[Canada] EB/GameStop Daily Doorcrasher Thread of Daily Deals Hopefully Updated Daily

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!
Tongue-in-cheek title aside, it is what it says. This thread will be updated daily with the current deals, and hopefully rumblings of future deals too!

Today's (July 30/10) Deal:

Wii Music - Wii - $9.89

Wii-Music-8.jpg

Future Deals...?:

July 30, 2010 : Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $19.89 (rumoured and images provided by: Apollo Creed)

Previous Deals:

June 30, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 1, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 2, 2010 - NFS Shift - 360 - $19.89
July 3, 2010 - EA Sports Active: More Workouts - Wii - $19.89
July 4, 2010 - GTA: Chinatown Wars - PSP - $19.89
July 5, 2010 - Ninja Gaiden Summation of Multiple Terms TWO! - PS3 - $39.89
July 6, 2010 - Tekken 6 - 360 & PS3 - $19.89
July 7, 2010 - Brinks Security Door Disk (aka: NFL Head Coach) - 360 & PS3 - $14.89
July 8, 2010 - Dead Space Extraction - Wii - $19.89
July 9, 2010 - Pokemon: Myster Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - DS - $19.89
July 10, 2010 - Madden 10 - Wii - $19.89
July 11, 2010 - Need For Speed Shift - PSP - PRICE: NEVER!!!!
July 12, 2010 - Raiden IV - 360 - $9.89
July 13, 2010 - Section 8 - 360 and Need For Speed Shift - PSP - $9.89 ea.
July 14, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 15, 2010 - WET - PS3 & 360 - $9.89
July 16, 2010 - Wario Land: Shake It! - Wii - $9.89
July 17, 2010 - MotorStorm: Arctic Edge - PS2 - $9.89
July 18, 2010 - Legends of Wrestlemania - 360 - $9.89
July 19, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 20, 2010 - Naruto Shippuden: Ninja Destiny 2 - DS - $9.89
July 21, 2010 - Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $9.89
July 22, 2010 - Obscure: The Aftermath - PSP - $9.89
July 23, 2010 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game - DS - $9.89
July 24, 2010 - NBA 08 feat The Life v3 - PS2 - $9.89
July 25, 2010 - FUEL - PS3 & 360 - $9.89 (Thanks djsaiyan and Jouvert!)
July 26, 2010 - NHL 09 - 360 - $9.89
July 27, 2010 - EB gives you a map to go to BlockBuster (aka Facebreaker) - PS3 - $9.89
July 28, 2010 - Guiness World Records: The Video Game- Wii - $9.89
July 29, 2010 - G.I Joe: The Rise of The Cobra - 360 - $9.89

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']So do I need the first game (Im guessing yes...)?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you do. I think you just need the accessories (the tension band and thing to attach to your leg for the controller). The band is really really cheap, you could pick up a better quality at pretty much any general store or sports store. In theory, you could prolly just tie the remote to your leg instead of a pouch but haven't tried it.

[quote name='sposhead']I don't think you do. I think you just need the accessories (the tension band and thing to attach to your leg for the controller). The band is really really cheap, you could pick up a better quality at pretty much any general store or sports store. In theory, you could prolly just tie the remote to your leg instead of a pouch but haven't tried it.[/QUOTE]

I told my mother about this deal and she went into EB Games today and picked it up. She told me the guy at the cash said "You don't get the band but its cheap and not worth it so just buy your own." I assume you could put the nunchuck into your pocket or something of the sort?

Betting NGS2 will be at least $20-30 which is still too much for what is essentially an inferior game compared to the 360 version. The blood/gore removal REALLY kills the visceral feel the franchise has always had.

[quote name='Eoyote']Betting NGS2 will be at least $20-30 which is still too much for what is essentially an inferior game compared to the 360 version. The blood/gore removal REALLY kills the visceral feel the franchise has always had.[/QUOTE]

The only thing its missing is blood, everything else, and I do mean EVERYTHING is better on the ps3. More characters more stuff to do, better graphics, more moves. Like seriously if you think a game is inferior cause the blood is gone you are off your rocker and really missing/not understanding what makes a game good.

[quote name='Super Strokey']The only thing its missing is blood, everything else, and I do mean EVERYTHING is better on the ps3. More characters more stuff to do, better graphics, more moves. Like seriously if you think a game is inferior cause the blood is gone you are off your rocker and really missing/not understanding what makes a game good.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. The extra stuff sounds nice, but how's the camera in the PS3 version? Honestly, that's the only thing currently frustrating me about the game.

[quote name='JGonspy']Interesting. The extra stuff sounds nice, but how's the camera in the PS3 version? Honestly, that's the only thing currently frustrating me about the game.[/QUOTE]

About the same, sometimes the camera locking can be frustrating (it won't let you unlock when you want to sometimes)

(I like NG2 over NGS2 to be honest though. Over the past 2 weeks, I probably finished NG2 about 8 or 9 times on Master Ninja)

[quote name='Super Strokey']The only thing its missing is blood, everything else, and I do mean EVERYTHING is better on the ps3. More characters more stuff to do, better graphics, more moves. Like seriously if you think a game is inferior cause the blood is gone you are off your rocker and really missing/not understanding what makes a game good.[/QUOTE]

I never mentioned anything about what makes a game good. Ninja Gaiden, imo, is a great game. However, paying 60 (or in the case of this sale, possibly as much as $30) isn't really worth it.

The only people off their rocker are those that think the supposed "extra content" is worth paying that much of a premium for. When you can get the original for $10, I don't think so.

The 3 female characters can only be used in what, 1 level each? You can't even play the entire game with them. Not to mention the levels you do play them in are just copy & pasted from Ryu's levels. They were clearly added for the same reason Rachel was added in the first NGS - sex sells.

The textures are better but it's not as if the game looked bad to begin with. The online co-op missions were an interesting idea, but you can clearly see they were an afterthought and like most multiplayer in single-player games these days, feels out of place. Also, removal of the Test of Valor segments was a pretty weak decision as some of them are quite challenging and if you play Ninja Gaiden games, a challenge is probably what you're looking for.

A couple of half-baked tweaks, the addition of some playable breasts, an awkward multiplayer and the removal of one of the game's best assets doesn't really warrant the price. The game just doesn't have that adrenaline pumping, visceral, feels-awesome aspect to it when you lop an enemies leg/arm/head off and a puff of cartoon purple mist sprays out of their appendage.

Any way, I'm not saying it's not worth owning, but I do think you can do much better price-wise given the cost of the original and the fact that if you've played NG2, the additions aren't that big of a deal.

[quote name='Eoyote']I never mentioned anything about what makes a game good. Ninja Gaiden, imo, is a great game. However, paying 60 (or in the case of this sale, possibly as much as $30) isn't really worth it.

The only people off their rocker are those that think the supposed "extra content" is worth paying that much of a premium for. When you can get the original for $10, I don't think so.

The 3 female characters can only be used in what, 1 level each? You can't even play the entire game with them. Not to mention the levels you do play them in are just copy & pasted from the Ryu's levels. They were clearly added for the same reason Rachel was added in the first NGS - sex sells.

The textures are better but it's not as if the game looked bad to begin with. The online co-op missions were an interesting idea, but you can clearly see they were an afterthought and like most multiplayer in single-player games these days, feels out of place. Also, removal of the Test of Valor segments was a pretty weak decision as some of them are quite challenging and if you play Ninja Gaiden games, a challenge is probably what you're looking for.

A couple of half-baked tweaks, the addition of some playable breasts, an awkward multiplayer and the removal of one of the game's best assets doesn't really warrant the price. The game just doesn't have that adrenaline pumping, visceral, feels-awesome aspect to it when you lop an enemies leg/arm/head off and a puff of cartoon purple mist sprays out of their appendage.

Any way, I'm not saying it's not worth owning, but I do think you can do much better price-wise given the cost of the original and the fact that if you've played NG2, the additions aren't that big of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but just think, with this version you can play it on a system that doesn't die if you look at it funny.

Updated first post...slightly. I still don't know the price! I'll phone in a bit, and hopefully try to weasel out some info on the next few deals. If anything, i'll ask again when I go get Dissidia today ($13 used? :D)

I personally think it's better to get the original NG2, if only because it's cheaper. It's easily found new at BBV for $10, and if you can find one used, it's $2.50!

Thanks modano. I was phoning the Vaughan Mills location and for some reason they have the fax number on there o_0 I was looking at that thread too, but didn't want to feel like a massive bitch and just ride coattails (though I kinda have been doing this the past few days...)

The start of an RFD x CAG friendship? lolz

[quote name='modano9']Confirmed at $39.89 (I've updated the RFD thread). Feel free to use this information...:lol:[/QUOTE]

modano9, treacherous man!

...thanks!
Im actually very happy that this isnt 20$. I would have needed to run from work to get the deal...tons of meetings, a hassle :)

Thanks Modano, appreciate the update. Sorry to see the flack you are taking from some of the glory hounds over at RFD for sharing this information.

[quote name='anjo']Thanks Modano, appreciate the update. Sorry to see the flack you are taking from some of the glory hounds over at RFD for sharing this information.[/QUOTE]

OMG? Really, hahaha....seriously, get a life.

[quote name='Nukkus']Yeah but just think, with this version you can play it on a system that doesn't die if you look at it funny.[/QUOTE]

The older model PS3s (mainly the 60GB and 80GB b/c) have begun awhile ago to get the YLOD and drop like flies. It is just not the 360 which is dying.

Just a suggestion for the thread is you put a cross on all past deals so its easier to eye them out.

Sucks Ninja Gaiden 2 isn't $20 or I would have picked it up.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Just a suggestion for the thread is you put a cross on all past deals so its easier to eye them out. [/QUOTE]

Will do!

[quote name='JnJosh']ill grab next weeks titles tomorrow, sigma at that price doesn't interest me in any way[/QUOTE]

Thanks JnJosh. I went today to pick up Dissidia and the guy didn't want to tell me anything :( AND I EVEN BOUGHT A GAME TOO!! I thought that would be enough of a bribery :/ He said that he didn't get any info till the day of, but we all know that's not the case. Hell, another employee at that location told me the list for last week last time lolz

[quote name='thegamecubist']It was actually on sale on Steam earlier for PC. $10.19 USD I believe.

Granted, not PC, but still :D[/QUOTE]

You mean not PS3? Steam has the PC version. ;)

Right xD Need to stop confusing people when I'm trying to help them!

On that note, did anyone else get L4D2? I got a copy off Steam today also for $10.19, and got a copy for a friend so we can play together when I eventually get a new laptop :)

This is whats rumored for the coming days, its just a rumor so wait for confirmation.

July 6th - Tekken 6 (XBOX 360 & PS3) - price unknown
July 7th - NFL Head Coach (XBOX 360 & PS3) - price unknown
July 8th - Dead Space Extraction (wii) - price unknown

I think Tekken might be $19.89. I just checked the GS website (thought it was on sale already) and the PS3 one is listed at $19.89. It certainly fits the pattern in pricing so far:

tekken.png

Yes, I was reading about the Ford Taurus.

Seems like its a really cold deal at 19.89, I think it will be 9.89.

Tekken 6 has been available for 19.99 at other places for a while.

Personally for me the rest of the week looks pretty underwhelming.

[quote name='afterburn999']This is whats rumored for the coming days, its just a rumor so wait for confirmation.

July 6th - Tekken 6 (XBOX 360 & PS3) - price unknown
July 7th - NFL Head Coach (XBOX 360 & PS3) - price unknown
July 8th - Dead Space Extraction (wii) - price unknown[/QUOTE]

If Dead Space Extraction is $10 then I will get it. Even though I hated it I would like it just for a complete Dead Space collection.

The rest of the deals seem very underwhelming so far though.

if you have a ps3, you could get the deadspace2 limited, which comes with extraction (i think?)

[quote name='kn00tcn']if you have a ps3, you could get the deadspace2 limited, which comes with extraction (i think?)[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought that it was going to be released only on Xbox Live Arcade and PSN. Thanks for the info though but I will probably rent Dead Space (plus I prefer the 360 controller).

[quote name='thegamecubist']Yes, I was reading about the Ford Taurus.[/QUOTE]

Forgiven if you were reading about the SHO

[quote name='kn00tcn']if you have a ps3, you could get the deadspace2 limited, which comes with extraction (i think?)[/QUOTE]

I think the regular PS3 version will be coming with dead space extraction bundled. GameStop only lists a "Limited" PS3 version at 69.99.. same price as the regular 360 version.

I can confirm that Tekken 6 has been at that price for a while now. I picked up a used copy the same day I picked up War for Cybertron for the $17.99 price point. The $xx.89 price kinda threw me off as well, which kind of makes me think it's one of the unannounced temp price drops they sometimes do for whatever the reason before putting the price up again. Wolfenstein for the PS3 is at the same price as well, and employees told me it was a temp drop with that price coding, so I assume something similar may be going on.

And as far as I've heard, the Extraction being bundled with Dead Space 2 is apparently a PS3 exclusive thing as of now, something to help promote the move controller. I don't remember anything regarding extraction and the 360 from E3, and the wikipedia page only lists it as a Wii & PS3 title.

^Hmm, guess it won't be $19.89 then. Hopefully a better price!

I took some EB/GS phone numbers down before I left work. I think I only got fax machine numbers :S Very strange to be at stoplights and have the phone go SCHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE D:

[quote name='thegamecubist']Right xD Need to stop confusing people when I'm trying to help them!

On that note, did anyone else get L4D2? I got a copy off Steam today also for $10.19, and got a copy for a friend so we can play together when I eventually get a new laptop :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't get any copies off Steam but I have 2 physical copies that I purchased from Goomba...

[quote name='thegamecubist']Thanks modano. I was phoning the Vaughan Mills location and for some reason they have the fax number on there o_0 I was looking at that thread too, but didn't want to feel like a massive bitch and just ride coattails (though I kinda have been doing this the past few days...)

The start of an RFD x CAG friendship? lolz[/QUOTE]

We share the same goals...so why not:)
I will try to post updates here as well (if not already posted).

[quote name='anjo']Thanks Modano, appreciate the update. Sorry to see the flack you are taking from some of the glory hounds over at RFD for sharing this information.[/QUOTE]

It's sad how many people are driven by that dumb 'Thanks' button. My contact is very reliable and will hold any doorcrasher for me. I have no problem sharing information.

Just called a GameStop. It's Tekken 6...for $19.89. And tomorrow is NFL Head Coach o_0

[quote name='modano9']We share the same goals...so why not:)
I will try to post updates here as well (if not already posted).[/QUOTE]

My perspective exactly. No need for a cross forum competiton since we're all trying to hustle a deal in the first place!

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Oh, I thought that it was going to be released only on Xbox Live Arcade and PSN. Thanks for the info though but I will probably rent Dead Space (plus I prefer the 360 controller).[/QUOTE]

It probably will be eventually, but for now it looks like it's going to be exclusive to the PS3 version of Dead Space 2

so.... tekken 6 only sort of a deal for ps3? cuz it never dropped to 19.99? only the 360 did? sweet 10 cents its that much closer lol... just need 990 more cents then its a deal :)

A great Game Deals even so far since there is virtually nothing that I wanted to buy! :happy

This first week of doorcrashers has been pretty underwhelming. Hopefully they'll get some good deals later.

On a related note, last year's Game Days was pretty similar, in that it had some pretty questionable doorcrashers - "Build-a-bear Workshop" & "Movie Games" - with only a few really good deals. Last year, I only bought 3 games I genuinely wanted - Prince of Persia, Last Remnant, and Fallout 3 CE. I would've bought MGS4 CE too but it was sold out everywhere.

Tekken 6 at $19.89 isn't a good deal since that game has been on sale everywhere. Now my hopes of Dead Space Extraction being $9.89 have almost completely died. Well as others have said at least they are bad so I won't spend money on them.

Updated with today's "deal"...NFL Head Coach 09 for an eye-watering $19.89.

Doors are more than safe today; they're locked.

EDIT: actually it's $14.89. Doors still solidly shut.

I don't want to start a new thread with a silly rant, so I'll just drop my comment in here. I just need to get this off my chest. I am at the end of my patience with GameStop. Why does almost every game that isn't purchased on day one have to be gutted and resealed? Even the ones behind the counter now come out without factory sealed wrapping. The clerks are quick so you have to really watch what you're being sold. If they ARE wrapped, they are re-wrapped and you get to see what sort of damage your boxart and disc have endured once you open it and void the return policy. It's the price you pay for playing the CAG game, but damn it I'm nearly done.

Can any EB Games/GameStop employees on this forum clue me in as to why factory sealed games are so hard to come by these days?

bread's done
Back