[Canada]Next EB Gaming Guarantee: Wolfenstein

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'm interested in Wolfenstein, I might take advantage of this offer if the reviews aren't anything special.[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Do I have to return the game at the same location I pre-ordered it?[/QUOTE]

FME, no I never had to return to the same location bought. They should all know there is a gaming guarantee on the game.

Yeah I believe for the gaming guarantee you have to go to the same place. However you can return Trade 3 games at any location with your receipt.

I'm pretty sure the GG is the way it is because of logistics.

Wolfenstein Game Guarantee? Damn my store didn't receive any signage for that, we got some Wolfenstein signage but none that say that. Can any other EB guys confirm?

And what's with EB GG'ing crappy games? Are they getting paid off or what? 'Cause Transformers fucking sucked and this next Wolfenstein looks to be nothing special.

I was just at EB Games and saw that the new gaming guarantee title was
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Yeah ebgames has a really bad record of GG games.. but I asked a guy there and he said "if we did that for good games, no one would bring them back". I'm not sure that makes complete sense if you think about it :p

Either way. $5 gets you a pre-order, but if I understand it correctly, if you put down the full amount, you're protected against price increases (but can still benefit from price drops). Also I believe they will hold it indefinitely.

[quote name='TripleQ']Also I believe they will hold it indefinitely.[/QUOTE]

From my understanding they will only hold a game for you for 2 days, then if they're running low on stock they will sell your game. They'll have to give you a copy of the game eventually when they restock (especailly if you paid in full for the game) but pre-ordering a game only gives you a 2 day hold guarantee.

[quote name='TripleQ']Yeah ebgames has a really bad record of GG games.. but I asked a guy there and he said "if we did that for good games, no one would bring them back". I'm not sure that makes complete sense if you think about it :p[/QUOTE]
Idiots, ie EBgame's main stream of revenue, will buy just about any new release preowned jsut to save 5 bucks. So it's stupidity on their end and stupidity on the largest gaming population's end.

Also it's not like GGs gives you real money; only phoney baloney EBgames space money so it's not like they lose out on much, if anything.

[quote name='poiuiu']

Also it's not like GGs gives you real money; only phoney baloney EBgames space money so it's not like they lose out on much, if anything.[/QUOTE]

You can trade things you purchase with "space money" for "earth money" on sites like Ebay. I know, it's complicated, so PM me for details.

lol, true enough. example is where i did some T3s to get $70 of credit that i built up a few times so i could use it towards a TE stick that i sold for $200.

Yeah, exchanging "space money" for "earth money" isnt hard, & somewhat preferable since it isn't taxed so it is a huge benefit for gamers. But if you are just a hoarder, then screw you.

Essentially, you a pre-order a specific game at EB, and if you trade that game back into EB within 7 days, you get $69.99 worth of credit on your EB Edge card; some like to think of it as a free rental.

[quote name='j940651']You can trade things you purchase with "space money" for "earth money" on sites like Ebay. I know, it's complicated, so PM me for details.[/QUOTE]

That requires effort and sitting up instead of laying down; you have to be shitting me.

[quote name='poiuiu']That requires effort and sitting up instead of laying down; you have to be shitting me.[/QUOTE]

it's not for everyone. i like collecting space money at all the different stores.
i've only recently decided to start converting some of it to earth money.
it's not hard believe me. i'm the slackingest slacker that ever slacked.

I heard the trade 3 promo might apply to Wolfenstein? is this true? If so, could i do the trade 3, get wolfenstein, return it after a week and put the $69.99 toward say, Uncharted 2?

[quote name='DoubleStop']I heard the trade 3 promo might apply to Wolfenstein? is this true? If so, could i do the trade 3, get wolfenstein, return it after a week and put the $69.99 toward say, Uncharted 2?[/QUOTE]

Yes to all your questions.

[quote name='DoubleStop']I heard the trade 3 promo might apply to Wolfenstein? is this true? If so, could i do the trade 3, get wolfenstein, return it after a week and put the $69.99 toward say, Uncharted 2?[/QUOTE]

For sure. This is the best way to use a "trade 3 get 1 free" (or get all three tivs uped to $23.33) toward a prestige/hardened edition of COD:MW2. Either that or just cancel your preorder on a $70 game after a few days and they'll give it back as EB credit.

Thanks. From the videos ive seen Wolfenstein doesnt look very good, but for a free rental i guess its worth it. Hopefully Dead Space, MGS4 and Bioshock all work. According to TIVs.ca they should.

hey guys, does anyone know if I can pre-order multiple (2) copies of Wolfenstein and trade them both back in for $69.99 each? I have 6 games I have no intention of playing anytime soon, so I figure I should trade them in, get the pre-order, then take advantage of the guarantee and get pre-orders on Halo 3: ODST, Uncharted 2, Dragon Age: Origins, MW2, Batman: Arkham Asylum or the like...

[quote name='game_fanatic']hey guys, does anyone know if I can pre-order multiple (2) copies of Wolfenstein and trade them both back in for $69.99 each? I have 6 games I have no intention of playing anytime soon, so I figure I should trade them in, get the pre-order, then take advantage of the guarantee and get pre-orders on Halo 3: ODST, Uncharted 2, Dragon Age: Origins, MW2, Batman: Arkham Asylum or the like...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to be trying this out. I already have one pre order of Wolfenstein and i have a couple more games i just bought online cheap that i will be trading in when they arrive. The simple way to do it would be to just go to a different EB, or you can try and pre order a 360 and PS3 version.

hmm yeah good call DoubleStop, tomorrow is my day off so I'll be doing it then I suppose, I have one pre-order at a local EB, so if i can do one more at that location, and one more at the location across the street, I'll be a happy camper :)

Do it at different locations. I currently have 2 copies of Wolfenstein on preorder that I plan on converting to Dragon Age and something else.

[quote name='j940651']it's not for everyone. i like collecting space money at all the different stores.
i've only recently decided to start converting some of it to earth money.
it's not hard believe me. i'm the slackingest slacker that ever slacked.[/QUOTE]

I've never been too fond of ebay and chances are, the only way I'll be using them is via someone else with a good history. And I'm not completely against eb unlike most others since the two I frequent have guys I can actually talk to about games. So I don't mind too much using space bucks since I'll be buying games at the end of the day.

Snowsquirrel,
What happens with when I picked up a game that was pre-ordered at $70 but the game costs $60 at launch is EB gives me the game and $10 of credit on a card.

I've never done a gaming guarantee before my only question is do I need a edge card to get the full 69.99 back or can they just put it on a gift card instead?

They have Edge cards that they can put them on that you don't have to pay for BUT they don't have the bar code for 10% off used games.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']They have Edge cards that they can put them on that you don't have to pay for BUT they don't have the bar code for 10% off used games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that's what I figured but I wasn't sure.

Interesting situation today; I traded in 6 games to EB today, and pre-ordered one copy of Wolfenstein, and one copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum. Here's the interesting part; the clerk mentioned I could not trade in Wolfenstein for the $69.99 if I did a T3 for it, I could only trade it in and switch it to another pre-order. Anyone else experience this? Isn't that basically going against the whole Gaming Guarantee?

I've never had that problem. In fact, the guy at my EB games told me to put my trade 3 towards wolfenstein then return it immediate and put the credit toward MW2 hardened edition. (the one that cost 80-90, cause you can't do a trade 3 for it).

When you pickup Wolfenstein, you don't need the pre-order receipt, just your name and ID. Therefore there's no mention of the T3 anywhere. When you return it for the GG, your pickup receipt also has no mention of the T3 anywhere on it. Ergo, there should be no reason why they wouldn't deny you the GG.

Alright, good to hear; If the guy gives me a hassle I'll just go across the street and trade in Wolfenstein there. I mean I will eventually be pre-ordering games anyways, but I would prefer to have the credit straight up in case something catches my eye.

The guy's just bullshitting you unless they changed their policy all the sudden. You'll get 70 bucks back with your preorder receipt.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']When you pickup Wolfenstein, you don't need the pre-order receipt, just your name and ID. Therefore there's no mention of the T3 anywhere. When you return it for the GG, your pickup receipt also has no mention of the T3 anywhere on it. Ergo, there should be no reason why they wouldn't deny you the GG.[/QUOTE]

all my receipts have the T3 games and their boosted TIV ($23.33) on them.
i had such a hassle with UFC. half of the stores gave me Edge Card credit.
the other half gave me Gift Card. some gave tax, some did not.
YMMV.

bread's done
Back