[Canada] EB Games: Trade 2 + $10 Get it Free

They will give you $25 dollars for each game you trade towards a new game!

I can pretty much get all wii games for $10 and all 360 games for $20 thru this promo,

[quote name='gamer602']They will give you $25 dollars for each game you trade towards a new game!

I can pretty much get all wii games for $10 and all 360 games for $20 thru this promo,[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be all wii games for free and 360 games for $10? ($20 for collector editions ie games that are $69.99)

Bah, now I don't know what to do! I do want 2k9, but the other games coming out (Animal Crossing, Left 4 Dead, Mirror`s Edge, etc.).

They show Prince of Persia, but I thought that wasn`t coming out until December! Bah, reviews need to come out sooner.

EDIT: Can this apply to PC games?

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the Fairview Mall/Scarborough Town location both of them said the promo has not started yet. (Toronto, Ontario)

Hmm... I'm having trouble deciding between Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and Animal Crossing: City Folk. I just have one question: Isn't Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World $40? (I remember hearing that is was $40, but maybe I'm confusing it with another game)

[quote name='Yaceka93']Hmm... I'm having trouble deciding between Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and Animal Crossing: City Folk. I just have one question: Isn't Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World $40? (I remember hearing that is was $40, but maybe I'm confusing it with another game)[/quote]
Yeah, Amazon has it listed for $40 (actually on sale for $36). Good thing I found this out! Makes my decision (same as yours) a lot easier :)

Just got back from EB (second time). The employees had not heard of the promotion the first time I showed up. Printed out the webpage (flyer) and the pdf about the deal and returned. They were suprized and a little tweaked they hadn't been advised.

They also mentioned another store called asking them about the deal between the time I left and returned, so I expect it's the same at many locations.

Do yourself a favor and either call first or print the deal to take in hand.

Picked up LBP for $11.29 with 2 games $8+

Thats weird cause i went into the PIckering Town Centre Location and traded in 4 games and payed 20 bucks for Resistance 2 and The Last Remnant.

Hmmm, www.ebgames.ca removed the flyer of that promotion. Wonder if it'll still work.

Just called my EB. The promotion should officially start this Friday (November 7th).

[quote name='summer_star17x']does anyone know the TIV at eb for any of these 360 games:
Assassin's Creed
Army of Two
Conan
Gun

The TIV site hasnt really been updated in a while..[/quote]

I seem to remember AC going back up, but that may have been FS or BBV. The other 3 are under $8.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I seem to remember AC going back up, but that may have been FS or BBV. The other 3 are under $8.[/quote]

assassin's creed IS over $8. i don't know the exact value, but i used it as part of the trade 3 promotion last week.

Is it for up to $69.99 in value?
If so, I'll just not go to Futureshop (nobody knows what they're doing with trade-ins there) and get the CE of GoW2 at EB...

I noticed that the Scarborough Town Center location and the Eaton Center location had big banners up promoting this deal.

I managed to get Little Big Planet for:
PS3 : Socom Confrontation $13
PS3 : Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 $12

Confirmed the deal at EB Markville. People were trading things in. I eavesdropped a bit (and asked about a couple) and got some values. (See TIV thread)

[quote name='halcyon1234']Confirmed the deal at EB Markville. People were trading things in. I eavesdropped a bit (and asked about a couple) and got some values. (See TIV thread)[/quote]
I thought Markham had a new law where people can't trade in games?

I swore I posted in this thread before.
Can anyone recomend me some games that I can buy for farily cheap (maybe BBV) so I can trade them in to EB . DO you need a EB EDGE card ?
The most I am willing to spend is 40 bucks and if I spend more than it's not a deal
:(

[quote name='turgore2008']I swore I posted in this thread before.
Can anyone recomend me some games that I can buy for farily cheap (maybe BBV) so I can trade them in to EB . DO you need a EB EDGE card ?
The most I am willing to spend is 40 bucks and if I spend more than it's not a deal
:([/quote]
It's YMMV, but I would just check out www.tivs.ca and look at the highlighted games (tiv > 8). Check your local BBV and try your luck there, they raised the prices on their used games so now its even harder.

whole deal is YMMV now.

Queen/Spadina stop doing the deal today (they had it during the weekend).

Looks like stores are now deciding personally whether they want to participate or not even though its in the flyer.

My other semi-regular EB is doing this but they're only taking trade-ins for already released games this month, no preorders. Bitch!

[quote name='PuppetYuber']what if a game with tivs of let say $20-35 do we still need to trade 2 + money?[/quote]

Yes, so if the TIV is > $25 you're better off just trading it in for credit.

The deal is on in KW, they have lots of ceiling banners up. I traded in for a GOW2 pre-order today.

[quote name='Porumy']What does YMMV stand for?
Anyone able to confirm any Montreal locations?[/QUOTE]

The one in Galeries d'Anjou was aware of the promotion.

this is on at some of the locations in burlington. the one that had it on that i was at today had signs all over for it. another i went to is starting it on the weekend. i wasn't sure if that was friday or sat.

i was told that this deal is only for new releases, i wanted to preorder call of duty world at war, but since it is not out right now i was told i would have to come back on nov 12th and hope that my games are still >8$ tiv

[quote name='hgill88']i was told that this deal is only for new releases, i wanted to preorder call of duty world at war, but since it is not out right now i was told i would have to come back on nov 12th and hope that my games are still >8$ tiv[/quote]

Wow your EB sucks, they couldn't have just preordered the game for you? Lame

[quote name='Porumy'] What does YMMV stand for?[/quote]

YMMV - Your mileage may vary

[quote name='hgill88']i was told that this deal is only for new releases, i wanted to preorder call of duty world at war, but since it is not out right now i was told i would have to come back on nov 12th and hope that my games are still >8$ tiv[/quote]

Ouch.... what a bunch of pricks! Maybe see if another store in town will offer it, or try again when that employee isn't working. That just doesn't seem right...

[quote name='MaddogMonty']Do they mean new release as in a game that has released in November?[/quote]

the guy at my store said anything that is released in november, currently part of the trade 3 deal, or anything that's been released in the last two weeks. it's definitely ymmv. i'm lucky that pretty much all of the eb games employees around here seem to be cool people.

I used:
Battalion Wars 2 Wii $17
Elite Beat Agents DS $8
for Animal Crossing Wii :) I felt I needed something happy to cleanse my pallet of shooting, shooting and more shooting I'll be playing the next few months.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I used:
Battalion Wars 2 Wii $17
Elite Beat Agents DS $8
for Animal Crossing Wii :) I felt I needed something happy to cleanse my pallet of shooting, shooting and more shooting I'll be playing the next few months.[/quote]
is that the money you paid or is that the TIV ?

My store at Downtown Edmonton said the deal was only applicable for current-generation games, so if you have a PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox game you're out of luck, over $8 or not.

[quote name='turgore2008']is that the money you paid or is that the TIV ?[/QUOTE]

It was TIV. Just to post fresh info for neksus or anyone else.

I'm going to try and use:
-Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy
-Nights: Journey of Dreams (100% sure it'll work)

If Blast Works doesn't work then I'll have to use Battalion Wars 2 (even though it's my 2nd favourite Wii game). I'm hoping to get Animal Crossing: City Folk.

Update: Blast Works didn't work. RIP BWii. :(

I also ended up getting No More Heroes for $20.

I just traded:

PS3 - Nascar 08
Wii - Godfather, Blackhand Edition

For the deal. That and $10 (well, $11.29 after tax) and I have a pre-order for $60 in credit-- urr, I mean "the wrestling game that I'm totally going to want". =)

[quote name='Porumy']What does YMMV stand for?
Anyone able to confirm any Montreal locations?[/quote]

Your Mileage May Vary.

Oh god I'm sooo rusty with these deals. I forgot to check after buying two games from BBV and one has no instructions. Let's hope they're loose at EB. It was Lost Planet: Extreme Condition ($10). Also picked up Harry Potter & OotP ($15). TIVs.ca Mobile is a big help! Although I think I'd prefer if the date was shown beside it at the very least =(

You can always rent a copy of LP:EC from somewhere and "forget" to put the manual back. (After all, someone "forgot" to put the manual in your copy, and BBV passed the buck onto you =) )

bread's done
Back