[Canada] New EB Games Promotion - Trade 2, get it for 9.99/14.99/19.99

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!
Went to the EB today at Rideau Centre, wondering when they were going to have another "Trade 3, get any game" promo so I could get ODST for my brother. Stumbled upon this!

The conditions are somewhat pecuiliar: if you were to buy any new game that was released in September, October, or upcoming in November, if you trade in 2 games with a $8 TIV you get $50 credit towards that purchase. So,

• on a $59.99 game, you pay $9.99;
  • on a $64.99 game, you pay $14.99;
  • and on a $69.99 game, you pay $19.99.
Pretty good if you ask me! Definitely getting ODST now, and maybe Magna Carta 2...

------------------------

EDIT: Nov 5/09

Did this yesterday. The stipulations on the deal:

MUST be $59.99-$69.99
miniumum $8 TIV
MUST have been released in September, October or November (preorders)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty awesome. I just went in today and cancelled my Assassin's Creed 2 preorder (which I got with T3G1F), and picked up the new Ratchet game (gift). I did however get the $10 difference back in credit, so I'll definitely scrounge together two games to pick something up.

I just called to see about the new Dragon Age game. They said that the only deal they have for it right now would be trade 3 get it free. This was the location at Runnymede and St Clair in Toronto.

I might just go in later today and ask them about the deal in person.

I saw posters for this deal so it exists.

They did not put up their posters / read their emails if they pretend the deal does not exist.

This deal + GG for Assassin's Creed 2 = gold.

Just checking to make sure since common sense logic doesn't always agree with retail logic, trading in two towards a 50.00 game means it's free rite? Or does this have to be for games 59.99 and over?

Confirmed working at Runnymede and St. Clair in Toronto. Traded Uncharted 1 and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and got $50 off Demon's Souls.

One of the employees wasn't aware of the deal and was informed of it by the other, so if you run into any problems, just ask them to check their emails.

I think at the moment it's a bit of YMMV, at least depending on the exact rules. The location I visited said it only worked on new (in the last week) or upcoming games, not for games in the past little while. I'll probably give it another shot in a few days to see if I can get someone else to give me Demon's Souls...

question: is modern warfare 2 at eb 59.99 or 69.99? i searched, but only found that it's on sale for 59.99 at bb/fs.

if it's 59, i'm all over this deal...then i'll transfer my trade3 preorder for mw2 to assassin's creed 2 (which i think is still 69.99).

[quote name='craig64']I think at the moment it's a bit of YMMV, at least depending on the exact rules. The location I visited said it only worked on new (in the last week) or upcoming games, not for games in the past little while. I'll probably give it another shot in a few days to see if I can get someone else to give me Demon's Souls...[/QUOTE]

If they tell you this, just get a new game, leave the store, then come back in and say you'd like to return the game you just got.

The guy I spoke with last night even knew about the September-November stipulation. It's gotta be right there in the email. Tell them to read it a bit more thoroughly.

[quote name='thegamecubist']The sign only made note of games $59.99 and up, so...

Gonna try this tomorrow when I go back to the mall :)[/QUOTE]

Oh feck. This is certainly a monkey in my wrench.

Alright, just did this to get Halo 3: ODST. To confirm:

MUST be over $59.99
miniumum $8 TIV

The system just treats the games as $25 TIV. The girl that served me said that this deal wasn't in the "promo wizard" yet, so she had to put it in manually. I'm assuming the system would automatically recognize the two traded games and adjust the price. This maybe lead to some difficulty in getting the deal, but it's legit.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Alright, just did this to get Halo 3: ODST. To confirm:

MUST be over $59.99
miniumum $8 TIV

The system just treats the games as $25 TIV. The girl that served me said that this deal wasn't in the "promo wizard" yet, so she had to put it in manually. I'm assuming the system would automatically recognize the two traded games and adjust the price. This maybe lead to some difficulty in getting the deal, but it's legit.[/QUOTE]

Must be over $59.99? So wii games don't count? Dang I was hoping to do this for Darkside chronicles.

[quote name='supergrover99']Must be over $59.99? So wii games don't count? Dang I was hoping to do this for Darkside chronicles.[/QUOTE]

You could do it for Assassin's Creed 2, then return it as a GG and buy your game then. You'll have $10 in EB credit leftover.

[quote name='supergrover99']Must be over $59.99? So wii games don't count? Dang I was hoping to do this for Darkside chronicles.[/QUOTE]

err, $59.99 -$69.99 xD My bad. Won't DC cost $59.99 up here?

I went and picked up Demon's Souls today without a hitch. It must've just been a newer employee working the other day. I can't wait to give this game a try...

bread's done
Back