[Canada] NCIX Xbox 360 Refurb Wireless Controller $14.99+$10 shipping

I got one of these during the boxing week sale. Excellent condition on the controller (I'm using it as my primary controller now), but the battery holder/cover is way too tight - I have to pull the batteries out with a pair of pliers, and it kind of chews up their outer covers. Does Microsoft replace those parts?

Hold the battery pack in your right hand, with the open end facing the floor.
Holding the pack in your right hand, bring your wrist down hard on your left hand (as hard as you can without hurting your wrist)
Do that a couple times, and the batteries should land on the floor without needing pliers.

I think that's just a problem with the sizing on MS's controllers. Any rechargeables I feed mine are pretty tight like you guys mentioned. But cheap disposables slide in and out freely.

I don't do anything extreme to remove them though. I find I have just enough space to get a bit of grip and pull on the - end, once you fight that one out it's easy to just pull the + one (which is impossible to pull first).

My original wireless is much like what you guys are describing, snug but not so tight that you need tools to get them out (at worst I'd have to smack it as Archestratus mentioned). Rechargables in the new one though, it's next to impossible to free the batteries without a pair of pliers. I'm thinking about attacking it with some sandpaper if MS doesn't just replace them outright.

bread's done
Back