[Canada] London Drugs Games Clearance - $5 a game

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
[quote name='Fenian']Hi all. I popped into my local LD tonight because I needed to pick up a KVM switch. While I was in the computer dept. I noticed a large rack filled with console and PC games. I took a closer look and realized that they were all $5. They had PS2, Gamecube, PSP, PS3, X360 and PC games. There must have been over 70 different titles total. Anyways I picked up:

PC: Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End and Spiderman 3

PSP: Fight Night Round 3, Metal Slug Anthology, Avatar: Airbender and Naruto

PS2: One Piece, Fight Night Round 3, Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1 and 2, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

X360: TMNT, Tetris: Elements, Kameo, Top Spin 1 and 2, Open Season, Oblivion (!) and Spiderman 3.

PS3: Fight Night Round 3 and NHL 2K7.

I plan to try trading these in at EB or BB tomorrow. As always, YMMV.

The local LD that had these is at Colwood Corners in Victoria BC.

I may return tomorrow to grab the other X360 games for BB seeing as how I just found out about their minimum $13 credit...

Good luck!

Regards,

Fenian[/quote]
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515783

Get there before the hoarders do!

[quote name='magiic']sounds like all the games are gone

I'll go anyways after breakfast[/quote]

Be sure to report your findins!

Uh yeah serious YMMV. My LD still has games for $30-40 and that's considered "clearance."

Boxing Day is good though: I've seen games for $2.99.

no luck here. as was mentioned before, all the "bargain" red-tagged games were still 30+ bucks, and i didn't see ANYTHING in the single digits. not even the ones listed in the first post.

I found out why no one else is finding these prices. Apparently the store here could be the only one in Canada doing it. He said stores do it occasionally to free up shelf space at the request of the store manager. So it is insane YMMV.

EDIT: all of these games were the red tagged games you guys are mentioning. They just had $5.00 stickers on them

[quote name='Lockescythe']ether of you twio can pick up a street fighter alpha thingy for me I can give you whatever you pay for it and some extra or something. Thx.[/quote]

I didnt see any copies left he must of bought all or the only one

I didn't see any of those games clearances at 3 LD's I visited, I did end up picking up though Tenchu Z and Project Slypheed for 24.99 each, so it wasn't a total loss, but still, insane YMMV.

Yeah. I checked two LDs today. The one beside Metrotown seems to have no games whatsoever. The one on 41st/Victoria had them at the same "clearance" prices. Wanted $5 Oblivion or maybe $5 Phantasy Star Universe!

[quote name='Firestorm']Yeah. I checked two LDs today. The one beside Metrotown seems to have no games whatsoever. The one on 41st/Victoria had them at the same "clearance" prices. Wanted $5 Oblivion or maybe $5 Phantasy Star Universe![/quote]

Mine had phantasy star for the ps2 I might be able to grab that if it's there tomorrow

[quote name='S-Wind']LD: Kingsway near Joyce. One left.[/quote]

I'm really cheap and want it for $5, not $20 though!
Unless it is $5 there... If so I'll check it out.

[quote name='Firestorm']I'm really cheap and want it for $5, not $20 though!
Unless it is $5 there... If so I'll check it out.[/quote]

I doubt any LD's around here are clearing out games for $5 at the moment.

:cry:

heck if anyone cna pick me up a large amount of these that cna tradein at EB towards a ps3 I would be very generous.

Like pay for the X games needed for the tradein.

I guess you all could just technically do that for yourselves but I just find it nearly impossible to get anything for tradein offers being a ontarian.

8x5=40 I'd give 100$ shipping included if someone could do this for me. Decent profits to be made.

Mine still has some games left I doubt any of them count for EB games deal though. They give such shit trade-ins I would be amazed if any of these games work.

Im glad I didnt waste my time biking out to tillicum lol. I'ts like a 16Km bike ride each way. I almost did it but then decided it wasn't worth it when the manager at the colwood one said it was pretty exclusive. Glad I didnt bike all that way for nothing.

[quote name='HyperD']checked the mckenzie/quadra one LD, not one 5$ game from what i saw.[/quote]

all that is really left at colwood is a bunch of 06 sports titles

I tried a couple stores on the way home yesterday...there were red-tagged games at both Oliver Square and Jasper Gates, but no console games for $5. They were all $10-$20, so no 'outstanding' deals to be had. Might be worth keeping an eye on, though.

Barto

I quit litterarly ran out the door when I caught this thread, had to come back and get things I forgot a couple times. I hit the Hastings LD, no video games carried, then hit the 41st and Victoria, they had a couple of $20 games, but nothing you couldn't get for $10 of CL.

Was really hoping for a $5 oblivion. Might check Davie LD tomorrow, but I've lost all hope. :cry:

Nothing much at the WEM location (Edmonton), either, but the St. Albert location still had some reasonable $10 titles, mostly PSP but others were scattered throughout their gaming racks, not just on the 'clearance' rack. Might be worth a look!

[quote name='RichMac']I quit litterarly ran out the door when I caught this thread, had to come back and get things I forgot a couple times. I hit the Hastings LD, no video games carried, then hit the 41st and Victoria, they had a couple of $20 games, but nothing you couldn't get for $10 of CL.

Was really hoping for a $5 oblivion. Might check Davie LD tomorrow, but I've lost all hope. :cry:[/quote]

Sigh - was hoping for the same, got my hopes up - but called around a few of the Surrey LDs, nothing on super clearance, unfortunately. Looks like this is dead as a doornail.

I dont think it was ever really live. I am pretty sure that this deal was pretty much exclusive to the London Drugs at Colwood Corners, in Victoria, BC. Nothing ground was had by myself simply because that guy who posted it on RFD got all the good stuff first.

bread's done
Back