[Canada] Gamedays at Eb games / Gamestop July 2010

JnJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Only putting sale items up, anything regular priced will be omitted. Does NOT include daily deals!

Band hero kit - PS3 / xbox 360 - 99.99 (save 75)
Tony Hawk ride - PS3 / xbox 360 - 54.99 (save 30)
Bioshock 2 - PS3 / xbox 360 / pc - 29.99 (save 10)
Beatles rockband - ps3 / 360 / wii - 19.99 (save 10)
Iron man 2 - psp / ds - 19.99 (save 15)
Modern Warfare 2 - PS3 / xbox 360 - 54.99 (save 10)
Transformers RotF - ps3 / 360 - 19.99 (save 10)

PSP assassins creed bundle - 149.99 (save 20)
Assorted PSP games 9.99 (shown are socom fire team bravo, twisted metal, logans shadow)

Purchase DSi get fossil fighters or glory of heracles free

Aliens vs Predator - ps3 / xbox - 44.99 (save 20)
Alpha protocol - ps3 / xbox 360 - 49.99 (save 15)
Bayonetta - ps3 / xbox 360 - 29.99 (save 15)
Fight night round 4 - ps3 / xbox - 9.99 (save 10)
Final fantasy 2 - psp - 9.99 (save 10)
iron man 2 - ps3 / xbox 360 - 49.99 (save 15)
left for dead 2 - 360 - 29.99 (save 10)
lego rock band - PS3 / 360 / wii - 9.99 (save 10)
Mario and sonic at the olympic winter games - wii - 29.99 (save 20)
Mass effect 2 - 360 - 29.99 (save 10)
NHL 2k10 - ps3 / 360 / wii - 9.99 (save 20)
NHL 10 - ps3 / 360 - 29.99 (save 10)
Shaun white world stage - wii - 14.99 (save 5)
Tales of symphonia - wii - 14.99 (save 25)
Your shape jenny mccarthy - wii - 29.99 (save 10)

3d dot heroes - 29.99 (save 10)
dark void - ps3 / 360 - 9.99 (save 20)
Hottest party 3 ddr - wii - 29.99 (save 15)
dead rising - 360 - 14.99 (save 10)
demons souls - 29.99 (save 10)
disgaea 3 - 19.99 (save 20)
Just cause 2 - 360 / ps3 - 39.99 (save 25) ONLY 30th - 06 july
MLB 2k10 - 360 - 29.99 (save 30)
monster hunter tri wii - 39.99 (save 15)
Resident evil 5 gold - ps3 shown - 39.99 (save 15)
resident evil 4 - wii - 14.99 (save 15)
resonance of fate - 360/ps3 - 34.99 (save 30)
Sonic classic collection - ds - 19.99 (save 10)
Sonic sega all stars racing - ds - 19.99 (save 10)
Super monkey ball step and roll - wii - 24.99 (save 25)
Supereme commander 2 - pc / xbox 360 - 34.99 (save 20)
trauma team - wii - 29.99 (save 10)
Yakuza 3 - 39.99 (save 25)

Nerf N strike switch shot ex-3 gun - 4.99 (save 5)
Nerf sports pack for wii (tennis baseball golf) - 4.99 (save 5)
DS cases 4.99 (save 5)

June 30th - july 09
Save 25% on a used ds when you purchase any 2 used nintendo games 19.99 or more

Save 25% on psp when you purchase 2 used psp games for 19.99 or more

July 10 - 16 - 2 for 20$ xbox/ps2/gamecube 9.99 - 14.99
July 17 - 23 - 2 for 30$ xbox/ps2/gamecube 15.00 - 19.99

july 24 - 30 - save 10% on used accessory with purchase of any used game 9.99
Save 25% on a used accessory with purchase of used game 19.99
save 50% on used accessory with purchase of used game for 29.99

Trade 2 + 19.99 for madden 11, south africa, ufc 2010, tiger 11 (9.99 for wii titles)

Save 10 percent when you purchase 2-3 used sports titles
save 20 percent when you purchase 4-6 " "
save 30 percent when you purchase 7-9 " "
save 50 percent when you purchase 10 or more " "
ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE FOR 2008 and LOWER only!!!!

25$ for a game put towards new console (must be 8$ min.)

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Since you have more info you duplicate threads? I don't get your points. Whatever man[/QUOTE]

No offence but did you not do the same thing on RFD for your thread of gaming guarantee. There was already a thread about it but you had additional info on power trade.

I generally sneak a peak at the flyer for a few days before letting you guys know! obviously I cant hoard the deals but i just want to get the go-ahead before posting as no one should be in trouble for these deals!

And yeah last year was me as well, call me ol' reliable!

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Since you have more info you duplicate threads? I don't get your points. Whatever man[/QUOTE]

Thread posting is serious business.

Wow, there are some pretty sweet deals in there. Much better than last year. Will probably buy Yakuza 3, Tales of Symphonia Wii, Bayonetta, Disgaea 3 and Trauma Team.

[quote name='sinath']I will finally bite on Resonance Of Fate. =D[/QUOTE]

Sooo goooood! fucking challenging as crap though, bosses are so unfair sometimes.

Personally this is the only JRPG I've played to completion since.... fuuuu- I can't even remember!

[quote name='kathos']Sooo goooood! fucking challenging as crap though, bosses are so unfair sometimes.

Personally this is the only JRPG I've played to completion since.... fuuuu- I can't even remember![/QUOTE]

If you like JRPGs then try out Nier. It takes while for the story to start up but its defiantly worth a try. Best JRPG I have played since Tales of Symphonia (for the Gamecube).

Just to note though I am not really a JRPG fan.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']If you like JRPGs then try out Nier. It takes while for the story to start up but its defiantly worth a try. Best JRPG I have played since Tales of Symphonia (for the Gamecube).

Just to note though I am not really a JRPG fan.[/QUOTE]

NIER was more action though 'innit?

[quote name='kathos']NIER was more action though 'innit?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its more of an action JRPG like Tales of Symphonia (ToS) was. Unlike Resonance of Fate which I believe from what I understand is a strategy JRPG.

Thanks a lot JnJosh!

I might finally bite on Lego Rock Band at 10 bucks, because there's at least 5 songs I want to play in this game haha

[quote name='Khalid']No offence but did you not do the same thing on RFD for your thread of gaming guarantee. There was already a thread about it but you had additional info on power trade.[/QUOTE]

Except the other thread was on a distant page...;)
But I understand some people want to play the "my thread is better than yours" game.

On topic, Too bad I still havent played RoF. Ill see today how much EB gives me for it on PT.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Resonance of Fate is 16$ ...ouch
No abuse possible :p[/QUOTE]

Wait what? Where are you seeing this cause I'd definitely be the first at EB to get on Resonance Of Fate for $16.

Edit: Nvm, found out he meant the TIV was $16. Stupid me.

Sales seems to be up on the website. But 360 version of Bayonetta seems to be 39.99.

Edit: Hum nvm. It show up at 39.99 but when you click on the page.
WAS $44.99
NOW $29.99
SAVE $15.00

The only problem with their online is that a lot of their older games, ie Tales of Symphonia, Disgaea 3, etc are not available online. Does anyone know if the used prices will drop as well? It is much easier to find used stock for the older games.

True that Disgaea 3 is missing. But I still can get Yakuza 3 and RoF without a pizza-faced know-it-all going all confrontational on me because I don't want a gutted case.

BTW who does Gamestop.ca ship with again? Was it Purolator or Canada Post?

[quote name='jeffx']True that Disgaea 3 is missing. But I still can get Yakuza 3 and RoF without a pizza-faced know-it-all going all confrontational on me because I don't want a gutted case.

BTW who does Gamestop.ca ship with again? Was it Purolator or Canada Post?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop ships with Purolator. This is great news that I can get Yakuza 3 online without worrying about a gutted case. It sucks though that they haven't updated the price of Lego Rockband yet.

[quote name='TripleQ']My issue with buying online is they still charge you tax if you're using edge credit.[/QUOTE]I just bought Yakuza 3 and Resonance of Fate using edge credit. Didn't realize they charged tax, it was just $9.75 tax though. :cry:

As soon as I read they shipped via Purolator I bit the bullet and ordered Yakuza 3 online. Canada Post on the other hand ... are a bunch of thieves. :D

[quote name='Apollo Creed']As soon as I read they shipped via Purolator I bit the bullet and ordered Yakuza 3 online. Canada Post on the other hand ... are a bunch of thieves. :D[/QUOTE]

I hate Canada Post they are so bloody slow -_-. Purlator is great and the guy who comes to deliver my stuff is really friendly.

I have ordered things a few times from Gamestop.ca and they have fast shipping and items are packaged well.

[quote name='snuter']The only problem with their online is that a lot of their older games, ie Tales of Symphonia, Disgaea 3, etc are not available online. Does anyone know if the used prices will drop as well? It is much easier to find used stock for the older games.[/QUOTE]

No they will not be dropping.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']I hate Canada Post they are so bloody slow -_-. Purlator is great and the guy who comes to deliver my stuff is really friendly.

I have ordered things a few times from Gamestop.ca and they have fast shipping and items are packaged well.[/QUOTE]

Puro's a pain for me because I'm at work all day and their offices are at least 25 minutes away. But that's a small price to pay to avoid setting foot @ GS/EB.

Got my credit ready for tomorrow! RoF for 360 :D Feel like a hoarder though...I bought two games to trade in for this.

RFD, it's affecting me D:

Is TOS2 worth a look at $15? To be honest, I didn't even like the first one very much because of the bland music and environments. I still finished that one and I'm mildly interested in seeing how things turned out...

[quote name='Mr.']Is TOS2 worth a look at $15? To be honest, I didn't even like the first one very much because of the bland music and environments. I still finished that one and I'm mildly interested in seeing how things turned out...[/QUOTE]

I would have said it is worth a purchase for $15 but since you hate ToS1 I say no. ToS2 is basically a game made for fan service and I thought it was good fan service. I love ToS1 (one of my favorite games ever).

There is no over world map and it is more linear. I don't remember the music (I played it when it first came out maybe it shows it sucked since I can remember ToS1 music).

It is a more linear game with monsters to battle with. I really don't remember much else.

[quote name='RobMinhas']Are these all online as well?[/QUOTE]

If you can get the game online then yes it is. Although, it seems some games have yet to be updated to be for sale online i.e. Lego Rockband.

@Puppetdoctor, thanks I appreciate it, I vaguely remember not being able to cash in on AC2 last year when it was thirty or forty dollars because it was not in stock or something.

[quote name='RobMinhas']@Puppetdoctor, thanks I appreciate it, I vaguely remember not being able to cash in on AC2 last year when it was thirty or forty dollars because it was not in stock or something.[/QUOTE]

Well I am not sure about the Door Crasher daily deals being online but I have ordered online Yakuza 3 for $40 and Dark Void for $10.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']I would have said it is worth a purchase for $15 but since you hate ToS1 I say no. ToS2 is basically a game made for fan service and I thought it was good fan service. I love ToS1 (one of my favorite games ever).

There is no over world map and it is more linear. I don't remember the music (I played it when it first came out maybe it shows it sucked since I can remember ToS1 music).

It is a more linear game with monsters to battle with. I really don't remember much else.[/QUOTE]

Agree. It's a great deal if you loved Tales of Symphonia on GameCube... otherwise it's a mediocre RPG that you are probably better off skipping. For $15 though, I suppose the risk is low enough that it might be worth trying if there isn't much else on the list or daily door-crashers that appeals to you.

Don't make one - let's avoid having a shitfest here :) Or, we can make one and continually update that. I don't even mind doing it!

Edit: I will do it, and give seto and whoever else finds deals credit :)

[quote name='thegamecubist']Don't make one - let's avoid having a shitfest here :) Or, we can make one and continually update that. I don't even mind doing it!

Edit: I will do it, and give seto and whoever else finds deals credit :)[/QUOTE]

Good I dont care who does it as long as its done well :)

Alright, I started one up. I know a guy who goes to taekwondo with me who also works at GameStop...hopefully I can get his MSN or something and ask for some tips!

Or hopefully the guys at Vaughan Mills don't mind me phoning in every day lolz

bread's done
Back