[CANADA] Ebgames PS3 160 Gig + GOW3+Batman = $299

Pale-Dim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
New Promo at EBgames/Gamestop in canada

Old Style PS3 160gig model with drakes fortune and they add in God of war 3 and Batman AA. for only 299. Started today.

Pretty decent deal to clear out those old models.

some people would want the old model because of an exploit found using the otherOS feature. older models most likely don't have the otherOS feature disabled yet and in the future there could be some way to mod it and play backup games on it

The old PS3 definitely isn't ugly, and I'll even agree with kn00tcn, the new model is pretty meh. At this point, if you're looking for a PS3 bundle, you want the best combination of games that come with it. Uncharted, Batman and GoW3? That's an amazing start.

Plus you're getting 40GB extra for the price of the basic slim PS3, not a huge argument, since 2.5'' HDDs are easy to replace and relatively cheap, but still.

Anyways, you'd be really stupid to pass on a deal because the console is "ugly". Console deals don't come that often at this time of the year (PS3 anyway, I'm seeing plenty 360 console deals because of the new one that just came out), this is a pretty decent opportunity, imo.

As someone who has owned both a slim and fat PS3, I'm alot happier with the slim model. I found the fat PS3 to be extremely loud and it is annoying as hell to try to drown that out by upping the volume. I never hear a peep out of my slim, period. I don't regret upgrading to the slim one bit.

[quote name='Adamantum']I found the fat PS3 to be extremely loud[/QUOTE]

I think that depends on the version you have, I think the 20GB/40GB versions are very quiet, no idea about the 160GB model though. Personally, my 80GB isn't whisper quiet, but it's nothing compared to...say...my Xbox 360 :lol:

I'd say also if you don't want the games you can trade them in for $85 credit (GOW 35 and the other two bumped up to 25) making it $215 plus tax.

hmm... brother's birthday coming up. Been thinking about getting him a PS3. This seems like a good deal. I'll hold on to the GOW3 of course =D and trade the rest in for something. This isn't backwards compatible is it?

hmmmm, maybe I'm just catching this a little too late, but I just checked the gamestop.ca (or eb) website and the deal is nowhere to be found.....can anyone explain this?

P.S. Is it only in store? (My cousin lives in the US, so I'm in the US right now...)

definitely in store. Just picked one up. Traded in the same games I got for free =D. They bump $8 tiv game to $25 so it's worth hunting brfore going in. Good deal overall.

bread's done
Back