[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
TIVs on Mar 22

EB
Assassin's Creed = $16
Folklore = $18
Resistance 2 = $37
Silent Hill = $18

Futureshop
Assassin's Creed = the CSR couldn't look this up so he could not tell me tiv
Folklore = $22.80
Silent Hill = $13.20

Edit: All are PS3 games

Last edited by a moderator:
After summing up the prices for my xbox 360 games on tivs.ca

My total comes to 237$-ish

Now I just don't believe that I'm going to get that much money for my games.

But thats what it says.

I don't know how much my normal Xbox Console, 2 controllers will go for.

-----------------------------------

My games are;

C&C
Army of TWO
Madden 08
MLB 2k9
MLB 2k8
NHL 09
NHL 08
Outfit
G.R.A.W 2
Guitar Hero 2
FIFA 06
Fight Night Round 3
Dead Space
COD 5
Def Jam Icon
GTA IV
----------------------------------------

Any info on the pricing of the normal console and X2 controllers?

[quote name='General Disarray']After summing up the prices for my xbox 360 games on tivs.ca

My total comes to 237$-ish

Now I just don't believe that I'm going to get that much money for my games.

But thats what it says.[/quote]

Just to make sure - this site indexes Canadian prices...if you live in the States you'll get different values.

[quote name='neksus']Just to make sure - this site indexes Canadian prices...if you live in the States you'll get different values.[/QUOTE]

Oshawa, Ontario my man.:D

So I take it that will be the amount I will be receiving?

[quote name='General Disarray']Oshawa, Ontario my man.:D

So I take it that will be the amount I will be receiving?[/quote]

Should be pretty close, assuming the dates were pretty recent.

[quote name='General Disarray']Just so you all know, everything I had equaled out to 357$.

Basically I paid 50 bucks for a PS3!:bouncy::bouncy:[/quote]

Do you still have your receipt?
Can you post the trade in values you received for the games?

[quote name='neksus']Do you still have your receipt?
Can you post the trade in values you received for the games?[/QUOTE]

Xbox Console - 50$
60GB HDD - 40$
Wireless controller -15$
---------------

Outfit - 6$
Def Jam Icon - 11$
NHL 08 - 3$
C&C 3 - 8$
Fight Night 3 - 7$
COD 5 - 40$
MLB 2k9 - 35$
Guitar Hero 2 -15$
US Civil War - 15$
NHL 09 - 37$
MLB 2k8 - 5$
Army of TWO - 10$
GTA IV - 25%
G.R.A.W 2 - 5$
Dead Space - 20$
Madden 08 - 4$

Equaling - 351$

Hmmm... 40 for Fallout is tempting. I loved the game, but now that I've done everything I can... and with me having no space on my HDD for the new DLC it might be time to trade it in. I just can't think of what I'd use the credit for right now...

NHL 09 is kinda tempting since my brother and I never play it and it freezes on me lots, anyways >_> It would help towards MadWorld or Platinum.

[quote name='craig64']Hmmm... 40 for Fallout is tempting. I loved the game, but now that I've done everything I can... and with me having no space on my HDD for the new DLC it might be time to trade it in. I just can't think of what I'd use the credit for right now...[/quote]
You could probably still sell the game easily on craigslist/kijiji for $45-$50.
I don't know about you folks, but I'd take cash over credit.

It's $40 + tax though, so about $45 total. Plus you have to play email tag and meet up with someone. Credit doesn't expire so you can just sit on it.

And I'd recommend trading in any sports games, because next year's version is just around the corner. *still waiting for NHL 10 for Wii*

Well, NHL 10 is probably coming out around Sept. And strangely, NHL 09 is the game I've been playing the most recently.. there's been quite a resurgence for that.. I think the TIV used to be like $12?

[quote name='TripleQ']Well, NHL 10 is probably coming out around Sept. And strangely, NHL 09 is the game I've been playing the most recently.. there's been quite a resurgence for that.. I think the TIV used to be like $12?[/quote]

Yeah the TIV was really low. It's on the most wanted list which changes on April 4th. I don't know if they are going to keep the high value but, i dumped my copy as I have been hardly playing it.

Playoff time causes sales to jump for NHL 09?
Just like the DLC release caused GTA IV to jump did it not?
Same with F03 - people are seeing all the DLC coming and have heard about the 100+ hours of main campaign.

100+ hours of campaign?
The campaign is maybe 10. If you do the other quests you can easily clock in at ~30-80, depending on your difficulty and skill.

I played on the hardest, and had 1000/1000 at around 45 If I recall correctly.

I would also like to pick up the DLC...but 3 different packs adds up =/

Does this make sense to anyone???

Tax Laws Regarding Trade Ins Options
button_options.gif
Jackpot
Emerging Expert
p.gif

p.gif

Job Title: Associate
Store: St. Albert

p.gif

Hello gamer602, The Tax law you cite is outlined under 'GST/HST Technical Information Bulletin B-084' which is available on the Canadian Revenue Agency's website.

The tax exemption only applies if the trade in and purchase occur in the same transaction and there is a provision for store credit as outlined:

The trade-in approach does not apply where a supplier offers a person a credit note or coupon for the value of used tangible personal property (or a leasehold interest therein) credited as a trade-in allowance where the coupon or note is applied in full or in part against unspecified future deliveries of tangible personal property.

Therefore, a tax exemption does not apply to gift cards.The reason the Edge card is able to collect on the 'tax free' aspect is because of a clause for "Advance Trade Ins" as outlined:

A trade-in occurs when a supplier makes a supply of tangible personal property to a recipient and the supplier accepts other property from the recipient. Where a person trades in used tangible personal property (or a leasehold interest therein) on a specified future purchase or lease of other property, or where the property would be delivered at a later date, the trade-in approach will be allowed.

The reason that the Edge card can take advantage of this is because the edge card is registered to a specific person and the tax exemption can only apply to the person whom made the trade in.

FutureShop Gift Cards are not registered and are not applicable in regards to the "Advance Trade In" and only apply to the part regarding gift cards.

Hope this clears things up a bit.
16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Kathos????Can you translate this FS speak??
I know for a fact that EDGE cards are NOT registered to anyone.
Is Microplay the same?

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Colin Millions
Entertainment Lead Hand
Store 747 - St.Albert,AB

[quote name='neksus']100+ hours of campaign?
The campaign is maybe 10. If you do the other quests you can easily clock in at ~30-80, depending on your difficulty and skill.

I played on the hardest, and had 1000/1000 at around 45 If I recall correctly.

I would also like to pick up the DLC...but 3 different packs adds up =/[/quote]

Okay the main story is maybe 10.
By campaign I meant adventuring in every single "marker" on the map and completing every single quest gets you to 100+ hours.
And the DLC is awesome! I don't really think about the Marketplace points costs anymore. Since I discovered this and RFD I'm not exactly paying full price for anything game related, and I have more than enough credit to pick up the new stuff when it comes out (I bought but haven't played LOst & Damned for GTA IV yet!) The FO3 DLC makes an awesome game longer and that's sweet! Operation Anchorage reminded me of GoldenEye from the N64 days. It's too bad you don't get GS for completing it stealthily though. And the suit of armor you get for completing it: NICE.
I hear the 2nd pack The Pitt is glitched but I but when they patch it: A whole new city and higher level cap! SWEET!

Just for clarification, The Pitt is back on the marketplace and working now.
Also, this is not the pack that increases the level cap, that'll be Broken Steel next month.

Honestly, Fallout is purely what you put into it. It's sort of like saying GTA is a 25 hour game. Yes, that's about what it is with just the main missions, but everyone knows you can get much more out of it if you enjoy the other little things. FO3 DLC is no different, it's short on the main-quest but you're buying it for more atmosphere, new experiences, and new exploration possibilities... which is basically what makes Fallout 3, Fallout.

So asking reviewers (or peers) to put a gameplay number down in hours is tough and probably misleading.

My opinion? While I didn't experience much of the game, I think it's an incredible feat and one of the more innovative titles in a while.

^^ that is true, and perhaps my question was misleading or too brief. If one were to complete everything available in each of the DLC packs, what time would you be looking at, roughly? Or simply, is it worth $10? I recently played through Mass Effect again, and did almost side-mission you could...I relish in games that take hours to complete and offer more than just a main quest. Fable, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, KOTOR, the list goes on!

[quote name='game_fanatic']^^ that is true, and perhaps my question was misleading or too brief. If one were to complete everything available in each of the DLC packs, what time would you be looking at, roughly? Or simply, is it worth $10? I recently played through Mass Effect again, and did almost side-mission you could...I relish in games that take hours to complete and offer more than just a main quest. Fable, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, KOTOR, the list goes on![/quote]
then you would LOVE FO3.
the only drawback is you max out you Xp before you get all the "perks" (the special skills) but that's also a plus if you're the type of person that will play through again as a the opposite spectrum (Good or Evil) to see absolutely everything.

My understanding is that Operation Anchorage is pretty short and just a lot of combat. I do admit I like IGN reviews, I find they tackle the "replayability" question quite fairly, and they mentioned:
You don't do a whole lot beyond fighting in Operation: Anchorage. There are a few small story sections, but most of the download is spent tearing your enemies to bits. Towards the end, you'll even get to put together a small assault squadron of teammates for some of the largest battles Fallout 3 has seen yet. In other words, if you're looking for much beyond a straight combat romp, Operation: Anchorage might disappoint you.
That to me suggests that OA isn't a great download for the price, but I have a strong feeling that both Pitt and Broken Steel will be much better packages. Particularly with GTA now setting the bar for "meaty DLC" with their recent new campaign.

As well, with the level cap being raised (see above poster), that's going to give people a ton to do with the new expansion pack(s).

[quote name='Rocky071']Honestly, Fallout is purely what you put into it. It's sort of like saying GTA is a 25 hour game. Yes, that's about what it is with just the main missions, but everyone knows you can get much more out of it if you enjoy the other little things. FO3 DLC is no different, it's short on the main-quest but you're buying it for more atmosphere, new experiences, and new exploration possibilities... which is basically what makes Fallout 3, Fallout.

So asking reviewers (or peers) to put a gameplay number down in hours is tough and probably misleading.

My opinion? While I didn't experience much of the game, I think it's an incredible feat and one of the more innovative titles in a while.[/quote]

In my description I said I did absolutely everything.

Fighting = broken.
I played on the hardest difficulty, and once you get the hang of VATS is pretty impossible to die.
My level 20 combat-shotty gets 6 (yes, six) headshots to the had at 96% accuracy with 100% chance of crit. If any of those kill the enemy, my VATS gets restored to full.
The Pitt is sidequests (read, move to new areas) instead of fighting, but the level cap isn't being raised for a few more months.

Eh guys,

I feel bad about trading NHL 09... I don't play it anymore, but I guess its value will drop like a rock after the playoffs...

How was it like with the other NHL games? Do their value drop rapidly after the end of the season?

Thanks!

[quote name='ProfNut']Eh guys,

I feel bad about trading NHL 09... I don't play it anymore, but I guess its value will drop like a rock after the playoffs...

How was it like with the other NHL games? Do their value drop rapidly after the end of the season?

Thanks![/quote]

EB, BBV, and FS were all offering $20-23 for it in Feb.
I wish I had held on to it a a little longer!

NHL 09 will be worth 20+ dollars at futureshop in August just like MLB 08 is worth 22.80 now, if its anything like the last year with 08 and evidently with baseball this year

Trade in NHL 09 now if you're not playing it... if you really feel bad about it, it will be $5-$10 to buy in a couple of years (like the 07 titles are now). Or just know you're going to put it towards NHL 010.

TIVs today from EBGames
Xbox 360 Battlefield: Bad Company $12
Xbox 360 Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $15
Xbox 360 Mercenaries 2 $18

BBV no longer takes Wartech

[quote name='TripleQ']it will be $5-$10 to buy in a couple of years (like the 07 titles are now).[/quote]

Man, not even... I saw NHL 2K7 for $1.25 in EB today!

It's kinda funny - NHL 2K7 will indefinitely be played by more people than NHL 09 because of the achievements, even though 09 is a much better game.

bread's done
Back