[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wii trades in for $80, we were debating whether or not to put the extra one out to pasture for a PS3 for me, but then realized then I wouldn't be able to play Wii games in my room... so we passed for now.

TIVs as of March 2, EB Games
CoD: World at War (360) - $7
Prototype (360) - $7

I was going to use these to put towards a PS3, but no, I'm currently stuck with games I don't want to play at the moment.

[quote name='game_fanatic']

Left 4 Dead still qualified, so I ended up doing a T1 + $49.99 for that, don't know what I was thinking, I just panicked! I don't imagine I'll keep BC2 for long and just trade it towards Metro 2033 as a Power Trade, unless it really knocks my socks off. We'll see in an hour![/QUOTE]

BFBC2 is a GG so just return it for full credit ($69.99) within a week. Metro is only $59.99 so you'll save $10 this way.. or power trade something else for it.

According to RFD, console trade-in promo for March at EB Canada:
Trade-in value: "Wii + 2 Games = $175"
2 games are Games over $8 (and apparently, to trade a Wii, you need to trade 2 WII $8+ WII games).

Wii failure is not enough to justify doing it, but I was thinking about trading my old Wii (more or less launch) + 2 games and use EB credit to pay the difference...

[quote name='cashinstinct']According to RFD, console trade-in promo for March at EB Canada:
Trade-in value: "Wii + 2 Games = $175"
2 games are Games over $8 (and apparently, to trade a Wii, you need to trade 2 WII $8+ WII games).
[/QUOTE]
Thats not bad, but the 3 Wii games I have are worth less than $8.
No bother, I just sold my Wii for a number very close to that, and I still have the 3 games to use for something.

[quote name='TripleQ']BFBC2 is a GG so just return it for full credit ($69.99) within a week. Metro is only $59.99 so you'll save $10 this way.. or power trade something else for it.[/QUOTE]

I thought I had to pre-order BF:BC2 in order to get the GG?

I'll just trade it in for Metro 2033 as a PT, then when I get tired of Metro trade it in for the inevitable April PT's until I get stuck with something I love. I played the single-player of BC2 yesterday, I am just awful, or the game is redonkulously hard on normal. I was getting shot from everywhere, I had no idea what was going on. I finally had to crank back the difficulty in order to make it an enjoyable experience.

EBGames
PS3 Dirt 2 - $27.25 (powetrade +50%)
PS3 F.E.A.R. 2 - $7 (powertrade +50%)

Futureshop
PS3 Brutal Legend $18 (good for T2G1F Battlefield Bad Company 2 PS3)
X360 Brutal Legend $16 (good for T2G1F Battlefield Bad Company 2 PS3)

pretty sure they both qualify for trade 2 @ rogers.

[quote name='snowyeti']The Wii trades in for $80, we were debating whether or not to put the extra one out to pasture for a PS3 for me, but then realized then I wouldn't be able to play Wii games in my room... so we passed for now.

TIVs as of March 2, EB Games
CoD: World at War (360) - $7
Prototype (360) - $7

I was going to use these to put towards a PS3, but no, I'm currently stuck with games I don't want to play at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Updated tivs.ca

EB
Mario Kart DS $19.25
New SMB DS $20

FS
Mario Kart DS $17
New SMB DS $13

Avatar PS3 is $40 (there's a sign saying "sorry Rogue Warrior had a price drop so its TIV is now $30. To compensate Avatar is $40 TIV.")

[quote name='Ryusei']are the games for ps3, wii, and 360 the only ones that would qualify for a t3g1f? (and over $8tiv)[/QUOTE]

It's my understanding that they will take any game towards t3g1f as long as the value is over $8. So you could use PSP/DS etc. Quite sure no older generation games will work though (like PS2/xbox) just due to the games being worth nothing.

cool, thanks for the info guys.
also, is it for -anything-? would preordering gow3 regular edition cost the same (3 games) as the limited edition?

[quote name='Ryusei']cool, thanks for the info guys.
also, is it for -anything-? would preordering gow3 regular edition cost the same (3 games) as the limited edition?[/QUOTE]

No, it is only good for a max of $69.99. So if you want the LE you would need to pay the difference.

EDIT: This was at EB/GS

March 5 2009

PS3:
Blaz Blue $24.50
Tekken 6 $26.25
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 $40
Little Big Planet (GOTY) $26
Fallout 3 $13.50

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pavel6969']No, it is only good for a max of $69.99. So if you want the LE you would need to pay the difference.[/QUOTE]
i see, ok thanks again for ur help =)

March 5, 2010

Best Buy
The Saboteur (PS3): $40
The Saboteur (360): $40

Future Shop
The Saboteur (PS3): $40
The Saboteur (360): $40

EB Games:
Call of Duty 4 (360) - $7 :cry:
MLB 10: The Show (PS3) - $27 :whistle2:s

I only traded in COD4 cuz the guy said come back in a week or two and maybe MLB's TIV will increase.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']EB Games:
Call of Duty 4 (360) - $7 :cry:
MLB 10: The Show (PS3) - $27 :whistle2:s

I only traded in COD4 cuz the guy said come back in a week or two and maybe MLB's TIV will increase.[/QUOTE]

cod4 is most likely going to go up as well. Plus, i'm sure you could have sold it for 15$ locally.

EB as of March 6/10

PS3
Heavy Rain - $27
White Knight Chronicles - $30

I'm a little disappointed that Heavy Rain's at $27, but I'm gonna be trading them both towards God of War so I guess that's a $10 bump.

EB March 7th

Dragon Age - $35
Need for Speed Shift - $7 :cry:

Both for 360. What a complete scam for NFS, considering it was going for $40 a few weeks ago. I made up for the loss by finding a copy of DJ Hero at Futureshop for $50 (It was on the clearance table)

Wow Shift is below $8? That's horrible. The TIVs will go back up after spring break so I would hold onto all of your games that don't qualify.

[quote name='Heartless18']EB March 7th

Dragon Age - $35
Need for Speed Shift - $7 :cry:

Both for 360. What a complete scam for NFS, considering it was going for $40 a few weeks ago. I made up for the loss by finding a copy of DJ Hero at Futureshop for $50 (It was on the clearance table)[/QUOTE]
Whoa, DJ Hero for $50? Was it new/open box and is there any more?

It was open box, but it's in mint condition. The CSR at FS told me the person brought it back after playing one song, because he didn't like it. I think I've seen the same copy for $99, but I guess no one bought it and they dropped it to the clearance table for $50.

Blockbuster Video Trade-In Values for March 7/10

TNA Impact (PS3) - $10
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard (PS3) - $10
Assassin's Creed (PS3) - $10
Hellboy: Science of Evil (PS3) - $10
Lost: Via Domus (360) - $10
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 (360) - $10
Bionic Commando (360) - $10
Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2 (360) - $1
Spider-Man 3 (PS3) - $1

March 8, 2010

EB Games
Oblivion (360) - $5.50
Assassins Creed (360) - $4.00
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (360) - $1.75
Perfect Dark Zero (360) - $1.25
Madden 08 (360) - $0.10
Madden 09 (PS3) - $0.15
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) - $7.00
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PS3) - $7.50
Motorstorm (PS3) - $0.60
Madden 10 (PS3) - $25.00
MLB 08 The Show (PS3) - $0.15
Tiger Woods 09 (PS3) - $7.01
NHL 09 (PS3) - $0.25

Kabalie: run to the nearest BBV to trade these games, many of them are worth $10 at BBV (see $10 BBV minimum TIV thread for details).

eb games:
x:men origins: wolverine (360) - $2
smackdown vs raw 2010 (360) - $25

best buy:

x:men origins: wolverine (360) - $16
smackdown vs raw 2010 (360) - $40

Prices will shoot back up after spring break. Just start making a pile of all the usual suspects and in the 2nd week of April prepare to unload them for T3s.

lots of kids not in school coming in and raiding eb!

Holy shinto I felt liked I raped Eb today. traded in games worth 5-7 dollars and came out with 350$ in credit! HAHAHA that GOW3 promotion rules.

[quote name='JnJosh']lots of kids not in school coming in and raiding eb!

Holy shinto I felt liked I raped Eb today. traded in games worth 5-7 dollars and came out with 350$ in credit! HAHAHA that GOW3 promotion rules.[/QUOTE]

How'd that happen??

ps3 titles @ eb
army of two 5
assass creed 6.25
beijing 7
bf bad company 4
brothers in arms 4
bioshock 4
blacksite 4.75
blazing angels 1 - 7
blazing angels 2 - 7
brutal legend 7
burnout 5
condemed 2 - 7
conflict 7
darkness 4.50
quake enemy 4.75
fight night 3 - 4
fracture 4.75
fuel 7.25
genji 4
gh aerosmith 4.75
golden axe 5.25
godfather 2 4.25
iron man 7
lost planet 7
lotr conquest 4
mirrors edge 4
mlb manager 4.75
moto 08 6.50
gundam 1 - 6.50
nba ballers 3.50
nba live 08 3.50
nba street homecourt 6.50
nfl head coach 4
nfs prostreet 4.75
orange box 7
pirates of car 6.25
prince of persia 4.25
r6v 4
shellshock 2 4.75
skate 7
socom 4
spiderman 5.25
stranglehold 3.50
tigerwoods 08 - 4.75
unreal 5.75
wall-e 7
wanted 4.25
wwe legends 6.75

and yes, eb trade in values go down about 3 or 4 times majorly in a year.

Christmas time
March Break
Summer Break

This all coincides with their sales at those respective times. March sale about to start, prices go down, TIV's go down.

Values go back up once sales are done!

bread's done
Back