[Canada]Flyers for Next Week (Apr. 24-30)

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Thanks Princess Zelda.

Future Shop

360 60GB system $299.99 with a free Halo 3
Gears 2 $44.99
Original Rock Band Kit $99 (PS3/360)
ACDC Live $29.99...
Rock thrown drum stool $24.99
Resistance:Retribution $19.99 (PSP)
PS2 with Lego Batman and new Frontier DVD 109.99 (cheaper at BB)
Motor Storm:pacific Rift $39.99 (PS3)
Wii system Bundle with Animal Crossing and Wii Speak $349.99
Wii fit with Wii Music $134.99

Select Trade in Games $40!

Best Buy

For $129 geek squad will install a 250BG Hard drive into your PS3.
DDR Disney $74.99 (Wii)
PS2 with Lego Batman and new Frontier DVD $99.99
X-men Origins:Wolverine $69.99 (Come with a BB exclusive code for original costume)
RockBand Kit $99.99 (360)
ACDC Live $19.99...
Rock thrown drum stool $19.99
Ear Force 360 Wirless Headphones $89.99

Zellers: Nothing
Walmart: Nothing but go outside and play some sports or BBQ.
Toys R Us: Nothing
RCSS: Nothing

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Thanks Princess Zelda.

Future Shop

Resistance:Retribution $19.99 (PSP) [/quote]

Great price plus I still have some money left on a gift card I got from work. Looks like I'm picking it up.

Wow Resistance: Retribution at $20. I don't think it was a flop, so that's an incredible price.

Motorstorm: PR at $40 is also a pretty good deal, unless that's its original price, which I doubt...

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Resistance:Retribution $19.99 (PSP)[/quote]

Giddyup!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']For $129 geek squad will install a 250BG Hard drive into your PS3. [/quote]

For a bag of corn chips I'll install it for someone myself. :lol:

Thanks for the weekly updates as always

[quote name='spzero']Wow Resistance: Retribution at $20. I don't think it was a flop, so that's an incredible price.
[/quote]

It's a very good game. But it did flop in terms of sales. Didn't light up any charts. VG Chartz has it around 160,000 worldwide IIRC. Sony did promote it too...

Bestbuy also has on sale this week:
Midnight Club LA: $29.99 (360)
Farcry 2: $29.99 (360)
GTA4:$29.99 (PS3)
Resistance 2:$39.99
Mad World:$29.99
Mario and Sonic Olympics (wii) $29.99
Gears 2: $39.99

the flyer says lower mainland door crasher event so I don't know if this is nationwide or just GVR

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']For a bag of corn chips I'll install it for someone myself. :lol:

Thanks for the weekly updates as always[/quote]
If you ask customer service nicely enough, they'll lend you the screwdriver needed to take the plate off to get acces to the harddrive right in front of them! :p

I mean, that $129 includes the 250 gig HDD, right? So it's a lousy deal, but it's not absolutely horrible...

[quote name='poiuiu']If you ask customer service nicely enough, they'll lend you the screwdriver needed to take the plate off to get acces to the harddrive right in front of them! :p[/quote]

Now if only they provided you with an open bag of corn chips while using their screw driver, that would make the deal even better

[quote name='CHW']I mean, that $129 includes the 250 gig HDD, right? So it's a lousy deal, but it's not absolutely horrible...[/quote]

You could be right, we shouldn't be so hard on those poor Geek Squadders. I really don't see the whole GS service lasting much longer anyway...

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Now if only they provided you with an open bag of corn chips while using their screw driver, that would make the deal even better[/quote]
Make it a triple burger and we have a deal!

I really don't see the whole GS service lasting much longer anyway...
You really underestimate the number of ignorant/dumb ppl in the country. :p

[quote name='poiuiu']Make it a triple burger and we have a deal!

You really underestimate the number of ignorant/dumb ppl in the country. :p[/quote]
don't forget lazy!

[quote name='heimdal']"For $129 geek squad will install a 250BG Hard drive into your PS3."

What a scam.[/quote]
I'm assuming that includes hard drive and data transfer.

[quote name='d_bomb_23']Bestbuy also has on sale this week:
Midnight Club LA: $29.99 (360)
Farcry 2: $29.99 (360)
GTA4:$29.99 (PS3)
Resistance 2:$39.99
Mad World:$29.99
Mario and Sonic Olympics (wii) $29.99
Gears 2: $39.99

the flyer says lower mainland door crasher event so I don't know if this is nationwide or just GVR[/quote]

GVR only, Apr. 24-30

Also:
Wii + Nights and Cosmic Family $279.99
360 Pro + Spider-man 3 and Fracture $299.99
80GB PS3 + SW: Force Unleashed $399.99
GHII (360) $9.99
Wii Fit $99.99

Madworld continues to tempt me. GHII would make good trade fodder.

Damn! GVR = Greater Vancouver Region or what? IE: Lower mainland?

I would love to get madworld at that price... I got $20 in reward zone redeemables and was just about to say I wish bestbuy had something I could spend it on :p Wouldn't mind madworld for $10

I just noticed Mad World is 30 bucks. I guess whatever Clover team and exClover team touches is destined to NEVER sell to the masses. This doesn't look good for Bayonetta. :twoguns:

[quote name='heimdal']"For $129 geek squad will install a 250BG Hard drive into your PS3."

What a scam.[/quote]

Not if it includes the hard drive and the data transfer. Most people would have to buy an extra external hard drive to backup their data first.

Awesome deals on Resistance and Madworld! I bought so many games recently, and I have to pay my tuition tomorrow though...:(

Well...maybe I could spring for Resistance. Like some sort of pity gift for myself :D

Damn, I just bought MadWorld for $39.99 two weeks ago, thought it was cheap... now it's dropping more every single week.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I should have specified Hard Drive is included.[/quote]

In that case, that deal is merely acceptable, if you don't want to be bothered by such menial tasks.

Still, you can grab a 320GB for roughly $70 on a good sale. (Like the Dell deal a couple of months back) Just borrow a 80GB or below ext. HD in the meantime. It shouldn't cost you $59 for the inconvenience. Because other than that, you're paying someone to operate a screwdriver.

[quote name='heimdal']In that case, that deal is merely acceptable, if you don't want to be bothered by such menial tasks.

Still, you can grab a 320GB for roughly $70 on a good sale. (Like the Dell deal a couple of months back) Just borrow a 80GB or below ext. HD in the meantime. It shouldn't cost you $59 for the inconvenience. Because other than that, you're paying someone to operate a screwdriver.[/QUOTE]

true. I just upgraded my PS3 hard drive a few weeks ago, bought a 500gb WD hard drive from atic computers in Vancouver for $129.99, installed it myself, and everything works great!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Giddyup!

For a bag of corn chips I'll install it for someone myself. :lol:

Thanks for the weekly updates as always[/quote]

Wait, regular or bbq?

[quote name='d_bomb_23']true. I just upgraded my PS3 hard drive a few weeks ago, bought a 500gb WD hard drive from atic computers in Vancouver for $129.99, installed it myself, and everything works great![/quote]

how hard is it to transfer your data over etc.?

time wise, how long did the whole process take?

thanks.

Decided I should finish No More Heroes before getting Mad World... PMed Future Shop fir Resistance Retribution instead to spend the gc. They did the difference wrong but I wasn't going to make a fuss over 20 cents... $15.99

[quote name='dr_blackthunder']how hard is it to transfer your data over etc.?

time wise, how long did the whole process take?

thanks.[/QUOTE]

Its easy to transfer the data if you have a portable external hdd or large usb. You pretty much just copy everything on your ps3 (not demos or anything downloaded, cause you can just download it again once u switch the hdd) to the portable device and then switch the internal hard drive and then transfer everything back to the new one. Also make sure you sync your trophies to the ps3 network (theres an option under the trophies) because I dont think you can transfer trophies. The only problem I ran into was taking off the screws on the hard drive enclosure, I stripped 3 of the screws cause there really small and fragile. I had to take the screws out using plyers, but either than that everything was smooth and definitely recommended, timing wise, it depends how much data you have on the ps3. I would say it takes around 1-2hrs max , just depending how much data you have and how long it takes you to swap the hdds.

bread's done
Back