[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maigoyume']EB as of Aug 30

Resident Evil 4 (Wii) - 12
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 6.75 (ugh)[/QUOTE]

Ugh indeed at Zelda. Last hope is a trade-3 deal at Best Buy for TIVs $6+ (think it's about $8 there).

FS - Aug 31st

Forza 3 $20
Wario Land: Shake It! $15

Used these for the T2 for Metroid, and saw the prices on the screen... I think this is the 1st time I've actually made profit on a game, bought Wario for $10

August 31

Ebgames - Singularity ps3 = $35
- Final Fantasy 13 ps3 = $35
- God of war 3 ps3 = $32.xx

powertraded singularity for fifa 11, got $52.50 towards it, not bad for a game I got out of the trade 3 for 2 deal a couple of months ago with harry potter from future shop

EBG Aug 31/10

360-
Battlefield Bad Company 2 $30
Crackdown 2 $40

It's on most wanted so get rid of it while you still can guys.

Also @set0, excellent TIV on Borderlands, I was expecting a $25er tbh, but was delighted to hear $30+. Especially since I got it day one at $39.89 at Best Buy.

August 31, 2010
went to best buy today (laval, qc)

Blur (360) - $30.00
CoD World at War (360) - $8.00

both worked for the metroid other M trade

I would like to point out that those values were almost all compliments of TripleQ collecting them on his own time over the past few months :razz:

[quote name='Placebo']EBG Aug 31/10

360-
Battlefield Bad Company 2 $30
Crackdown 2 $40

It's on most wanted so get rid of it while you still can guys.

Also @set0, excellent TIV on Borderlands, I was expecting a $25er tbh, but was delighted to hear $30+. Especially since I got it day one at $39.89 at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

How much do you get for Bad Company 2 if it's on the most wanted list?

I want to get NHL11 and want to trade Bad Company 2 and Read Dead Redemption to the BB/FS trade 2 get NHL 11 free or go to EbGames and trade it in using the game's high values to have some left over credit for GT5.

360 Modern Warfare 2 - $30 - September 9th, 2010, BB
360 Assassin's Creed 2 - $8 - September 9th, 2010, BB
360 Assassin's Creed - $5 - September 9th, 2010, BB

Quick question for you guys. I haven't traded anything in at Gamestop in quite some time, and now on their promotions page of their website it says "select games" for the trade 3 for Halo Reach. I'm just curious if this means you can only do the trade 3 from the games listed above this, or if it's still anything over $8 TIV?

EBGames
Do not qualify
Heavenly Sword 5-6$
Hulk PS3 5-6$
Contact DS 5-6$
Biggest Loser DS 7.75$

Qualify
Ys Seven 22$
Metroid Other M 30$

Just got back from EB with some TIV's, all for the PS3

Infamous - $14
Final Fantasy 13 - $30

Armored Core 4 - less than $8 (wasn't given an exact value, just wanted to put it out there since it was a qualifier as of a couple of weeks ago)

LittleBigPlanet GOTY
Bioshock 2
God of War Collection
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
The 4 of these still qualify for trade 3 get it free, though I wasn't given their exact values

[quote name='maigoyume']EB as of Sept 6

DS

Rhythm heaven - 6.25
Zelda: Phantom hourglass - 5.25

Wii
Warioland: Shake it - 6.25
Resident Evil 4 - 6[/QUOTE]

You can use Wario for Future Shop's Trade-2 (if it's still there this week).

[quote name='Bamm']Armored Core 4 - >$8 (wasn't given an exact value, just wanted to put it out there since it was a qualifier as of a couple of weeks ago)[/QUOTE]

Wonder if the 360 version is also that much, wouldn't mind getting rid of it!

[quote name='matsam']Wonder if the 360 version is also that much, wouldn't mind getting rid of it![/QUOTE]

I actually screwed up with my original post, and meant to say it was worth less than $8. And to think I messed that up, and just did a major stats course last fall, heh.

Hey can anyone confirm that the T2 deal at Gamestop can be done with any game with over $8 trade value and not solely the games on the list?
Thanks in advance

[quote name='Renderthal']Hey can anyone confirm that the T2 deal at Gamestop can be done with any game with over $8 trade value and not solely the games on the list?
Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

No one can confirm that because that is not how the deal exists. If you get a CSR to do that then it is YMMV.

Halo Reach (360) ~ $27.50 @ EB

I asked for kicks to see if it was $40 T.I.V. on day 1 as many are for 2 or so weeks after their release. It was way below that...it even surprised the worker.

@EB
09/15/2010
(PS3)
Rock Band 2 - 8.50
GH5 - 14.00
Infamous - 13.50
LBP - 20

Yay on RB2 qualifying for 3-1 on MOH

[quote name='kyle071785']Halo Reach (360) ~ $27.50 @ EB

I asked for kicks to see if it was $40 T.I.V. on day 1 as many are for 2 or so weeks after their release. It was way below that...it even surprised the worker.[/QUOTE]
Probably a most wanted title next month I'd wager.

Yeah there is no way that Reach would NOT be a most wanted title.

I'm hoping for a $45 TIV at FS/BB in the near future for when I eventually get sick of the multiplayer.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Probably a most wanted title next month I'd wager.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm still holding onto Mafia 2. I'm done with the game, but its current TIV is $27.50

EBGames Sept 19
Hulk PS3 5-6$
Contact DS 5-6$
Sonic and the Secret Rings 5.75$ (it's a most wanted title...)
The Biggest Loser DS 7.75$
---------------------------
Disgaea 3 8.50$
Ys Seven 12.50$
Metroid Other M 30$

buying a ps3 curious to know the trade in value on these games (if anyone knows any, pref FS)

COD: WaW
Condemned 2
GH3
The Darkness
NHL 09
NHL 10
VF5
NHL 2k8
NBA 2k8

[quote name='maigoyume']Eb games as of Sept 21

wario land: shake it - 6.25
Resident 4 (Wii) - 6