[Canada] [EB] June 2010 Promos

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Most promos valid May 30 to July 3 unless otherwise noted

Trade 3 - Trade any 3 $8+ TIV games for the following
6/01 64.99 Alpha Protocol
6/08 59.99 Green Day: Rockband (69.99 for plus version)
6/08 69.99 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
6/15 49.99 Toy Story 3
6/22 64.99 Transformers: War for Cybertron
6/29 64.99 Singularity
7/06 69.99 Crackdown 2
7/27 59.99 Starcraft 2

Power Trades - Get 50% extra credit when you trade in towards these games. Usually valid for pre-orders and until the Sunday following release.

6/01, expires 6/06 Alpha Protocol: The Espionage RPG
6/08, expires 6/13 Green Day RockBand
6/08, expires 6/13 Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker including collector's edition
6/15, expires 6/20 Toy Story 3
6/22, expires 6/27 Transformers War for Cybertron
6/29, expires 7/4 Singularity
6/29, expires 7/4 Lego Harry Potter Years 1 - 4

Gaming Guarantees - get full retail value (in store credit) back when trading back in a pre-order within 7 days

6/22 - 64.99 - Transformers: The War for Cybertron
6/27 - 49.99 - Sin & Punishment Star Successor

June Most Wanted Games

$40 Trade Credit
* Battlefield Bad Company 2, XB360

$35 Trade Credit
* New Super Mario Bros, Wii
* Final Fantasy XIII, PS3
* God of War 3, PS3
* Forza 3, XB360

$30 Trade Credit
* Mario Kart, Wii

Other Promos
$25 Trade credit for $8+ tiv games when traded towards a new console
$5 bonus credit when trading in 3 or more games with min $5 tiv

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='game_fanatic']Hmm, practically a straight-up trade BF:BC2 for Transformers, eh? Then if it sucks, I can get my $64.99 back?? Deallll![/QUOTE]

Yeah that seems a bit open to abuse.

[quote name='TripleQ']Yeah that seems a bit open to abuse.[/QUOTE]

Oh for sure, but since moving back to Toronto I'm way too lazy to flip games, with the time I spend driving and using gas I barely save money. Working full-time takes a lot out of you haha!

[quote name='TripleQ']Most promos valid May 30 to July 3 unless otherwise noted

Trade 3 - Trade any 3 $8+ TIV games for the following
6/08 59.99 Green Day: Rockband (69.99 for plus version)
[/quote]

Does this mean I only have until June 8th to do the trade 3, or ONLY on June 8th-- or this is just a reminder that the game comes out June 8th?

Awww... Nothing on Sin & Punishment 2, Disgaea Infinite, Megaman Zero Collection, Arc Rise Fantasia, or Trinity Universe?

Guess it's a good thing I didn't go shopping for games to trade in...

[quote name='halcyon1234']Does this mean I only have until June 8th to do the trade 3, or ONLY on June 8th-- or this is just a reminder that the game comes out June 8th?[/QUOTE]

It means the game comes out on June 8th and you have until then and probably a few days after to do a trade 3 for it unless the CSR's are really cool and let you do it further into the month.

[quote name='halcyon1234']Does this mean I only have until June 8th to do the trade 3, or ONLY on June 8th-- or this is just a reminder that the game comes out June 8th?[/QUOTE]

Just a reminder it comes out on June 8.. T3 are good for pre-orders, and usually for a couple of weeks after it comes out but depends on the store sometimes.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Awww... Nothing on Sin & Punishment 2, Disgaea Infinite, Megaman Zero Collection, Arc Rise Fantasia, or Trinity Universe?

Guess it's a good thing I didn't go shopping for games to trade in...[/QUOTE]

Updated S&P2 as a gaming guarantee if that helps..

Anyone have any experience with transferring preorders made with a power trade? I preordered Alpha Protocol a few weeks ago since I had a couple of high value games lying around that I didn't want anymore, but I'm not too thrilled with the reviews its been getting. Am I able to transfer the preorder to anything I might want, or maybe to the new power trade titles listed for June?

*EDIT*

Or, can I pick the game up, wait a couple of days, and then return the game and get something else that I actually want now?
Just curious since I've never run into this kind of thing before, and haven't heard any stories of others.

I know where my copy of PoP is going towards ... Transformers!

I hope that 40.00 tiv stays true until I can go and do it.

Thanks TripleQ!

[quote name='TripleQ']Updated S&P2 as a gaming guarantee if that helps..[/QUOTE]

Doesn't really considering that I will be keeping the game for many years to come.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Doesn't really considering that I will be keeping the game for many years to come.[/QUOTE]
Would the fact that you will get 500 Nintendo points for preordering at EB help? :D

[quote name='Jbently']Would the fact that you will get 500 Nintendo points for preordering at EB help? :D[/QUOTE]

I don't buy games from EB, just abuse their trade in offers. ;)

Tempting. Very tempting. But that only gets me in-store credit.

To put this in perspective, I have a gift card with 3 dollars on it they gave me when one of the games I T3G1 was incorrectly priced said 3 dollars too high.

That was 5 months ago. I still have it.

I highly doubt that $50 would ever be used.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Tempting. Very tempting. But that only gets me in-store credit.

To put this in perspective, I have a gift card with 3 dollars on it they gave me when one of the games I T3G1 was incorrectly priced said 3 dollars too high.

That was 5 months ago. I still have it.

I highly doubt that $50 would ever be used.[/QUOTE]

I have some magical beans if that will tempt you.

[quote name='Rastafari']I have some magical beans if that will tempt you.[/QUOTE]
How magical are they? Magical? or Magical?

(sorry for derailing the topic)

hmm, I traded a game in towards GD:RB. I wonder if I could still get the power trade credit. It was done on May 7.

edit: So I called EB Games and, no, can't do it. oh well, only $20 anyway.

[quote name='Mr.']Is there really a Gaming Guarantee for Transformers and Sin & Punishment 2? There doesn't seem to be any posters promoting it and it's also not on their website:

http://www.gamestop.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/[/QUOTE]

I was told in store that Transformers is a Gaming Guarantee title....I haven't heard anything about Sin & Punishment 2 other then what has been mentioned in the forums. That said the information is generally accurate.

[quote name='Mr.']Is there really a Gaming Guarantee for Transformers and Sin & Punishment 2?[/QUOTE]

Confirmed both at my local EB, S&P2 was in their flyer the previous week if I'm remembering correctly.

You mean those online flyers?
june4.jpg

may28.jpg
may21.jpg

I just want to make sure since apparently they took UFC Undisputed 2010 off of their Gaming Guarantee after they had been advertising about it in the months before that game's release.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Oh for sure, but since moving back to Toronto I'm way too lazy to flip games, with the time I spend driving and using gas I barely save money. Working full-time takes a lot out of you haha![/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what the RFDers have over the rest of us, we have jobs.

Also I always wondering about this going around and trolling for trade fodder thing, 'cause the few hours you spend trolling you could've just worked and save/made the same amount of money no? And why spend all that precious off time sifting through bins and blowing time like we have tons of it?

[quote name='kathos']Yeah that's what the RFDers have over the rest of us, we have jobs.

Also I always wondering about this going around and trolling for trade fodder thing, 'cause the few hours you spend trolling you could've just worked and save/made the same amount of money no? And why spend all that precious off time sifting through bins and blowing time like we have tons of it?[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on your situation/location. When I was in Waterloo, it was a bit easier to find fodder since there were three BBVs, two RPs, a FS, two EBs and a BB all within 20mins of each other, all with pretty decent selection. In my area there's probably about the same amount of stores, but the two BBVs are not Gamerush stores so the game selection is suspect, and most of the time they are simply picked clean. I might look at doing a big trade expedition in a week or two, since I really want to upgrade my PS3 to the newer Slim models. If I can snag 11 games for $20 a piece, and use my $64.99 from Transformers, I'll end up saving over $100, which might be worth the 3-4 hours hunting for games. The T3 promos are all well and good, but my backlog is so large that unless it is a game I will play right away (Transformers is one, Mass Effect 3, Fable 3 and Halo: Reach will be the others) then there's no point; by the time I get around to opening it, I could've bought it anywhere for $39.99, a mere $10 more than what I did my T3, or I can snag it off of Goozex! Anywho, I'm droned on long enough heh.

[quote name='Mr.']
I just want to make sure since apparently they took UFC Undisputed 2010 off of their Gaming Guarantee after they had been advertising about it in the months before that game's release.[/QUOTE] This had been mentioned to me by the manager of the store I frequent, but I was told that they informed the customers if the gaming guarantee is no longer valid (not sure how true that is)

Is it possible to trade in the PS3 version of BF:BC2 for $40 credit? I know it says 360, but you never know..

[quote name='maigoyume']This had been mentioned to me by the manager of the store I frequent, but I was told that they informed the customers if the gaming guarantee is no longer valid (not sure how true that is)[/QUOTE]
Okay, I just checked it out and they do have the stuff on promo at the stores. They're just on those tiny DVD cases. I think I'll preorder a few S&P2 for the 500 Wii points.

[quote name='Mr.']Okay, I just checked it out and they do have the stuff on promo at the stores. They're just on those tiny DVD cases. I think I'll preorder a few S&P2 for the 500 Wii points.[/QUOTE]I have a feeling I'd get flagged if I tried something like that, but all the more power to ya if you can pull it off (assuming you gaming guarantee them)

New Gaming Guarantees

07/20/2010 $44.99 Arc Rise Fantasia
07/27/2010 $69.99 Clash of the Titans
08/25/2010 $69.99 Kane & Lynch 2
08/31/2010 $64.99 Dead Rising 2

bread's done
Back