[Canada] Flyers Dec 18-24

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Don't mean to take away from Princess Zelda's work but I thought this was hot enough to post early (the wireless controller bundle)

Walmart

$39 - Wireless controller + Viva Pinata TIP + Banjo Kazooie Bundle
$39 - Banjo Kazooie + Scene It + You're in the Movies Bundle
$14.93 - Assassin's Creed, HAWX, Far Cry 2 OR CSI Deadly Intent
$39.83 - NHL 10 360/PS3

Other stuff regular price..

Zelda says..

Sears
Greatest Hits PS3 games $19.99

Future Shop

Tekken 6 360 PS3 $29.99
Sing Star Vol 2 $19.99
2GB Memory Stick $19.99
ACDC Rockband 360 PS3 Wii $9.99
Section 8 360 $39.99
Band Hero Kit $169.99
Band Hero $59.99

Disrict 9 BR $26.99 SB $29.99 includes God of War III demo

Best Buy

Buy MW2 and Assassins Creed II for $99.99
Buy Zelda Spirt Tracks DS and New Super Mario Bros Wii for $79.99 (Mario's the game this year that's out of stock almost everywhere)
ACDC Rockband 360 PS3 Wii $4.99

Disrict 9 BR $29.99

RCSS

Coupon Save $5 off any video game accessory over $24.99
$39.99 games:
Mario Party 8
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bors. Brawl

Killzone 2 $49.99
Uncharted 2 $49.99

Any one looking for New Super Mario Wii try Microplay.

Lone Prodigy says..

Zellers

New Super Mario Bros Wii $55
Mario Kart Wii $55
NSMB DS $35
MK DS $40
NHL2K10 Wii $40

DSi $159.99 Friday 6-11pm only

Toys R Us

Nothing of note

charleytony says...

MIssing Best Buy & Future Shop stuff

Buy any Xbox console and get Fable 2 for free

Also from smartcanucks.ca, RCSS will have the Wii for $179.99 on Boxing Day. (And a $9.99 DVD player) I suspect we'll see a lot of XBOX 360 Elites for $250ish on Boxing Day as well.. not sure about PS3, maybe a bundle instead of a price drop?

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, that particular bundle has the games listed as "Not for Resale", so FS won't take them as trade-ins. What's the regular price on that bundle, anyhow? The girlfriend wants to try Banjo, and I need an extra controller.

[quote name='game_fanatic']AFAIK, that particular bundle has the games listed as "Not for Resale", so FS won't take them as trade-ins. What's the regular price on that bundle, anyhow? The girlfriend wants to try Banjo, and I need an extra controller.[/QUOTE]

Regular price is $69.99 but I think it's been on sale before.. don't think it was as low as $39 though.

Zellers

New Super Mario Bros Wii $55
Mario Kart Wii $55
NSMB DS $35
MK DS $40
NHL2K10 Wii $40

DSi $159.99 Friday 6-11pm only

Toys R Us

Nothing of note

You're better off just selling the games on Kijiji or eBay to get that TIV out of them. Don't know if the "No Resale Value" will affect the sales, though.

You guys are forgetting Tekken 6 for $29.99 at Future Shop. Might sleep on that one.

Future Shop

Tekken 6 360 PS3 $29.99
Sing Star Vol 2 $19.99
2GB Memory Stick $19.99
Section 8 360 $39.99
Band Hero Kit $169.99
Band Hero $59.99

Best Buy

Buy Zelda Spirt Tracks DS and New Super Mario Bros Wii for $79.99 (Mario's the game this year that's out of stock almost everywhere)

Disrict 9 BR $29.99

Any one looking for New Super Mario Wii try Microplay.

[quote name='Hockridge']Not seeing it in the Walmart flyer for Ontario.[/QUOTE]

It's not on the electronics page, it's on a separate "Pre-Boxing Week Blowout" section. And NHL 10 is on the back page.

Here's hoping I get that flyer at my place in Toronto...PM for the win!

Thanks for the FS prices too, Zelda! Can't believe the rate of descent for Tekken 6!

I just came back from my local BestBuy in montreal and they were selling the
Halo 3 ODST + Halo 360 wireless controller for 79.99
Considering that they are still trying to sell the game alone for 69.99, it's a pretty good deal.

New SMB Wii + Spirit Tracks + Kellogg's coupon = win?

The problem of course is finding stock of NSMB Wii.

They can't give away Rock Band ACDC. What makes HMX think Green Day RB will sell?

This is just MY opinion but, I believe AC/DC failed so hard because of the lack of marketing, no one talked about it, and of course the fact that it was just a crash grab by Harmonix to go along with the release of Black Ice.

Beatles Rock Band did very well also because of its marketing, everyone talked about it, and because it featured an extremely relevant band to music history.
I also believe that the full band kit and special "Beatles" accessories helped.

For Harmonix to sell GreenDay Rockband, they will have to get people talking about it and it will have to come with a "Greenday Special Edition". It will also need to tell the story of Greendays career, just like Beatles Rockband did, and what AC/DC Rockband sadly did not.

To sum it up; Mediocre Cash Grab = Terrible Sales

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Future Shop

Tekken 6 360 PS3 $29.99
Sing Star Vol 2 $19.99
2GB Memory Stick $19.99
Section 8 360 $39.99
Band Hero Kit $169.99
Band Hero $59.99

Best Buy

Disrict 9 BR $29.99

Any one looking for New Super Mario Wii try Microplay.[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention that since the Microplay on Bank downtown was apparently sold out of their allotment of NSMB wii. I don't remember if the one on Merivale has any but I did notice that they had the RE5 LE for $55 for both systems if people are interested.

The Merivale store had a huge sign beside the road saying they had it in stock. I didn't have time to check but that would be a tragic comedy for the sales staff if they had sold out and still had the sign.

RCSS

Coupon Save $5 off any video game accessory over $24.99
$39.99 games:
Mario Party 8
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bors. Brawl

Killzone 2 $49.99
Uncharted 2 $49.99

I frequent the Merivale Microplay and it wouldn't surprise me if the 'tragic comedy" occurs. They either have good staff or clueless staff. It's a crapshoot there. To be fair, they do get some stuff from the U.S., though they will bump up the price in order to maintain their profit margin.

Man I wish I lived near a Microplay. Back when I was a wee lad in middle school there was one like 5 minutes from my house. They closed down ages ago :(

The Microplay in Orleans is the best one in Ottawa. It's had the same owner since I was a kid, every time I go in there I spend an hour or more chatting with the owner or looking through NES/SNES cartridges. Which is only twice a year because it's on the other side of town. Just last week I called looking for a NES cartridge of Ducktales for my son he didn't have it but put the request in his computer to call me if he gets one in. I like that type of service.
Personally I don't mind they charge higher it means 2 years from now they'll have stock of what I'm looking for :)

About the success or lack there of for AC/DC RB. Being a live version the audio just wasnt that great. I know those guys are getting old but it just didnt sound like the originals. I have it, got it for 9.99. Most of those songs have just one play thru for me as they do not sound like the originals, might as well be covers to be honest.

[quote name='LtKetch']About the success or lack there of for AC/DC RB. Being a live version the audio just wasnt that great. I know those guys are getting old but it just didnt sound like the originals. I have it, got it for 9.99. Most of those songs have just one play thru for me as they do not sound like the originals, might as well be covers to be honest.[/QUOTE]

They're also long as hell! My wrist aches after the first three minutes!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The Microplay in Orleans is the best one in Ottawa. It's had the same owner since I was a kid, every time I go in there I spend an hour or more chatting with the owner or looking through NES/SNES cartridges. Which is only twice a year because it's on the other side of town. Just last week I called looking for a NES cartridge of Ducktales for my son he didn't have it but put the request in his computer to call me if he gets one in. I like that type of service.
Personally I don't mind they charge higher it means 2 years from now they'll have stock of what I'm looking for :)[/QUOTE]

That newer location they have on St. Joseph Boulevard is very nice. However, like you, it's way too far away from where I live. I frequent the two Bank Street locations and Merivale but not Orleans, unless I'm in the area.

BTW, thanks for helping me remember what I was looking for from them and that GameZone store on Bank Street. I was looking for No More Heroes during that two week period where the game only was on sale in the U.S. due to the manual flap. I had to wait two more weeks to play it.

I passed on Tekken 6. I'll wait until later.

[quote name='LtKetch']About the success or lack there of for AC/DC RB. Being a live version the audio just wasnt that great. I know those guys are getting old but it just didnt sound like the originals. I have it, got it for 9.99. Most of those songs have just one play thru for me as they do not sound like the originals, might as well be covers to be honest.[/QUOTE]

They're definitely originals, these recordings are taken straight off a live album released back in the early 90's. I should know, I still have it on tape! Obviously they need to milk it for all they can. I think the same concert is even on Blu-Ray just in case you can't get enough...

I noticed that BestBuy has Tekken 6 for $30 too. I wonder if this will kill its trade in value. I'm tempted to pick it up but it would be nice to know I could sell it for almost the same price if I end up regretting the purchase.

Here's hoping my ace-in-the-whole snagged a copy for me.

On a side note, does anyone else feel childish ordering an apple juice from a breakfast diner? I usually order OJ just to avoid sounding like I'm 10 years old. Maybe I should start ordering apple juice au francais: may I have a jus d'pomme, si vous plait? Merci!

just came back from zellers: (I went to the Boisbriand Faubourg)

Far cry 2 (xbox 360) 15$
Hawx (xbox 360) 10$
Wheelman (xbox 360) 10$

dont remember about the exact price so I rounded them up

Can't find the wireless controller bundle deal in my local wal-mart flyer. Can someone post a link?

Edit: Nvm. It's sold out. :(

bread's done
Back