[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='greywolf501']That will be a horrible day, that means 0% chance of any more 2/30, 2/40 sales.[/quote]
Possibly.
But think of all those movies and blurays!

Nice, Ninja Gaiden II works for T3. I can get it at work (Staples) for $10 =D

EDIT: Before I get too excited, what games are good for the trade in 3 (besides new releases)?

[quote name='neksus']I don't get the SNES reference? You mean on the GameCube?[/quote]

...it was my attempt at humor but i can see now that my humor is wasted on you people!

goodday!

yup it waws for GC,

all ps2s
One Peice Grand battle is 3 dollars
DDR extream 2 is 4 dollars
ATV fury 3 is 3 dollars
GT3 is 1 dollar.

damn, i should have traded in Mario party when it was 19 dollars :)

[quote name='Skardee']Nice, Ninja Gaiden II works for T3. I can get it at work (Staples) for $10 =D

EDIT: Before I get too excited, what games are good for the trade in 3 (besides new releases)?[/quote]

BBV is selling Battlefield bad company & Merc 2 for 14.99 each - 12% off coupon.

all for 360.... but i guess you knew that,

if you can't find games, i guess you'll be wasting 5 bucks, try conflict denied ops for ps3 or 360 ( 19.99 each) and socom.... (19.99)

[quote name='Bencherstyle']...it was my attempt at humor but i can see now that my humor is wasted on you people![/quote]

You mean your attempts at humour ;) lol
The SNES isn't really that old :razz:

[quote name='neksus']You mean your attempts at humour ;) lol
The SNES isn't really that old :razz:[/quote]

ouch:cry:
and the SNES is old! ... wait....

.... NES. 1985 -1995

...SNES. 1991 -1999

....huh.

.... is seemed like SNES came out such a long time ago...

[quote name='Bencherstyle']...it was my attempt at humor but i can see now that my humor is wasted on you people!

goodday! [/quote]

If you had said for GBA, then I think most of us would have gotten it right away :cool:

Today at EB:
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue $13
SOCOM Confrontation $15
Dead Rising $7

I was hoping for a T3G1F but Dead Rising must have dropped recently.

TIV$7 games are worth $7 credit, but TIV$8 game can be worth $20-$25, so it is understandable they want to give $7 only for a lot of games.

[quote name='kleptodathief']anyone notice the PLETHORA of 7$ tiv games? thats my new word of the day! :D[/quote]
At least it's better than 2Kturd

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Anyone happen to know what a 20G Xbox 360 Pro is trading in for right now?[/quote]

50 for the console
15 for the controller
under 10 for the hard drive

reason they are so low? EB DOES NOT WANT IT
sell the thing to someone for 140! who would say no!?

anyways, dont trade into eb, save them the pain of your console, they have too many, do not want it!

to add to your site,
resistance retribution - 18 psp

[quote name='kleptodathief']anyone notice the PLETHORA of 7$ tiv games? thats my new word of the day! :D[/quote]

Did you have a spelling test today?

I kid.

GCN (lack of) values:

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - $7.00
WWE Day of Reckoning - $0.50
Resident Evil Zero - $0.50

And no, I would never lie you. That last one is real. ;)

finally got rid of my gears of TURDO! :D can't wait to try that UFC game

345d5hz.jpg

it pissed me off my other games were 6,7,7 lolz, i wanted that batman game

As of April 29th, 2009 at EB Games:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3) - $27

A little bummed that it was $37 less than 2 weeks ago, but I can't be too upset considering I paid $22.50 for it at Blockbuster and had a hell of a time with it =D I bought NWN2 Gold with the credit and $3.40!

[quote name='4got10']As of April 29th, 2009

Wii

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast - $7.00
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $11.00[/quote]

Granted, you DID get rid of it, but is Barrel Blast really as terrible as all the critics say?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kleptodathief']na neksus, its a 'old' game, i just can't say it hehe its my bread and butter :D[/quote]

hmm I was in need of a "trade fodder" game today [sorry its my first time I think thats what you call it on here] I didnt know where to find that 25% coupon everyone is talking about but i did manage to pick up a copy of Resistance 1 for $9.99 I heard about in the other thread! klepto, is that your game? :bomb:

I traded in:
Resistance 1
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Pokemon Diamond
... sorry neksus, i forgot to ask the individual trade values :(

resistance 1 for 9.99? where at? blockbuster? assuming you mentioned the 25% coupon i hope my local blockbuster would have it next week, so busy this week >

[quote name='kleptodathief']na neksus, its a 'old' game, i just can't say it hehe its my bread and butter :D[/quote]

You do understand that this makes you retarded. You are leeching off of well, hours of hard work on many parties. I have spent probably 40-50 hours easily maintaining/updating tivs.ca and many many people have spent that much time by getting values to keep it updated. By not disclosing a game that could potentially help others is just retarded.
And you wonder why people make fun of you :roll:

klepto,
why not pm neksus the game name, and he can quietly update the page with it? Just like that, win-win for everyone.
A lot of people would love to know which game would give them $30 TIV, just like, oh, some people constantly troll multiple websites and constantly ask which cheap game will give them an $8 TIV. Try giving back to the community for once, you'd benefit way more than acting like some self-centred outsider. :whistle2:|

I just called eb games for some tiv on my games.

PS3
Rockband $6 =(
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $9 =)
College Hoops 2k8 $1 lol =(

Wii
Mario strikers charged $15 (wtf? a month ago it has been $30)

Do you guys think mario strikers charged tiv would go up after the game days are over?

Do you guys think I should trade it now or wait until gamedays are over.

thanks!

As much as I am not a fan of Klepto, I fail to see how his withholding a tiv value is any different that the elite Canada group that withholds the same information from the masses.

[quote name='Pavel6969']As much as I am not a fan of Klepto, I fail to see how his withholding a tiv value is any different that the elite Canada group that withholds the same information from the masses.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see any info on tivs being withheld in the CAG group, where did you see that? Really, he could be withholding something he found cheap and wants to prevent others from hoarding so he can continue to hoard himself. Apples and Oranges.

[quote name='Pavel6969']As much as I am not a fan of Klepto, I fail to see how his withholding a tiv value is any different that the elite Canada group that withholds the same information from the masses.[/quote]

It's hard to with-hold deals that are non-existant.
Truth be told, I hi-jacked the group and used it to beta-test the members section of tivs.ca. It actually worked out quite well, and fixed a few of the registration/login issues that I didn't experience, and hopefully it should be open soon.

Went to EB yesterday, traded in the following 3 games towards EA active.

Rhythm Heaven - $17 (Down from $22 on tivs.ca)
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $12
Victorious Boxers : Revolution - $11

I have no issue with the Canadian group. Basically all I meant was noone has to share anything if they don't want to. This is a sharing forum, and common courtesy states Klepto should be telling us what he's hiding, but it's not mandatory.

I love this site, I just wish people wouldn't expect everything. Appreciate what we have.

guyz, chill out, its just 1 mystery OLD TURD game thats ALREADY on the tivs.ca site, nothing new, its not like i got 10 copies of it haha, i only got like a couple, i just did my trade in the other day, hadn't been to ebg in months so i kinda got bored

[quote name='kleptodathief']any1 know the TIV of x360 'sneak king' ... please tell me its at least 99c , game is so old its prolly not even in the system lol[/quote]
EB doesn't even sell it as it's nothing more than a demo with achievements, so the TIV is $0

Here are some TIV's at EB as of May 1st

X360

Ace Combat 6 -$15.00
Midnight Club Los Angeles - $20.00

PS3

NHL 2K9 - $11.00

bread's done
Back