[Canada] EB Games October Trade 3 Games

Median

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was at the EB at Eaton Centre today and it seems that there's a new Trade 3 list for October. I can't remember them all, but I did catch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Avatar, and Gran Turismo 5.

EDIT: Updated list below

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
New Super Mario Bros.
Gran Turismo 5
Borderlands
Lego Rock Band
Assassin's Creed 2
Darksiders
Forza Motorsport 3
Dragon Age: Origins

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... GT5 is tempting. I'm going to do the trade 2 at Rogers for MW2, but otherwise I would've been tempted by this one too. Not sure about Borderlands though... could be a good choice too.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']New SMB....interesting[/QUOTE]

New Super Mario Bros. also has another promo going where it's Trade 2 (Minimum trade value of $8) pay $9.99 till November 7th. It's on the second last page of the fall catalogue.

My store had Darksiders and Big League Sports (?) listed as T3. Also Forza 3 and Dragon Age: Origins but those aren't new

@craig64 Borderlands will be awesome, get it

From my experience EB Games @ Eaton Centre Toronto will let you pre-order anything with the trade 3. Most other stores will only allow trade 3 for a certain list of games.

I was able to trade 3 for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Tekken 6, Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 back in August / September.

[quote name='supergrover99']New Super Mario Bros. also has another promo going where it's Trade 2 (Minimum trade value of $8) pay $9.99 till November 7th. It's on the second last page of the fall catalogue.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, so doing this. Like I'm going to wait for a sale with first-party games.

[quote name='janlazer']So after all this dicking around with GG games to get the non-T3 games, they're now T3's?! SONOMABENCH![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I felt some pangs of rage too, but I'm pretty sure some of the stuff I traded in last month have dropped below $8 now.

Will New Super Mario Bros sell for $59.99 or $49.99?

If it sells for $59.99, the T2 + $9.99 is a good deal (boost to $25 for each game), if $49.99, not so a great deal.

[quote name='cashinstinct']Will New Super Mario Bros sell for $59.99 or $49.99?

If it sells for $59.99, the T2 + $9.99 is a good deal (boost to $25 for each game), if $49.99, not so a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Currently $59.99

Wii Fit Plus is currently trade any 4 Wii games (Trade in values of $8 or more) and get it for $9.99. It's listed in the current newsletter. Offer Ends Oct. 11, 2009.

content.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this official? I went to the EB at Gerrard Square (Toronto) and they shot it down.

Amusingly, I tried to do a T3G1 for DJ Hero and they said there's no SKU available.

If the store shoots you down, then have them call the Eaton Centre. I often T3 at EB on Queen Street (near Spadina) - and they always give me hassle - so I always ask them to call Eaton Centre... and voila its an available game for T3.

[quote name='EraserXXX']If the store shoots you down, then have them call the Eaton Centre. I often T3 at EB on Queen Street (near Spadina) - and they always give me hassle - so I always ask them to call Eaton Centre... and voila its an available game for T3.[/QUOTE]

The signage seems to differ from store to store, which is weird. I know last month a couple of the Brampton EBs didn't seem to offer all of the possible trade 3s, but a couple of the downtown Toronto ones did. YMMV, unless you get them to call another store I guess.

Hey guys, do DS games work for trade in 3 get it free? ive got Ratchet and Ass Creed on PS3, and wondering if my Nintendogs (Lab and friends) would work. Thanks for the help

To add to what Lone said, the games that you trade don't have to be for the same as the system as the preordered game. (so you could trade a wii, xbox 360 and a ds game for a ps3 T3 preorder.)

I think I'll do Gran Turismo. It'll take so long I'll be able to switch it to Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, or Final Fantasy XIII. Already got everything I need this year aside from Zelda for DS and I ain't wasting a T3 for that!

[quote name='EraserXXX']If the store shoots you down, then have them call the Eaton Centre. I often T3 at EB on Queen Street (near Spadina) - and they always give me hassle - so I always ask them to call Eaton Centre... and voila its an available game for T3.[/QUOTE]

If Queen always hassles you, why not just go to the Eaton Centre? It's a five minute walk.

[quote name='Firestorm']I think I'll do Gran Turismo. It'll take so long I'll be able to switch it to Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, or Final Fantasy XIII. Already got everything I need this year aside from Zelda for DS and I ain't wasting a T3 for that![/QUOTE]

I was able to do a T3 for Final Fantasy XIII today, so you can probably check with your store if you can switch your preorder game. I switched from Smackdown 2010 to FFXIII, with no problems.

The guy seemed to think that Final Fantasy Versus XIII was coming out on the same day [I don't think it has a release date yet], and was taking preorders for that as well.

So this is probably extreme YMMV, but I was EB in Complexe des Ailes (Montreal) and a guy only had 2 $8+ games and they just bumped those 2 games to $23.33 and had him pay the difference.

Not that extreme, I believe the official policy is that is that you need to T3, but if the third one is < $8, only the other 2 are bumped and you can pay the difference.

bread's done
Back