[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Neksus, are you only updating the TIVS if the dollar amount CHANGES?
I notice some of the dates aren't changing when you get more recent updates.
Isn't it more useful if we see the most recent TIV even if it's staying the same?
I know it must be a pain in the ass with so many submissions now and real life to attend to.
But you're doing a great job. Site of The Year, easily. Just my one concern.

Okay two concerns lol
You aren't putting the decimal fractions in the Blockbuster TIVS?
Just a time and space thing? You list em for FS. Just curious.

They have done $7.50 TIVs in the past, mainly when we abused the hell out of T3G1F with cheap BBV games.

Also they have many TIVs < $1

[quote name='j940651']Neksus, are you only updating the TIVS if the dollar amount CHANGES?
I notice some of the dates aren't changing when you get more recent updates.
Isn't it more useful if we see the most recent TIV even if it's staying the same?
I know it must be a pain in the ass with so many submissions now and real life to attend to.
But you're doing a great job. Site of The Year, easily. Just my one concern.

Okay two concerns lol
You aren't putting the decimal fractions in the Blockbuster TIVS?
Just a time and space thing? You list em for FS. Just curious.[/quote]

Dates are changing? Got any proof to backup your claim they aren't?

Hadn't set up the other two for decimals, and they were supposed to be temporary...may have to change them all to fractional values though with these places getting tighter.
Either way, it usually isn't that much more helpful to know something is $2.50 instead of $2

[quote name='neksus']Dates are changing? Got any proof to backup your claim they aren't?
[/quote]

not a claim. something i THOUGHT i saw. i'm not sure we're talking about
the same thing though...

so you're saying: every TIV you get, you enter it, even when the amount
has NOT changed? you enter the new dates and leave the same amount?
or do you keep everything the way it is if it's just a new date?

[quote name='j940651']not a claim. something i THOUGHT i saw. i'm not sure we're talking about
the same thing though...

so you're saying: every TIV you get, you enter it, even when the amount
has NOT changed? you enter the new dates and leave the same amount?
or do you keep everything the way it is if it's just a new date?
[/quote]

Yes.
You can't just enter a date or a value - the new row contains the most recent value and the most recent date. By confirming that the latest value is still the same, you update the date to the date that value was posted as well.

[quote name='neksus']Yes.
You can't just enter a date or a value - the new row contains the most recent value and the most recent date. By confirming that the latest value is still the same, you update the date to the date that value was posted as well.[/quote]

Thank you! I pledge to read more closely and not doubt you.
And then I post some tivs:

EB Games

Def Jam Icon (360) - $11
Amped 3 (360) - $18
Dead Rising (360) - $13
Motorstorm 1 (PS3) - $10

Blockbuster

Def Jam Icon (360) - $2
Dead Rising (360) - $2
Motorstorm 1 (PS3) - $3
EndWar (360) - $16

Hmm, not sure what use thsi would be (maybe fun if BBV adveritises min $10 again?), but may be of interest for those who tradef in instead of getting superior value on goozex or C2C sale:

There have been several questions in regards to whether or not we do price matches on trade in values, the answer is yes!

I got my response back and they have told me to treat it like any other business and as long as I can find evidence of a better price, match it. So that's the scoop folks!
Colin Millions
Entertainment Lead Hand
Store 747 - St.Albert,AB

http://www.futureshopforum.com/futureshop/board/message?board.id=gaming&thread.id=3417

All from EB Games today (April 9, 09):

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS3) - $35
Resistance 2 (PS3) - $37
Fallout 3 (PS3) - $40

[quote name='zoro69']Hmm, not sure what use thsi would be (maybe fun if BBV adveritises min $10 again?), but may be of interest for those who tradef in instead of getting superior value on goozex or C2C sale:

There have been several questions in regards to whether or not we do price matches on trade in values, the answer is yes!

I got my response back and they have told me to treat it like any other business and as long as I can find evidence of a better price, match it. So that's the scoop folks!
Colin Millions
Entertainment Lead Hand
Store 747 - St.Albert,AB

http://www.futureshopforum.com/futureshop/board/message?board.id=gaming&thread.id=3417[/quote]

Does tivs.ca count? lol

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here, but...

These games don't exist:

Godzilla Unleashed (PSP) $3.60 2/6/2009
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (PSP) $13.20 2/6/2009

Should probably be removed from the list.

Gotta love Future Shop giving values for games that don't exist :)

I'll remove the games later tonight, just on my way out. Thanks for that, though.

April 9, 2009 (EB Games)
NHL 2k9 (Wii): $30
Star Wars The Force Unleashed (PS3 and 360): $37

I believe Blockbuster is now selling the PS3 version of The Force Unleashed for $30, so that looks like a good trade-in opportunity if your local Blockbuster has any copies.

I just sold my first game! To Future Shop (Victoria, B.C.):

Ultimate Block Party (PSP) $13.20 2/6/2009

Value listed exactly as shown at http://www.tivs.ca . Great resource, thanks neksus!

DS @ ebgames
Transformers Decepticons vers. - 4
Transformers autobots - 7
transformers cartoon - 7
cooking mama - 7
skate it - 7
simcity creator - 12.50
NFS undercover - 8
Madden 09 - 8

[quote name='neksus']Gotta love Future Shop giving values for games that don't exist :)

I'll remove the games later tonight, just on my way out. Thanks for that, though.[/quote]

Frame City Killer (listed under the 360 section) doesn't exist either, cancelled before release. Also, GTA IV: Lost and Damned is listed, despite being downloadable-only.

Or maybe FS will give me $6 if I trade them a cardboard box and a piece of paper with a scratched up code? :whistle2:? Maybe klepto can try that out for the rest of us.

[quote name='zoro69']Hmm, not sure what use thsi would be (maybe fun if BBV adveritises min $10 again?), but may be of interest for those who tradef in instead of getting superior value on goozex or C2C sale:

Colin Millions
Entertainment Lead Hand
Store 747 - St.Albert,AB

http://www.futureshopforum.com/futureshop/board/message?board.id=gaming&thread.id=3417[/quote]I wonder if they match it and give you an addition 10% of the difference? :nottalking:

Hey probably the wrong thread, but searching 'EB Returns' was damn near useless. What's the return policy for used games at EB? I just bought Saints Row 2 for 360 and the two simply don't get along, so I wanted to see if I could get the PS3 version. And obviously the sticker is OFF.

EDIT: I said the sticker was on >____> It's not!

Traded the following in this afternoon (EBGames):

Star Wars: Force Unleashed (360) = $37.00

Saint's Row 2 (PS3) = $24.00

Little Big Planet (PS3) = $37.00

NHL 09 (PS3) = $25

As of April 11, EBGames

PS3
Resistance 2 = $37

DS
Animal Crossing Wild Word = $12

Noooo, I believe animal crossing dropped, it was like $25 a week ago

hopefully NHL 09 hasnt dropped, I plan to trade that in on monday

[quote name='gizmo29']hopefully NHL 09 hasnt dropped, I plan to trade that in on monday[/quote]

Just dropped to $25 a couple days ago for both 360 and PS3.

checked some xbox tivs today @ FS

Gears of War 1 = $13.20
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 (360) = $8.40

EDIT: R6V2 is 360 as well.

[quote name='thelaughingman']checked some xbox tivs today @ FS

Gears of War 1 = $13.20
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 = $8.40[/quote]

Is R6V2 360 as well?

[quote name='poopintime']Hey i wanna trade in both my GC and Xbox for anything i can get at only EB games (adding onto my previous store cred for a ps3)
anyone kno how much i can get for the consoles??
the links above aren't workin for me[/QUOTE]

I think you missed your window of opportunity. If I remember correctly EB stopped taking any Xbox products, so you may want to try using craigslist to get rid of it for some cash. Don't expect more $20... for the system a dollar a game if that and maybe like $5 per extra controller maybe be reasonable.

don't u guys hate how BBV marks up there games CD disc with BBV____(store number)....pisses me off! was gonna get sega rally revo for 5bux lol ,and burnout paradise x360 is 9.99 used there too , they even had a killzone 2 used for 49.99

I've only had a few discs from there that said that (they stopped doing it around here), but even the ones I did I had no problems trading away.

Some EB TIVS:

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP) $7 (Yikes dropped from $12 a week ago)
Mass Effect (Xbox 360) $2
Patapon (PSP) $6
Big Brain Academy (DS) $3

**April 14 2009

More EB TIVS:

Fifa Soccer '09 (Xbox 360) $20
NBA 2k9 (Xbox 360) $20
Street Fighter IV (PS3) $40

** April 15 2009

Sorry to keep you busy neksus ;)

Only takes a few seconds to update values now. I've gotten the user submission all set up and I just use that :)

Just trying to work out some design things for now...but can't seem to get any feedback =/

I need some people to say what kind of look they want the site to have, as the thing right now looks sooo outdated lol
I wanted to make it look like a notebook...but I haven't heard either way if people want the site to remain simple or switch to something more graphical.

I figure plain text will always load faster than images (desktops&mobile) :p

Personally I find it fine the way that it is, though I've only been exposed to your site for only a few months. Currently it loads fast, gets the job done, and just about everything is highlighted.

...and now this thread is turning into the suggestions one!

[quote name='neksus']Only takes a few seconds to update values now. I've gotten the user submission all set up and I just use that :)

Just trying to work out some design things for now...but can't seem to get any feedback =/

I need some people to say what kind of look they want the site to have, as the thing right now looks sooo outdated lol
I wanted to make it look like a notebook...but I haven't heard either way if people want the site to remain simple or switch to something more graphical.[/quote]

While "pretty" is nice, I'd prefere functionality over form. Sometimes I have to use my ipod touch with the tivs page already loaded on it (via wifi) while I am out shopping. I find that when the page is too large and detailed, the ipod will have to reload the screen when I push sleep/wake button. (so, in other words, I can only expand 3 platforms of tivs, not all 5 at the same time.) So, whatever the update, I'd request that you keep it simple please.

What kind of mobile device are you using?
After I get the full site up and running, I fully intend on updating the mobile site to follow suit so I can utilize my iPhone :)
After that, I plan on making a much easier to use app, which may or may not port to the Blackberry.

Simple, please. Overloading the UI will just make it slow, clunky and not very usable for mobile users.

Think about the Google home page. What do you want to do when you go there? Enter a search term, get results. So there's one box, one button.

When I go to tiv, I want to look up one game as quickly as possible, or instantly see a range of games at a glance. Less clicks to do that is better.

I like the minimalistic look of tivs. I go there, and everything is right there on one page. With one click, I can see the price of all PS3 games. They're sorted alphabetically so I can darn nearly instantly find the title I want. The highlight saves me from having to move my eyes off the titles to see the tiv. So one click, one scroll, one mental search, and no eye movement. Perfect.

[quote name='neksus']Only takes a few seconds to update values now. I've gotten the user submission all set up and I just use that :)

I wanted to make it look like a notebook...but I haven't heard either way if people want the site to remain simple or switch to something more graphical.[/quote]

[quote name='neksus']What kind of mobile device are you using?
After I get the full site up and running, I fully intend on updating the mobile site to follow suit so I can utilize my iPhone :)
After that, I plan on making a much easier to use app, which may or may not port to the Blackberry.[/quote]

I'm using the slowest of the slow -- HTC Touch. I've got a few different web browsers on it, and I remember having some issues last time I tried to use the site.

That said, I tried it just now and it seemed to work pretty well in Opera Mobile (which may be a newer version than the last time I tried it).

Still, if you're at work on a mobile version and you need any testing on Mobile IE (which is crap but I'm sure people use), let me know.

I've tried tivs.ca on my PDA with Pocket IE, and I can't open the tabs on the full version (probably a Flash issue: PIE sucks anyway), but the mobile site works fine.

bread's done
Back