[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DEK141']How much would I have to pay on top of trading in "Alone in the dark" to get Pokemon battle revolution for Wii? I usually go to EB games in Aus, (that's where I live)
Please help![/QUOTE]

If by Aus, you mean Australia, the first thing you should know is it's pretty much a certainty that your values won't be the same as ours.

[quote name='randeep_25']EB Games:
Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $7
Skate (PS3) - $11[/QUOTE]

Wow, Guitar Hero 2 (360) was $8 last week. Lucky I used it just in time for the T3G1 for UFC.

EB Games, May 23rd 2009

Wii
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $25
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games - $14
Super Smash Brothers Brawl - $31
Wii Play - $7
Guitar Hero 3 (Software Only) - $18

PS3
NHL 08 - $3
FIFA 08 - $2
Heavenly Sword - $28
Madden 09 - $7

DS
Digimon World Dawn - $8

EB has a page of their "featured" TIVS up right now.
http://www.ebgames.ca/tradeinvalues.asp

if you've followed this thread over the months you know that
EB puts up and takes down their "featured" TIV list regularly.

i looked it over and checked it with TIVS.ca.
Hey Neksus! I saw that:

MK vs. DC Universe 360 - dropped from $35 to $27

Super Mario Galaxy Wii - dropped from $32 to $25

5 new PSP TIV entries!

Super Mario 64 DS - jumped from $14 to $25

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass DS - jumped from $12 to $16

Call of Duty 4 DS - jumped from $9 to $12

Call of Duty: WaW DS - dropped from $16 to $12

I was going to trade in a Copy of Fifa '09 for the psp at EB Games today but, was quoted $0.01 for it. The girl said that every Fifa '09 in the system is currently listed as $0.01 as a TIV. She said that usually happens with discontinued titles but, thought it might be just an error in the system. At any rate if you wanted to trade it in, perhaps now is not the best time :p

Other Titles:

Spider-man: Friend or Foe (PSP) $10
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII (PS3) $6
Genji: Days of the Blade (PS3) $7
Condemned 2: Bloodshot (Xbox 360) $7

EB Games - May 25, 2009
Eternal Sonata (PS3) - $15
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Ultimate Edition - $35

As of May 25/09, Eb Games,all 360

Call of Duty 4 - $27
Halo 3 - $19
Elder Scrolls 4/Oblivion - $14
Orange Box - $7
Fight Night 3 - $7
Turok - $6
Mass Effect - $4

EB Games - May 25

PS3 - Buzz Quiz TV = $16 (They don't seem to take the Buzz controllers)
PS3 - Guitar Hero World Tour = $25
PS3 - The Simpsons Game = $9
Wii - Metroid Prime 3 = $19

As of 5/25, EBGames values:

Gears of War (X360) - $7
Orange Box (X360) - $7
All-Star Cheer Squad (wii) - $7
Nancy Drew - Clue Bender Society (DS) - $6

I can confirm a ebgames TIV posted a few days back:
Legend of Zelda TP Gamecube - $7 =(

Some others:
Bomberman Land Wii - $9
Bomberman Land Touch 2 DS - $8
Conflict Denied Ops 360 - $15
Kung Fu Panda Wii - $10
Lost In Blue Wii - $10
NCAA Football 2009 Wii - $8
Pimp My Ride Wii - $5
Professor Layton DS - $10
Sonic Riders Wii - $8
Tomb Raider Anniversary PSP - $6
Tomb Raider Underworld Wii - $11
Wario Master of Disguise DS - $10

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (PS3) - 35 (FS) 15 (EB)
Motorstorm 1 (PS3) - 7 (EB)
Uncharted (PS3) - 22 (FS) 24 (EB)
NBA All-Play (Wii) - no listing (FS) 11 (EB)
Metal Gear Ac!d 1 (PSP) - 12 (EB)

Note: It seems like FS doesn't actually add tax on top of trade-ins despite it happened to a few guys a few weeks ago; I didn't get tax for trading in MPR.

EB, May 29:

PS3 Ridge Racer 7 $10
PS3 Sega Rally Revo $8
PS3 Enchanted Arms $7
PS3 Untold Legend $10
PS3 Viking $2
Wii Madden 08 $10
Wii MLB Power Pros 2008 $11
Wii Super Swing Golf Season 2 $10

EB Games, today, June 1, 2009

Cross Edge (PS3) - $36

Shame I'm going to have to trade it in so early. I really wanted to like it but I've never been frustrated with a game as quickly as I did with this one...

I got to ask. I was checking some of the TIVs and I noticed that some of the games I reported weren't added to the site, yet others which were after them were (for example C&C: RA3 for the PS3). Were they just missed or is there a selection process involved here?

[quote name='spzero']I got to ask. I was checking some of the TIVs and I noticed that some of the games I reported weren't added to the site, yet others which were after them were (for example C&C: RA3 for the PS3). Were they just missed or is there a selection process involved here?[/QUOTE]

Hmm I specifically remembered adding the game, I just forgot to enter in the tiv :razz:

[quote name='neksus']Hmm I specifically remembered adding the game, I just forgot to enter in the tiv :razz:[/QUOTE]

Cool!

Sorry, not being a prick, but I've noticed you updated C&C, but you never updated Eternal Sonata, which was right beside it in my post...

[quote name='spzero']Cool!

Sorry, not being a prick, but I've noticed you updated C&C, but you never updated Eternal Sonata, which was right beside it in my post...[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Honestly not sure how I messed that up. Must have gotten sidetracked after I added C&C to the db...

[quote name='Bencherstyle']...it was my attempt at humor but i can see now that my humor is wasted on you people!

goodday!

yup it waws for GC,

all ps2s
One Peice Grand battle is 3 dollars
DDR extream 2 is 4 dollars
ATV fury 3 is 3 dollars
GT3 is 1 dollar.
smile7.jpg

damn, i should have traded in Mario party when it was 19 dollars :)[/QUOTE]
If you had said for GBA, then I think most of us would have gotten it right away :cool:

EB Games:
Lost Odyssey - $15 (Though, the guy said it was suppose to go down last night).
Bolt (360) - $2
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia - $12

[quote name='ChaosKnight']EB Games:
Lost Odyssey - $15 (Though, the guy said it was suppose to go down last night).
Bolt - $2
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia - $12[/QUOTE]

consoles?

here's what i got at EB 30 mins prior to posting:

Dead Space 360 - $15
Lost Odyssey 360 - $15
Bolt 360 - $5
Wanted 360 - $20
Midnight Club:LA PS3 - $18

also

FS - Wanted 360 - $18

Hmm I dunno, not a huge fan of goozex, seems like a lot of effort, and I'm a stickler for new, sealed games; I'd hate to send off my Fallout 3 and get a crappy copy of COD5 in return.

With goozex, say I put up Fallout 3, and I request Halo 3 and Dead Rising annnd something else, can I keep those games forever, or is there an obligation to put them back on the website?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hmm I dunno, not a huge fan of goozex, seems like a lot of effort, and I'm a stickler for new, sealed games; I'd hate to send off my Fallout 3 and get a crappy copy of COD5 in return.

With goozex, say I put up Fallout 3, and I request Halo 3 and Dead Rising annnd something else, can I keep those games forever, or is there an obligation to put them back on the website?[/QUOTE]

You keep those games forever. It's not a rental service. ;)

I've done a couple trades on Goozex and I got a sealed copy of Rock Band 2, and sent out sealed copies myself. Just limit your trading region to Canada and you'll only have to pay about $2+bubble mailer to ship. Keep your requests to "full package" and you should get games in decent condition. If you're really paranoid though, request low-point high-TIV games and trade them in. :)

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hmm I dunno, not a huge fan of goozex, seems like a lot of effort, and I'm a stickler for new, sealed games; I'd hate to send off my Fallout 3 and get a crappy copy of COD5 in return.
With goozex, say I put up Fallout 3, and I request Halo 3 and Dead Rising annnd something else, can I keep those games forever, or is there an obligation to put them back on the website?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']You keep those games forever. It's not a rental service.
I've done a couple trades on Goozex and I got a sealed copy of Rock Band 2, and sent out sealed copies myself. Just limit your trading region to Canada and you'll only have to pay about $2+bubble mailer to ship. Keep your requests to "full package" and you should get games in decent condition. If you're really paranoid though, request low-point high-TIV games and trade them in. [/QUOTE]Goozex is awesome. It’s actually the trading website that requires the LEAST amount of effort (since it’s all automated)! If you DO get a bad copy (that doesn’t work – which hasn’t happened to me in over 100 trades)… Goozex covers you and refunds your points!

If you get a copy that isn’t in that great of condition but still works (which also doesn’t happen very often, I just get it resurfaced for $3 which is what I am saving in shipping, since you don’t have to pay for shipping when you receive games. And then I would leave that person +5 instead of +10 feedback and write a nasty comment on their account ;)

Also, games to the USA only cost $2 - $4 to ship, so opening up your trading region isn’t even bad. It also gets you games quicker.

I have received 3 or 4 sealed games as well.

And again, there is no obligation to send games you receive back out.

As of today EB Games

Battlefield Bad Company - 360 - 7$
Lost Odyssey - 360 - $15
Dead Space - 360 - $15

Not sure the exact price but both of these still work for T31F promo
Red Alert 3 - 360
Devil May Cry 4 - 360

As of june 5:

Dead Space 360 - 15$
Oblivion platinum hits - 12$
Lost Odyssey - 15$
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga - 7$
Armored Core For Answer - 7$
Orange Box - 7$
Bourne Conspiracy - 7$
Call of Duty 2 GOTY edition - 7$

All are for the Xbox 360.

FS 05/06/09

Fire Emblem Radiant (Wii) - $18

Star Wars FU (Wii) - $25
came up as 13.20 on database computer :cry:
came up as 25.00 on gift card maker screen :D

im told this type of thing happens when the TIV changes. it takes a period
for the POS system to catch up to the TIV database system.
sell your SWFU today?

Hmm, thanks klepto, Lone and dtp11, I may investigate goozex a bit more and jump on the bandwagon! It definitely seems more appealing to get a game like COD5 or Killzone 2 than just $40 TIV at EB or FS.

Heh, Fire Emblem Wii is $14.99 used at EB. You could use it at FS for the extra $10 credit promo (if you want those games).

Metroid Prime 3 (Wii) is $19 today at EB.

i went today to trade in a game and surprisingly, my receipt didnt mention anything about the $10 promo.

Instead it just has a coupon for $15 off Sims, Xmen, EA Active, or Punchout... weird =\

bread's done
Back