[Canada]HMV: 50% off ALL RB/GH bundles (starts Feb. 13)

IMG_0387.JPG

Wait, hang on-- even the $200 full-band kit for World Tour? Nice.

If anyone wants the drums, that's the time to pick them up. Its unlikely they'll be on sale new (or on Craigslist) much cheaper anytime soon. And you get a second guitar to boot.

Here's the joystiq post to the compatibility chart for the plastic instruments.
It'll save some questions :)

Thanks Lone_Prodigy I guess Ill be at the store at 9:30. I've been putting off buying this to wait for a cheap enough deal and some nice instruments.

I hate HMV for this. I'm going to walk to their store and be ready for when they open, and if I don't get a GHWT kit, I'll probably never end up buying one for full price.

[quote name='Spades22']Haha, all that work for 10$ eh? Hopefully I can check out some of their GH stuff on the 14th though :D[/quote]

Haha when you are cheap, you will do anything to save a dollar - even break your back.

Checked out the Robson and Burrard location today... store is littered with stacks of GH/RB.

17 RB2 for PS3, some RB1 drum sets, 6 GHWT bundles.
About 10 RB2 for 360 and 5 GHWT bundles.
Only 1 GHWT bundle for Wii, no RB2.
NO Game/Guitar bundles for GHWT (except PS2).
Tons of GHIII/Aerosmith for PS3/360/PS2.

Think I'll get a wireless RB drum set for Wii: regular $89.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MoPete']Haha when you are cheap, you will do anything to save a dollar - even break your back.[/quote]

I take it you have experience? :p

From the discussion on RFD it seems this deal is only in Montreal and not all of Canada. Can anybody confirm this is available outside of Montreal?

[quote name='Magik_Tek']From the discussion on RFD it seems this deal is only in Montreal and not all of Canada. Can anybody confirm this is available outside of Montreal?[/quote]

Definitely nationwide. The National Post is, well, national.

I am posting the info here since I believe there are more gamers here than hoarders on RFD. For Burnaby BC gamers, the MetroTown HMVs has the following:

HMV (by the Bay)
2 x GHWT bundle (PS3)
3 x GHWT bundle (360)
2 x RB2 (PS3)
2 x RB2 (360)
only a couple of guitar bundles for the PS3 and 360's
* interesting thing was they pile them in one area and they even had accessories in the pile (drum sticks, rock throne...)

HMV (by the Old Navey)
2 x GHWT bundle (PS3)
3 x GHWT bundle (360)
2 x RB2 (PS3)
4 x RB2 (360)
2-3 x RB1 (PS3/360 can't remember)
lots of guitar bundles for PS3s and 360s

I did not see any wii band bundle but I could have missed it.

I asked if this was it and they indicated yes, nothing left in the back.

So if you really want a band bundle you will need to bring a magazine and wait for them to open.

Good luck to all.

Dammit I was waiting for a deal on this and now..due to work :(..won't be able to get one..dammit guys...oh wellz..I guess I'll have to wait for the next price drop as I doubt I'll find one after work.

Heard from RFD that some people are in their cars at this moment camping out for them.

And this character Mike Wang was bragging about grabbing 6 Wii GH:WTs to resell, complete with pics to piss people off. LOL

I was considering coming in for one at 10am sharp, but since there's been consistently 200 viewers on the RFD thread, I'm deciding against it, especially since Scarborough's a haven for hoarders.

[quote name='heimdal']Heard from RFD that some people are in their cars at this moment camping out for them.

And this character Mike Wang was bragging about grabbing 6 Wii GH:WTs to resell, complete with pics to piss people off. LOL

I was considering coming in for one at 10am sharp, but since there's been consistently 200 viewers on the RFD thread, I'm deciding against it, especially since Scarborough's a haven for hoarders.[/QUOTE]

Can't stand RFD, particularly that Mahjongmaniac guy.....RFD is a haven for Canadian deals, but too many hoarders ruin the fun. Granted there aren't that many BC hoarders compared to out East, still..not my fav forum to go to and post deals.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Can't stand RFD, particularly that Mahjongmaniac guy.....RFD is a haven for Canadian deals, but too many hoarders ruin the fun. Granted there aren't that many BC hoarders compared to out East, still..not my fav forum to go to and post deals.[/quote]

Agreed 100%. I just lurk it, I no longer contribute to posting cause of the trash community. That MJM is a total loser, same with grappos, they think theyre all that.

hey guys im a total newbie in rockband and guitar hero:( i always wanted to get into guitar hero / rock band but whenever tried to play it in stores to see how it works i always lose on beginner.... besides that whats the difference in rockband 1 and rockband 2 i never understood the difference is 2 way improved? is world tour just new songs? lol yeah situation does not look good hmvs dont seem to carry that much inventory i wonder if theres any thing left after the camper rush :/ damned hoarding maniacs with their pee bottle i hope they get distracted by something shiny so we can at least get a chance to get something!

[quote name='heimdal']Heard from RFD that some people are in their cars at this moment camping out for them.

I was considering coming in for one at 10am sharp, but since there's been consistently 200 viewers on the RFD thread, I'm deciding against it, especially since Scarborough's a haven for hoarders.[/QUOTE]

LOL you're an idiot. It was an obvious troll post.

[quote name='dreganfyre']Just wanted to say thanks, grabbed one for myself this morning! :) I'm glad there's not so many hoarders out here in the Maritimes...[/QUOTE]

Hey, nice to hear from another Maritimer!

Thanks to the original poster for sharing the deal -- I just picked up a copy of GH:WT for the 360. There were a few people in line, but nobody was hoarding stuff.

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']hey guys im a total newbie in rockband and guitar hero:( i always wanted to get into guitar hero / rock band but whenever tried to play it in stores to see how it works i always lose on beginner.... besides that whats the difference in rockband 1 and rockband 2 i never understood the difference is 2 way improved? is world tour just new songs? lol yeah situation does not look good hmvs dont seem to carry that much inventory i wonder if theres any thing left after the camper rush :/ damned hoarding maniacs with their pee bottle i hope they get distracted by something shiny so we can at least get a chance to get something![/quote]
2 generally has the same gameplay mechanics as the first one. Main difference is that they tweaked the world tour mode and added in some new modes. The songs are different as well but you can download most of the rock band 1 songs to play in 2. Practice makes perfect as well.

I got 2 one for rockband 2 ps3 ( my main)
And rockband 2 for the 360 (ACHIEVEMENTS)

No hoarders in downtown lol but most people would buy two or at least that's what I saw it's pretty cheap.

[quote name='spzero']Ahh, I guess this doesn't apply to just individual guitars huh?[/quote]

No it doesn't. What's annoying is one of the HMVs I went to had the individual guitars mixed in with the guitar bundles.

Just sell the game when you get the guitar bundles.

The two HMVs I went to in downtown Toronto (Bay/Bloor, Yonge/Dundas) had tons of bundles lying all over the place.

Got RB2 360 SE from the Queen West location at 10am. Lots of people there grabbing GH:WTs though. There seemed to be a lot of stock of GH related items, and more limited stock of RB items. Total for GHWT kit came out to 146 for the person in front of me -- that still seems like a lot.

Thanks OP!

I was able to get a ps3 WT but i havent seen anyone mention this, is the individual game on sale too ? cause i would go back to pick up RB2 for 30 bucks.

[quote name='afterburn999']I was able to get a ps3 WT but i havent seen anyone mention this, is the individual game on sale too ? cause i would go back to pick up RB2 for 30 bucks.[/quote]
Its bundles only deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if EB/GS tried a sale like this in the future. It's almost impossible to navigate the store without bumping into a stack of GH/RB.

RB vs. GH is really about personal preference, and in the Wii's case it's about compatibility as well. Generally, people like the GH guitars better, RB has a better user interface (GH circles don't work as well when small), and the drums are debatable (note that RB2 drums don't work on GHWT). Also, consider the set lists (both have DLC so it's a moot point) and the price point (RB2 is about $30 cheaper).

I picked up GHWT 360 from HMV at Oakville Place. They didn't have many xbox sets, but overall they had a lot of GH/RB.

I'm pretty happy about getting this price and item!

i decided I did not want to spend the money on the full PS3 GHWT but just wanted the game and guitar. So if any happened to see a PS3 GHWT + Guitar bundle (not band) in the GVRD please let me know. Mucho gracias ;)

thanks for the help i guess they are more or less the same tough call for alittle more you get world tour but for alittle less you get RB2!
is it a tough call? or is there a clear winner?
i think ill have to check it out today

thats disgusting ! damned flipper jacks

[quote name='awworld']i decided I did not want to spend the money on the full PS3 GHWT but just wanted the game and guitar. So if any happened to see a PS3 GHWT + Guitar bundle (not band) in the GVRD please let me know. Mucho gracias ;)[/quote]

Someone on RFD got a price-match from Cambie Best Buy and FS on Broadway. Apparently they just called for stock.

bread's done
Back