[Canada] EB Games: Trade-in for used consoles (1 for XB/GC, 4 for 360)

[quote name='shimbibby']Are most of the 360's still under the Microsoft warranty?
If they are, couldn't you have it fixed if it has 3 red lights or E74?[/QUOTE]

Depends if the original owner registered it or not? I'm not sure what would happen if it was already registered online.

well at EB Games Canada online I see no mention of a deal to get a Gamecube or Xbox with a trade in ... also it would be nice if EB fixed the way they have their flyer up online ... almost like they don't want us to read it ??!?!?!?!

My store had a little cardboard stand stating these deals.
Anyways, I got a used GameCube. Seems to be in pretty good condition, but they gave me a shiesty third party controller. Oh well, I already have 2 controllers from my last Cube so it's all good!

i got a 360 on tuesday i believe it was... already have one.. but uhm.. nevermind ;)

was already registered online, but oh well. the one i got is an older one, no hdmi.

my cousin called the eb i went to and they said they were sold out then. i guess they said they had 6.

fyi, i traded in starfox command, nfs:u2, splinter cell: chaos theory and pgr4 (first 3 for ds). i actually got nfs and splinter cell for $4 each around 2-3 years ago from zellers!

traded in some other games.. few ps2 games and i didnt really notice but he gave me money for the one 360 game the fifth game that qualified (damn i wanted to use it for a different deal!)

was thinking about putting it towards a preorder since it bumps up its tiv, but since games are $70, its not worth it imo.

i might go up again on friday or saturday, maybe try to go to the other eb, or go to the one i went to and get a psp (ive had the original one since 2007 i think..), or a ds lite.

oh, and for the sake of ebgames... i havent had a bad experience with the employees. the other guy working with the guy who rang me up seemed like he didnt want to be there, but i didnt have him lol

[quote name='Skardee']My store had a little cardboard stand stating these deals.
Anyways, I got a used GameCube. Seems to be in pretty good condition, but they gave me a shiesty third party controller. Oh well, I already have 2 controllers from my last Cube so it's all good![/QUOTE]

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who got a 3rd-party controller heh...now I have ANOTHER system to collect games for! I just got matched up with Metroid Prime today, so I'm pretty pumped! :D

Just heard about this deal from a friend. I'm guessing all the 360's are gone in the GVR for now?

Is it worth getting the old Xbox? (If it's even available) I heard the XBMC would be a good reason, does anyone mind giving some info about that as well? :D

[quote name='Icetron']Just heard about this deal from a friend. I'm guessing all the 360's are gone in the GVR for now?

Is it worth getting the old Xbox? (If it's even available) I heard the XBMC would be a good reason, does anyone mind giving some info about that as well? :D[/QUOTE]

Depends on if it has games you'd like! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games

XBMC is pretty nice, but keep in mind the original Xbox does not output high definition. I haven't used it in a long while, but as far as I remember it'll run most video formats that you can throw at it. Just, nothing high def.

Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can get ahold of one since I don't think I really want a 360 right now anyways. :)

Traded in Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP) for an original Xbox. I used the last few dollars off a Metrotown giftcard to pick up the game, so the system cost me a grand total of $3.20 :D (total was $11.20 - $8 GC). Added the 1yr warranty for $4. The one I got is in really decent shape. Had to get the xbox from Lougheed though, Metrotown didn't have any.

Might try for a GC today, Metrotown said they had tons of them.

Thanks OP!

At Zellers Place Versailles, the deal is Trade 6 + $199 for Used PS3 (signs are up showing that)... makes me feel good about having used +- $300 credit for a New PS3 early in the summer.... I would not have found easily 6 different games!

Got two Xboxes for XBMC. At a single game, this is a steal. I was more than happy with the $50 I paid for one at christmas last year.

Picked the last one up at Sherway EB, and then another one at the outside EB near Sherway. Both seemed surprised I wanted an old Xbox :)

Does anyone know when this deal goes until? (And if the answer is posted on page 2, feel free to mock my heritage, body odor and reading comprehension skills)

[quote name='halcyon1234']Does anyone know when this deal goes until? (And if the answer is posted on page 2, feel free to mock my heritage, body odor and reading comprehension skills)[/QUOTE]

I asked that specific question. The EB employees I talked to were "pretty sure" the deal was going on all month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the same. Was told that it was on for the entire month. The only real question is how often stores get restocked.

hey, i posted this on rfd but i was wondering what some of your insight would be...

i got a 360 earlier this month at eb, they told me when i bought it they dont do the warranty, and when i saw it on the side of the box, i called back the next day and they said they dont do it on 06 models.

yesterday i decided just to check and asked on rfd, because it seemed weird... guys there said they got a warranty on their 06 models, so i called earlier today, and they said they dont do the warranty at all there, and that if i wanted a warranty to return it and go to the other ebgames.

i called the other eb to see if they could give me a warranty on the console, as at rfd they said if i bought it at a diff eb they still should, and the guy said they dont do warranties on used consoles there either after asking him if it was normal that the other one told me that.

guys at rfd suggested i call their office, but i dont really want to get into it that much lol. just a little rant.

The deal EBgames console trade deal lasts until; august 29th I believe. the most interesting thing is that Blockbusters has a buy 2 get one free on used games right now. so if you combine that with this offer . . .

i managed to get a ds lite and PSP by spending about 76 dollars on each.
the games i bought were :

wanted (ps3)
MGS4 (ps3)
Prince of persia (ps3)
too human (360)
Need for speed undercover (ps3)

in various combinations to get 4 for each deal.

NFS undercover is being sold for 24.50 right now at blockbuster, which is the same as it's trade in value, so if you bought 3 you could actually make money by trading in for store credit

good luck

bread's done
Back