[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
You should probably just trade in Tiger Woods by itself and keep the M+ for Wii Sports Resort. That way you'll have two M+s. Also, EB will only give you chump change for it as they do most other accessories.

[quote name='Jbently']You should probably just trade in Tiger Woods by itself and keep the M+ for Wii Sports Resort. That way you'll have two M+s. Also, EB will only give you chump change for it as they do most other accessories.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll call them and see if they are selling Wii Sports Resort without the WSR. I'm going to need one either way.

Anyone know what EB is giving for Devil May Cry 4 PS3? They have it listed on their latest "Most Wanted" list

JULY 20TH,2009

Blockbuster Video
ALL 360:

Fracture $10
Earth Defense Force 2017 $10
Battlefield: Bad Company $10
Bourne Conspiracy $15
Lord of The Rings: Conquest $18 (bought for 8 :) )
Mirror's Edge $15

:)

[quote name='lustyhitter']EB gave me $37 and $5 for the Tiger Woods Package. $48+ altogether with taxes. I added $20.33 and will now have a copy of WSR on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Why trade in your M+ for another one? Table tennis, swordplay, etc. are pretty fun with two M+'s.

I would have given more than $5 (factoring shipping also) for a MotionPlus... to play Wii Sports Resort with two people!!! (without actually paying the BIGYE*(!H $25 asked for an extra)

To the last two posters:

I only have one remote and nunchuk. I don't have any plans to give Nintendo more money for their overpriced controllers at this time. Cheap Ass Gamers like me aren't going to spend $115 just so two people can play WSR.

[quote name='TripleQ']Blockbuster 7/22
Xbox 360 Call of Juarez Bound in Blood $38.50 (I'd update tivs.ca directly but it doesn't accept decimals for BBV)[/QUOTE]

Next week I should have some extra free time - I hope to convert the BBV/EB system to one similar to the Rogers Plus one.

Well, when you're logged in you can see the value of RP trade values in your "My Collection" page which shows the values of your games; otherwise, you can see the value when you go to submit a value (it will be the default value on the RP line). That said, currently there's only values for the 360 games (almost all of them!), aside from the ones in the flyer.

hey neksus just a quick question, when we update TIVs how soon is it until its updated on the actual tivs.ca site?
and do you want updates for BBV games even if they're flawed due to the $10 promo?

and for all those who didnt hoard MGS4...
TIV is back up to ten dollars at ebgames!!!

[quote name='thelaughingman']hey neksus just a quick question, when we update TIVs how soon is it until its updated on the actual tivs.ca site?[/QUOTE]

As soon as I approve the value :)

[quote name='neksus']Well, when you're logged in you can see the value of RP trade values in your "My Collection" page which shows the values of your games; otherwise, you can see the value when you go to submit a value (it will be the default value on the RP line). That said, currently there's only values for the 360 games (almost all of them!), aside from the ones in the flyer.[/QUOTE]

my collection? now i'm really lost. is there a new URL?
the site looks the same to me as it always has.

As of July 22, the following price haven't changed:

At Blockbuster:
The Last Remnant (X360) - $21
Hellboy: Science of Evil (X360) - $22

At EB Games: (all qualified for trade 3)
Prince of Persia (PS3) - $19
Rapala: Fishing Tournment (X360) - $10
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (X360) - $8

@j9:

http://www.tivs.ca/account/register/
Should allow you to register, and
http://www.tivs.ca/account/login/
Should allow you to login.

The passwords are stored via md5 hash, so try and use something you can remember. I haven't created something to reset it yet, but md5 is non-recoverable, meaning if you forget it, for now, you'll have to send me a pm to give you a new, temporary password.

Once you've logged in, you should be able to see a navigational menu at the top - if not, report back. If you encounter any errors or things that seem un-intuitive, let me know. The game collection page isn't pretty right now, it still needs a bit of work, as does some CSS styling of the FAQ page. If you think of anything to add to any part of the site, feel free to let me know.

The site is supposed to simply look clean, as many, many people requested to keep it basic for mobile browsing. I don't really have a problem with that, as it saves on bandwidth.

For the games page, I plan on incorporating a tracking stat which tracks when people trade in games, to keep track of the best fodder/how many times games get traded in/most owned/most popular etc.

Oh yeah! If you have visual errors/something looks weird, let me know what browser/version operating system you're using and send me a screenshot if you can (not too picky about that part). I guess that pretty much sums it up for now...

You can send me a private message or, preferably, an email to [email protected] or [email protected].

Have fun!

Also, I only tabulate submissions from directly through the site. I've thought of tracking it by who submits stuff on the forums...but it would be a headache.

I must stress to everybody the coolness of adding games to your collection, and then viewing your collection, either through the community tab (which just shows pictures of the games) as well as through your own account tab, which shows you the values of your games at all locations at the last known time. Saves me a crapload of time!

[quote name='neksus']@j9:

http://www.tivs.ca/account/register/
Should allow you to register, and
http://www.tivs.ca/account/login/
Should allow you to login.
[/QUOTE]

if i could add something to the FAQ or Tips, whatever.
ALWAYS open purchased used games at BBV and check them for scratches.
if they are scratched - and that's where you're going to get a scratched game nearly every time - Blockbuster.
get them to RESURFACE it then and there. it's free with your receipt.

nearly all the games i get from BBV lately are scratched to hell and have no manuals. the manuals missing will slide with most EB reps.
but im getting more and more reps that want cash or credit and even bump down qualifying T3 games because of scratches.

Around here it's standard practice not to allow games with missing manuals for T3 at EB. Normal credit is fine, but not for T3 games. Luckily you can see into Xbox/PS3 cases to check if there's a manual, but not with Wii games.

[quote name='TripleQ']Around here it's standard practice not to allow games with missing manuals for T3 at EB. Normal credit is fine, but not for T3 games. Luckily you can see into Xbox/PS3 cases to check if there's a manual, but not with Wii games.[/QUOTE]

you can shake the box and listen of theres a sliding manual or not :D
...or at least, i do that... :lol:

Hey guys, just a shameless plug for those already registered on RFD:
Basically just plugging the signature :)
Also, help Firestorm out here. You know you love us!

[quote name='neksus']Hey guys, just a shameless plug for those already registered on RFD:
Basically just plugging the signature :)
Also, help Firestorm out here. You know you love us![/QUOTE]

You and Firestorm got my vote! Gotta support the CAGs!

Anyways, what's the prize for winning?

[quote name='spzero']You and Firestorm got my vote! Gotta support the CAGs!

Anyways, what's the prize for winning?[/QUOTE]

"$50 Amazon.ca gift card, a RedFlagDeals.com T-shirt, and a plaque commemorating the achievement!"

Woot!

After trading some games to EB last night, so as of July 23rd:

360:
Too Human - $8
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $5

Wii:
House of the Dead 2&3 Return - $6
Wii Play - $9

PS3:
Fallout 3 - $40

Last edited by a moderator:
as of 7/24

FS

360 - Call of Duty 4 GOTY - $37
360 - Call of Duty 4 - $37
PS3 - Guitar Hero: WT - $22.80

BBV

360 - Over G Fighters - $10
360 - Project Slypheed - $10
360 - Sonic Unleashed - $12
360 - Sega Superstars Tennis - $4.50

No..... I would prefer not to know TIV when up!!! I would like to get NHL10, but can't get rid of NHL for 2 months (+ 1 game + $20)!!

7/26 @ EB

XB360
Ace Combat 6 = $15
Army of Two = $7
Condemned = $5
Condemned 2 = $5
Devil May Cry 4 = $7
FEAR = $10
FEAR 2 = $25
Forza 2 = $3
Kameo = $3
Overlord = $13
Project Gotham Racing 4 = $8
Civilization Revolution = $15
Viva Pinata = $2

ended up pre-ordering 3 new games (as they bumped some of the prices to reach the $8 minimum for the Trade 3 get free promotion)

[quote name='JnJosh']if it is 14.99 used at blockbuster, 22.99 new at futureshop, why would the game be close to 10 dollars worth of trade credit?[/QUOTE]

what does Baja EOC sell for at EB?
i figured FS would give at least 33-50% of their TIV.
i'm glad EB deemed it T worthy.

[quote name='JnJosh']if it is 14.99 used at blockbuster, 22.99 new at futureshop, why would the game be close to 10 dollars worth of trade credit?[/QUOTE]

is that rhetorical? lol
what does Baja EOC sell for at EB?
i figured FS would give at least 33-50% of their TIV.
i'm glad EB deemed it T worthy.

Updated tivs.ca already, here are some of note:

Kane & Lynch 360 $8 (was below $8 before)
Skate 360 $7.50 (tivs.ca doesn't support decimals)

and confirmed Ninja Gaiden 2, Top Spin 3 and Simpsons qualify for T3G1F

[quote name='TripleQ']Updated tivs.ca already, here are some of note:

Kane & Lynch 360 $8 (was below $8 before)
Skate 360 $7.50 (tivs.ca doesn't support decimals)

and confirmed Ninja Gaiden 2, Top Spin 3 and Simpsons qualify for T3G1F[/QUOTE]

Thanks TripleQ! I was actually just about to go trade some games into BBV for $10! I guess alot of TIVs are going back up :bouncy:

[quote name='neksus']I'm debating picking up some of those $9.99 BBV games that are on the border...Sega Rally Revo...MySims Kingdom...[/QUOTE]

Just ask on RFD what the TIVs are.. I'm sure someone helpful over there will look it up for you :p

bread's done
Back