[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
neksus where are yooooooooo? this is the largest mass tiv update and you're afk! can I please have access to update tivs without approval? :bow:

360:
Mass Effect - $12
SBK Superbike - $17 (!)
Raven Squad - $20
Afro Samurai - $10

PS3:
Ferrari Challenge - $17
Bionic Commando - $10
Haze - $10
CC RA3 Ultimate - $25 (!!!)
Ratchet ToD - $12

Wii:
Metroid Prime 3 $14?

DS
Contra 4 - $7 :( kept this

Thanks everyone and especially TiVs and Neksus. Was able to get Darksiders with artbook, Mass effect 2 RE, and BioShock 2 RE and $35 credit for these 10 old useless titles. Averaged $23.50 after bumping values! :D

[quote name='Nesmaster']360:
Mass Effect - $12
SBK Superbike - $17 (!)
Raven Squad - $20
Afro Samurai - $10

PS3:
Ferrari Challenge - $17
Bionic Commando - $10
Haze - $10
CC RA3 Ultimate - $25 (!!!)
Ratchet ToD - $12

Wii:
Metroid Prime 3 $14?

DS
Contra 4 - $7 :( kept this

Thanks everyone and especially TiVs and Neksus. Was able to get Darksiders with artbook, Mass effect 2 RE, and BioShock 2 RE and $35 credit for these 10 old useless titles. Averaged $23.50 after bumping values! :D[/QUOTE]

i'm guessing that's all @ eb?

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I traded for Bayonetta + FFXIII :D

EB:
Battallion wars 2 (Wii)
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
Prince of Persia (PS3)
Mass Effect (360)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)

I did not catch prices but all were between 12-17$
What I do know however is that Trauma Center New Blood and Second Opinion are now both 15$

Not lucky. It seems here that the trade 3 deals has evolved into a "I bump your 8$ game to 25$ whenever you buy a new game with your trade" I was completely free to do T1 + difference or T2 + difference

So in a way, if you have many games, T2 is better since you don't lose 15$ if you do trade 3 for a 60$ game.

thanks EB![/QUOTE]

What...I'll try asking another EB. I asked one yesterday and they said there's only a trade-3 deal going on. I only have 2 games right now that are valid so I would rather do that. I'll give it a shot, thanks! :)

Section 8 Train at BB is over... $35 > $3.50 now :(

Still $20 at eb.

other eb values:

Zelda Wii $22
Punchout $22
Super Paper Mario $27
Socom PS3 $.65 LOL
Resident Evil UC $? Qualifies for T2/3 anyways
HOTD 2+3 $7

Good to hear that Farcry 2 qualifies... I picked one up at eb today for 9.99 mistagged as Farcry Instincts Predator. :) will use it and section 8 tomorrow for a trade 2.

Some "good" deals I noticed today were copies of Oblivion CE and Gears 1 CE for $24.99. I've been wanting both for years but never found them complete and/or cheap enough. These prices worked, both are entirely complete and minty. Maybe the same person traded them in ;).

I also finally picked up the QoS CE for $20 new... never thought I would find one of them around still.

Just traded in the following games to EB:

50 Cent Blood on the Sand (360) - $20 (good considering I picked it up for $10 at RCSS a couple weeks ago... such a bad game)
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (360) - $12
Quantum of Solace (360) - $15
Rise of the Argonauts (PS3) - $30

[quote name='afterburn999']Halo ODST is now down to $35.[/QUOTE]
Just traded that in today. =/

EB

Traded thes two towards Bioshock LE.
Sonic Dark Brotherhood $7
Halo ODST $35
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology $7(kept this one)

Didn't get the exact values, but all three qualified for T3GIF.
Trauma Center Second Opinion
inFamous
Ninja Gaiden II(360)

[quote name='afterburn999']Halo ODST is now down to $35.[/QUOTE]

Hold onto it. It will go back up in price once the beta start date is announced.

According to RFD, New Super Mario Bros Wii has a TIV of $50. I guess the demand is still really high, so EB needs all the copies they can get.

I'm holding on to mine though... fun game!

[quote name='Heartless18']According to RFD, New Super Mario Bros Wii has a TIV of $50. I guess the demand is still really high, so EB needs all the copies they can get.

I'm holding on to mine though... fun game![/QUOTE]

EB is having a special promotion involving New Super Mario Bros. right now. I forget the exact details but, I think it's trade one pay a certain amount and trade 2 get it for $10. It's probably why they are pimping out the trade value to ensure they have copies new and old. It's funny though every time I go to a retail chain and hit up the video game section I seem to hear one mom ask for new super mario bros. for the wii lol.

@EB
PS3
Assassins Creed 2 - 40

Transformers - 12
Acme Arsenal - 7
Spidey FOF- 4
Lego SW Comp. - 4
Viva Pinata - 2
Lego Indy - 0.95

EB
Too Human is back up to $8 tiv.
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise $15
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins $12
I've got myself a copy of Mass Effect 2. I even paid the $10 extra to get the better CE cover.

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']
I also asked about the Trade 2, pay the difference for games - ex. Trade 2 + pay $9.99 for God of War 3 - and they said that deal is no longer available.[/QUOTE]

I called two EB stores today and both said the same thing. I was planning to do a Trade 2 + difference and pre-order GOW3 and then do a Gaming Guarantee return, but I guess that's not happening now. The sad part is EB has taken GOW3 off their T3GIF list so I can't even do that. I'll probably end up pre-ordering it with trade credit now.

They've just put more trade 2+$ stickers on games now, even on wii sport resort is trade 2+$10.

Guess I should've bought mushroom men when it was all over for $10, being eb sells it used for $50 so likely easily works.

amazon order with the oos $10 gears, halo wars etc jsut shipped :)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Tenchu: Shadow Assassins $12 [/QUOTE]

Holy shit really? I paid 1$ for this at Walmart just because it was a dollar and never played it.

BBV

Heroes over europe 360 -35.75
TMNT smash wii - 29.25
wolfenstein ps3 - 30

eb had lots of heroes over europe left the last day of the sale, no one wanted it even at $10

Long time (Canadian) lurker, just signed up. You all have saved me both time and money in the past couple years. Thanks for that. As of January 12, 2010:

EB Games

Tiger Woods 09 (PS3) - $10
Street Fighter 4 (PS3) - $15
Fight Night Round 4 (PS3) - $17
Time Crisis 4 (PS3) - $17
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (PS3) - $20
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (PS3) - $32

BBV

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (PS3) - $9
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (PS3) - $36

is too human still valid..?

I think ill bite and do T2+5$ for No More Heroes 2...so I can use that star wars lightsaber I bought on rebate....guilty pleasure :)
IGN preview is surprinsingly good

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MaddogMonty']Holy shit really? I paid 1$ for this at Walmart just because it was a dollar and never played it.[/QUOTE]

Time to double your investment because today at EB Games Tenchu: SA is $2.

EB 1/13 tivs.ca updated

Values still holding..

QoS $15
Bourne $12
Prince of Persia $12
Gears 1 $12
MKvDC $20

Wii
Cooking Mama $7
Cooking Mama World Kitchen $7
Wii Music $17
No More Heroes $7

EBGames 1/13:

Chromehounds (X360) - $4
Medal of Honor: Airborne (X360) - $4
Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader - Game Time (X360) - $7
Ben 10: Vigilante Assault (X360) - $17

[quote name='afterburn999']damn was hoping no more heroes would of been $8.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was hoping it was up because it seems rarish and there's a sequel coming out soon.. but it is only selling for $15 used so oh well.

[quote name='mkrowe']
Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader - Game Time (X360) - $7
Ben 10: Vigilante Assault (X360) - $17[/QUOTE]

And I thought I knew all the 360 games.

EB:

Riddick 360/PS3 $12/$12
Gears 2 $17
Prince of Persia 360 $12

Mafia II pre-ordered, and picked up Divinity 2. :)

Going to return Darksiders for something else, went to FS and they still had the free War figurine so I had to grab the game from them instead.

Did a T2+$9.99 for Darksiders at EB tonight, used Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team and Nintendogs Dacshund and Friends for the DS, both were $12. I asked about the artbook and he handed me a whole packet of them, 5 in the pack, plus two Bayonetta posters, which are pretty ugly and I'll never hang up, but cool nonetheless

[quote name='greywolf501']Did a T2+$9.99 for Darksiders at EB tonight, used Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team and Nintendogs Dacshund and Friends for the DS, both were $12. I asked about the artbook and he handed me a whole packet of them, 5 in the pack, plus two Bayonetta posters, which are pretty ugly and I'll never hang up, but cool nonetheless[/QUOTE]

lol should have asked for poster, did not get anything with bayonetta -_-

For those trading in Gears 2, are you trading in the GOTY edition or the regular? I have the GOTY edition, and would like to trade it in, but I'm interested in keeping the voucher than lets me download all of the GOTY material

paid 20 for GOW 2 GOTY, wonder if i should keep the voucher and trade in

btw, if it wasnt clear to you at this point, a clerk yesterday explained it to me correctly.
The deal is that you can do T3 with any game/peorders/etc but you can only do T2 (T1 if youre lucky) with new releases. So I wasnt able to do T2 +5$ for NMH 2.

Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) - $15
Star Wars - The Force unleashed (ps3) - $15
Rachet and Clank Future - tools of destruction (ps3) - $12
Blue Dragon (360) - $4
Stranglehold regular edition (ps3) - $7
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition - $0.94 ( i was seriously like wtf ?)

I did the trade 3 for Mass Effect 2 but the stupid clerk said that i'm not allowed to do it with the CE and pay the extra 10 bucks.

EB:
Still holding...
Too Human 8$
Bourne Conspiracy 12$
Soul Calibur IV (360) 12$

Got GOW2 reserver, was nicely offered a key for the demo, and reclaimed by Bayonetta posters! Thank you greywolf501
user_offline.gif
for mentioning it :)
Theres like 8 poster with a nice metal frame keeping them together, first 2 looks great

Latest Gamestop.ca emails states that you get 50$ back for New Super Mario Bros until
Jan 24!

I am going to do T2+ tonight and finish the game before then.

ps3 afro, persia, gears 2 and orignal transformers all work

Can still get any game for T2+$, got metroid and mod racers

EB as of January 14th:

360 - 50 Cent Blood in the Sand: $20.00 (what in the hell? this shocked me and the clerk)
PS3 - Socom US Navy Seals: $7.00
360 - Lego Batman $4.00
360 - Brothers in Arms $4.00
360 - Marvel Ultimate Alliance: $2.00
360 - BioShock: $4.00
360 - Halo Wars Collectors Edition: $25.00

Games that Qualified for the Trade 4 get 100.00 off a ps3 (so +8.00 trade value):
360 - Oblivion Collectors Edition
360 - Lost Odyssey
360 - Gears of War 2 Collectors
360 - Gears of War Collectors

hey do the values still stay stagnant over the weekends or can EB still initiate changes? I'm scheming to get my girlfriend to trade in a bunch of my games, and I want to make sure she goes in with games that will all qualify heh

bread's done
Back