[Canada] EB/GS Power Trade (+50% TIV towards these games)

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
EB is currently offering "Power Trades" where you get a 50% bump in TIV if you trade in towards the following games.

Any TIV is valid, doesn't have to be above $8.

You should not probably not try to switch pre-orders of these games since they are on the lookout for people try to do so. But you might get away with it if you're willing to risk getting banned.

Usually PTs are valid one week before release to 3-5 days after release

April Power Trades

04/06 Borderlands Double Game Add-On 360 $24.99
04/13 GTA Episodes from Liberty City PS3 $49.99
04/20 Monster Hunter Wii $54.99 (or $49.99 with pre-order - not sure if this stacks with PT)
04/27 Dead to Rights 360/PS3 $64.99
04/27 Fifa World 2010 360/PS3 $69.99
04/27 Super Street Fighter 4 360/PS3 $44.99
04/28 Nier 360 $69.99/PS3 $64.99 (something probably wrong there)

Old Expired Power Trades

03/02 Supreme Commander 2
03/02 MLB 10 The Show
03/05 MLB 2K10
03/16 Resonance of Fate
03/16 Moto GP 10
03/16 Dragon Age: Awakening
03/16 Metro 2033
03/23 Red Steel 2
03/23 Just Cause 2

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 360/PS3 - $54.99 - Feb 28
Endless Ocean: Blue World Wii - $34.99 - Feb 28
Dementium 2 DS - $34.99
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth DS $34.99
MAG PS3 +50% before Jan 26; +25% Jan 26-Jan31
White Knight Chronicles PS3 - $59.99 - Feb 7
Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll Wii $49.99 - Feb 14
Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International PS3 - $64.99 - Feb 14
Aliens vs Predator 360/PS3 - $64.99 Feb 21

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm... interesting. I traded in NBA 2K10 today (for WKC) but I realized I could also trade in Ao2: 40th Day as well. I'm wondering if they'll allow me to cancel my pre-order with the credit gained from 2K10 and use Ao2 instead while using the 2k10 credit for future purchases...

Or, if they'll allow me to stack and go over what the price is. I was thnking of picking up MAG as well, which is why I want to cancel the initial preorder, but if they allow me to put an extra $50+ for WKC with the additional TIV of 2K10 ($33), it would make things much simpler.

If not, I guess I'll just skip MAG and put it for SO4. Already played and beat it for the 360, but now that I don't have both of them, I might as well buy it for the PS3 since I did enjoy it enough.

I've watched a few videos of Aliens vs. Predator, it looks pretty solid! Might be worth picking up, and if it sucks, I'm sure it's TIV will hold long enough for me to trade it in towards something else via Power Trade

I wish the bump for Bioshock 2 was 50% instead of the 25%... but I may still have to break down and trade a couple of mine for just the 25%. I need that game!

[quote name='craig64']I wish the bump for Bioshock 2 was 50% instead of the 25%... but I may still have to break down and trade a couple of mine for just the 25%. I need that game![/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. I have a couple $40 TIV games (AssCreed2, NHL 10) that I would love to get $60 for. Other than that I already did a T3 for WKC and I'm kind of reluctant to change it to another game just because of all the people getting banned for doing similar things.

I like these power trades though. Everyone wins. EB gets decent games and we get amazing TIVs for our old ones.

I can use my extra Zelda: PH...to get Lunar :D It's practically paid off at that price! Can you do it the day of, though? Cause it comes out tomorrow...

Supposedly Avatar's tiv is going back upto $40 soon and it's selling for 29.99 at FS/BB. With the 50% bonus trade in you're basically getting a new game for $30+tax.

[quote name='thegamecubist']I can use my extra Zelda: PH...to get Lunar :D It's practically paid off at that price! Can you do it the day of, though? Cause it comes out tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

It's not clear when the promo expires.. but WKC is valid until the 7th, and it comes out today, so I suspect you will be able to get things after they come out.

[quote name='poiuiu']Dammit, nothing I'm interested in.

Ah well, hopefully the next one will be better.[/QUOTE]

I've heard there are more unannounced games coming up.. apparently they are already in the system, but not advertised yet.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Anyone getting WKC and want to play online? :D[/QUOTE]

I will be getting my copies on Thursday. Hopefully by then I will have finished No More Heroes 2 and wil be online :)

[quote name='Lockescythe']lunar got removed from the promo i think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you might be right, I only read that in another thead somewhere awhile ago, and didn't see it on the poster yesterday. Not that anyone buys PSP games :p

Hmm I might trade in my PS3 disc of Dragon Age, since I still want to keep all the collector's edition goodies. I'll have to call and inquire!

HUGE YMMV here. I just called my local EB and they told me that I could use the 50% trade bump on any pre-order. Going to head there later today to see if they'll actually let me. I'll keep you posted!

I did this today for AvP. Got over $100 credit, plus AvP. FINALLY got Mass Effect 2, 1400 points and Samba de Amigo(Wii)(New)($9.99..price went back up to $24.99, but the game was stickered wrong and the CSR gave it to me for sticker price..An EB first for me.lol) and $5 still on my edge card. Everything I traded towards AvP was 50% increased. And it was only 4 games! :D lol.

Just in case anyone was wondering, I was able to stack the credit. Ao2 fetched $60 as I thought it would, and the excess credit (from NBA 2k10) was placed towards MAG. I think as long as you haven't paid the whole amount in full, you can get the extra TIV. Ended up getting $93 to pay for WKC, which was nice...

did you guys tell them you wanted to do powertrade?
or you just want to trade your games in and then told them you wanted to put it on wkc

Hey Pat, when you traded in ODST, did you include the multiplayer disc? Is that a pre-requisite or can you just trade in the campaign?

[quote name='JGonspy']Has Gamestop made any mention of that Endless Ocean 2 with WiiSpeak bundle coming out in Canada?[/QUOTE]

The always helpful staff at my local EB Games said it was coming as a bundle earlier today.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hey Pat, when you traded in ODST, did you include the multiplayer disc? Is that a pre-requisite or can you just trade in the campaign?[/QUOTE]I traded in both, but the CSR just checked the ODST disc. She didn't bother checking the Halo 3 MP Disc.

I checked two stores (one EB, one GS) and they both said there was nothing for trades towards Endless Ocean 2. Is there a secret handshake required?

On the upside, one store had Little King's Story marked down to $25... pretty sweet deal for one of the best (but least played) games on Wii last year. Resorted to the old standby of grabbing another copy of Mushroom Men from Zellers for $10 and trading it for $22. (edit: Make that $27 TIV for Mushroom Men - there is an extra $5 promotion for Wii games apparently.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad day! I couldn't actually use the 50% extra trade-in on any pre-order but they did let me change my copy of WKC which I got through T3 to Yakuza 3, and then let me use a copy of NHL 10 towards my copy of WKC. Then I decided to get rid of Assassin's Creed 2 for the $40 standard TIV because there was nothing else on the list that I really wanted.

I like this Power Trade deal.

went to ebgames today to trade in avatar. its on the most wanted list for $40. then the CSR told me that they just received an email saying the trade in credit has changed to $25.. argh. i used Dragon Age to get WKC.. man this CSR was strict. i wanted to trade in games for star ocean and she said my games have a value of $82 and Star Ocean was 64.99 and i asked if i could get the remainder trade credit on a gift card. no go. she said that i would lose all that credit and have no way of getting it on a edge card or using it on another pre order. going to goto a different eb tomorrow.

[quote name='ejamer']I checked two stores (one EB, one GS) and they both said there was nothing for trades towards Endless Ocean 2. Is there a secret handshake required?

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I saw it on the poster (that shows the 8 power trade games). Try to find that in the store somewhere? Or just get them to pre-order the game with the promo code and see if it works.

[quote name='TripleQ']I'm pretty sure I saw it on the poster (that shows the 8 power trade games). Try to find that in the store somewhere? Or just get them to pre-order the game with the promo code and see if it works.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I'll have to try again. Didn't notice Endless Ocean 2 on any of their in-store preorder posters, but checking a second time won't hurt. Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='sinath']... going to goto a different eb tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

What a nightmare man, totally time to find a new place to trade.

Well it looks like WKC is an average game at best, so I might use my games to snag AvP, hopefully the demo to be released tomorrow is awwwesome!

[quote name='ejamer']The always helpful staff at my local EB Games said it was coming as a bundle earlier today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess I know where I'll be getting the game now.

Mushroom Men you say? I will have to drop by Zellers.

Going to have to be Friday though, so hopefully the TIV hasn't dropped by then. I'll call before I pick them up from Zellers.

This store was doing the promotion like its suppose to be. your increased credit is going towards the powertrade games and nothing more. if other stores are allowing the extra credit to carry over then they are losing a ton of money and that associate should be disiplined accordingly.

[quote name='sinath']went to ebgames today to trade in avatar. its on the most wanted list for $40. then the CSR told me that they just received an email saying the trade in credit has changed to $25.. argh. i used Dragon Age to get WKC.. man this CSR was strict. i wanted to trade in games for star ocean and she said my games have a value of $82 and Star Ocean was 64.99 and i asked if i could get the remainder trade credit on a gift card. no go. she said that i would lose all that credit and have no way of getting it on a edge card or using it on another pre order. going to goto a different eb tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Some will do it that way, some won't. You'll be able to find at least one person that doesn't know what they're doing.

[quote name='Placebo']Mushroom Men you say? I will have to drop by Zellers.

Going to have to be Friday though, so hopefully the TIV hasn't dropped by then. I'll call before I pick them up from Zellers.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Mushroom Men for Wii. Ridiculously good deal.

I've been flipping copies of the same game once a week since the end of December. It started off with a $25 TIV, but has slowly dropped to $22... still a good flip though, especially while the +$5 for Wii titles remains active. Despite posting about it here and on another board I frequent, the local Zellers and RCSS have both had stock available every week when I drop in to check.

If I can confirm the Power Trade deal at my local EB then I might have to visit one more time to get a $10 copy of Endless Ocean 2. :D

Oh, one last note. If you like traditional action-platformers with a great sense of style then you should give the game a try before trading it in. Really enjoyable IMO.

What's the cutoff for pre-orders on the Bioshock 2 L.E.? If that's the case with the +25% I might go do some power trades tomorrow with some 360 games I don't really play anymore. 25% bonus is better than no bonus at all. I had pre-ordered the L.E. through Amazon but if it means getting it for cheaper through power trades then why the hell not eh? :)

Is Gamestop still doing the gaming guarantee on any of their games? I know I'll only be getting one game this month, and I'm just not too sure if I'd rather get BS2 or Heavy Rain. I do like the idea of the 25% bonus credit on BS2... but if I'll have to trade it in again for $40 bones to get Heavy Rain it seems kinda counter productive.

I've got some thinking to do it seems...

[quote name='CrushEm']What's the cutoff for pre-orders on the Bioshock 2 L.E.? If that's the case with the +25% I might go do some power trades tomorrow with some 360 games I don't really play anymore. 25% bonus is better than no bonus at all. I had pre-ordered the L.E. through Amazon but if it means getting it for cheaper through power trades then why the hell not eh? :)[/QUOTE]

Usually the day before release is the cut off, unless they're oversold and cut it off early

[quote name='telepathy']GG on Bioshock 2 IIRC[/QUOTE]

Yes, although not heavily advertised, so a lot of CSRs aren't aware.

Ahhh. If the GG is on BS2 I'll pick that one up for sure.

When I called in the other day the CSR told me the TIV's for the bonus 25% had to be over $8... but I'm hoping that's not the case. I've got a few crappy games I'd like to get out of my collection right now.

I definitely didn't see anything of the sort on the poster so I call foul play (usually they would indicate that on their promotional posters, otherwise that'd be very sloppy on their part).

I just got back from EB, and it seems to work on everything you trade in. Everything I traded in came to slightly less than the price of BS2 so I had to pay a few bucks, but only one of the games was over $8 anyways. It's nice that it works on all games traded in though.

So... has anyone tried returning a game that they did a power trade towards? I picked up WKC, but the more of this game I see, the less I actually want to play it. Would I have trouble getting the full 59.99 back returning an unopened copy, or would they try to reduce it to the credit amount before the power trade?

[quote name='doctor_payne13']So... has anyone tried returning a game that they did a power trade towards? I picked up WKC, but the more of this game I see, the less I actually want to play it. Would I have trouble getting the full 59.99 back returning an unopened copy, or would they try to reduce it to the credit amount before the power trade?[/QUOTE]

it's possible to get back in credits or change for another PT game, probably call your local EB first

bread's done
Back