(Canada) Mass Effect 2 CE $45 at Wal-Mart YMMV

ducksoda7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
So I was at Wal-Mart the other day and noticed the copy of ME2 CE that's been sitting there forever's been reduced to $45. So I ended up buying it and returning my other factory sealed copy I bought a month before its original price of $80. If you have a Wal-Mart that still has ME2 CE in stock, definitely check it out.

Also, noticed the standard version of ME2's only $30 there instead of $40 now.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']I'll probably get it when it comes out on PS3 in January.[/QUOTE]

I'd be wary of a PS3 port done by Bioware. The PS3 version of Dragon Age is atrocious. Hopefully they contract a competent third party developer this time, or better yet, do it themselves :roll:

[quote name='Eoyote']I'd be wary of a PS3 port done by Bioware. The PS3 version of Dragon Age is atrocious. Hopefully they contract a competent third party developer this time, or better yet, do it themselves :roll:[/QUOTE]

Huh? I'm playing Dragon Age on PS3 and it's definitely not "atrocious" by any means. What are you talking about? I've heard a lot of people say the 360 version is actually the worst. Only the PC version could be considered superior (pull-back camera, mods, etc.).

The only bad thing about ME2 on PS3 is, how the hell are they going to manage all the ME1 tie-ins? I mean, you can transfer your character from ME1 to ME2 and the second game references a lot to the choices you've made in the first. Seems to be the experience won't be as personal as it is on 360/PC. Still happy to see it's coming to PS3 though :bouncy:

[quote name='matsam']Huh? I'm playing Dragon Age on PS3 and it's definitely not "atrocious" by any means. What are you talking about? I've heard a lot of people say the 360 version is actually the worst. Only the PC version could be considered superior (pull-back camera, mods, etc.).

The only bad thing about ME2 on PS3 is, how the hell are they going to manage all the ME1 tie-ins? I mean, you can transfer your character from ME1 to ME2 and the second game references a lot to the choices you've made in the first. Seems to be the experience won't be as personal as it is on 360/PC. Still happy to see it's coming to PS3 though :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Lens of Truth indicated the PS3 was superior to the 360 version, but I guess if you're comparing console vs. PC and you have a tricked-out computer, the console version would seem 'atrocious' by comparison.

Best way i can explain it is like Fallout 3 comparison (PS3 to 360) Freezes, hangs, system lockup. But if you havent noticed any of these GOOD FOR YOU!

Bayonetta is a liitle differ.

[quote name='matsam']Huh? I'm playing Dragon Age on PS3 and it's definitely not "atrocious" by any means. What are you talking about? I've heard a lot of people say the 360 version is actually the worst. Only the PC version could be considered superior (pull-back camera, mods, etc.).

The only bad thing about ME2 on PS3 is, how the hell are they going to manage all the ME1 tie-ins? I mean, you can transfer your character from ME1 to ME2 and the second game references a lot to the choices you've made in the first. Seems to be the experience won't be as personal as it is on 360/PC. Still happy to see it's coming to PS3 though :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

The game runs at 15-20 FPS damn near always. It's a stutter-fest. You get used to it after awhile but it's far from acceptable for a game of this caliber. Then there is the complete 1-2 second lock ups when you're fighting a large group of enemies (deep road comes to mind). It wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that command inputs are ignored during this time which is downright game-breaking & frustrating as all hell if you're trying to get a heal off or some other crucial spell.

I also had the misfortune of playing the game during the whole DLC debacle that used up valid codes for shale/dragon armor without the ability to actually download them.

The only superior thing about the PS3 version is it's higher res textures. Not much of a trade-off for slideshow-like gameplay. After putting in over 150 hours across 3 characters, I traded mine in in anticipation of the Ultimate Edition coming this fall.

bread's done
Back