[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Lego Pirates 3DS EB $15 BB $15

Medal of Honor PS3 $7 BB
Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time $7 BB
Dead Rising 2 PS3 $15 BB
LA Noire PS3 $40 BB

June.15, 11
Naruto Shippuden Dragon Blade Wii $6.xx EB

I'm not so sure, I thought it was a qualifier but apprently not.

The games that did work:
Mario Party Ds ds 10.00 EB
Dragon Age Origins Awakening PS3 9.00
Ghost Trick ds 11.00 EB
Super Street Fighter IV PS3 10.00

June.16, 11
Star Wars the Forced Unleashed II 360 10.00
Alpha Protocol PS3 8.00

Anyone know the trade in value for de blob 2? The last update was in may, I don't think it has changed yet.

[quote name='Faytz']June.15, 11
Anyone know the trade in value for de blob 2? The last update was in may, I don't think it has changed yet.[/QUOTE]

I think its still around 10-11$. I can check for you today.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I think its still around 10-11$. I can check for you today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, if that's true I might pick it up and add one to my trading toward psp vita list.

I saw the wii and ps3 version I think.

there's canadian stock of deblob2? specifically ps3? i had to order from a UK site for ~$16

& american sites have it for $40 or something

[quote name='kn00tcn']there's canadian stock of deblob2? specifically ps3? i had to order from a UK site for ~$16

& american sites have it for $40 or something[/QUOTE]

Really? I believe I saw it at blockbusters, not sure if it's still there since it's rather cheap (I think around 8 dollars after tax). I might be wrong though since there were alot of games.

[quote name='kn00tcn']there's canadian stock of deblob2? specifically ps3? i had to order from a UK site for ~$16

& american sites have it for $40 or something[/QUOTE]

Yeah I ordered mine from Zavvi for 15$ on PS3. Ill trade mine this morning and report back.

PS3 DeBlob 2 EB 17.50$ (boom sha-ka)
PS3 God of War Collection EB 11$
360 Halo Reach FR EB 10$
360 R.U.S.E. EB 6$
360 F.E.A.R. EB 5.50$
PS3 Final Fantasy XIII EB 7$
DS Phantasy Star Zero EB 5$

EB as of June 17

DS Nintendogs: Lab and Friends - 6.25
DS Sands of Destruction - 4.25
x360 Halo Wars - 6
x360 Lego Rockband - 1
x360 Bionic Commando - 3

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Yeah I ordered mine from Zavvi for 15$ on PS3. Ill trade mine this morning and report back.[/QUOTE]

How do you trade UK games? My EB told me they don't accept UK PS3 games. Ordered Tomb Raider Trilogy from zavvi.com and would like to trade it in after I'm done playing with it.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']he meant he is trading his US copy since he imported PAL version[/QUOTE]

No lol. All the EB stores around here accept UK games. Ive seen quite alot of those in-store. Hell I have even seen Japanese ones (rarely). PAL games will work on US console so they should acdcept it. If not, try somewhere else.

Best Buy June 26th, 2011

Nights: Journey of Dreams - Wii - 1.00
Shawn White Snowboarding: Road Trip - Wii - 3.00

Super Street Fighter IV - 360 - 8.00
Williams Pinball Hall of Fame - 360 - 2.00
Army of Two: 40th Day - 360 - 5.00

The T5 get additional $20 gave those low value ones a nice little boost, essentially +4$ on each title

can I trade-in a game A towards a game B pre-order (bonus credit for preordering), then return the game B to get a credit for its full price ?

[quote name='imad']can I trade-in a game A towards a game B pre-order (bonus credit for preordering), then return the game B to get a credit for its full price ?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, and it can get you flagged for ban as well.

Eb game changed their most wanted list again:

http://www.gamestop.ca/tradeins

GET THE BEST VALUE FOR YOUR USED GAMES
...GUARANTEED

• Mario Sports Mix | Wii | $20 TRADE CREDIT
  • Mario Party 8 | Wii | $20 TRADE CREDIT
  • Michael Jackson: The Experience | Wii | $20 TRADE CREDIT
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl | Wii | $18 TRADE CREDIT
  • Sims 3 | Wii | $15 TRADE CREDIT
  • Just Dance Kids | Wii | $12 TRADE CREDIT
  • F.E.A.R. 3 | XB360 | $35 TRADE CREDIT
  • Alice: Madness Returns | XB360 | $35 TRADE CREDIT
  • Wipeout: In the Zone | XB360 | $25 TRADE CREDIT
  • Dungeon Seige III | XB360 | $25 TRADE CREDIT
  • Dirt 3 | XB360 | $20 TRADE CREDIT
  • Alice: Madness Returns | PS3 | $35 TRADE CREDIT
  • L.A. Noire | PS3 | $35 TRADE CREDIT
  • Red Faction: Armageddon | PS3 | $30 TRADE CREDIT
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River | PS3 | $25 TRADE CREDIT
  • Record of Agarest: War Zero | PS3 | $20 TRADE CREDIT
  • LEGO Pirates of the Carribean | PS3 | $15 TRADE CREDIT

Valid on PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, Nintendo DS, 3DS and Xbox 360 trade games only. Total trade-in credit cannot exceed the retail price of the item being purchased. Games must include boxes and instructions. No duplicate titles accepted. Some titles may be excluded. While supplies last. Offer may be discontinued at any time. Valid in Canada only. Trade credit not offered at all EB Games/Gamestop locations. See in-store for complete details. Promotion valid from July 3 - July 30, 2011.

I"m thinking of trading in L.A Noire for the $35, and buy the game back again when the price reaches around $15..

EB as of July 8

Wii No More Heroes - 2
Wii Monkey Ball Banana Blitz - 2
Wii Pikmin NPC - 5.25
360 Halo Wars - 6.25
360 Bionic Commando - 2.75
360 Lego Rockband - 1
DS Big Brain Academy - 1
DS Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - 1
DS Hotel Dusk - 2.75

What the? They accept Trace Memory now? Thanks for sharing!

Just for the record, some of those games like BBA DS would have given you more at Best Buy.

Just wanted to thank everyone for posting the TIVs. However, for those posting TIVs, if you could use the following format (or something like it), it'd make entering in the TIVs a lot easier. The following format would work best:

CONSOLE TITLE STORE VALUE

PS3 Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires EB $15

If something could be posted close to that (something like maigoyume would also be great), it'd be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks for providing the TIVs updates!

[quote name='KnuxSonic8']What the? They accept Trace Memory now? Thanks for sharing!

Just for the record, some of those games like BBA DS would have given you more at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]Is there a general place in Canada in which you get the most credit?

Like what is the best place to trade in?

Depends on how new the game is. Personally, I've grown fond of Best Buy's TIV system in the last year or so and I'm usually very hesitant to trade anything in at Gamestop these days. There are some exceptions though when GS offers more TIV and it's more worthwhile to trade it in there.

[quote name='KnuxSonic8']Depends on how new the game is. Personally, I've grown fond of Best Buy's TIV system in the last year or so and I'm usually very hesitant to trade anything in at Gamestop these days. There are some exceptions though when GS offers more TIV and it's more worthwhile to trade it in there.[/QUOTE]Thanks.

I just want to get rid of some really old DS/Wii games but I don't know if I should trade them in using Bestbuy and their T3 + $10 deal or just sell them on my local classifieds. Would you recommend trading in older games to BB or just sell them?

I want to get rid of:

Age of Empires: Age of Kings- probably 0.75 cents lol
Mario Strikers: Charged- $15
Red Steel 2- $1

I could probably get around $27 for everything with the promo and I would put that to a DS game probably.

Thoughts?

You could probably make more than $15 on MSC. I personally think it's a great game. One of my early favourites for the system. But you need to ask yourself if it's worth the trouble of doing so. And yeah, those $1 games are perfect for the promo if you're willing to part with them. Hope that helps.

[quote name='KnuxSonic8']You could probably make more than $15 on MSC. I personally think it's a great game. One of my early favourites for the system. But you need to ask yourself if it's worth the trouble of doing so. And yeah, those $1 games are perfect for the promo if you're willing to part with them. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]Thanks!

I think I am going to replace MSC with another $1 game then. Maybe Super Money Ball Banana Blitz.

A quick $13 TIV. Not bad.

EB:
NFS Carbon 360: $7
Hot Shots Golf 5 PS3: $7

FS:
Medal of Honor 360: $3
Guitar Hero Aerosmith 360: $1
Stuntman Ignition 360: $2
Iron Man 1 360: $4
Rock Revolution 360: $1
Viva Pinata 360: $2
Heavenly Sword PS3: $5
Resistance 2 PS3: $5
MGS4 PS3: $5

EB July 26, 2011

360 Arcania: Gothic 4 - 15.00
360 Borderlands (Reg Ed.) - 6.75
360 Def Jam Rapstar - 6.25
360 Lego Pirates - 15.00
360 My Sims Sky Heroes - 5.50
360 NHL 2K10 - 2.00

Edit: Ooops, had the wrong date in there from my last update.

Today @ EB

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)(Limited/Regular versions) - $5
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - $12
Heavy Rain - $9
Yakuza 3 - $8

Today at EB (Aug 2nd)

Batman AA 360 - $7
Transformers DotM 360 - $22.50
Duke Nukem Forever 360 - $25
Call of Juzrez: The Cartel 360 - $30
Golden Compass Wii - $1.25
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood PS3 - $4.25
Killzone 3 PS3 - $16

[quote name='Jessup']Today at EB (Aug 2nd)

Batman AA 360 - $7
Transformers DotM 360 - $22.50
Duke Nukem Forever 360 - $25
Call of Juzrez: The Cartel 360 - $30
Golden Compass Wii - $1.25
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood PS3 - $4.25
Killzone 3 PS3 - $16[/QUOTE]

Killzone 3 is 16$ at EB now? Fail.

bread's done
Back