[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
And as a note, be glad we get TIVS updated even as much as it is. You can't find anything that good in the states for Gamestop. I've looked. It's nuts. The TIVs are ancient, months upon months old, even for big titles.

Nexus has done something amazing with the TIVS site and it's far more comprehensive than we deserve for how little we pay for it ;)

[quote name='andsoitgoes']And as a note, be glad we get TIVS updated even as much as it is.

Nexus has done something amazing with the TIVS site and it's far more comprehensive than we deserve for how little we pay for it ;)[/QUOTE]

Well as the first person to have donated, Im aware of how valuable a resource it is. I think everyone who uses it should at least click all the ads each visit.

Thanks QQQ for the pledge to enter the latest tivs in.

I think there's alot of new people who don't know they can 'join' tivs.ca and enter their own submissions. I know Neksus has to approve them but its a big help for someone like me not scrolling back and cross referencing RFD as well.

Do people want to do that? I cant remember if its clearly marked on the site that u can 'join' and submit tivs there. There's probably some new blood who didnt know they could update that site. We should advertise that every so often, and it'll keep growing tivs.ca and make it even better.

[quote name='TripleQ']RFD.. they have many more users there and thus way more updates.

If neksus hasn't updated them by tomorrow morning I'll go through the thread and update tivs.ca.. although neksus has to approve them all before they go live I think.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='j940651']see i knew something was amiss. i've just been watching here and tivs.ca.
and from that i saw that NOTHING qualified for T3 anymore.
i knew that couldn't be the case. and i don't like wading into the RFD cesspool.
guess i have to when neksus is off.
boooo neksus - making me read RFD! how dare you![/QUOTE]

Gimme a break, it hasn't even been 24 hours :razz:

1/5 Bizzaro Land (aka EB)

Wii
Metroid Prime 3 $17 (!)
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 $14
Mario Strikers Charged $22
Wii Play $7

Riddick $12
Gears of War 2 $20
Ninja Gaiden 2 $15
Call of Duty 2 $7
R6V2 $12

tivs.ca updated

[quote name='afterburn999']AC2 is Still $40 at Eb games but the guy there told me that its going to drop back down on Jan. 10-12. So you guys better get it in fast.[/QUOTE]

I expect everyone who bought AC2 from EB for $30 last month is now trading it in. They're probably flooded with copies already.

AC2 will be an instant 1,000 goozex points for months. Most people would be able to get more out of 1000 points there then $40 at eb

[quote name='Jouvert']I expect everyone who bought AC2 from EB for $30 last month is now trading it in. They're probably flooded with copies already.[/QUOTE]

Yup, i bought my copy for 30 bucks, finished it 100% over the holidays and made an extra 7 bucks or something and now I'm holding a brand new copy of darksiders.

[quote name='zoro69']AC2 will be an instant 1,000 goozex points for months. Most people would be able to get more out of 1000 points there then $40 at eb[/QUOTE]

Normally i would goozex it but it takes so damn long to get games and for some reason they have not yet changed my credits to unlimited because im a student. It was a great promo but i guess it was just for americans with the .edu acconts.

EBGames 1/5:

Darkest of Days (X360) - $27

Did two trade 2 deals for Darksiders and Bayonetta today. The following games worked but unfortunately I only know the value was between 8 and 25... I usually ask but was in a rush and of course the receipt shows $25 when they bump them up. Sorry about that.

SpongeBob: Truth or Square (X360)
CSI: Deadly Intent (X360)
Jurassic: The Hunted (X360)
Backyard Football '10 (X360)

EB as of today (1/5):

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - $30
The Saboteur (360) - $36
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift: $20
GTA: Episodes From Liberty City - $23

Holy crap you guys! Get out those turds and get to EB NOW!

Just did three T3s for a bunch of games I've had sitting around that were under $8 for a long time. Got myself pre-orders for Mass Effect 2 CE, Final Fantasy XIII (I love my EB), and God of War III. Here are the games that qualified (Sorry couldn't get all the values)

Godfather 2 (PS3)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3 - LOL and yes that's the first one)
Afro Samurai (Xbox 360 - WTF?!)
HAWX (Xbox 360 - Was worth $17)
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (Xbox 360)
Spiderman: Web of Shadows (Xbox 360)
Velvet Assassin (360 - Was worth $30)
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (360 - Was worth $20)
Ghostbusters (360)

Good luck on your search for trade fodder guys!

[quote name='Frendo']For Darksiders and Bayonetta was it trade 2 plus $9.99 or $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Darksiders was trade 2 + $9.99 and Bayonetta was trade 2 + $14.99. Essentially they give you $25 per game for trade 2 and you pay the difference. So if you have some less than $8 or greater than $25 it's best to use those for the difference / edge credit.

EB Tivs as of 1/5/10

all 360

Call of Juarez 2 - $17
Bourne - $12
Soul Calibur 4 - $12
Far Cry 2 - $12
Prince of Persia - $12
Riddick AoDA - $12

all DS

Final Fantasy XII - $15
Final Fantasy IV - $17
Pokemon Explorers of Time - $15

[quote name='Median']EB as of today (1/5):

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - $30
The Saboteur (360) - $36
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift: $20
GTA: Episodes From Liberty City - $23[/QUOTE]

gta is ps3?

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']any good place to get trade fodder? Id like to get Bayonetta :([/QUOTE]
BBV is a great place, especially if you find a store that still has B2G1 going

[quote name='TripleQ']Liberty City is a 360 exclusive[/QUOTE]

ok that one i should've known being a 360 fanboy. but that others i had no clue.
i don't understand why people can't just list what systems games are for when they post TIVS.
it's not hard people.

Today at EB. All PS3

Batman AA - $27
Bionic Commando - $10
Chronicles Of Riddick - $12
Fight Night Round 4 - $17

Bionic and Riddick are both selling for $14.99 at Rogers, and with the buy one get one deal I spent $16 and change for them both. Get it will it's hot!

[quote name='pavel6969']
bionic and riddick are both selling for $14.99 at rogers, and with the buy one get one deal i spent $16 and change for them both. Get it will it's hot![/quote]
b1g1?

I dont know what the ones on hoarderville are talk about saying the trade 2+$ is over. They have stickers on all the recent games promoting that (mostly plus $20), and you can do it for any preorder. God of war already at $60 so I did that. Trade 2 and $10 actually a deal, used persia and the new afro I just bought there. People could have went nuts with the Afro and haze etc bosing week if this was known. I'd assume heroes over europe would work but didnt check.

Didnt get the prorder thign with darsiders, as usual. Not that I care about a book...but to promote the bonus things and never have them.

Picked up a copy of Bourne Conspiracy (PS3) and Star Wars Force Unleashed (360) on the Rogers B1G1 promo. Both worked for a T2 + $14.99 for Bayonetta.

Didn't manage to grab the values but they are both still over $8.

I checked the southside Rogers in Edmonton.
Not much there. Riddick (used 360 copy, no ps3) was $19.99.

Looking for games to trade towards Bayonetta and or God of War 3.
Would like to get both lol.

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']I checked the southside Rogers in Edmonton.
Not much there. Riddick (used 360 copy, no ps3) was $19.99.

Looking for games to trade towards Bayonetta and or God of War 3.
Would like to get both lol.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind the drive you should check out the Sherwood Park locations. Every time I've went there it has been a goldmine.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']If you don't mind the drive you should check out the Sherwood Park locations. Every time I've went there it has been a goldmine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for the tip, I'll have to check them out some time :D

EB 1/7 tivs.ca updated

Ghostbusters Wii $15
Soul Calibur IV 360 $12
Red Faction Guerrilla 360 $20
Raven Squad 360 $20
Section 8 360 $20

based on QQQ's post and my experience tonight i can see that Rogers B1G1 deal
has alot of copies of Raven Squad and Section 8 available. (360)
Rogers sells them both for $14.99!
plus you can snag The Bigs 2 and Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars for $17.99. (360)

while the b2g1 deal is over at bbv you can still take a look at their new game Clearance Bins.
i've gone through the Nintendo DS Clearance bins and found gems.
my local stores had a lot of Pokemon and Final Fantasy games marked down from
$39.99 to $9.99. and they all worked at EB. they all got about $12-17 TIV.

the Rogers B1G1 goes through til the 26th of January.
high tivs at EB, b2g1 at bbv, b1g1 at rogers....
it's a great time to be a trader.

Unfortunately it looks like Rogers has changed their system, so you now have to buy one game $19.99 or higher to get a free one. Two $14.99 won't scan in with B1G1 anymore (it did a few days ago).

Too bad because I found a location with lots of S8, Bourne, Bigs, C&C, R6V2, SCIV, etc (all of which qualify).

But yeah, EB seems to raise their tivs at just the right times.. last summer when BBV had the B2G1.. and now Rogers.

I think I'm finally going to get a PS3 to play Uncharted 2.

I don't know what is going on at other Rogers stores, but I just walked out from one with Raven Squad,Section 8, Bionic Commando and NBA Inside 09, NBA was $17.99, the rest were $14.99 and I got two of the $14.99 for free, no override or anything.

Spent $37 and change and will be able to a Trade 3 Get 1 and hopefully get the $27 tiv for NBA as well. An excellent haul if I say so myself.

I doubt anyone is from my area on this forum, but if anyone is, the Oromocto Rogers is pretty empty on PS3, but the 360 section is a gold mine, still had 3 Section 8's, 3 Raven Squad's and a ton of Bionic Commando left, all at $14.99.

[quote name='TripleQ']Unfortunately it looks like Rogers has changed their system, so you now have to buy one game $19.99 or higher to get a free one. Two $14.99 won't scan in with B1G1 anymore (it did a few days ago).

Too bad because I found a location with lots of S8, Bourne, Bigs, C&C, R6V2, SCIV, etc (all of which qualify).

But yeah, EB seems to raise their tivs at just the right times.. last summer when BBV had the B2G1.. and now Rogers.

I think I'm finally going to get a PS3 to play Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]

both Rogers i went to had to do manual overrides on $14.99 and $17.99 pairs.
i didn't complain. :) 2 EB trader games for $15 is a good feeling.
i have everything i want pre-ordered through March now. :D

[quote name='j940651']both Rogers i went to had to do manual overrides on $14.99 and $17.99 pairs.
i didn't complain. :) 2 EB trader games for $15 is a good feeling.
i have everything i want pre-ordered through March now. :D[/QUOTE]

Hmm no manual override for me. The system automatically accepted my $14.99 pair.

These are still holding as of today

NBA 09 The Inside PS3 - $27
Bionic Commado PS3 - $10
Raven Squad 360 - $20
Section 8 360 - $20

Used the bottom three for Bad Company 2 and took the credit for NBA. Awesome deal for $37 cash spent.

[quote name='Pavel6969']These are still holding as of today

NBA 09 The Inside PS3 - $27
Bionic Commado PS3 - $10
Raven Squad 360 - $20
Section 8 360 - $20

Used the bottom three for Bad Company 2 and took the credit for NBA. Awesome deal for $37 cash spent.[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

Traded in a few PS3 games yesterday...

EB

Prince of Persia $12
Tomb Raider Underworld $7
Matt Hazard Eat Lead $7
Lego Rock Band $27
Band Hero $27

[quote name='Nesmaster']I hope S8 is still $35 at bestbuy tomorrow... I've got three of them. 3 x 35 + 10, or 15 if I throw in a fourth game hah.[/QUOTE]

It says no dupes for the trade bonuses, so YMMV on that trade.

[quote name='JnJosh']I like section 8 and raven squad, got my nephew a cheap ps3. Thanks eb and rogers![/QUOTE]

Did you by any chance get any games bundled with it? I've called a couple of places and the answer varies

As of today at EB

Raven Squad - $20
Section 8 - $20
Bionic Commando - $7

PS3

Ghostbusters - $15
Fallout 3 GOTY - $40
The three qualifying games (besides Fallout) are $14.99 each at Rogers. Updated TIVS.ca

1/9 EB all 360 tivs.ca updated

Gears 2 GOTY $17
Red Faction Guerrilla $20
Section 8 $20
Resident Evil 5 $20
Bourne $12
Riddick $12 (down from $15)
Soul Calibur 4 $12
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $20
Forza 3 $40
Mario Strikers Charged (Wii) $18 (down from $22)
Fable 2 $22

= very cheap PS3 250GB w/ GOW and LBP!

Didn't get specific values, so I assume they are all the same as the last updated tivs.

The following 3 games qualified for T3 at EB Games today:

All for Playstation 3:
- Bionic Commando
- The Bourne Conspiracy
- Soul Calibur IV

[Btw, in case anyone else besides me wanted to know, they raised the preorder price of the Collectors Edition of God of War 3 from $90 to $100. I just went with a preorder for the regular edition]

I also asked about the Trade 2, pay the difference for games - ex. Trade 2 + pay $9.99 for God of War 3 - and they said that deal is no longer available.

I traded for Bayonetta + FFXIII :D

EB:
Battallion wars 2 (Wii)
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
Prince of Persia (PS3)
Mass Effect (360)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)

I did not catch prices but all were between 12-17$
What I do know however is that Trauma Center New Blood and Second Opinion are now both 15$

I also asked about the Trade 2, pay the difference for games - ex. Trade 2 + pay $9.99 for God of War 3 - and they said that deal is no longer available.

Not lucky. It seems here that the trade 3 deals has evolved into a "I bump your 8$ game to 25$ whenever you buy a new game with your trade" I was completely free to do T1 + difference or T2 + difference

So in a way, if you have many games, T2 is better since you don't lose 15$ if you do trade 3 for a 60$ game.

thanks EB!

bread's done
Back