(Canada) Futureshop Apprecation Sale Mon Aug18

Hmm I'd like to get Microsoft Points, but I'm a little worried 'cause at the last Best Buy sale where they offered 10% off game accessories, the cards didn't qualify :[

[quote name='Tenren']Hmm I'd like to get Microsoft Points, but I'm a little worried 'cause at the last Best Buy sale where they offered 10% off game accessories, the cards didn't qualify :[[/quote]

They were advertised in the flyer so they didn qualify.

[quote name='jeffx']uh that site says mid April 2008[/quote]

Yes, the site says April because it hasn't been updated since the last time.

However, I got a flyer in the mail today that says August 18th, and had that URL on it. That's why I gave exact dates and times in my original post.

10% off all desktop computers?
Having recently picked one up, I can use their policy to get 10% of the cost returned? I've read as much, thought I'd check with you folks.

[quote name='Teddite']10% off all desktop computers?
Having recently picked one up, I can use their policy to get 10% of the cost returned? I've read as much, thought I'd check with you folks.[/quote]

Yep you should be able to get 10% of your money back.

hmm seems like an excellent time to pick up Final Fantasy 4

Anyone ever have any luck getting Price-match and getting the 10% discount on top of that

would be sweet since if i could PM Amazon.ca which has Final fantasy 4 for 34.99 and finally use up that 20$ GC iv been holding onto.

Generally, things like price matching and sales that involve some-amount don't stack unless you have a really clueless rep; so if it actually happens, consider yourself lucky.

And I may pick up a Wii Points card or two when this actually takes place since I missed out on the last one.

[quote name='Lockescythe']does FS still have that enchanted arms Superman bundle?[/quote]
Yes, piles at every FS I've been in recently.

[quote name='uutf']Fine, I'll get Braid, but is it worth getting two cards for Bionic Commando as well?[/quote]

Reviews say yes, but why ask when you can play the demo yourself today?

[quote name='Estymagic']hmm seems like an excellent time to pick up Final Fantasy 4

Anyone ever have any luck getting Price-match and getting the 10% discount on top of that

would be sweet since if i could PM Amazon.ca which has Final fantasy 4 for 34.99 and finally use up that 20$ GC iv been holding onto.[/QUOTE]

actually, I've been to two FS and they both refused to PM amazon.ca
never had a problem in the past, at these two locations
I'm thinking of calling customer service or whatever to get the bottom line on this.

You can't PM and then do a sale on top of that.

And if FS really wanted to appreciate me they'd let us do 10% off hardware too :(

[quote name='Zeitgeist']So this is pretty much the only chance to get cheap MS points? 10% off is the best we can get right?[/quote]

It's been 20% before, but then they may conveniently exclude it or restrict stock.

Hey ladies and gentlemen, maybe we can update the OP. With the power of detectivism, I uncovered the right URL for the sale. Deals still appear the same - 10% on games, 10% on accessories.

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/CAS0808/default.asp?langid=EN&logon=&langid=EN

(The detectivism involved realizing CAS0408 stood for Customer Appreciation Sale April 08. With deductive reasoning, I hypothesized that CAS0808 might bring us to the promised land. And? SUCCESS!)

They changed some things? 10% off all desktops is no longer there, replaced with something lame. There goes free money.

Does this discount also apply to items that are currently on sale?

The 12 month Xbox live card is on sale right now for $49.99. ($10 off) I assume either the discount won't apply, or they'll raise the price back to $59.99?

I think I'll pick up a live card for $45 (along with points for Braid). My last gold card from the dell deal a year ago (pm'd FS for $38, should have gotten 8 of them, only picked up one) expires soon. Thanks for the heads up on the price Amankhan!

[quote name='uutf']I think I'll pick up a live card for $45 (along with points for Braid). My last gold card from the dell deal a year ago (pm'd FS for $38, should have gotten 8 of them, only picked up one) expires soon. Thanks for the heads up on the price Amankhan![/QUOTE]

Ah, be careful. My post was a question, not a statement. I don't know if the discount is going to stack with the sales price or not.

[quote name='darkandlong']What a joke. Points aren't on sale again.[/quote]

They are, at least the 2800 cards. Keep in mind the discount doesn't show up until the item is in the cart.

[quote name='Amankhan']Does this discount also apply to items that are currently on sale?

The 12 month Xbox live card is on sale right now for $49.99. ($10 off) I assume either the discount won't apply, or they'll raise the price back to $59.99?[/quote]

Looks like this works, brings the 12 month card down to 44.99 when it's in your cart.

[quote name='Winkels']They are, at least the 2800 cards. Keep in mind the discount doesn't show up until the item is in the cart.[/quote]

Crap, I didn't notice that. Thanks.

I got 2800 MS points for $40 total so that isn't too bad. I was close to getting an Hd DVD drive but chose not to since they were totally out of HD DVDs

I picked up a 2800 points card for free (got a gift card through the waranty for $112.). Still have 70 left, thinking of buying some more stuff online.

[quote name='webrunner']Of course, buying wii points is still $23 for $20 worth of points, even with the sale.[/quote]

Buy it at HMV, Toys R Us, or Zellers. $20 regular.

10% off points really is the minimum that it goes, and I still have 2 cards saved up.

I'll wait and hope that FS/BB have them for 20% off before I need them

I picked up a Live card for $45 + tax. It was the 12 month, not 13, but still not bad. (I know about goomba, I just don't have paypal)

bread's done
Back