[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went to Gamestop and traded in a bunch of games used the MAG preorder bonus (PS3 games traded in toward MAG are worth 50% more credit) and it bumped up all my games 50% so who knows whats goin on but twas awesome.

These are the values before the additional 50%

PSP
Lego Indy 2 - $12

Borderlands - $30
Darksiders - $37
Dragon Age - $30
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 - $31
Need for Speed Shift - $31
Saw - $29
Tekken 6 - $37
Too Human - $8

PS3
Modern Warfare 2 - $40
Devil May Cry 4 - $15
HAWX - $16
King of Fighters 12 - $31
Madden 10 - $16.75
NBA 2K10 - $32.75
NHL 10 - $20
Prince of Persia - $12

There is currently a 50% TIV bonus for trading PS3 GAMES ONLY toward MAG

Also 25% TIV bonus for trading any game (I think) towards Bioshock 2

What a ride! My girlfriend traded in the following at EB:

Halo Wars-$24
Fable 2-$21
Armored Core 4 (PS3)-$19
Gears of War 2-$16
Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360)-$12
Prince of Persia (Xbox 360)-$12
Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)-$12

Used Halo Wars, Fable 2, Armored Core 4 and Gears 2 towards the Bioshock 2 LE, so I ended up paying $11.30 for that with the 25% TIV bump, and the other three were used to do a T3 for ME2 LE, which I paid another $11.30 for the upgrade. Good day! Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
EB

Zelda Phantom Hourglass $15
Too Human $8

Used both for T2GIF$10 TOWARDS Mass Effect 2. I'll probably switch it to something else in the future. Maybe Metroid Other M or Mario Galaxy 2.

[quote name='bloodyroarxx']I just went to Gamestop and traded in a bunch of games used the MAG preorder bonus (PS3 games traded in toward MAG are worth 50% more credit) and it bumped up all my games 50% so who knows whats goin on but twas awesome.

These are the values before the additional 50%

PSP
Lego Indy 2 - $12

Borderlands - $30
Darksiders - $37
Dragon Age - $30
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 - $31
Need for Speed Shift - $31
Saw - $29
Tekken 6 - $37
Too Human - $8

PS3
Modern Warfare 2 - $40
Devil May Cry 4 - $15
HAWX - $16
King of Fighters 12 - $31
Madden 10 - $16.75
NBA 2K10 - $32.75
NHL 10 - $20
Prince of Persia - $12[/QUOTE]

Yay thankfully PoP is still $12, hope it holds till at least Thursday, can't go to EB/GS till then. Want to trade for WKC. :)

[quote name='ducksoda7']EB

Zelda Phantom Hourglass $15
Too Human $8

Used both for T2GIF$10 TOWARDS Mass Effect 2. I'll probably switch it to something else in the future. Maybe Metroid Other M or Mario Galaxy 2.[/QUOTE]

Wow, not supposed to be doing T2 for preorders...
guess I hate my EB

Did a trade 2+$10 towards God of War 3 on Friday using Gears of War 1 and Left 4 Dead 1. Planned on using Mass Effect for a Trade 3 on a more expensive game, but turns out, as of Friday:

Mass Effect (360) = $7

(unhappy face)

[quote name='doasinfinity67']Did a trade 2+$10 towards God of War 3 on Friday using Gears of War 1 and Left 4 Dead 1. [/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. I called in and they told me there weren't any sort of promos going for God of War 3... but I'll give this a shot.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Wow, not supposed to be doing T2 for preorders...
guess I hate my EB[/QUOTE]
I thought it was over, too. Was originally doing T3GIF(for $1 in Winnipeg), but the system rang them both at $25 each.

[quote name='ducksoda7']I thought it was over, too. Was originally doing T3GIF(for $1 in Winnipeg), but the system rang them both at $25 each.[/QUOTE]

System? All trade deals are manually adjusted here....

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']System? All trade deals are manually adjusted here....[/QUOTE]
I know, it's weird. 2 employees(one manager) were trying to do it manually so each game would cover 1/3 of the price, but the TIV for each game came up to $25 for the promotion. What's weird, though, is that the flyer they showed me listed Mass Effect as a T3GIF(again, $1 here in Winnipeg).

Around here it really varies by store... some allow T2+x.xx for anything on the new release shelf.. some allow only for stickered games.. and some will not allow it at all. I have recently gotten T2+9.99 for Uncharted 2 and Ratchet & Clank 2 and a God of War pre-order.

It's not very clear to stores I guess, so some treat it as an on-going thing (like T3) and others think it has ended.

Anyway, still qualifying today:

Banjo Nut & Bolts 360
Lost Odyssey 360
NBA 2k9 PS3
HAWX PS3 and 360

Also traded in AC2 which I got back when it was on sale for $29.99 for MAG.. $40 TIV + 50% = $60!

Today at EB Games [all for PS3]

UFC 2009 - $25
Resident Evil 5 - $22
HAWX - $16

Traded towards MAG, got that plus $34.50 on an edge card.

Did not try to combine with the normal T3 offer [i.e Trade 3, bump to $70tiv, plus $35 extra]
Ended up being close enough for me anyway.

Still a no-go for Trade 2, pay extra for games at the store I went to [Edmonton, Southgate], except for Dante's Inferno.
There's a sign outside the store stating Trade 2, pay $19.99 for Dante's Inferno.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']Would it be possible to do that trade-in promo for MAG, then change your preorder to something else ?[/QUOTE]

They're definitely not supposed to do that (it would leave it open to abuse fort sure) but if you get a clueless rep, maybe. They are on the lookout for it though.

Dear Neksus:

Why do all the FS tivs in the pulldown menu have coin fractions?
They don't all end in fractions anymore, if they did before.
The 2 I had, looked up today anyways, ended in nice round, 00's.

Love J940651.

TIVS

FS

Jim Cameron's: Avatar (Ps3) - $7.00
Namco's: Tekken 6 (360) - $14.00

BBV

Jim Cameron's: Avatar (Ps3) - $38.50
Namco's: Tekken 6 (360) - $35.00

All at EB as of today:
Tekken 6 (360): $37
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (360): $15
Raven Squad (360): $19

Pre-ordered God of War 3, so I'm happy.

If you are part of the elitiests group i would suggest taking a look in the EB banned topic. I'll be spreading some light on it.

For content;
Ghostbusters and Fable 2 for 360 are still 8$ + at eb, used for dark void today.

Traded in some older stuff today at EB:

Rune Factory Harvest Moon (DS) $16
Viva Pinata (360) $2
Fable 1 (xbox) $5
Eternal Sonata (360) $7
Batman AA (360) $26

Eternal Sonata and Viva Pinata matched what is listed on tivs.ca, but the others were slightly different than the listed prices.

[quote name='afterburn999']Weird question here.

If i wanna return a game i did a trade 3 on, will the clerk know i did a T3 or will he just refund me 69.99 on an edge card ?[/QUOTE]

If they look it up they will know.. this is pretty shady and could get you banned if you do it often enough. They should be asking how you bought it, and perhaps asking for the original receipt.

I don't really wanna return it, i just wanna switch to the collectors edition but the employee at the time said i couldn't do a T3 and pay the extra 10 bucks for the collectors edition.

[quote name='afterburn999']I don't really wanna return it, i just wanna switch to the collectors edition but the employee at the time said i couldn't do a T3 and pay the extra 10 bucks for the collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's should be fine, I've done that a few times.. dunno why they didn't let you do it.

Just did a massive trade in at local Gamestop and got some great TIVs: (all 360)

Halo 3 - $17
Fable 2 - $21 (!)
Tiger Woods 09 - $12
NBA Live 09 - $7
NBA Ballers: Chosen One - $4
UFC 2009 Undisputed - $24 (!)
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 09 - $7
Far Cry 2 - $12 (counted as $23.33)
Resident Evil 5 - $19
Prince of Persia - $12 (counted as $23.33)
Halo Wars - $24 (!)
Godfather 2 - $7
C & C 3: TW - $7
Rainbow Six : Vegas 2 - $12 (counted as $23.33)
CoD 4: MW GOTY - $19
CoD: WaW - $16
MK vs. DC Universe - $19
NBA 2K10 - $32 (!)
Midnight Club: LA - $7
Nascar 09 - $12 (counted as $25)
Fight Night Round 4 - ? (counted as $25)

I used Prince of Persia, Far Cry 2 & Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (all worth $12) to get Mass Effect 2 for 'free' on their trade in deal.

Then used Nascar 09 and Fight Night Round 4 as part of a 'Trade 2 get game for $19.99' (got Fall Out 3: GOTY).

After the two game purchases, I was left with $222.01 in credit. :D

Other TIV: (kept these ones)

Endwar - $.95
NHL 09 - > $1
Madden 09 - > $1

TIVs for today, January 20th.

All at EB

Prince of Persia (PS3) -12$
Prince of Persia (360) -12$
GH: World Tour (360) -12$
Last Remnant (360) -12$
COD4:MW (360) -20$
GTA4 (360) -??? (was at least 12$, works for T3)
Halo Wars (360) -24$ (Traded for credit)
Resistance 2 (PS3) - 26$(Traded for credit)
C&C: Kane's Wrath (360) -7$ (has dropped below the 8$ listed on tivs.ca)

Preorded Bioshock 2 and Splinter Cell. Gonna change them both to something else when available as I dont want BS2 and I already have a SC preorder.

C&C screwed me out a 3rd T3 but luckily HW and R2 were worth enough I got 57$ credit for all 3 still.

EDIT: A friend tried to T3 for ME2 and pay the extra 10$ for the CE. Not allowed apparently.

Also, didn't notice any T2 + 10$ signage, but didn't ask either.

[quote name='method47']
Preorded Bioshock 2 and Splinter Cell. Gonna change them both to something else when available as I dont want BS2 and I already have a SC preorder.
[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2 is a Gaming Guarantee title...... That means a free rental for you for a week and then full value back. Might be worth it unless you have no desire to try it.

someone on RFD said the Rogers BOGO sale changed.
YMMV.

you should still be able to buy whatever price used game and get a lower priced game free.

the story was that they changed the minimum you had to spend on a used game to qualify for a free game.
i guess not every store got that memo?

anyone else see the Rogers BOBO promo end or change?

At my Rogers location the BOGO is still going, but you have to buy one over 19.99 to get one 19.99 or less for free. It used to work that you could buy two 19.99 ones and get one for free, but it now has to be over 19.99 to get another for free.

EB TIVs as on 22 Jan. 2010

Halo Wars (360) $24
Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends (DS) $15
Pokemon Diamond (DS) $15

[quote name='craig64']At my Rogers location the BOGO is still going, but you have to buy one over 19.99 to get one 19.99 or less for free. It used to work that you could buy two 19.99 ones and get one for free, but it now has to be over 19.99 to get another for free.[/QUOTE]

wow ok. not a rumour sounds like that's the policy now.
hope my local store doesn't open that memo. :D

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My PS3 just LYoDed on me (which both sucks and blows because it was a launch 60GB w/ hardware BC *single tear*) last Saturday. So over the last three day, I traded in a bunch of games I had laying around (most of them being PS3 games I can't play anymore) and used them to pre-order a couple of games currently covered under EB Games' "Gaming Guarantee" at three nearby stores.

Store 1
(PS3) Watchmen: The End Is Nigh - Part 1 & 2 - $12 TIV
(PS3) Ghostbusters: The Video Game $12 TIV
(360) Quantum of Solace - $15 TIV
T3 = Pre-Order of God of War III

(PS3) Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - $32 TIV
(PS3) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - $37 TIV
Straight Trade-In Value = $69

Store 2
(360) Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - $12 TIV
(360) Too Human - $8 TIV
T2+$9.99 = Pre-Order of God of War III

Store 3
(360) Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad - $16 TIV
(PS3) Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust - $15 TIV
T2+$9.99 = Pre-Order of God of War III

(PS3) GTA IV - $12 TIV
(PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4: LE - $12 TIV
(PS3) Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - $20 TIV
T3 = Pre-Order of Bioshock 2

Assuming I have no problems with their "Gaming Guarantee" (knock on wood!), I'll have nearly $320 in EB Games store credit to purchase a brand new PS3 by the end of March. Hopefully by then, A) these stores will be restocked with at least one decent bundle (most of them currently only have the 120GB PS3 w/ no game for $299.99 and B) most of the games that I traded in should be in the $15-20 used price range at BBV if I wanted to re-purchase (which I'll probably do for Ghostbusters, GH:SH and MSG4)

And, in the meantime, I have a couple older 360 games (Mass Effect 1, GTAIV:EoLC, Saints Row 2, Lost: Via Domus) to catch up on to keep me busy...

[quote name='supergrover99']Bioshock 2 is a Gaming Guarantee title...... That means a free rental for you for a week and then full value back. Might be worth it unless you have no desire to try it.[/QUOTE]

Hm, thanks for the heads up, I'll probably try it then and just get my 69.99 credit instead of going through the hassle of getting a CSR who will let me switch.

But yea, Bioshock 2, I have about a 5% interest in playing it.

Hi Citizen, welcome to the posting world and thanks for the tiv updates. There's currently a T4 for $100 off any PS3 if you didn't know, but it's probably a bit late now that you've traded in your games. It ends Jan 31 but it's been extended once already so it might be again?

Just wanted to do an update, the TIVs are still the same iirc as of today (01/22/10)

Castlevania and PoP I got on Boxing Day, surprised their TIV is higher than the cost during that sale tbh.

Store 1 (Gamestop):
Wii Castlevania Judgment $15
PS3 Prince of Persia $12

^ Did Trade-2 for WKC, woot. :)

Store 2 (EB):
PS3 BlazBlue $31

[quote name='TheCitizen']Long time lurker, first time poster.

My PS3 just LYoDed on me (which both sucks and blows because it was a launch 60GB w/ hardware BC *single tear*) last Saturday. [/QUOTE]

Odd... The same thing happened to me.......A launch ps3 60gig....happened while I was updating to 3.15 firmware......sigh. I got it sorta working using the safe mode... Although I am hesitating performing a system restore.

[quote name='TheCitizen']
Assuming I have no problems with their "Gaming Guarantee" (knock on wood!), I'll have nearly $320 in EB Games store credit to purchase a brand new PS3 by the end of March. [/QUOTE]

Congrats TC. GG's are like little Xmases for us. It's a shame there haven't been more recently.

*looks around*
So where's all the Old School OG CAGers?
Where's the finger wagging and condemnations for 'profiting' in trading?
No one's even gonna give a routine 'You make me sick' for Old Times Sake?
Man, this place has changed. And you guys call yourselves 'better' than RFD?
Pffft!
;)

[quote name='method47']I s anything else a GG right now?[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2
God Of War III ($59.99)

*** Bioshock 2 was just announced in a recent newsletter from ebgames/gamestop.

[quote name='supergrover99']Odd... The same thing happened to me.......A launch ps3 60gig....happened while I was updating to 3.15 firmware......sigh. I got it sorta working using the safe mode... Although I am hesitating performing a system restore.[/QUOTE]

That's EXACTLY when it happened to me! During that stupid firmware update!

How'd you get yours into safe mode?

[quote name='TheCitizen']That's EXACTLY when it happened to me! During that stupid firmware update!

How'd you get yours into safe mode?[/QUOTE]

It hasn't been a good start to the year for me... My PS3 goes down during a system update and my 360 starts Red ringing due to a faulty Nyko intercooler. If anyone actually has one be careful as they don't help and actually draw more power from the system causing your components to struggle with the power drain. My intercooler actually started melting to the back of my 360.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/27/nyko-intercooler-scorches-xbox-360-consoles/

As for the PS3 this post explains it and provides pictures:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...read.id=4069636&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Once you are in safe mode you get 6 options:

1) Restart System - This basically will just restart your PS3 system.
2) Restore Default Settings - This resets all of your system settings back to default
3) Restore File System - This will check for any damaged or missing file systems and fix them
4) Rebuild Database: This rebuilds any damaged sectors in the hard drive.
5) Restore PS3 System: This wipes the hard drive and firmware and basically makes it a brand new factory default system.
6) System Update: This updates the system

basically 1-4 and 6 will not cause you to lose any saves or downloaded material. The Rebuild Database may delete some game saves. Number 5 is the absolute last resort and may not even fix your system. So far I have tried everything accept number 5. Restoring the File system (number 3) is the most popular option and seems to recover most systems for people. I had a dead black screen and now I can get the ps3 to boot up but, it freezes if I move anywhere with the xmb. If I leave it it is fine. Some people have replaced the hard drive and done a Restore PS3 System and have had it work without issue. Make sure you have the USB cable for your PS3 controller as you will need your controller to access the menu. Also if you try doing a system update make sure you have the update (around 160mb) on a USB stick so that it can be easily downloaded and updated.

If you don't get the system menu the first time don't worry. Just shut off your system using the switch on the back and wait an hour or so and try again. Oddly this works.

There is actually a lawsuit going on right now which is fighting for PS3 users who have damaged their PS3's during an update. Apparently it's a problem and sony is aware of it but, it still happens on earlier units.

You can also try calling sony at 1-800-345-SONY. Although the most they can do over the phone is get you into safe mode and work through it with you. If they ask you to send it in, the standard repair fee is $150 and they will give you a Refurb. Kinda crappy if you are looking to keep your 60GB B/C system.

Good Luck.....hopefully this helps

Sorry for temporarily hijacking the thread.

[quote name='supergrover99']Bioshock 2
God Of War III ($59.99)

*** Bioshock 2 was just announced in a recent newsletter from ebgames/gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Also Red Dead Redemption.

bread's done
Back