[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been shocked at how good the condition of every game I've gotten from goozex is. Even very old games that look almost new. I've got piles of past gen ones here I was going to offer but worry that condition isn't up to par for there. You do get requests filled much quicker opening up to USA. Certainly much better value there then the tiv deals at eb that get rfders all excited.

certainly glad to see the DS hoarders got screwed over so fast :)

Is it just me or does kleptop just bang his head against his keyboard and post? Isn't that spam?

Anyhoo,
Future Shop
[PS3] Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - $27.60 as of 06/05/09
Also, they don't give tax anymore apparently. Guy said that was a mistake in their system before and has been fixed...

confirmed TIV of DS and LO ...its both 7bux each TIV....epic failure for all the horders lolz
i guess EB HO wasn't sleeping on the job..u snooze , u looze! i fell asleep most of friday , o well shit happens! did manage to pickup ps3 fallout 3 for 26bux at FS

ivfvpf.jpg

[quote name='kleptodathief']confirmed TIV of DS and LO ...its both 7bux each TIV....epic failure for all the horders lolz
i guess EB HO wasn't sleeping on the job..u snooze , u looze! i fell asleep most of friday , o well shit happens! did manage to pickup ps3 fallout 3 for 26bux at FS

ivfvpf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Do you always refer to yourself in the 3rd person? Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode... :lol:

The TIVs were pretty much halved from last time, I guess EB H.O. was on the ball, kudos to them.

And comps to you too, I like the artwork on the receipts better than last time, very stylized scribbling.

EB Games
Prince of Persia Xbox 360 - $15
and as mentioned above, Lost Odyssey and Dead Space Xbox 360 - $7 each

*sigh* Too late for trade 3 get 1 free -_-

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts - $14
Halo 3 - $19
Gears of War 2 - $20
Lips - $13
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - $10
Spider-man Web of Shadows - $16

(all 360, all EB)

As of 06/07/09

BBV - Wanted: Weapons of Fate 360 - $35 !!!

CHA-CHING! Hello 3 $9.99 games with money left over.
Glad i didn't take EB's now sad looking $20 TIV.

as of 06/08/09

EB Games

Rayman Raving Rabids -360 - $11
Def Jam Icon -PS3 - $10
Def Jam Icon -360 - $11
Rapala Fishing Tournament -Wii - $19
Transformers -360 - $12

BB Video

Tiger Woods 09 -360 -$24
Rock Revolution -PS3 -$24
Motorstorm Pacific Rift -PS3 - $7.50

BBV confirmed at 12pm est. time ... LO = 10 bux DS = 18 bux still! course the guy said no more DS cuz he gotz too many haha , someone beat me to that store lolz

[quote name='kleptodathief']BBV confirmed at 12pm est. time ... LO = 10 bux DS = 18 bux still! course the guy said no more DS cuz he gotz too many haha , someone beat me to that store lolz[/QUOTE]

whatthe.gif

WHAT ARE YOU SPEAKING?

Final deciphered what that meant and it is embarassing

EB, June 9:
Wii MLB Power Pros $7
Wii Ninja Reflex $8
Wii Rayman Raving Rabbids $7
Wii Sega Superstar Tennis $6
PS3 Full Auto 2 $10
PS3 Beijing 2008 $7

FS, June 9:
PS3 Motorstorm Pacific Rift $35

EB, May 29 (this wasn't updated from my last post):
Wii MLB Power Pros 2008 $8

Not surprising about FS since the price of their used copies of games will stay the same even if they drop the price of new copies to below the used one. It's really screwed up but hey, almost free rental!

On their website it says they guarantee that their used prices will always be below new prices.. in practice that doesn't seem to be the case.

technically you could buy a copy of motorstorm open it. Trade it in and save 10$+ towards Tiger,Infamous or the other game for the trade 1 get 10$ extra thingy.

New EB Featured Trade Values page is updated Neksus.

Notably:

EA Sports Active Wii - falls from $37 to $30.
Guitar Hero: Metallica Wii - enters at $30
Punch Out Wii - enters at $30

Infamous PS3 - enters at $40
Godfather 2 PS3 - enters at $37

Fallout 3 360 - doubled from $20 to $40 !!!

Godfather 2 360 - enters at $37

Call of Duty: ROV PSP - enters at $20
Star Ocean 2 PSP - enters at $20

resistance is TWO bux now...biggest POS TURD! i got stuck with it lolz, it was valid on tuesday with 12 tiv, i guess alot of horders traded it in cuz i seen lots of stock at various ebgs

EB Games, June 11, 20XX:

Sacred 2 (360): $35
Metal Gear Solid 4: $19 (!)
Metal Gear Acid 1: $12
Gears of War 1: $7

Can't remember specifics, but Resident Evil 4 (Wii), Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Final Fanatsy VII: Crisis Core, and Bioshock (360) all still qualify for T3G1F.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']
[/QUOTE]
That's not bad, considering it was just announced as a greatest hit. But anyone trading in MGS4 = !

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']But anyone trading in MGS4 = ![/QUOTE]

Agreed! However, I had two copies after picking up the CE when it was 29.99 at Future Shop a few weeks ago :p

As of 6/12, all at EBGames:

Lego Indy (PS3) - $15
Sega UGC (PS3) - $11
Left 4 Dead (X360) - $20
Guitar Hero: World Tour (X360) - $15

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Agreed! However, I had two copies after picking up the CE when it was 29.99 at Future Shop a few weeks ago :p[/QUOTE]
I see. In that case, I won't hold it against you. :applause:

[quote name='doctor_payne13']EB Games, June 11, 20XX:

Sacred 2 (360): $35
Metal Gear Acid 1: $12
Gears of War 1: $7

Can't remember specifics, but Resident Evil 4 (Wii), Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Final Fanatsy VII: Crisis Core
, and Bioshock (360) all still qualify for T3G1F.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure about MGA and FFVII CC? I just saw those two selling for only $10 and $15 used.

[quote name='ducksoda7']Are you sure about MGA and FFVII CC? I just saw those two selling for only $10 and $15 used.[/QUOTE]

100% sure. I'm fairly certain that I even saw an employee putting a $24.99 or $29.99 sticker on Crisis Core as I checked out.

If anyone in Toronto is trying to unload Gamecube or Wii games, I found that Game Centre is giving way more trade in value for them than EB. It's not great, but I got about $5 or $6 each for games that EB was offering 0.50 to $2 each. They charge tax on credit though, unlike EB. Not cool, but nothing I could do about it.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']100% sure. I'm fairly certain that I even saw an employee putting a $24.99 or $29.99 sticker on Crisis Core as I checked out.[/QUOTE]
I'll have to take a second look. Thanks.

ya but duz that game center do TRADE 3 promos with turd tivs?
someone on RFD posted that Saints Row TWO game tiv at ebg wuz 7....anyone wanna shoot this down?

Thurs June 11th, 2009- Future Shop
Zelda Twilight Princess - Wii - 37$

Saturday June 13th, 2009 - EB Games
Killzone 2 - PS3 - 40$
Bionic Commando - PS3 - 35$

I can confirm that Metal Gear Acid (PSP) and Final Fantasy Crisis Core (PSP) both qualify for T3G1F. Also, you can find a used copy of Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007 (DS) for $15 at EB and it trades for $9 if you need a third game to qualify.

EB, called in today:
Big Brain Academy Wii Degree (Wii) - Still $15
MX vs. ATV Untamed (Xbox 360) - Still $12
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Wii) - Still $12

bread's done
Back