 6-3 to go. I'd like to use it towards either Chronicles Of Riddick: Dark Athena, Eternal Sonata or Valkyria Chronicles. I probably will EBay it for $45 if they don't give me $40+taxes.

Alright klepto, since you found your way over here, you're going to have to start using some better grammar. I'm not expecting proper everything, but you've gotta make more legible posts than some of that crap on RFD :razz:

kleptodathief could you please at least use capital letters in the proper places ;)

Years ago I was listening to a employer at a store describe what he looks for in résumé. He had on particular way of sorting through them. If they had bad grammar, spelling and the incorrect use of there, their and they're. They went in the trash.

[quote name='neksus']Got a rough date? Tuesday? Wednesday?[/quote]

Tuesday, the 17th.

[quote name='zoro69']You gave eb all those for $3-5? Should have offered them for sale here. the PSP NHL 07 sells for good money on ebay for some reason. lots of us would have given you more for the whole lot. Mail one parcel and done. The console ones would have all been $10 at least at bbv.[/quote]

I didn't end up trading in the 360, I'm not THAT crazy. As for the games I really didn't care/want to take the time and deal with people wanting to buy things individually. I'm well aware there was more money to be made selling everything off but I don't have the time to put up like 20+ different games for sale. In a perfect world someone would buy the whole lot but we all know that ain't gonna happen.

I ended up mixing and matching a lot of those games to make use of the various trade in deals they had going on, but those were all the base values.

[quote name='Ryusei']anybody know the trade in value of an xbox 360 and wut i need along with it in order to trade it in?[/quote]

You get $50 for the console, cables and one controller; you need all of that stuff to be able to trade it in. You get a separate value for the HDD and any other stuff you have with it.

Do you guys think the trade in value for aerosmith will go up? Since it is on the wanted list lol.
I assume they will go up after the 9.99 deal is over?
or not lol

[quote name='Xeph820']Do you guys think the trade in value for aerosmith will go up? Since it is on the wanted list lol.
I assume they will go up after the 9.99 deal is over?
or not lol[/quote]

Most likely. It's been $10 at least 3 other times and has gone back up a few days after the promo each time.

[quote name='RoganSarine']Mario and Luigi: PArtners in Time for the Nintendo DS is $22 if someone could update that.

The last update was dated back in september/october[/quote]

No problem :)
Also, it was last updated in July :razz:

[quote name='RoganSarine']Mario and Luigi: PArtners in Time for the Nintendo DS is $22 if someone could update that.

The last update was dated back in september/october[/quote]

I really should get rid of this also. I've had it for years and have attempted to play it numerous times but just can't get into it. Maybe I'll wait until I have a DSi to give it another try.

anyone know the price of a 'refurbished' 360 at eb? thinking of picking one up just for the sake of playing a couple of games...lol

bread's done
Back