[Canada] Official Wal-Mart Price Drop Thread

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
There's been a bunch of pretty decent price drops, so I thought it might be useful to summarize here.

:360: Xbox 360
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - 29.00
Armored Core: For Answer - 18.83
Assassins Creed - 18.93
Battlefield: Bad Company 18.93
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare GOTY Edition - 35
C&C3 Kane's Wrath - 10 (YMMV)
Chronicles of Riddick - 39.00
Dead or Alive Extreme 2 - 10.00
Dead Space 39.00
EndWar 19.83
Facebreaker - 10
Midnight Club: LA 44.00
Mirror's Edge - 29.00
Mercenaries 2 18.93 (or 19.83? can't remember)
Prince of Persia - 39.00
Raiden Fighter Aces - 18.83
Saint's Row 2 - 29.00
Simpsons - 10.00
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 - 29.00
Terminator Salvation 59.00

:ps3: PS3
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare GOTY Edition - $35
EndWar 19.83
Fracture $20
GH: Metallica 45
Killzone 2 45
Mercenaries 2 18.83 (bargin bin)
Motorstorm Pacific Rift 29.83
Resistance 2 29.83
Saint's Row 2 29.00
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 29.00

:wii:Wii
De Blob - 29
Deadly Creatures - 29
Guitar Hero Metallica - 35.00
No More Heroes 18.83
Skate It - 29

Other
:ps2: PS2 The King Of Fighers '98 - $20
:psp: PSP DJ Max Fever - $30 (down from the $50 it was only last week)

Last edited by a moderator:
I see they changed the 18.93 bin to $20 and under, and some are 19.83, like GR2 that has been 18.93 for ages.

the $10 bin here now loaded, but piles of copies of the same non notable ones. some of them still going to be there boxing day when they will presumably be $5

Ac for answer was 50% off 18.93 boxing week, haven't seen it since. AC4 is $20 used a BBV

Anyone from the Hamilton Ontario area see No More Heroes, I am looking for this game and can't seem to locate it at walmart. This would be the perfect way to use up what is left on my giftcard from xmas!

I saw Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer at $10 in the bargain bin over the weekend. A total steal at that price. If you're a fan of (or can at least tolerate) roguelike rpgs and havn't checked it out yet you might want to give it a look. Probably won't be many more like it coming to North America for consoles, being a fairly niche genre.

Updates for the 360

Mercenaries 2 18.93 (or 19.83? can't remember)
Battlefield: Bad Company 18.93
Midnight Club: LA 44.00
Dead Space 39.00
Terminator Salvation 59.00

I had a friend over this weekend, we rented Terminator after seeing the movie. Took us all of 3 hours to beat. We went back and exchanged it and said it wasn't what we expected. Didn't lie, but the only other game they had that was multiplayer was Lego Star Wars, which we were thoroughly disappointed with.

[quote name='game_fanatic']you went back to WM to exchange a game? I didn't think they allowed that.[/QUOTE]I think he means BBV or Rogers, since he rented the game.

my walmart in leamington had the 360 version of rock revolution for $18.93 if anyone wants to subject themselves to that torture (or at least from what i have read in reviews) maybe it has a decent trade in value ?

[quote name='maigoyume']I think he means BBV or Rogers, since he rented the game.[/QUOTE]
*sigh* apparently reading comprehension is not my strong suit :wall:

[quote name='game_fanatic']*sigh* apparently reading comprehension is not my strong suit :wall:[/QUOTE]Happens to the best of us :lol:

Just came back from Walmart, noticed that the prize went back up to normal on

GH Metallica
Killzone 2
Saints Row 2

All PS3. Only thing I noticed that was still cheap was COD MW for $35.

i also seen the original skate for 360 for $18.93 and burnout paradise platinum hits version they also had an orange box in there but it wasnt tagged (360 as well)

[quote name='seed84']just picked up henry hatsworth for $18.93 thats about $10 less than the last time i seen it[/QUOTE]

how is the platforming part in that game? i've played most if not all of the best of the 2-d platforms.
if Hatsworth can stand up to Mario, Metroid, Wario, Klonoa and other platforms, it'll be a deal for me.

What do the crossed over games mean ? Saints Row 2 is a pretty good price considering BBV has it for that price used (and without a manual )

[quote name='Bencherstyle']how is the platforming part in that game? i've played most if not all of the best of the 2-d platforms.
if Hatsworth can stand up to Mario, Metroid, Wario, Klonoa and other platforms, it'll be a deal for me.[/QUOTE]

The platforming is okay. Nowhere near as good as Mario or Kirby or any of those. I'm not a fan of Klonoa too much, so I don't want to compare it to that game.

I found the puzzle aspect of Hatsworth more fun than the platforming. Still a good game though. Worth the $19 for it, I think.

I stopped updating that top post a long time ago... but the crossed out stuff meant the sale was over. I've heard Simpsons is still $10 though.

[quote name='eday_2010']The platforming is okay. Nowhere near as good as Mario or Kirby or any of those. I'm not a fan of Klonoa too much, so I don't want to compare it to that game.

I found the puzzle aspect of Hatsworth more fun than the platforming. Still a good game though. Worth the $19 for it, I think.[/QUOTE]

hmm.. im going out right now to get Hatsworth or Broken sword or Castlevania :p i hope my buyings remorse gets me something good.

If it's Order of Ecclesia you're eyeing, go for that one.

Hatsworth is a fun game, but it's not for everyone whereas OoE is overall more forgiving.

Not that much more forgiving :eek: I remember the bosses in both games being pretty ridiculous(ly hard to kill). The levels in Hatsworth were definitely a little more on the sadistic side, though.

Hopefully this can be added to the list:
Peggle: Dual Shot (DS) - 10.00 [priced in 18.93 bin at 18.93 few weeks ago, rings up at $10.00) - this is a kickass Peggle version, different from XBLA version.

[quote name='Arcturian']Hopefully this can be added to the list:
Peggle: Dual Shot (DS) - 10.00 [priced in 18.93 bin at 18.93 few weeks ago, rings up at $10.00) - this is a kickass Peggle version, different from XBLA version.[/QUOTE]

$10 is a great price for one of the best time wasters ever made.

[quote name='ammowasted']Is Simpsons still $10? It's got a TIV of $10 at EBGames.[/QUOTE]

I found a copy at the milton location burried deep but, it rang in at $18.93...not sure if the $10 ones have a special sticker on the back or something.

I just bought Rock Band 2 SE for 99(I bought it for the 360 but it's also 99 for the Wii and PS3). The CSR said that it was probably only at this store(Spruce Grove, AB) but I thought that I would still let everyone know just in case.

So YMMV

[quote name='supergrover99']I found a copy at the milton location burried deep but, it rang in at $18.93...not sure if the $10 ones have a special sticker on the back or something.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to find a game in the $10 bin that rings up as $10, what gives?

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']I just bought Rock Band 2 SE for 99(I bought it for the 360 but it's also 99 for the Wii and PS3). The CSR said that it was probably only at this store(Spruce Grove, AB) but I thought that I would still let everyone know just in case.

So YMMV[/QUOTE]
It's $99 at my Wal-Mart too.

[quote name='JamesX']I have yet to find a game in the $10 bin that rings up as $10, what gives?[/QUOTE]

Apollo Justice for DS is 10 bucks, also worth 8 bucks at EB, so good for Trade 3 promo.

[quote name='jbo2891']$10 is a great price for one of the best time wasters ever made.[/QUOTE]

plus you get a coupon inside to download a free popcap pc game

oh man oh man i just went to walmart like 30 minutes ago and i found the bargain bin and let me tell you it was such a mess lol. i couldn't find any games that were +8tivs though after 10 minutes of digging through the pile so i gave up.. haha

Hellboy: The Science of Evil is 10 bucks in the bargain bin. It's tiv is worth $22 at BBV, so if you don't like it, you can return it for profit :p

picked up casltevania, Prof. layton.
also helped with a lady with a wii game for a 11 year old. she took my word that ShawnWhite Snowboarding was good :)( since he was a sports fan)

also, Apollo justice i saw was for 19.99 at costco. don't know about you guys but i intend to keep this game :) best game for the ds!

[quote name='Bencherstyle']
also helped with a lady with a wii game for a 11 year old. she took my word that ShawnWhite Snowboarding was good :)( since he was a sports fan)[/QUOTE]

Damn. You played her hard, man.

[quote name='Kekumba']Damn. You played her hard, man.[/QUOTE]

what? no SWS was really fun, i'd buy it :) actually, after i played it on the wii, im planning to get it for the PS3. and since she didn't want to pay 50 bucks for a game, it was perfect .:cool:

DJ Max Fever (PSP) - $19.99 From $50 elsewhere
Indiana Jones June 2009 one (PSP) - $19.99 From $40/$50 elsewhere
Rockband Unplugged (PSP) - $29.99 from $40/$50 elsewhere

[quote name='Dragon52']DJ Max Fever (PSP) - $19.99 From $50 elsewhere
[/QUOTE]

Just checked today, it's still labeled at $29.83. Is there a chance that it scans in at $19.99?

[quote name='matsam']Hellboy: The Science of Evil is 10 bucks in the bargain bin. It's tiv is worth $22 at BBV, so if you don't like it, you can return it for profit :p[/QUOTE]

Was still 29.95 at my local WM :C

[quote name='pmp1986']Was still 29.95 at my local WM :C[/QUOTE]

At my local Walmart, they have both Hellboy in the bargain bin (360 - $10) and behind the glass shelf (360 - $29.XX), it's the same exact game with 2 different prices! :lol:
That's what you get when you have no inventory whatsoever...

[quote name='RavenousBear']Just checked today, it's still labeled at $29.83. Is there a chance that it scans in at $19.99?[/QUOTE]

I saw it at the Dufferin Mall location, which I've seen put the wrong games in the wrong place. So I may have been wrong on the $19.99, I'll check again some time this week. Since I bit at $29.83 a while back.

bread's done
Back